GOLD:

I think the global economy is fucked and maybe the US dollar will collapse. Should I buy gold or is that just a meme?

Not trolling, not making any claims, sorry if my post upsets you.

Attached: gold-1-reuters.jpg (1200x900, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U71-KsDArFM
coinbase.
amazon.com/Modern-Survival-Manual-Surviving-Economic/dp/9870563457
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just a meme

Why did a gold and silver post show up literally at the same time? Is biz shilling now?

We should return to the gold standard and eliminate the fed. Gold is a safe bet imo. Steer clear if buttcoin.

Not shilling

Gold is only useful if you can either buy something with it or can easily convert it into a good currency. Since I can't imagine any Canadian business would accept gold, then probably not in your case.

33/33/33 gold/BTC/LINK

Nope. Gold is useless and heavy. The only thing worth its weight is ammo and skills.

No sorry Trump 2020, Glow commie get fucked

Go silver, it's easier to exchange with people for barter because you can easily store enough for major purchases but also make minor ones if you have smaller amounts. Hell there's places that sell easy to break sets that have one, half and quarter ounce silver slips.

Gold is a meme, go silver.

Never said I was a commie. Just trying to ask a question.

You're getting in a little bit late on a market where none of us plebs really know where it's going to go. But my advice would be that if you have nothing more important to do with your money then this is probably a good time to build a position in it and think of it as a hedge against the rest of your portfolio.

I'm already heavy in to gold, so I'm not trying to dick you around.

Gold and silver are, in the long term, not great as currencies of a nation. Eventually, the atoms of the gold coin will be more valuable than the coin itself and there will be an incentive to melt it down.

If every one of us white boys suck some dirty Jew pussy like faggot boy trump and his daughter they might bless us with a few mass shootings till they disarm whites and make us just fuck thier grandmas Cus we got that werk ethic

...buy multivitamine pills, they will be 100 times more valuable than gold.

Never said I had a portfolio

If you don't have a portfolio, then gold and silver might not be the first things to look at. It's a place to park extra money. There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying a little bit even if you're poor, but you should be thinking more about paying down debt or if there are things you might need if the economy shits the bed and you no longer have a job.

Buying a little bit at a time is called Dollar Cost Averaging, so what you'd do is think maybe you can afford $100 a month or whatever it might be, and just buy a little more each month. That's a way to gamble an uncertain market that is statistically better than trying to play dumb day trader. You don't put too much in early in case it flatlines, but if the market goes up then you have more than you started with.

Next, let me give you my own personal opinion on silver. I've never been into the ratio argument, but rather of the opinion that silver is rigged more heavily and it has a way of dragging the price of gold around with it. I'm of the opinion that it's a more volatile market than gold and has the chance to do better, but it's a little more of a gamble. Some people call it "swinging little sister."

I hear more and more people I respect talk about the ratio, and what I think the conclusion for an average person is that if silver is lower than it should be, then that's a better time to buy silver than gold. That's not a bad gamble. Buy low sell high, you know?

I'm not worried about making a profit, I'm worried about retaining a shred of wealth in case US dollar flops and the global economy goes tits up. Now is the time to prepare so I don't end up in a bread line, and I'm not convinced a little lump of metal would have any real value in a dire situation.

I like this idea, not sure if it's the way to go. Personally I have some iodine so in case of a terror attack on the local nuclear plant, I have possess something more useful than a lump of shiny metal.

Canada basically has a petro currency whenever oil is over $100 a barrel, which happens every time the USA goes into even a minor war. It happens because the US military burns about as much oil as the entire USA while it is mobilized and destroying something. Tar sands have more oil than anywhere, even Saudi Arabia, just needs a bunch of heavy machinery to process it.

So basically, if you are Canadian, just move your shit into a credit union and vote for Mad Max. Put a little bit of your money into a speculative portfolio if you are paranoid. Bitcoin and maybe some actual physical gold like Maple Leafs. The Canadian mint actually makes some of the best bouillon coins in the world and you can get them at some banks and credit unions.

The Canadian one is 1 troy oz of 99.99% pure gold with a circulation value of $50 (so if some guy invents a gold making machine, it will still be worth $50).

Canada and the UK are the only two countries in the world with AAA credit ratings. Trudeau tried really hard to fuck shit up, but too many important interests have too much shit riding on Canada to allow a little twerp faggot like that to ruin it, our property market values and currency have to stay close enough to the USD and pound to keep creditors buying Canadian AAA debt happy. Probably also why Boris and the Queen just told UK parliament to STFU, so they can protect the UK government and economy from being damaged by the impending catastrophe in Europe.

