What did ancient Greeks really look like?

Is it true that they looked Nordic? The Spartans fascinate me and ancient Sparta was probably the first self-conscious ethnostate. In most media they however are portrayed as brown eyed brown haired people.

Attached: s.jpg (2048x1367, 313K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theoccidentalobserver.net/2018/06/12/ancient-sparta-the-first-self-conscious-ethnostate-part-1-educating-citizen-soldiers/
theoccidentalobserver.net/2018/06/13/ancient-sparta-the-first-self-conscious-ethnostate-part-2-commitment-to-collectivism/
theoccidentalobserver.net/2018/06/14/ancient-sparta-the-first-self-conscious-ethnostate-part-3-the-virtuous-circle-of-spartan-power/
youtu.be/dxkvJ63AJXY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 45957298754234.jpg (800x1203, 252K)

Sparta was probably Germanic.
>t. classics major

Attached: image.jpg (468x705, 154K)

We know they had the foot.

Attached: greek-toe.jpg (600x400, 31K)

This is offensive to me. I’m from Africa not Europe. What are you implying that I should erase or swap my cultural heritage?

wrong. They described themselves in literature as "darker than the barbarians to the North"

They did not look nordic. This has been totally disproved scientifically. We even have genetical evidence now. Spartans were and indo-european elite so they could be lighter but not nordic-tier light. Like northern italians for example. All yamnaya that went south mixed with EEF in the process.

Attached: 1566820071154.jpg (1920x2240, 1.39M)

Like modern day Italians, Greeks and Balkan people
Med + Dinaric + Alpine + some smaller Nordic influence

also this

Attached: 613547653432.png (1897x939, 1021K)

Well realistically, a little lighter than modern day Greeks. I think they would most likely look like modern day Northern Spaniards.

Vast majority of european populations did not change from what they were in the past.

Take a look at pic related. I’d say they would look like this, a little swarthy but clearly caucasoid.

Attached: 7FF30CE4-8525-435A-8529-439BFF99F924.jpg (500x666, 74K)

Here we go again

Attached: 6B1Shpw.jpg (895x877, 170K)

>Is it true that they looked Nordic?
Completely false. Judging from their vase paintings, very much like modern Greeks:
>brown eyed brown haired people

The image of blonde blue-eyed Ancient Greeks came from the XVIII-XIX century paintings. The ancient Greek authors ascribed those traits only to Scythians and Thracians.

I'm guessing they had their own original phenotype, bulk of their genetics is archaic Caucasoid with IEs coming down and gradually imparting their language and culture to them. Initially Mycenaean culture probably was a lot like Vedic period India minus the Dravidians, where IEs come in and dominate a megalithic civilisation but the palace economy remains intact. That changes with subsequent migrations.

Only with mass genome studies will we be able to tell how they looked like exactly.

Posting this just shows you don't know shit lel Mycenaeans were already post IE migration. That information alone means nothing.

Another dumb comment. Even if they barely mixed they'd still be darker than people to the North, numbnuts. Not to mention tans.

Attached: Grk.jpg (500x625, 36K)

Do nords look like this? No, blonde hair is not inherent of nordic people, there are a lot of spaniards and south frenchs with blonde hair having a mediterranean-celtic complexion

Attached: IMG_20190827_153856.jpg (510x1421, 330K)

I would say they look more like celtiberians, brown/blonde hair

Attached: dv454565-9.jpg (2674x1759, 2.02M)

of course !

Attached: 100 pethent naurdic.jpg (1024x768, 446K)

you're an ethiopean jew, noone believes youre a jew btw

Celtic is also "Nordic". People don't mean Scandis.

Celts and nordics aren't the same, some celts were "nordics" of course, but tje majory of them were redhead/brown hair persons, the atlantoid phenotype basically. Many Irish aren't "nordics" and the celts in England were described by the romans as tribes of people with brown hair.

Haven't we had this thread enough times already? Must you constantly shitpost? Last time I am doing this, I swear to Apollo.

No.

>The Spartans fascinate me
Massive plebian taste detected.

>ancient Sparta was probably the first self-conscious ethnostate
No... Every City-State of Ancient Greece was an ethnostate and Greece itself was the biggest one, where did you even get this?

>In most media they however are portrayed as brown eyed brown haired people.
Yeah, because they were. Dorians had more blonde people than the rest, which is where they got one of their nicknames from, but it was still rare, as it is today.

