Is it adequate or worse than nothing?

Attached: 220px-380_Auto_vs_9mm_Luger.jpg (220x134, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buckeyefirearms.org/node/7866
youtu.be/nycYxb-zNwc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whoops, meant for Jow Forums.

The .38 and the 9mm are basically the same thing.

>he doesn't use .22 so they die slowly
what a pleb.

You can easily take down with a .22 if you know what you’re doing and have good shot placement. Any caliber is better than one. Don’t let the fudds in Jow Forums tell you otherwise. My mother killed an armed intruder with a 22lr LCR Ruger. He had a 45. ACP and was a big mother fucker.

Attached: BD69D969-AD54-4DDE-9FBC-33BD6001B6C5.jpg (960x622, 82K)

*none not one

Ummm... no sweetie.

Inb4 10mm master race fags

Is that a Famas?

this, I'd rather have something a bit bigger than a .22, but I'd also rather have my 9mm I shoot very well with than my .357 I need to practice more on. practice failure to stop drills with the goal of being able to put a full magazine into the chest and head. I can do that in about ten seconds at 5 yards (average self defense distance). once you get proficient you should be able to do a single failure to stop in 2.5 seconds, two to the chest one in the head. practice is far more important than caliber or model of gun.

if you arent shooting .357 +P+ then you are not a man.

.45 acp vs 9mm ?

9mm or .40 S&W is the patrician choice desu.

Easily attainable in actual post habbening which will never come :/
Cheap. Good ballistics. I have put over 10k rounds through a Glock 22 (.40 Sw) and just recently shot the Glock 17 (9mm). I liked the 17 better.

Trips of truth. One well placed round of .22 LR is far more effective than four missed shots of .45 acp and one grazing an arm.

Ask yourself: would you want to be hit with it?

It's not the best but it's deadly nonetheless. People saying otherwise are stupid

no, this is a Famas.

That is an AR47.

Attached: 1564735618790.png (1080x417, 667K)

.380 ACP is the same diameter as the 9mm with shorter casing length, referred to as a baby 9mm. Similar ballistics at close range, both will pop a 1" diameter hole in a chest cavity with a good hollow point. They are great for concealability, and make a great backup gun (I use one). However I rely on my full size framed autos for my primary weapon of choice.

Do you practice with your gun regularly? If so you can do amazing things with small calibers. Do you want a gun just to look tough? Don't bring it places with you. You'll probably get disarmed by someone who knows how to throw a neck breaking punch.

If you guys aren't going to learn a little hand to hand combat, you shouldn't LARP about being a gun slinger either. (I bet you don't know that Wyatt Erp knocked out a lot of people by hitting them in the head with the butt of his revolver.)

Attached: muzzle-energy-of-various-firearm-cartridges.png (767x300, 25K)

yep, that is a truth, however one does not have to place a .45acp as well as they do a .22lr to get the desired effect.

in short, shoot what you are comfortable with, but please do not use a .22lr as self defense, that is just silly.

Attached: 06fqFOY.jpg (4032x2268, 2.39M)

>trips
Get out newfag.

Go with 9mm
Modern .380 rounds are much better than they used to be, but it's still a lower pressure cartridge that will not match the energy output of 9mm.
You can get +P .380 rounds but it's not really a cartridge that's meant to be over pressured.
At the end of the day, .380 is better than nothing, but given the choice I'd go with 9mm

Attached: 1459145776633.png (626x560, 777K)

9mm is cool, 38 is more 70’s lynard skinard

no that is an uzi, ive heard about them, very dangeous

Attached: ISLAND.png (1152x648, 9K)

According to some nigga it's a Glock

darn, i was told it was a famas.

at least it's not an arisaka.

Attached: 1559743253269.png (256x256, 90K)

I'm pretty sure more than half of Jow Forums browses Jow Forums.

Attached: 1559101350249.jpg (720x537, 48K)

Here comes another rich guy thread...

Disregard all the bullshit caliber warring and macho misrepresenting. The best caliber is the one you're able and accurate with, and allows for quick folliw up shots as necessary. If that's .380, so be it. If it's .454 Casull, so be it. If it's .22 LR, so fucking be it.

Anyone who's talking shit about .380 being a girl's round or inadequate and isn't also ready to stand in front of it to prove their point is bullshitting. Modern .380 defensive ammo is more than adequate for self defense. The biggest problem you'll find is that most pistols chambered in .380 are small, primarily single stack, and designed for concealment. It's not a duty pistol. You'll need to determine what's appropriate for you.

.380 is the same thing as 9mm short.

i have killed a full grown water buffalo (538kg) with a Winchester 9422, so it's safe to assume a .22 is capable of killing just about anything.

