A meat tax that is used to reduce the price of veggies and food isn’t bad

Meat should be expensive. In contrast, veggies should be cheap. Currently, a pound of chicken legs costs less than a pound of bio-carrots or apples. Not good.

Attached: 6464FFDF-AC8C-4378-9BB7-E62CB4885428.jpg (1394x996, 472K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is a good idea. If meat is producing negative externalities then meat consumers should be forced to pay the full social cost of consuming meat.

wtf are bio-carrots?

Is this how you plan to pay for Poland's reparations you owe them?

germany sterilises its population

Biologically grown carrots, no added chemicals

Attached: 4FF737F2-C371-47DC-81F5-83087D1028B9.jpg (328x506, 34K)

So this is how they intend for white people to eat insects, by making meat so expensive that they will have no other option

What the fuck does that even mean. They were grown with carbon compounds?

Carbon compounds are chemicals

wack

The problem with this kind of government intervention is it has the perverse effect of making veggie production dependent on meat production based subsidies. In the long run, it causes problems.

>42% income tax over €55000
>19% VAT
Sure, throw some more taxes in there.

>We should pay alot more for meat!
Fuck off you authoritarian bootlicker

>eat the bugs
>you cant eat meat anymore, its a luxury
>if you want meat well have to tax it like we tax alcohol
>its about the planet goy, we all know germany and not the gooks, street shitters and niggers are the source of the co2

Im a strict vegetarian and this shit pisses me off to no end.

Attached: 1565905394670.png (1973x978, 2.45M)

Fresh broccoli costs less than $2 lb. If I want to buy a lot it its less than $1. Beef costs $2-25 per lb depending on quality and quantity. All food is priced correctly. Leave it alone you morons.

I think he means organic

>Eat my pest and disease infested carrots, bigot

>All food is priced correctly.

No it's not, you retard. If meat is producing negative externalities, then by definition current prices don't capture the full cost of meat consumption.

How long before they're making brats out of their government officials? Oh man this is going to be good.

>giving my hard earned money in the form of taxes is the best way to enact social change!
Literally neck yourself, Hans. Now I have to go rub down my 14 lb brisket I am smoking today.

>We should fix market realities to better reflect our market ideals
That's dumb.

>Meat should be expensive.
It's a necessary part of the human diet, why should a necessity be artificially inflated in price?
>In contrast, veggies should be cheap.
So you're saying humans should eat unbalanced diets so that farmers and faggots making new-age goybean products get fat government checks to skew the market in their favor. Again, why "should" this be?

OP is going to be food. Watch. People are going to eat OP tax free.

>producing negative externalities
Yeah all cheap food does that faggot.

That's why we have billions of niggers.

>producing negative externalities
Like what exactly? Like the destruction of natural habitats to make the farmland needed to grow your precious vegetables? Do you honestly think agriculture comes without an environmental cost?

A tax on meat won’t decrease the price of veggies, in the short term it will raise them as supply stays the same and demand increases. In the long term price will stabilize but what happens when there’s only one burger joint in town hans?

This user gets it. Even if you buy the indefensible "muh carbon destroying muh earf" shit, it makes zero sense to destroy the nations actually "doing something" about it meanwhile 99% of the alleged cause is produced in nations we don't say a word to.

Attached: 1558916455114.jpg (864x2344, 222K)

this, OP go drink your hafermilch, sojboi

Organic is just as retarded name.
Tell me some veggies that are not organic except childrens plastic toy veggies.

Apples are poison. They should be illegal.
You are poisoning your children.

Why can’t both be cheap? Why is it that what I want doesn’t require tons of chemicals and other bullshit cost 2x more then the stuff with all sort of shit injected and sprayed on it.

Attached: 8D3B2A8E-5184-4C57-A549-5A1528D213DB.jpg (1600x1179, 422K)

It's just the "gimme 15$/hr to flip burgers" shit but more blatant. Who really benefits here besides huge grocery chains and slaughterhouses? "oh no, nobody can afford human employees teehee guess we'll just automate all of our positions and let small businesses fuck right off because they don't have hundreds of millions of dollars to throw into the automation required to exist now" woah man woke shit.

Attached: 1559295378278.jpg (357x657, 95K)

Wtf is societal cost. I should pay a tax because I like to eat cow. Fuck off vegan

>Raising animals for human consumption accounts for approximately 40% of the total amount of agricultural output in industrialized countries. Grazing occupies 26% of the earth's ice-free terrestrial surface, and feed crop production uses about one third of all arable land... The livestock sector is also the primary driver of deforestation in the Amazon, with around 80% of all converted land being used to rear cattle

>At a global scale, the FAO has recently estimated that livestock (including poultry) accounts for about 14.5 percent of anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions estimated as 100-year CO2 equivalents.