Attached: 1566306259386.webm (640x640, 1.35M)

They did not look like Celt-Iberians
Also, most Spaniards are a mix of Alpine and Med as I stated, they look pretty similair to the rest of Southern Europe
Pic related are modern Greeks

Attached: uG5CdlF.png (1300x728, 2.48M)

"Spartan law and culture were obsessed with systematically ensuring good breeding, martial education, and group unity. Spartan ethics and law considered that what was good was whatever was good for the community. During a debate as to whether a commander had abused his authority, the Spartan king Agesilaus argued: “The point to be examined . . . is simply this: has this action been good or bad for Sparta?” Kevin MacDonald has argued that the law instituted by Lycurgus – featuring in-group altruism, relative egalitarianism, separation from and unity in the face of out-groups, specialization in warfare, and communally-determined in-group eugenics – qualifies as a genuine “altruistic group evolutionary strategy."

This.
Blonde hair meant 2 things in both Greece and Rome.
1) Barbarian slave
2) Prostitute

It was associated so much with prostitution that dark haired prostitutes dyed their hair blonde to signify their profession.

Based medniggers lmao

user, none of the things you posted is unique to an ethnostate. An ethnostate is a state that centers around the cultural and genetic traits of an ethnos and tries to keep them pure. This happened with every single city state, Sparta was not unique in this. It was common knowledge to not mix with foreigners, hell it still is today, we have no idea what you madmen are doing up north.

Didn't the Spartans come from Crete and subjugated the native population in Sparta.

So basically Sean Connery look-a-likes when he was tanned playing Bond?

Might as well just have a vagina.

Northern Italians of today are lighter from centuries of German admixture post Rome.
Greeks of the mainland today have more blonde admix from Verangian Guard. During Byzantine times the Emperor's primary guatd were Viking Orthodox converts from what is now Russia. Many settled in Greece and today their descendants still have blonde hair.
Ancient Greeks, and in particular Spartans and Athenians of the classical period were dark haired and mostly with brown eyes.
Alexander the great had "golden hair" not blonde, because his mother, Phillips wife, was a "barbarian" from the North.
Surprisingly DNA studies show Greeks as mostly unchanged from the Mycanean period.
Another surprise is that Turks contain more admix from Greeks than the reverse.

No you dumb Turk, read all three parts

theoccidentalobserver.net/2018/06/12/ancient-sparta-the-first-self-conscious-ethnostate-part-1-educating-citizen-soldiers/

theoccidentalobserver.net/2018/06/13/ancient-sparta-the-first-self-conscious-ethnostate-part-2-commitment-to-collectivism/

theoccidentalobserver.net/2018/06/14/ancient-sparta-the-first-self-conscious-ethnostate-part-3-the-virtuous-circle-of-spartan-power/

Spartans and Dorians in general came from the North user, they were migrating from India to Europe.

>dumb Turk
Well, guess I won't be trying to help you become less ignorant then.

Fucking read it.

They were Irish back than

Hey. Anyone from Europe is a Western brother to me provided their ancestors are European and they aren't muslim.
The whole "only nordics are white is a divide and conquer kike/leftist/muslim tactic to divide Europe. I don't recognize that argument. Just like I view white Hispanics as white and ignore the leftist attempt to divide us.

Probably depended on the different subgroups. The Dorians invaded and settled from the North during the Bronze Age, prior to the Bronze Age Collapse. So the Dorians were in all likelihood slightly paler, with a bit higher prevalence to blonde hair and blue eyes. During Alexander the Great's time, there was whole sections of the Macedonian aristocrats with Blonde hair.

They never looked "Nordic", slavic, baltic, etc. They may have looked slightly less stereotypically "Mediterranean", however. Nobody really knows.

>We wuz greeks n sheeit

Spartans were Dorians, so were Macedonians
They settled from Northern Europe into Greece, just basically IE people that settled with ENF Pelasgians

oh man ... jews fucking suck, they'll distort history to their advantage and never look back to the facts that wove reality . that's why people hate you, you are untrue fantasist insincere faggots for lack of better words.

Everyone who's read a book on Ancient Greece and i have read 2, would know of the 'Descent of the Dorians' from Northern provinces, not a jew upmigration, likes kikes insist.

A jew liar is a liar who is jewing, lrt's deal with it.

Dear lord you're daft.

that's ironic coming from an american

Why? Its not supported by DNA research.

Hiwever, and here is something you will love. Germans are a mix of Huns, which we now know came from the Steppe and were mongoloid, some of which fought for the Golden horde.
Its pretty evident when you look at the skull and eye shape of someone like Schwarzenegger.
The mountain Germans are still white, like Swiss Germans, but the bulk of German ancestry in the lower and Eastern lands is mongoloid mix.

