/etm/ - EARTH TO MARS

/etm/ is a general on Jow Forums to discuss everything space related (with a concentration on Mars).

Attached: MA4.jpg (1200x1855, 652K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spacenews.com/spacex-revamps-smallsat-rideshare-program/
google.com/mars/#lat=11.350796&lon=-176.215820&zoom=4&q=elysium planitia
youtu.be/kmFOBoy2MZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=GQ98hGUe6FM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5Q3EBQ1tc
youtube.com/watch?v=G9KQfnqukno
youtube.com/watch?v=QCz3rzA18hA
youtube.com/watch?v=_50N5QoQoc4
youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA&t
youtube.com/watch?v=H7Uyfqi_TE8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=8rYqXE51q24
youtube.com/watch?v=kmFOBoy2MZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=S0dqd72ALkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EcFsOF-ULL8
youtube.com/watch?v=KUYeiXJIXrM
youtube.com/watch?v=Xq92ZC5cYoM
uahirise.org/results.php?keyword=spacex&order=release_date&submit=Search
twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1166860032052539392
twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1166856662336102401
phys.org/news/2017-03-nasa-magnetic-shield-mars-atmosphere.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WjNssEVlB6M
youtube.com/watch?v=T6v47CmRA7A
youtube.com/watch?v=zqE-ultsWt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/ETM/ is normally posted every saturday between 8pm to 10pm UK time.

>some news
SpaceX revamps smallsat rideshare program
spacenews.com/spacex-revamps-smallsat-rideshare-program/

Attached: 1536522970799.jpg (2160x1050, 618K)

what's the point it's just going to fill up with jews and niggers

>Recommended Reading
The Case For Mars, Robert Zubrin.
The High Frontier by Gerard O'Neill.
Colonies in Space, by T. A. Heppenheimer.
Rocket Propulsion Elements, Sutton.
Aerothermodynamics of Gas Turbine and Rocket Propulsion, Gordon Coates.
Space Mission Engineering, the new SMAD, Wiley, ed.
Fundamentals of Astrodynamics, Bates, etc.
International Reference Guide to Space Launch Systems, Steve Isakowitz.
Mining the Sky, John Lewis.
Rain of Iron and Ice, John Lewis.
We Seven: By the Astronauts Themselves.
Voices from the Moon, Andrew Chaikin.
The Millennial Project, Marshall Savage.
Modern Engineering for Design of Liquid Propellant Rocket Engines, David H. Huang.
Mars trilogy, Kim Robinson
The Martian Way, Isaac Asimov
Foundation Trilogy, Isaac Asimov
The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, Heinlein

Attached: MA13.jpg (1575x2242, 1.43M)

>niggers

a common misconception that is brought up here a lot.
travel to Mars will be for, for a very long time, far too expensive for literally 90%+ of all blacks.
with that said, obviously Mars is going to have a mix of different people living there which is why it is important that we few redpilled europeans are there also to carry on the struggle.

>it is important that we few redpilled europeans are there also to carry on the struggle.

This. Our future is out there and no matter what happens to our homelands here we must secure our future beyond earth as a backup plan.

Good to have you back btw, it's been a couple of weeks

thanks
yeah I was back last week but before that I was busy.

bumping with comfy pics

Attached: spacec2.jpg (600x474, 88K)

Attached: spacec1.jpg (600x405, 133K)

Attached: spacec6.jpg (600x473, 141K)

Love seeing my reading list still going strong.
Anyone have any technical or economic questions?

Have a bump

No but feel free to post some stuff, it might get a conversation going

it's a good list m8
also, this

This right here's my girl on Mars. Elysium Planitia.
Equatorial. Estimated to have the equivalent of the North Sea, frozen and under a protective layer of regolith, approximately 10-30 meters thick. Melt, use. Stable surface for landings and can be melted into for buried installations, just heat and drop a module down.
>everyone ignores my girl

Attached: Pack-ice_on_Mars_large.jpg (625x478, 101K)

>Elysium Planitia.

i just looked on a map and i can't see it. i may be blind

>Satanic trips
Globetards and space sodomites confirmed agents of Lucifer

Attached: D61zUeSU0AAx0J9.jpg (984x1024, 158K)

google.com/mars/#lat=11.350796&lon=-176.215820&zoom=4&q=elysium planitia
>she's quiet and inoffensive
>but almost perfectly flat
>literally pack ice

Nice idea, let me look into it later.

Attached: SpaceX+landing.jpg (1000x568, 78K)

Musk's going to miss the opportunity. The thing is that different projects/bases have different requirements.
McMurdo is probably the best comparison — it is entirely a logistics base so it's located on a decent harbor on Ross Island, not on Antarctica itself. From there, materiel and people are transported to research stations and bases in more interesting locations.
So, in that context, a location that has ready water and easy landings might make sense for FuelStop, Inc. but not for Cloned Catgirl City. It really depends on who is doing what.

