Redpill me on coding

I'm sick of teaching English. It pays low and people mock me. What do you think of coding /pol ? Are software nerds the new cool kids ?

And how do people start ? Does watching Youtube videos work for newbies ?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-28 Why Scala is always better than Node js - YouTube.png (794x545, 402K)

Hardest part is getting your foot in the door, if you don't have a connection or some other bullshit "in" then you're competing against a whole shitload of people and need to work really hard to stand out

To get your first job, that is. Once you have some actual experience you're pretty much set

If you haven't been naturally coding, don't do it.

I have a much higher coding interest than you and even I couldn't handle it as more than a hobby.

If you're not a basedboy, they will not hire you.

Just choose a different Asian language. Too many code monkeys now that India is open.

P.s. OP is a faggot who will be mocked anywhere in any language robot or meatbag

I'm the same boat. I majored in history and have worked shit insurance jobs and see the writing on the wall. Was able to get into a dept at my job that will at least have the title. Trying to learn excel and SQL for data analytics as my in. Don't have much good news for you. It's pretty discouraging. Just had some 20 yo interns come through knowing multiple languages and my ass it getting over paid to do secretary work waiting to get chopped. Dunno how'd you break in without an in.

I've done some coding projects on my own and I just can't handle all the troubleshooting. Which is funny because I literally fix industrial machines for a living which is almost nothing but troubleshooting.

Coding isn't for everyone. When the robots get too good that they don't need me to fix them I'll probably go into sales. Everyone has a different natural talent stack.

Here are a few things about coding that I know:

Learning to code is really, really easy. It's like learning to draw or paint, anyone can pick up a brush and put some marks on a piece of paper. But being a good coder is something you're born with, not because it takes a great deal of intelligence, but because it's something that needs to interest you. If you don't like solving stupid elusive problems all day, implementing tiny features that no one notices but you, and drinking at least 700 milligrams of caffeine per day, then maybe coding isn't for you.

Second, the coding industry has some of the most horrible trendsters you'll ever meet. It doesn't matter how much of your time Docker wastes, or how silly and wasteful things like SOA are, or how many engineering principles React breaks. If something is hip and trendy, you better learn that technology or be left out, even if the technology uses ideas from the 80s that we've already dismissed as stupid.

Coursera, codeacademy. There's a free Stanford class on machine learning that's pretty great.

This. It's very hard to materially quantify coding skill (did I fix a lot of issues because I worked hard or because I sniped the easy ones off the todo list? Are these hundreds of lines of code added a sign of good work, or a sign that I spewed crap that someone else is going to have to clean up from the codebase?). So the American industry mostly goes by social skills and appearance. Look like a weedy white/asian nerd? Hired.

Pic related is Andrew Auernheimer/weev. Famous hacker in high demand from the silicon valley press, been to jail a time or two, so you'd think he's got skillz, right? Nope, he struggles to write anything more complicated than 'hello world'. That big AT&T hack? 'Social engineering', which is script-kiddie speak for 'schmoozing'. Did he social engineer his way into AT&T's database? Haha, no, that would require the Daily Stormer's tech expert have SOME sort of skill. He 'social engineered' the cracker who found the vuln and wrote the script into letting him take credit for the hack.

Attached: (JPEG Image, 275 × 183 pixels).jpg (275x183, 6K)

is there even money to be made on this shit anymore? seems like every pajeeet and his 12 cousins learned to code and the market is saturated as fuck now with 3rd worlders willing to work for peanuts. theres coders out there wroking for like $12/hr, you can make that shit driving for uber or stocking boxes at shartmart

This. Commodotized.

Attached: maxheadroom.png (981x223, 38K)

yes but it's all in cybersecurity, too essential and protected to outsource

t. I work in cybersecurity and most of my coworkers are white

I was teaching English but China deported my ass. I don't want to code though, and I'm not sure what else to do.

>Second, the coding industry has some of the most horrible trendsters you'll ever meet. It doesn't matter how much of your time Docker wastes, or how silly and wasteful things like SOA are, or how many engineering principles React breaks. If something is hip and trendy, you better learn that technology or be left out, even if the technology uses ideas from the 80s that we've already dismissed as stupid.
This is truth. Also be prepared to spend half your time doing stupid cult meeting bullshit like Agile. If you love crippling depression go into a software career.

did you like your life there? Just curious.

>doing stupid cult meeting bullshit like Agile.
Ohh god I forgot this part, yes. Every few years a new programming "methodology" comes along and everyone jumps on it like it will solve all the worlds problems in one step.

Do you guys want to know the worst part? I would take a team of pajeets and asians any day over a team of hipster whites who keep up with the latest trends.

Here the natural progression of an English teacher is to be a headhunter.
You'd be cold calling people who usually yell at you.

If you don't enjoy coding then don't fucking do it. You'll burn out and hate yourself even if you land a comfy high paying gig.

For someone who likes tinkering / fixing things I would unironically recommend being an auto mechanic or elevator repair tech or something like that over software. Mechanic labor is $100 an hour, can't be outsourced, and you don't have to have five meetings about what fucking wrench you are going to use before you do the work.

Where's square one with cybersecurity to start learning?

Attached: tumblr_inline_p8q0hwxIic1vbquiq_1280.jpg (934x1280, 206K)

>boohoo japs don't accept me as one of their own
You know you can watch your foreign children's cartoons anywhere in the world lmao

Hi Techlead, exwife still doesnt let you see her son?

Hacker's Handbook
If you can understand, exploit, and therefore secure against the OWASP top 10 you're already miles ahead of other people.
you do need regular coding experience too, but just so you can more effectively break other people's stuff.

>Mechanic labor is $100 an hour
Agreed. I like architecture, so one of my dreams has been to start a company that builds timber framed homes using classic joinery techniques. Any kind of niche expertise like this is valuable, because rich people need custom homes and functioning automobiles.