Yeah user, I did mean they were part of the Dorian migration, they were just the first and penetrated deeper than anyone else.

The Celtic migrations happened way after the Bronze age user.

They looked like ancient boy fucking faggots. Fucking pederasts dude

not that you are wrong exactly, but the Dorians were from similar groups to the neolithic and bronze age Greek populations, i.e the Caucasus/steppe region, albeit in a different wave of migration. So while they would have had a higher prevalence of lighter hair and eyes, those features weren't absent from the earlier neolithic populations either, only those early populations mixed with the darker hunter-gatherers in the area.

>DNA research companies

the same one that lie to their customers about having Jewish ancestry just to fuck with 'white nationalists'?

WHO DAT? WHOOOOOO DATTT?

>Phillips wife, was a "barbarian" from the North.
Olympias was from Athens, was she not ? Phillip was a "mythical Mermydon" Macedonian, of Achilles stock, Achilles was blonde but not all of them were .

Im sorry muhammed. 100% European stock here. My family came here a bit more than 100 years ago. Prior to America, they resided in Eurooe for 6000 years. My last name, which you will not know, is a European name thats 3000 years old. Im a citizen of an EU country but born here. My wife is Baltic.

Does it suck to be a turk mongoloid and not belong in Europe? To be a rape baby?
When did your mongoloid ancestors arrive in Germany? With the mongoloid Huns or as a Turk wageslave?

>Hiwever, and here is something you will love. Germans are a mix of Huns, which we now know came from the Steppe and were mongoloid, some of which fought for the Golden horde.

You are confusing huns with mongols,fren.
Mongols-mongoloids
Huns- probably not.
Central asia used to be caucasoid populated.

What is with N*rds and their thing of trying to steal med culture, n*rds are like Meds are brown and short and ugly, MUHHHH height MUHHH GERMANY EURO, but then MUHHH ROME IS NORDIC, MUHH SPARTA IS NORDIC, why cant u guys be proud of ur own heritage, u guys are viking n shiet and berserker and shiet, u niggers took down rome u should have been proud of that its cringe, its like u guys are actually all african american n shiet

This information didn't come from stupid 23 & me. It comes from ancient gravesites of Mycanean kings.
The Huns were easier to track as the Chinese fought them prior to them ravaging Germany.

t. mutt

no one actually takes you serious. the mutt meme is real

I did say "with a bit higher prevalence",meaning the other did have some prevalence.

they were pretty based with their slave class. Why wait for an uprising when you can just periodically go fuck their shit up even though they hadn't even done anything just to keep them in line.

No. Im not. Let me look up their Chinese name. They were Asian steppe stock, not "mongols" per say. Their tribes did ally with Mongols during the Horde.

Not an answer.

I am of Dutch, German and Swedish stock, I don't live in a country that has been half Judaised half negrified since the beginning like the USA. America would have even been better off with only native Americans. If you are really of European stock, which I find hard to believe, then your ancestors are fucking traitors for leaving behind their own lands and people only to exterminate and replace the natives of another land.

Xiongnu

Olympia was from Epirus user. Epirus at the time was Greek, but issues of her mother were talked about and some claimed she was a Thracian, which would make her only half Greek, although it's likely this was all just propaganda of the time. Also, not Philip but Olympia was the one descending from Achilles.

Huns were a mix probably. Kinda like protoslavic people. Still certainly not Mongoloid.

feel bad for the natives of the american land, imagine being genocide and defeated only to have ur land filled with african americans

oh got a few things prozac'd there

Indeed. Imagine being native american and seeing what your country has become, culture thrown away, and the absolute epitome of degeneracy full with niggers and jews.

Fpbp

So far the only 3 Mycenean (Indoeuropeanized Greeks) samples that we have turned out to be brown-haired and brown-eyed.
Same for Minoans and Bronze Age Anatolians (Lazaridis et al)

Attached: 20190827_161747.jpg (1996x1080, 777K)

Opportunity to pick up a book user, a confederate ought to know the base of what he's fighting for, remember where the West started.

The Hunnic elites probably were mongoloid, yet the majority of their footsoldiers most likely consisted of europeoid Iranic peoples from the steppes.
Same with "Mongols" actually, only very few ones that invaded Russia were actual mongols.