Whatcha upto mr elon satanic ai musk?

Stop worshiping CGI pictures, goy.

Attached: math.jpg (954x661, 71K)

kys

Attached: cgi.jpg (800x3784, 402K)

>Musk's going to miss the opportunity
Why? What stops SpaceX from going there as well (if it's really a good site)?

youtu.be/kmFOBoy2MZ8
Recommended info channel, starting with the most relevant video

Titan is a much better colonization target then Mars, although Mars is a good short term destination.

is anybody seriously working on the actual colony stuff that will be ready for the first unmanned starship launches in 2 years. all i hear about are the rockets

i'm pretty sure SpaceX are still on schedule

heres a full list of comfy videos

>Jeff Bezos: Going to Space to Benefit Earth
youtube.com/watch?v=GQ98hGUe6FM
don't want to watch the whole event ? here's a quick rundown on what Jeff said
youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5Q3EBQ1tc

>WE GO TOGETHER
youtube.com/watch?v=G9KQfnqukno

>NEW BFR Overview
youtube.com/watch?v=QCz3rzA18hA

>Educational Doc on Terraforming Mars:
youtube.com/watch?v=_50N5QoQoc4

>Space X Interplanetary Transport System:
youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA&t

>"Making Life Interplanetary" by Elon Musk:
youtube.com/watch?v=H7Uyfqi_TE8&t

>3 Companies Developing Game Changing Technologies
youtube.com/watch?v=8rYqXE51q24

>Isaac Arthur - "Outward Bound - Colonising Mars"
youtube.com/watch?v=kmFOBoy2MZ8

>Isaac Arthur - Mars: From science fiction, to science fact
youtube.com/watch?v=S0dqd72ALkQ

>Challenges of Colonizing Mars!
youtube.com/watch?v=EcFsOF-ULL8

Flattards are FEDS.

yeah for the rockets but they’ve said they expect other organizations to do the work designing the actual buildings and such

I guess. Interested? What would you (like to) contribute?

The question is legit. He's asking about the payload that's doing stuff on Mars, SpaceX is just the transport.

Elysium is somehow almost unknown outside the planetary geology community. It's a frickin' sea just waiting to be developed. I think it will be missed because there's a lot of emphasis on the archaic boreal sea in the north, Valles Marineris and other locations.
Like a lot of exploration scenarios, many people aren't taking lessons from the past on this, including Mr. Musk.

>other organizations to do the work designing the actual buildings and such
>the payload that's doing stuff on Mars,

I think NASA might be doing all of that stuff in collaboration with SpaceX
im not sure..

So are people like Elon.
Ask yourself: If there are pictures of black triangles in orbit, why the hell are we still using rockets?
It's a fucking scam.
Trump even joked about the usage of rockets at the National Space Council space force announcement speech.

nasa is too busy being proud of yet another lame rover. they cant be relied upon to push the envelope on anything.
what do you mean.

youtube.com/watch?v=KUYeiXJIXrM
>If you beat us to Mars...
>They do like rockets for some reason, eh?

>I think NASA might be doing all of that stuff in collaboration with SpaceX
No, NASA can't afford to build a Mars base and doesn't have permission to do it. SpaceX is relying on other, new, organizations to step up on things like habitation, surface power, volatiles processing.
>If there are pictures of black triangles in orbit, why the hell are we still using rockets?
There's a million operational reasons, even if the black triangles exist. There's a reason we don't get our own personal F-15s for flying around.

Soon

Attached: Redpilled Earth.png (740x416, 260K)

>There's a reason we don't get our own personal F-15s for flying around.
This is mostly due to cost. Plenty of people operate old fighters.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xq92ZC5cYoM
Regardless, we're not going to use rockets to get to Mars with a return trip.
It isn't feasible, and utterly pointless considering the "aliens" aren't using them to get here.

thats the dream

Attached: mars1.jpg (1024x576, 37K)

I believe NASA and the U.S. Government/globobhomo very likely has much more advanced technology then they show us, but I don't think the earth is a flat disc under a dome.

It'd take hundreds of years, if not thousands.

Cool hi ETM! is agartha stuff okay here? :-D. It kinda can be Earth, from Space...

Attached: 1566730718642.png (999x922, 1.38M)

>planetary geology community
But SpaceX consults with them. Why do you think Elysium is missed? Is it even that rare within the community?

NASA is sending a water detection experiment. Perhaps some other smallish stuff. Other than that they're focusing on the Moon.

I meant, what would you send now or the near future? (And would you be able and willing to work on that?)

