Hospital CEO Calls Guns a ‘Disease’ that Needs to be Eradicated with ‘Aggressive’ Action

>gunsamerica.com/digest/ceo-hospital-guns-disease-eradicated-aggressive-action/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20190830_FridayDigest_241&utm_campaign=/digest/ceo-hospital-guns-disease-eradicated-aggressive-action/

Michael Dowling is taking a stand against guns. Calling firearms a “disease” that “we’ve ignored for far too long,” the healthcare executive is urging fellow doctors and hospital administrators to take “aggressive” action against this “public health crisis.”

Dowling is the president and CEO of Northwell Health, New York State’s largest health care provider and employer. He first published his stance in a blog post on Northwell Health’s website, and later took out a full-page ad in the New York Times’ national edition, according to HealthLeaders.

“Gun violence is clearly a public health crisis that we’ve ignored for far too long,” he says. “As health care providers, we have an obligation to preserve and protect life. We have a rich and proud history of responding aggressively and successfully to past public health crises.”

Leaders, Dowling says, should be willing to speak up about issues affecting their community—no matter the criticism they receive.

Attached: (((Irish))).jpg (1000x600, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/05/03/476636183/death-certificates-undercount-toll-of-medical-errors
cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cont:
“To me, it’s an obligation of people who are in leadership positions to take some action, speak out, and prepare their organizations to address this as a public health issue,” he told HealthLeaders.

Dowling’s multi-step plan calls for many of the same gun control schemes being proposed by 2020 Democratic candidates, including,

Pressuring elected officials who “fail to support sensible gun legislation.”
Investing in mental health without stigmatizing.
Banning sales of firearms to people at risk of harming themselves or others.
Banning sale of firearms “that serve no other purpose than to inflict mass casualties.”
Supporting national red flag laws.
Supporting universal background checks.

As justification for universal background checks, Dowling likens gun sellers to doctors. He argues that in the same way that doctors shouldn’t prescribe medication to people without knowing their medical history, gun sellers shouldn’t sell guns to people who haven’t passed a background check.

“If there was a disease that was killing as many people as guns in this country, we would be mobilizing a national response effort,” he continues. “It’s inexcusable for us to remain silent.”

cont:
Dowling isn’t the first doctor to come out against gun rights. The American Medical Association dubbed “gun violence” a public health emergency back in 2016, and issued a statement demanding “action” after the most recent murders.

But doctors aren’t united on this issue. Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership has pushed back against the anti-gun bias in the medical community and taken issue with the move to equate gun-related violence with disease.

“Organized medicine’s decades-long campaign to have firearm-related fatalities considered as a public health rather than a criminal justice issue is not evidence-based,” Dr. Jane Orient wrote back in 2013. “Its reliance on weak, even tainted evidence and spurious reasoning, and its attempts to suppress or discredit contrary evidence, is consistent with a political agenda of incremental civilian disarmament.”

by that same logic
blacks, drugs, and poverty are a ‘Disease’ that Needs to be Eradicated with ‘Aggressive’ Action

Attached: 4c53cc08_facb_e00b.jpg (500x650, 81K)

Attached: 1361235442895.jpg (960x960, 136K)

Attached: 1357872198292.png (1158x785, 2.03M)

So?

Come and fucking get them
YOURSELF

I'm pro-gun and have a nice little arsenal. Any and all (((gun laws))) are an infringement on our GOD GIVEN RIGHTS as per the 2A which is sacred to me. If they come for our guns I will fight.

Attached: 1341900828681.jpg (592x2540, 551K)

Attached: 1362348038381.jpg (1029x4529, 1.45M)

That nose.

Attached: 1356479555647.jpg (452x417, 32K)

O
Y

Newfag here and trying to understand the terms. What is a glowie? And can I stick my penis inside it?

We don't need to get rid of all guns, just the ones that form sentience and shoot people on their own without any human involvement.

Attached: 1566904443822.jpg (798x587, 60K)

My intuition never fails me.

>Dowling has received the 2012 B'nai B'rith National Healthcare Award

>B'nai B'rith International (/bəˌneJ ˈbrJθ/, from Hebrew: בְּנֵי בְּרִית b'né brit, "Children of the Covenant") is the oldest Jewish service organization in the world. B'nai B'rith states that it is committed to the security and continuity of the Jewish people and the State of Israel and combating anti-Semitism and bigotry

Car violence is out of control and literally burning the Amazon. Ban all cars now!

V
E
Y

>kikes ree about freedom
well yea

The tree of liberty must be occasionally watered with the blood of Patriots and tyrants.

Attached: 1562876042783.png (499x641, 299K)

yet another useful idiot, following orders
yawn...

Excellent research!

Of course it's the 7 for quints.

Jew is pissed that nobody is paying him for patching up perforated nigs. He loves when white people with health insurance get cancer, he makes a fortune off of them.