This

The Bronze statue of the Charioteer, 480-460 B.C., Delphi, Greece

Attached: charioteer.jpg (2592x3888, 1.13M)

Attached: charioteerprofile.jpg (480x632, 66K)

enough, we don't like ungentlemanly lessons, like I suppose you dislike as well, already said I read twice on Sparta, or did you miss it

that nose is decidedly unkiked

Dear lord gtfo, the nordic have always attacked the western Europe population, now they are owning our culture as the niggers

Attached: IMG_20190823_145211.jpg (737x455, 91K)

You live in a country that has consistently elected traitors to Europe and is overrun with muslims. An objectively worse fate than jews as any Pontic Greek, or read of Spanish history will tell you.
I live in a region where 98% of the people in my area are white and a land mass larger than half of Europe. There are more real Germans here than in Germany.
Germany has a nigger muslim problem, and in one generation you won't exist.
Hell you can't even defend yourselves or own firearms.
The only real Germans left are in Switzerland.
I don't think you have room to talk buddy, you have a nigger muslim problem. Beware your trucks of peace.

>THREAD THEME
youtu.be/dxkvJ63AJXY

>THREAD THEME
youtu.be/dxkvJ63AJXY

>THREAD THEME
youtu.be/dxkvJ63AJXY

Attached: 15.jpg (1024x768, 113K)

I have a Calabrese friend that has the same nose and eye area, also the lips are pretty similair

The Mask of Agamemnon is a gold funeral mask discovered at the ancient Greek site of Mycenae. The mask, displayed in the National Archaeological Museum of Athens, has been described by Cathy Gere as the "Mona Lisa of prehistory".

German archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann, who discovered the artifact in 1876, believed that he had found the body of the Mycenaean king Agamemnon, leader of the Achaeans in Homer's epic of the Trojan War, the Iliad, but modern archaeological research suggests that the mask predates the period of the legendary Trojan War by about 300 years.

Attached: MaskOfAgamemnon.jpg (500x500, 77K)

There are a lot of mediterraneans with that profile

Attached: 472a0cb88f69669f2c3ffca23a7fdf2f.jpg (640x1136, 82K)

>Another surprise is that Turks contain more admix from Greeks than the reverse.
Turks are Greeks by DNA, of course this is true, by comparison to the vast Greek territories of Byzantium it was a very small number of Turks that conquered Constantinople in a moment of weakness. It's actually an example of one of the luckiest conquests in recorded history. It's very rare to see the numbers game bested.

They were meds so they probably looked like meds.
Not niggers, not blonde blue eyed aryans

The average greek would have look like this

Attached: bear_portrait_selfportrait_me_beard_cub_profile_lowkey-871021.jpg!d.jpg (1600x1337, 220K)

Attached: 1535728561788.jpg (264x191, 8K)

The Romans portrayed the Greek gods and heroes as overwhelmingly brown-eyed in their frescoes at Pompeii, even those who appeared to have blond hair.
Modern Greeks are clearly whiter and have a higher incidence of light eyes than their ancient counterparts, possibly due to substantial Slavic DNA introgression.

Attached: 177.jpg (720x687, 149K)

Attached: 174.jpg (720x696, 137K)

Roman fresco depicting Hercules

Attached: 161.jpg (720x655, 148K)

Damn look at that dudes dick

Are you retarded?

Caligula

Attached: D8Hu3l9W4AA6a78.jpg_large.jpg (1024x817, 100K)

Roman fresco depicting Greek gods

Attached: 135.jpg (720x582, 129K)

Caesar

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 68K)

They were either of the atlantic phenothype or atlanto-med phenotype as was much of southern europe and iberia.

That means, light brown to dark blonde hair, brown-green eyes (if they had more med blood) or blue eyes (if they had more atlantid blood).

If you want a more visual approach look at Jesus.

Roman fresco depicting Greek gods and heroes

Attached: 137.jpg (631x767, 143K)

Roman chick

Attached: captura_de_pantalla_2018-02-04_a_las_8.58.40_0.png (630x342, 243K)

A bit more darker than today's spaniards and greeks.

Hercules (Roman fresco)

Attached: 167.jpg (720x954, 212K)

Hey buddy I don't want to see you guys fall, but your situation is far worse than the US. You have no natural barriers to a renewed Islamist nigger invasion, a lack of religious unity, and a 5th column that will most certainly turn on you to help muslims invade.
There will be no Seige of Vienna repeat, you guys have abandoned the teligion that unified you and allowed the enemy in by the millions.
I unironically pray for Europe and Germany in particular.
But ypy aren't going to stop the enemy by arguing about whether your fellow European brothers are white if they have brown hair or eyes.

unironically like modern greeks pretty much.