I can't wait until we find out that there was never a rover on Mars because Mars was nuked so hard that unprotected electronics can't operate there.

What do you guys think is the best way to get into a proper career with something to do with space? I want to work towards establishing a white ethnostate on mars

>t. accounting and finance graduate

Attached: 1566214041989.jpg (1280x1280, 331K)

be born 200 years in the future

>to get into a proper career with something to do with space? I want to work towards establishing a white ethnostate on mars

you could just make sure you have enough money to move your family their eventually

Just fuck my shit up senpai

Attached: 1565644646953.jpg (1024x999, 61K)

Look into new space companies. In the beginning it doesn't really matter whether it's just satellites, launchers, suppliers, just get experience and a feel for the industry and be very curious and open-minded. With that, you know what you're looking for and can join those who do the real stuff.
Put focus on risk management, proper financial planning that suits the circumstances of startups and new products in emerging markets, perhaps fiscal matters (taxes and subsidies) and jurisdiction optimization.

everybody who refers to themselves as redpilled is usually fucking retarded

>This is mostly due to cost.
My exact point. The black triangles might be single airframes or so expensive they could never be used for bulk cargo.
>Why do you think Elysium is missed?
Elysium is like my McMurdo example - it's probably pretty boring by itself. It's also the ideal spot for a water mine.
>I meant, what would you send now or the near future?
I'd send a series of impactor sensors to better characterize the subsurface of these sites. Follow up with humans in a Mars orbit to drive some robots, then people on the surface.
>>t. accounting and finance graduate
Get in with one of the companies doing it. Since you're a bong, maybe apply at Surrey or another UK company. Ain't no bucks, ain't no Buck Rogers.

fuck off then

Attached: 1551297623809.jpg (1024x615, 202K)

no u

>maybe apply at Surrey
Holy shit I live in Surrey, better not get my hopes up though. Maybe I'll tell them I'm Jewish, surely they'll hire me then

>It's also the ideal spot for a water mine.
There are several sites that are a good balance between warm temperature (toward equator) and access to ice/water (toward poles). In relation to those sites, Elysium looks a bit remote. It requires some way of transportation then and I speculate that the logistic to build and operate that isn't there for quite some time.

More importantly: Space is the most lethal environment imaginable. Sure, there will be idiots who go to space for short trips, babysat to go on tourist trips to orbit or even the lunar surface, but they're going to require everything to be done for them to ensure they don't die of something stupid like a seal around their boot leaking into vacuum.
For long-term expeditions and colonies, that level of babysitting is not possible. Anyone too careless or too stupid to keep themselves alive will die of preventable accidents.

Attached: 1564629568939.jpg (938x1600, 113K)

Don't have to.

Attached: Starhopper 150m.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Elysium is 3° North, it's on the equator. That's the point. Not all of Mars' ice is at the poles. Elysium, Marineris, Hellas and other areas have polar glaciers, you can tell by the polygonal terrain.

>For long-term expeditions and colonies, that level of babysitting is not possible. Anyone too careless or too stupid to keep themselves alive will die of preventable accidents.

this

Yes, I got it. But I was questioning its utility as a supply site for a far away base. Or do you think it would be a good starting point for a base? (Sorry if I missed it when you mentioned it already.)

>Not all of Mars' ice is at the poles.
Yeah, there are the gullies as well.

SpaceX is looking at Arcadia Planitia for their first site, with Phlegra Montes as an alternate.
>uahirise.org/results.php?keyword=spacex&order=release_date&submit=Search

>Water Mining
If you have the energy and the ability to clean out the dust filters, water mining on Mars doesn't even mean digging. While the atmosphere is very thin, it is very frequently at almost 100% humidity. With a compressor and a condenser, you can mine water straight from the air.

Hmmmmmm

Attached: Screenshot_20190831-161446_Gallery.jpg (720x1280, 92K)

>Or do you think it would be a good starting point for a base?
Elysium would be a great candidate for a logistics base. You'd want something like Zubrin's Hoppers for fast transport and uncrewed rovers for bulk.
A lot of this depends on exactly who is doing what.

wut

>twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1166860032052539392
SpaceX intends to have their Mk1 Starship prototype ready by September 28th, which is when Musk will give his update on the system's architecture and the project's plans. That Mk1 vehicle will then perform a 20km flight in the following weeks.

As for vehicles beyond the Starship family, (9m diameter rockets (about 30ft for us muricans) here's what Musk has to say about their diameter:
>twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1166856662336102401
EIGHTEEN FUCKING METER DIAMETER ROCKETS
(59 feet wide)
Saturn V was only 10.1 meters wide. The colony ships are going to be MONSTERS.

Attached: musk eyes.jpg (349x349, 31K)

1970's Boeing called. They want their powersat booster returned ASAP.