>Water pollution due to animal waste is a common problem in both developed and developing nations.[1] The USA, Canada, India, Greece, Switzerland and several other countries are experiencing major environmental degradation due to water pollution via animal waste.

kys kike

Organic in relation to food means it's grown naturally and not with the aid of man made chemicals

I'm a hunter so this doesn't affect me. The rest of you can stay malnourished and rot your teeth out with carbs.

Right fake meat Jews are lobbying to regulate real meat so their slime mold protein is profitable. That's all this really is.

I know how it is used, but thats not the meaning of the word, hence retarded.

*now

hunting is impossible in many places. We literally have almost nothing left to hunt

>i've never dealt with the city putting in a toll road
it starts out that way, user.
>we'll stop charging you to use the toll road after we recover the cost of the bridge
but, then they get used to having that money stream
>it turns out, now that the toll road is in place and everyone is used to paying for it, that we're going to continue charging you to use the road
they might reduce the price of veggies at first, but then they'll come up with a need or justification to return the price to their original value while keeping the tax in place.
you're going to get exactly what you deserve, user.

>If
>, then
That's a bold claim. What "negative externalities" are such a looming issue that the only solution is to deprive the working class of necessary nutrition and reserving a healthy, proper diet for the top 10% of earners at best? Why is starving the population an acceptable course of action in your mind for any issue but overpopulation? At least own that shit if what you're after is a culling. Earth needs one, been advocating this for all of those little shitholes in Africa we prop up for a decade or more, but I own it and don't prance around it with bullshit alternative explanations like a faggot.

Attached: 1564030589026.gif (500x370, 1.88M)

terrible idea.
there's no incentive for them to stick to their proposal after the tax is in place.
see

Eat your buzzwords and say exactly what you mean you fruit. Spell it out instead of "muh externals!" Tell us how meat consumption isn't adequately priced. Try to convince me to eat vegetables and fruits instead of telling me to. You fucking poofter.

See

Please elaborate

That makes me sad to hear that. In my area, they are having to close some state parks once every few months for a weekend for culls, because the deer populations are so out of control.

Wait seriously? How do you not have game birds still around?

It is the meaning of the word in relation to food though, words can have multiple meanings and different meanings based on context

So glad I left that shithole

How this will play out:
1. Meat will be more expensive, but the German farmer will not see any of the money.
2. Veggies will be slightly cheaper
3. Most of the money will go to import more migrants to ethnically replace the native population

Reject your government Hans, it has no legitimacy

Just move. The UK is finished. Everybody is moving to Texas anyway.

>Huge grocery chains and slaughterhouses profit from meat tax
What did he mean by this?
The only one profiting from this is the green syndicate

fuck off bug eating cunt

>Raising animals for human consumption accounts for approximately 40% of
And? Oh god are you telling us that farm animals eat? That's shocking, do go on. By your same alarmist token why isn't the 60% of agricultural output being devoted to plants not an issue? Because you don't want to fuck with the livelihoods of those people? This is all your ideology, you haven't provided any evidence for anything besides that animals need to eat to grow.

You forgot 'Jews profit over fake meat'

Onions should be taxed higher than meat
>Monoculture
>Destroys the soil
>Ties the economy to a single commodity
>Full of pesticide and fertilizers
>Fucks up the river and water beds
>It's a meme pushed by (ebil corp) Monsanto-Bayer

>be meat
>already expensive as fuck to buy anything other than hack job halal chicken legs
>be fruits and vegetables
>cheap as shit unless you waste money on organic stuff
Waaaah why is the cheapest poorest quality meat less expensive than the most expensive organic vegetables?

A hipster vegan meme.

eat the worms, bigot

All land here is owned already, literal medieval landowners and manor houses. Deer for example live on mostly royal land, except in very rural places like scotland and wales, which still requires expensive licences and permits for both the hunting and gun ownership. Game birds are the same, mostly on private or royal land which requires an expensive shooting club membership, even then they only hunt a few times a year. Outside of that, only pests like grey squirrels are allowed to be hunted, but almost no one does.

I am starting become ashamed of being descendant from Germans.... Every German post is cucking to something and I doubt its a Muslim immigrant

At a glance, sure. In practice there are already lobbyists lined up with cash in hand to buy preferential treatment. Tax cuts being passed on to the consumer, essentially. Companies like Koch will pay X% less meanwhile the consumer will pay that much more, a few career polits get their cut and the world keeps turning. Things like this are never pushed, much less passed, if the money's not in it for a select few.

Oh boy, Wikipedia. They're not Jewish at all. 40% sounds about right. That's less than half. Not bad. Fuck greenhouse gases. More "muh climate change" bullshit. Yeah, animal waste runoff ain't no picnic but you clean your water or have the waste go through a filtration system. It's doable. You do realize though that grow that many vegetables year round for that many people, they're gonna have to be GMO crops and crops that have been fertilized.