I left a comment on the gunsamerica article, awaiting moderation. I pointed out that all anti-gun legislation since 1968 has been written or sponsored by Jews. I'm sure the boomer fudd cucks won't publish it.
Kosher boomers need to die off.

Ice cold take

Shut the fuck up, lurk more,and yes.

>‘Disease’ that Needs to be Eradicated with ‘Aggressive’ Action
I can name a certain international race of people

We really need to start locking up the mentally ill.

>Let's redefine disease, goy.

He isn't even a doctor

>Some faggot from Jew York hates guns.

Imagine my shock.

Attached: Gun control.png (1179x718, 37K)

surely then his first order of business will be to call on the NYPD to stop acting as overpaid tour guides and start patrolling dangerous neighborhoods?

>“If there was a disease that was killing as many people as guns in this country, we would be mobilizing a national response effort,” he continues. “It’s inexcusable for us to remain silent.”

He's got to be fucking trolling

What a dumbass.

If he was smart he'd want gunshot wounds in his hospital. EZ money.

Attached: 1567123518971.jpg (3307x3937, 1.9M)

These people, and I use the term loosely, are actually that retarded.

>“If there was a disease that was killing as many people as guns in this country, we would be mobilizing a national response effort,” he continues.
>what is the flu
>what is a half dozen kinds of cancer
>what is diabetes
>what is obesity
>what is depression
>what is drug abuse
>what is medical malpractice

Nose aberration detected.

Attached: 88.jpg (582x350, 110K)

Look at that nose.

I hope someone kills him with a high capacity assault spoon.

Im real tired of these faggot doctors giving us worthless opinions no one asked them for, do your job and shut your mouth, you are a doctor not a totalitarian health enforcer, take your prevention and shove it, no one wants it, except maybe preventing this fag from getting involved in the freedoms we are "allowed" to have

Witnessed.

Oy vey!

Attached: 1567180667794.png (742x652, 479K)

Niiiiice

>American Jewish Committee
>B'nai B'rith National Healthcare Award
Just a coincidence.

Hospitals kill more people than guns. Gaslighting

Kek!
Somebody should send this pic to the fag who wrote the article.

And they expect us to think universal healthcare wont be backdoor gun control?

Trying to deny a God given right is treason. You have been put on notice.

>Gun violence is clearly a public health crisis

polio was a rampant health crisis. The black plague was a health crisis. Guns are not a health crisis, you stupid old nigger boomer old fuck

Read my posts before you talk shit to me.

Incompetent doctors literally kill 100,000 Americans a year.

>Calling firearms a “disease” that “we’ve ignored for far too long,”
guise he meant diabetes, not firearms; honest mistake I'm sure we'll get a correction soon

Attached: 1462932342810.png (991x554, 77K)

(((Hospital CEO)))

You know he's not genuinely convinced gun control would have a big effect, because if it did it would just serve to lower the number of patients=his profit margins would go down.

Jewish?

>Michael Dowling
Dowling has received the 2012 B'nai B'rith National Healthcare Award, the 2011 Gail L. Warden Leadership Excellence Award from the National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL),[1] the 2011 CEO Information Technology Award from Modern Healthcare magazine and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, the National Human Relations Award from the American Jewish Committee,the Ellis Island Medal of Honor,[2] the Distinguished Public Service Award from the State University of New York’s Nelson A. Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, an Outstanding Public Service Award from the Mental Health Association of New York State, an Outstanding Public Service Award from the Mental Health Association of Nassau County, the Alfred E. Smith Award from the American Society for Public Administration and the Gold Medal from the American Irish Historical Society.

There's a typo here. His name is actually spelled (((Dowling))).

Attached: hysjuqc5cpd11.jpg (736x1012, 57K)

Good catch

>He argues that in the same way that doctors shouldn’t prescribe medication to people without knowing their medical history, gun sellers shouldn’t sell guns to people who haven’t passed a background check.
So he supports opening up the NICS database to non-FFLs? Every gun owner should be behind that.
>oh, wait

>Every gun owner should be behind that.
NICS shouldn't exist you gun grabbing commie.

No rational human being supports a system that wrongfully denies people three orders of magnitude more often than it catches criminals.

Oy vey look at that schnozz

PoCs have a different culture. Stop trying to colonize them.

Hey Doctor PopTV Dallas affiliate, thanks for the opioid crisis.

Attached: gunnumbers.jpg (2762x1802, 2.09M)

Gunshot wounds are very painful, the only way to ease the suffering of my patients is to prescribe heavy doses of Oxycontin.

I work with health care executives - the majority of them are fucking retarded. There's a reason the entire industry is so inefficient.