Attached: images (1).jpg (260x194, 6K)

I want to push this, we are already this close to space travel being considered just another form of white supremacy

Attached: billionsforspacepenniesforhungry.png (402x617, 309K)

>hundreds of years
Nope, try under a century to get to part 2 or 3 of the pic in this post:
By using this
>phys.org/news/2017-03-nasa-magnetic-shield-mars-atmosphere.html

Attached: mars magnetic shield.jpg (634x469, 30K)

Ayo hol up you be givin all da free sheit to space ships but they caint even be like walkin up into the stoe with it.

Terraforming isn't worth the effort. Spend that energy to build custom orbiting habitats.

Even though I agree with you, Mars is going to be terraformed regardless because it's a massive civilization-scale vanity project.

Attached: BlueOrigin_Colony-SpaceFlorence.jpg (1440x810, 344K)

s o o n

Attached: OurGuys.jpg (1651x1020, 829K)

Probably true. I like Mars as a focus only because it gets people thinking about space. Island Ones and Stanford Torus habs are where it's at.
>imma just leave this here for laffs

Attached: UFO_MarsXenon.png (1877x273, 182K)

The original Interplanetary Transport System was only supposed to be a 12 meter rocket. I guess using steel opened possibilities up just a little bit.

Attached: SpaceX InterplanetaryTransportSystem.jpg (894x894, 144K)

Fuck yea, bump, and checked.

saved

i only have pic related of the old design

Attached: Marsc35.jpg (986x481, 28K)

That's the design before the tintin fins got added

Attached: SpaceX dearMoon Starship.jpg (2048x1280, 720K)

bump

Attached: marsc44.jpg (418x602, 27K)

tfw

Attached: martian sunset.jpg (1344x756, 334K)

youtube.com/watch?v=WjNssEVlB6M

Attached: starlink-day one.webm (676x540, 1003K)

Anyone have any thoughts on China finding a colored gel substance on the lunar farside? They announced it while analyzing results from the little crater in pic.
That's a lot of birds in one launch. Impressive.

Attached: Yutai_Moon_Goo.jpg (1200x768, 169K)

Does anyone know what the StarHopper would do?
So it'd take off from Earth on top of a (I assume) Big Falcon Rocket (aka big fucking rocket), then travel to Mars, land, then would it take off as JUST the StarHopper??
And then travel back to Earth and land again?

The next one is coming in two months, the one more month after that.
>youtube.com/watch?v=T6v47CmRA7A

Attached: stack of starlinks.jpg (1200x675, 226K)

>then would it take off as JUST the StarHopper??

i don't know the technicalities of how much fuel is needed but obviously it's easier to take off from mars because of the lower G, so maybe the BFR wouldn't need to refuel and the starhopper could just boost itself back to earth

Freakin' cool. Elon is the greatest thing to happen to space development since Andreson bought MIR.

Starhopper is just the little R2-D2 looking thing. All it was meant to do is prove SpaceX could build a working rocket with the techniques they chose (which are not all that different from making a water tower), and making it ready for controlled flight.

Starship is the name of the actual space vehicle. It will be launched on a booster called Super Heavy to make it to orbit. Cargo flights on a single fuel load can bring 150 tons to low earth orbit and then return to their landing site.
For more distant missions, refueling is needed. After launching Starship to orbit, additional specialized Tanker Starships will be sent up to refill the first one until it is ready to depart. Then it will perform its mission (to the moon, mars, etc).

Attached: shiny 1950s rocket.jpg (920x1349, 77K)

GET YOUR ASS TO MARS

I got to see that about a day later, it was so neat seeing this line of lights marching across the sky.

Wasn't even looking for them, just happened to see it while stargazing with my parents.

Ohhhh ok I got confused on that. I forgot about the Starship. So the Starhopper was just for testing? Would they use that for like the moon possibly?
Fuel is a big question for me too. But like the user above said I guess they'll be sending refueling missions too.

>I guess they'll be sending refueling missions too.

they are building propulsion factories as part of the first base because ferrying fuck loads of extra fuel there is basically pointless

Starship can only do suborbital flights, which might mean the surface-to-surface intercontinental flights would only require Starship to start running, unlike this concept that uses both starship and Super Heavy:
>youtube.com/watch?v=zqE-ultsWt0

What about Big Sky Montana? Yeah the skiing is great, but what does that pertain to this discussion?

ah yeah, i got starship and hopper mixed up

one more bump for the night boys

Remember that there is a place for you somewhere in the supply chain.

When are we having the first BFRs?

Mars was already nuked by us, the war is not over.
The martian aka greys are hiding underground.

Attached: 2024.jpg (2008x2624, 977K)