Anyway, I'm not super worried, just researching which credit union I want to go with. Picking out interesting crypto currencies besides BTC that would become more popular among crypto users if cryptocurrency use became more widespread and such. It's just speculative though, not real investing.

Attached: a16ac2dcb0dfca7abb915706a1670704.jpg (280x392, 30K)

Dollar won't collapse because it will be the only currency of value when the world goes to shit

Gold is only a safeguard against recession or a depression you can survive through without using the gold.

If you think collapse is imminent buy nonperishibles and bullets.

I wouldn't buy gold. NASA just found this huge asteroid full of gold. They're going to blow it up, subsequent golden showers ensue, gold becomes worthless.

The people shilling gold right now bought it at 50 bucks an ounce back in the 1980s, and are liquidating their assets before the great golden shower.

Buy chinese dongs

Attached: 1565900403552.jpg (545x600, 196K)

if you can afford it, buy gold.
I'm buying silver because I'm poor.

Can't eat gold.
Can't shoot gold.
Get canned goods and ammo.

>I'm not worried about making a profit
Correct. If you're buying physical then it's a hedge, not something you're worried about trading. It's a backup plan. I have enough that it's a load off my mind about if I need to get by without a job and a bank account, but I also have other things to where I could hole up and survive if things break down bad for a while. You might think about what happens during a really bad storm or fire or whatever else can happen in your area.

But you still want to buy low and sell high, even if you don't wind up selling it. It's important to become familiar with the market and how you might buy or sell it if you had to, because otherwise you might as well have bought a house thinking you'll get rich while it's a complete claptrap and you don't know how to get it fixed up. So if you don't know where or how you'd be able to convert it into the local currency if things get so bad that you need to, then don't spend much money on it. Common sense, right?

Gold standard is terrible. Simply eliminating the fed and ousting all jews will solve the problem. Debt based federal reserve system is absolute cancer.

YES. buy gold now. If you are broke go gold mining. this is your warning. when shit hits the fan, the reserve will go back to gold. and guess what. 20x fold increase

That seems unreasonably optimistic.
All other nations have a far greater capacity for enforcing totalitarian rule, and so propping up the value of currency.

Funny, I wrote a short story one time with the same plot.

As the shower started, people were freaking out happy. they were running out and catching it, bagging it, thinking of how rich they were.

But then it kept coming. Pretty soon the earth was covered with a foot of gold. crops were dead, roads were impassable, and you couldn't give the gold away.

So... say I buy one ounce. When gold goes through the roof I should sell it for worthless paper dollars? I guess I would then use the paper dollars to buy food and ammo.

In my case the ammo is crossbow arrows because I can't get guns.

>In my case the ammo is crossbow arrows because I can't get guns.

Attached: D7CAE640-A489-4D30-A88F-E16A42369C12.jpg (600x605, 35K)

Yeah we actually don't allow people with a history of mental illness to have access to deadly military arms. How oppressive!

>But then it kept coming

With the gold/silver ratio as high as it is relative to historical norms, you should be buying silver. Then when the gold/silver ratio levels out you can sell some silver to buy gold.

It's a meme. You can't relinquish the value of a currency to an asset you don't control. China and jews probably own most of the gold. What a smart move it would be to let them control the value of your currencies.

Simply do what Hitler did.
youtube.com/watch?v=U71-KsDArFM

Gold is a pretty good currency if you want to trade with the Anunnaki kangs and shit.

Attached: anunnaki-and-shit.jpg (151x151, 5K)

gold is gay crypto is the way
heres some XLM to start your stacks
Coinbase Earn $50 XLM Easy answers included
Coinbase is giving away 50 bucks in each crypto just by answering some questions. you can skip the videos as the answers are below
XLM: coinbase.
com/earn/
xlm/invite/kxj7934b
Q1. A decentralized protocol that unites the world's financial infrastructure .
Q2. Facilitating low-cost, universal payments.
Q3. Transactions are fast, inexpensive, and global.
Q4. To issue, exchange, and transfer tokens quickly and efficiently.
Q5. It relies on the cooperation of trusted nodes to confirm transactions.

Attached: 24292.jpg (1500x953, 127K)

>Should I buy gold or is that just a meme?

No. You should be investing in lead and brass.

Okay, I'm not going to watch a 2 hours youtube video right now. Could you just sum it up with a few key points?