I'm hope you're talking about AUTO, not
>40 S&W, the defensive round of the white man

>posts in wrong form
> sweetie unironically

Neck yourself

A headshot with a .22 will scramble anything's brains

Attached: 1550836137655.png (218x136, 41K)

naw, memes today

Attached: 1563480576696.png (464x618, 245K)

Tell us about your beautiful country, what happens in Bhutan?

Attached: Warm milk before bed pepe.jpg (1428x1333, 451K)

This guy

Is an idiot

Kek'd

In general .380 is an effective defensive round. See pic related.

Attached: Ellifritz_Incapacitation.png (500x319, 32K)

Here is some food for thought...interesting study and kinda makes me want to get one of those Kel-Tec .22 mag pistols that hold 30 rounds, because the bottom line is that you are going to have to shoot them more than once with a pistol. Shotgun with 00 buck for the house is the ticket.
buckeyefirearms.org/node/7866

i agree with you for the most part but every once in a while you come across a razorback with skull that is too thick to drop at 35 paces

For a compact gun and short range, a .380 is fine with the right ammo, it will kill a nigger dead just as quick as a .9mm.

People always knock it, but it was never designed to be a full size pistol cartage. In a quick draw, panic situation, the low recoil will keep you on target easier with a light pistol.

9mm outperforms 45 acp in every possible scenario

UNLESS suppressed, then yes 45 all the way

There's a shortage of chairs

Attached: 1542213937069.jpg (809x700, 47K)

>worse than nothing
would you let me shoot you with it? A gun, is better than no gun. A .380 may lack the energy to expand as it penetrates a threat, but it still penetrates. So refer to the rule of "anything worth shooting once is worth shooting twice, anything worth shooting twice is worth shooting till it stops moving."

Personally I prefer .45ACP but its what I was trained to shoot originally.

Attached: large[1].jpg (625x352, 48K)

of course its better than nothing, just dont stop till the slide locks.

airsoft or two stamps?

.380 fires to an average pressure of 21,500 psi.
9mm fires at average of 35,000 psi and there are established SAAMI standards that allow it to go higher. .380 doesn't have those same standards.
If you already own a .380 then sure, feel free to use it. Certainly better than nothing and like I already stated, modern .380 loads are much better than they used to be. But if I were buying a new one today, and I had the choice I would go with 9mm. It's more common and available in stores, more choices of ammo for it, and it's more muzzle energy. All for a slight increase in case length which is negligible as far as a size/weight difference goes.
You can get single stack 9mm handguns that are near the same size as their .380 counterparts.

real with faux suppressor to hide uggo barrel.

my state is not super NFA friendly =/

Attached: 20190607_185919.jpg (4032x1908, 2.52M)

22lr was always the choice for mafia hits because it can be effectively silenced

>not getting into air rifles
>not enjoying a 1300FPS Gamo Bone Collector Bull Whisper IGT air rifle

>You can get single stack 9mm
Yes, but with compact pistols, recoil of 9mm becomes an issue for a lot of shooters. For those that don't practice a lot (they should but lets be real here) its a good option.

>air rifles
>not owning a Quackenbush
Pleb

Mossad used 22lr for this very reason.

>not enjoying an air rifle that fires a .257, .308, .357 or 45 Caliber bullet at over 1000 FPS legally

Ehh my LCP II is about half as thick as my G43 or my father in laws LC9. If deep deep deep concealment is your goal on body these micro .380s are where it’s at. But I live in GA so I just open carry full frames. Unless I’m going somewhere nice or out of state the. It’s the G43

Idk man, I have a CZ 83 that has a sharp recoil to it. Compared it to my bros G43, the glock shot much nicer. Of course the CZ has a markov type of action and the glock had a browning, might have had more to do with it.
You could always go with standard pressure loads in 9mm to tame it down a bit too. And obviously if you really wanted a tame pistol that's easy to shoot you'd want something with a full metal frame and heavy slide.

The G43 is where it's at, perfect all around pistol for daily carry.

at least you have real mags for it! My state is NFA friendly but we are limited to 10 rounds. Also I couldnt buy that SVD because its an "AK type" rifle but I can buy AKM pistols.

Can we make this a stupid gun law thread?
>No ARs unless its an HBAR.
So you get an HBAR with fluting
>Colt M-4 banned by name
Other brands are okay because they dont accept Colt fire control group....which is an NFA item and legal in this state
>No .50cal, No sawed offs
because its too accurate. Also sawed off too inaccurate

Anyone not using a musket is a faggot

Prove me wrong

look at Black Hills Honeybadger if you are looking for a .380 that can penetrate thick clothing AND do hydrostatic damage

My mom is small and getting up there in age, and never owned a firearm before. I got her an LCP II for Christmas and it's perfect for her. I think a 9mm would have been a little too much but .380 does wonderfully.