Attached: Murder Rate Per Capita.png (2821x1902, 483K)

and arrogant

Attached: Suicide Rate Per Capita.jpg (1454x1880, 616K)

eh, some - doctors are generally way more arrogant than admin

Attached: Guns State Rate.png (1987x920, 631K)

Guns are the medicine that kills societal cancer.

Attached: 1548858367077.gif (676x509, 94K)

There's a posse of Harvard trained ass clown doctors trying to overturn the Dickey Amendment. They will fail and lash out. Be ready. Bez sez.

Attached: article-0-028368790000044D-625_306x500.jpg (306x500, 23K)

>actual disease calls guns a disease
News at 11

Attached: ass raper 15.png (1431x262, 82K)

Attached: fbi table 43a.jpg (1877x1913, 752K)

>nose
Right?

Since medical errors kills 30X as many people as guns, we need to eradicate income meptent dctors with aggressive action.

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/05/03/476636183/death-certificates-undercount-toll-of-medical-errors

>“If there was a disease that was killing as many people as guns in this country, we would be mobilizing a national response effort,” he continues. “It’s inexcusable for us to remain silent.”
You mean like the huge number of malpractice fatalities every year. Dumb ass mother fucker is going after guns when his own industry is worse. How in the fuck do morons like this end up as the head of anything. It's certainly not competence.

Heath care providers are the real public health crisis.

Attached: healthcaredeaths.jpg (636x494, 47K)

>intuition
jfc user if you didn't look at that fucking nose and immediately know what was going on here then I don't know what to say to you

Doctors kill waaaaay more people than guns. Especially if we were to include the senseless dispensing of opioids which has also led to countless crimes.

Attached: medical-malpractice-death-statistics-teaser.jpg (700x500, 78K)

>cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.

Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.

MFW

American healthcare system is a gigantic mechanism for saddling people with non-dischargeable debt and endless addiction. Besides the fact that most doctors know approximately fuck-all about their profession, they're also draining the middle class economically and all for the benefit of a class of legal drug pushers.

I'll take gun banter from a lot of people, some dickhead healthcare CEO is NOT one of them.

Attached: 1565214822358.gif (400x259, 1.96M)

B’nai brith man... jew masonry. ADL, created to aid a murdering jew, is bnai brith

Guys, concerning the left attempt to take guns, I’m beginning see the plan they have. Because of the bill of rights the neoliberal/neocon world order are pushing their Orwellian shit thru private means with their monopolies. Just as they created a chilling effect with free speech, and are now even going directly against it now, they will use private industry to attack gun owners.

Insurance companies will make cost of gun ownership astronomical, and they will do this while pushing anti gun propaganda in Hollywood/msm while slowly chipping away 2a locally and federally with their nonprofits and NGOs

Same with the first amendment. Multipronged attack. Propaganda to brainwash and powerfully funded interest groups redefining and altering law while private companies curate info or outright censor it.

Lads it’s getting heavy af. Fight it with all your might. Thank God for our constitution and bill of rights otherwise the government like European ones would have taken it all away already

I think you're right.

>NICS shouldn't exist you gun grabbing commie.
I'm good with no NICS as well. Just that if it exists and the left is always bitching about universal background checks, this is a great way to pimpslap them with something easy, effective and smart that they will never support.

>
“If there was a disease that was killing as many people as guns in this country, we would be mobilizing a national response effort,” he continues. “It’s inexcusable for us to remain silent.”

Forget heart disease, stroke, cancer, and others, the biggest killers in America, why would we attack what makes us all this money!. Let’s chase the tiny numbers and jump on the constitution murdering bandwagon

Yeah bro. America is a lot trickier for the cabal fucks. Their plan of multilayered attacks and using the private sector and local and state level politics has been quite effective.

They have even destroyed the questioning spirit the lefties used to have by deluding them and tying them up in tranny idpol.

Their plans are in some kind of mature phase. They will continue the federal and state wide bans/restrictions while they brainwash newer generations and use their transnational monopolies to control the flow and amount of info and weed out opposition groups through lawsuits, policy, ostricization etc...

It’s bad guys, but if we could up our resistance just 60 to 70 percent greater we could effect the cultural landscape in a potential greater way than the globopedo fucks. Truth is on our side and it still holds its righteous powet

You should replace that 2 year old image with this more recent updated one.

Attached: Right_to_Carry_timeline.gif (676x509, 98K)

Such as banks refusing to allow transactions for gun purchases.

>call guns a disease
>take “aggressive action” that would start a Second Civil War overnight if enacted
>guns flood into the country even faster as Russia and China stoke the fire
>hospitals are overflowing with even more gunshot patients than ever
>???
>Profit!

At least this guy knows how to make money. Medicine is the biggest part of the economy that will boom in a civil war right after weapons

Guns is code for jews, right?

Reminder to archive links or at least remove/fuck with UTM links.

Thanks

The real disease is the outrageous prices hospitals charge for their services.