Buy the vastly distributed metal goy. Definetly turn your firearms and eat these bug burgers goy.
Floride is for everyones saftey goy.
Let me suck your newborns penis after I slice it goy, then let him be a tyrant kid when he is 7 goy.
Etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

gold is gay crypto is the way
heres some XLM to start your stacks
Coinbase Earn $50 XLM answers included
Coinbase is giving away 50 bucks in each crypto just by answering some questions. you can skip the videos as the answers are below
XLM: coinbase.
com/earn/
xlm/invite/kxj7934b
Q1. A decentralized protocol that unites the world's financial infrastructure .
Q2. Facilitating low-cost, universal payments.
Q3. Transactions are fast, inexpensive, and global.
Q4. To issue, exchange, and transfer tokens quickly and efficiently.
Q5. It relies on the cooperation of trusted nodes to confirm transactions.

Attached: last night.png (694x660, 28K)

The gold/silver ratio really isn't something you can bank on. Here's a chart going back to 1915. In the years of crisis, the ratio goes up, not down.

Attached: Ratio.jpg (1089x850, 147K)

>Let's replace this arbitrarily valued currency with an arbitrarily valued metal

Wow so redpilled. Wonder who controls the global gold mining conglomerates and gold stores?

It depends if you think you'll have a local pawn shop or whatever else to sell it and how much paper you need to use at one time. That's why it's often better to start with silver and buy sub-oz amounts of gold, since you might only want to liquidate something like some earings, or half a bucket of scrap copper, or a gold ring, or something like that.

If you'd like a very interesting, read, I would suggest amazon.com/Modern-Survival-Manual-Surviving-Economic/dp/9870563457
Maybe that's not how it's going to play out, but there's a lot of good food for thought in there, and Argentina's currency has been repeatedly shitting the bed ever since and yet they still manage to get by.

crypto is play money; and in the event of a real dollar crisis it would be worthless.

20 fold increase on a dollar that is worth shit. Great plan.

How would one access or trade crypto if the power goes out? It really makes you think.

Wow shithead I didn't claim anything. Read the post again.

If gold goes through the roof, you should probably be smuggling that ounce of gold with you to a safer country, i guess.

Nobody knows how it's going to play out.

You asked to hold your wealth in gold because you're worried about currency. Gold is a meme Jews use to scam scared boomers out of their wealth.

That's a generally good idea, but countries often implement draconian currency controls to avoid a massive outflow of wealth or people. The other year I was talking to an in-law from [country redacted] who had a damn fortune locked up in said country if smuggling gold out would be an option. Said person is not stupid about being underhanded. But the answer was that the government was cracking down really hard on shysters and it they were shaking everybody down at the airport.

The gold standard has been tried before and failed every time, it gave London bankers control over the USA. Responsible leaders and labor based currencies is how a countries shine.

Wizard of Oz symbolism was the Yellow brick road, and silver slippers leads to the green castle, AKA the green back.

Greenbacks were paper currency (printed in green on the back) issued by the United States during the American Civil War. They were in two forms: Demand Notes, issued in 1861–1862, and United States Notes issued in 1862–1865. They were legal tender by law, but were not backed by gold or silver, only the credibility of the U.S. government.

Attached: gb.jpg (2000x1778, 1.03M)

Having rare metals in a SHTF situation only attracts people who want to steal it from you
The real value will be in the actual commodities that you need. Salt, ammo, guns, and really anything subjective to your situation

Infinite rehypothecation gave The City of London Corporation control over the US over the course of several foreign private central banks, the most recent of which was the Federal Reserve. You don't really understand much about the world of finance or the history of the US and how it spent most of its time trying to fight off the kike central bankers if you're going to go around spouting nonsense like that.

Good luck getting people to understand this. They also won't remember that going back to the gold standard would give the eventual power to Russia and South Africa.

Buy lots of cheap booze and tobbacco. toilet paper kotex, socks.
trade goods

Said country must be India.

If the dollar collapses I can’t imagine gold will be worth shit. Food, water, and guns however...

meme, if the usd collapses you'll want self sufficiency tools not shiny metal

gold goes down during deflation. all asset classes will suffer.

Israel has been taking over South Africa since I was a child. If you're not familiar with history, for quite a while it was the main source of being able to buy gold in the US. It's always good when gold from a different country flows in to yours.

Nope, but that's not a terrible guess.

if you buy gold make sure it ain't from ebay or speedpak/orange connex they seem to say everything is DELIVERED, when it ain't.

DANGER speedpak/Orange Connex

I tried to sum up a 2 hour documentary in 2 sentences. Gold has always failed, any metal backed currency failed. Rare or not. It does not matter is the money is backed by anything or not, all that matters is who controls the supply.

Gold wins if yout get high inflation and Bitcoin fails.

I've watched Bill Still's documentary multiple times. Saying that gold backing has failed every time is a ridiculous conclusion. That's merely the starting point for it being debased later on.

>jokes on you, I’m mentally ill!
Oh, Canada....