9mm has a locking breach.

Attached: 1538584571664.jpg (645x729, 57K)

That's what many felons (can't have firearms) in the US keep around because it is black powder and technically not considered a firearm.

I mean, there are 9mm blowbacks and even gas piston 9mms

so what does this mean?

I prefer a .357 magnum revolver for home defense. I have a pair of twins in my night stand fitted with speed loaders.

Attached: treefity.jpg (1024x569, 85K)

But, user, I do.

then you are one of the only decent people in the thread

I have a daisy red ryder bb gun

Jow Forums may have better answers

Also it is adequate if you can get multiple shots off. Key word *If you can get multiple shots off*

shut up, pussy
.500 S&W in a 2" barrel or gtfo

more than half of this thread is Jow Forums

Attached: 1519369887676.jpg (1684x1191, 201K)

I find this hard to believe. Is .380 less effective than 9mm enough to make a difference? Maybe not. Is .380 more effective than 9mm? Hell no.

yes, all true
But the best gun to carry is the one your willing to strap on daily and take to the range to practice with weekly
I carry a.380 Sig often in favor of my Smith and Wesson .40 because its moor comfortable to carry concealed

9mm has less recoil so more people can get follow ups more quickly

most (like +90%) civilian involved shootings occur within 20 feet of the intended target. If you shoot someone in the face with anything they will stop attacking you.

There are probably millions of dead people in Eastern Europe that would probably tell you how effective the 380 is, if they could talk.

380 isn't bad for what it does at all. The only reason everybody prefers 9mm these days is because there are a large amount of pocket guns chambered in it now, and it is indeed the more powerful cartridge, but it comes at the cost of more recoil. 380 will kill fine enough with good shot placement, and that's all that matters.

I have been looking at these. I know very little about them. Are they semi-auto or breach load or what? Where/how do you fill them up?

depends on the round. big argument against .380 is lack of penetration
there are 3-4 cartridges that are very good
maybe more look at ballistics tests

yup

shut up pussy. TC contender in 45-70 or gtfo

they look like dick and balls lol

Honestly, the way to answer this question isn't effectiveness. It's popular enough for a reason, it works. The real question is why would you use it. Form factor is the main reason. If you're not looking for a pocket pistol or something to conceal easier, then why take 380 over 9mm. I can tell you that 380 is way better than 32 ACP, and the form factor difference between 32 and 380 pistols isn't enough to justify using 32.

It's ok.
> youtu.be/nycYxb-zNwc

>9mm

no.

Attached: 13621371_10153608307111960_2098744008_o.jpg (1600x1200, 463K)

de-bullpup'd FAMAS arnt that bad looking.

Attached: m210_33.jpg (750x471, 53K)

The gun I bought is the right gun. Because that was the gun I bought.
The best caliber for any situation is the caliber of my gun.
Because it is the caliber of my gun that I bought and that gun is the right gun.
Ammunition I use is the only ammunition I will ever use because that is the ammunition I bought for my gun that has the best caliber because the caliber use the ammunition made for my gun I bought because the gun I bought is the right gun.
May God have mercy on you who failed to buy my gun I bought.
Because that was the right gun I bought.

Sling (stone, ~225g at 50m/s) -> 206 lbft

I prefer .308 desu.

I carry .380 when I drive down MLKJ blvd
It’s auto

NIKON

Get a 357 magnum. They can fire they much cheaper .38 rounds for planking or range practice. The 357 has much more stopping power than a nine mm.

I daily carry a 5 shot .22LR pistol. .380 is good yo.

Well for my conceal I use a glock chambered in .380 with hollow points and I can hide that thing anywhere and its ridiculously light. For my vehicle I keep a 45 mag bond arms derringer in case someone runs up on me. And then for my house I have several 9mm and a 357 mag

I carry a can of bush's baked beans to chug quickly if attacked, then I'll fart mightily and escape while the attackers gasp and choke in my cloud of gas

Best post

The oft cited first rule of a gunfight: have a gun.

The corollary: pistols are used for fighting your way to a rifle.

Where it's hot as balls and clothing is often light, a .380 with modern/reliably feedable ammo is perfectly fine for a pocket pistol. Keep a .40 or .45 locked in the car glovebox.

bro if I make it to the car, I'm getting the M4gery

Get it in lehigh defense penetrators and its just fine. Like 18 inches of penetration.

RIP your ears
Press F