Attached: 61D37DA8-3BB9-49AB-8C46-4D72D4311C05.png (645x773, 11K)

Gold saw a price increase in the last collapse to 1500. All stocks have seen a price increase. Wouldn't be surprised if gold saw an additional price increase during the next bubble burst. But supposedly they have installed software to prevent another financial collapse.Paper "Gold" is essentially a bitcoin backed by gold. Since Fuckerberg and 2 jew twins are into bitcoin it wouldnt be surprising to find out the new storage of wealth isn't bitcoin and gold is no longer relevant to banking. There's a theory that gold, silver gemstones are the hard currency. I think in our positions, not being Roshchilds the hard currencies are food water bullets. Since Gold silver gems can be used to acquire things of actual use and then considered a unit of wealth. My idea is I cant eat gold I cant eat rocks. So in a real situation of need I'd trade 2 ounces gold for a taco or glass of water. However this is an unlikely scenario and any "collapse" is a "correction" so it's financially worth calculating the next jewish trick in finance. Slavery and skillset also probably fall in somewhere into hard currency.

>Gold standard is terrible
>Simply eliminating the fed

Thats a gold standard you retard...

Shut up America. You have no response to what I said earlier.

Attached: ap_james_holmes_kb_150427_3_4x3_992.jpg (992x744, 83K)

A gold backed currency means a plutocracy since all the gold is already in the hands of the rich, the banks and various world governments. Giving them infinite control allowing for predatory expansion and contraction, dispossessing the people even further, and further, and further.

It is, but I'm talking about something different. If the world were to return to the gold standard, the only way new wealth could be created would be by mining more gold. So, in the end, the only nations who could generate new wealth are those with the gold to mine.

It's not a currency if it isn't in the hands of the average people who actually use it to conduct their daily trade. Why is it always the most completely retarded people who try to jump in to conversations about adult topics?

That you can’t own a gun because you are mentally ill so you buy crossbow bolts and hope and pray only one person is sent to blackbag you for being white?

Yeah. Speechless.

Attached: F8CBB50C-EDF5-4E25-ADED-BF2C8D41AA46.png (894x773, 48K)

And see how busy China has been buying all the gold mines it can get its hands on, along with max bullions for many years.

I think you're probably right about everything you just said

Fucker, I can just buy 2 crossbows.

And that's why countries fight over mineral rights and buy up mining operations. That's a trickier game to do for an individual, but the returns can be wild sometimes. That's what they call adding some "risk" into your portfolio, as opposed to having some physical gold or silver in the back of your prepper shed.

ITS NOT in the hands of the common folk, you absolute buffoon. Labor is the value, not some bright shiny metal. How in the fuck can gold suddenly appear into everyone's hands?

Then it's not a currency. Are so some kind of Chinese spy who doesn't understand English? Do you live in What?

Do you even know what the gold standard is? It's not Ducktales.

>Uses nothing but canned beans as a hedge
>The world doesn't turn into a mad Max scenario like he imagined

So what do you do with your can of beans then? Unlike canned beans, gold is a store of value. An ounce of gold equals about 1500 USD and takes up essentially no space. Good luck liquidating your cans of beans for currency when the grid is still functioning. Preppers have so much tunnel vision that they cannot see other possibilities arising in the future.

With fiat currencies the bankers can steal everyone's savings through inflation. Gold reserves prevent this.

It's the pegging of the national currency to gold. Like, you can LITERALLY just go take your note back to a bank and they'll hand you the gold being held on reserve for it. Do you have any concept of history you absolute tard?
>hurr durr labor value
Go back to lefypol.

Why did we give control of our money supply to bankers? That's the problem, not what backs it.

I have to say, this is a fascination conversation. Many opinions, some wildly different than others.

>we
So it was you?

Silver...bullets...food...water

Are leftypol Natsoc Hitler worshippers? If so, I might.

Oh boy time to call me mean names because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. What a big surprise.

Should I make more money if I do a job more inefficiently? If labour has inherent value I should.

Ya but even the miners can't get their head out of their ass a lot of the time. Barrack Gold, for example. I mean, they pull wealth out of the ground, and they're the largest gold miner in the world; and yet they still can't seem to make it work for any length of time.

And the extra 1 to strippers

So do you think we should just use physical metals as money?

>Should I buy gold or is that just a meme
Gold is no better than cloth money.

invest in developing markets in asia, they will stand on solid ground once the developed west crumbles under the talmudic weight

Attached: 1525812406867.jpg (1024x1024, 185K)

Yeah, the people who play with mining shares are endlessly arguing with each other about what's really going on and typically have basically intelligence networks. I'd be the small fish in the big sea if I wanted to try to play that game.

It's kind of like people who deal in oil or fresh water supplies or anything else so valuable that it's a matter of national security.