Jews are bad as a group, but they are not the root of everything. Our own elites are the biggest issue.

eat your mealworm burgers goyim

Attached: 28600029_digital-image.png (1600x1600, 568K)

I'm starting to think the "just move to alaska" shit isn't such a meme here lately. The US government still pays folks to relocate, the gun laws are pretty comfy and what IS restricted isn't really enforced. You make yourself useful and you do whatever the fuck you want. Only drunks/junkies get hassled day-to-day in the more based small-town bits of the state and the cold and (especially by modern standards) unforgiving nature of life keeps undesirable folks away.

Still have birds and year-round small game but we wouldn't have any left in a hurry if people were hunting them to supplement taxed commercial meat.

>Among other environmental benefits of meat production, is the conversion of materials that might otherwise be wasted, to produce high-protein food.

>"Currently, 70% of the feedstock used in the Dutch feed industry originates from thefood processingindustry."

>US examples of "waste" conversion with regard to grain include feeding livestock the distillers grains (with solubles) remaining fromethanolproduction.

>Also, small-ruminant flocks in North America (and elsewhere) are sometimes used on fields for removal of various crop residues inedible by humans, converting them to food.

Im before the final convenient line and the end:
>However, the damage caused to the environment due to meat production outweighs the benefits.
Suck my dick you malnourished faggot while I eat delicious bacon for breakfast this morning

AHAHAHAHAHAHA EAT YOUR FUCKING MEALWORMS YOU GERM AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CREEPY CRAWLIES MAGGOTS NIGHTCRAWLERS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, and I bet you are more proud of your African ancestors, monkey eater

i'd genuinely like somewhere like north dakota/montana/wyoming. No idea how i'd get a green card though

>MIT SOJA!

*pukes*

Lmao didn't even see that

Can't make this shit up

More meat on the market being sold will mean more money for the veggie farmer (assuming he gets the subsidie and not the grocer). If people were to actually stop eating meat, the veggie farmer would lose too much money.

Its similar to cigarette taxes going towards healthcare. It becomes so much money for the healthcare system that you dont really want people to stop smoking anymore. Or, Organ transplants vs car safety..

bio-carrots ?

This.

Germany introduced a 20% sparkling wine tax in 1902 to finance the WW1 marine. It's still in place to this day.

Fuck off. All of those places are full. You're allowed to come to NYC or LA only. No green card needed because they're lefty hell holes. Leave the city limits and you'll be shot on sight.

Find a fat young American woman in a small town in one of these areas. Tell her your plans to feed her wild game meats in your best Hugh Grant english accent. Shouldnt be too hard honestly.

oh, noes!
not 14% of CO2!
that's literally nothing.
evaporated ocean water is the largest greenhouse gas by an order of magnitude.
what's 14% of 1 penny compared to a dollar, user?
>in before muh feedback nonsense!
CO2 does NOT control the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere. that argument makes no sense from any standpoint and is the major reason why every single model that predicts "emergency climate change" ever has turned out to be dramatically wrong.
think about that; every single bullshit model that they've wasted tax payer money on has been completely wrong because they are trying to mold a particular narrative--not a single one has held up to scrutiny over time.
Evaporated ocean water, and not CO2, is the most influential greenhouse gas but there's no money in investigating it because there's nothing that can be done about it--you can't tax farmers for rain.

Hitler was a vegetarian, so I guess Germany is going back to its roots lmao

Do you mean 'organic'. That itself is just marketing bullshit and mostly meaningless.

you need to be beaten to death, right?

What's fucked is, some of us legitimately enjoyed eating insects from time to time before this was pushed. I've eaten a lot of crickets and mealworms in my life but have cut that shit right out since this started being pushed because it became political.

That really activates my almonds.

and be stuck with the illegals, homeless and anti 2A cucks? nah, I want a /comfy/ house in the mountains with a whole fucking basement of guns

Cheap goybeans from the Amazon, no doubt.

fucking germancucks with their tax and chastity case obsession
eat more meat, less onions, you fucking traitors of europe

Food demand is a constant, per unit of population.
When the demand for meat goes down due to price, this means supply elsewhere needs to be boosted in order to meet the newfound demand.
This means more land is needed to produce the veggies, which raises land value by significant margins.
In all then, banning meat = DB doesn't bankrupt in 30 minutes. Delays the inevitable though. Not profitable.

At the same time there's the health concern.
An all-veggie diet causes soiboi-ism and frail men.
Carbohydrates are necessary for physical activity, but walking 30 minutes to work and another 30 minutes at work isn't enough to offset the vast quantities of carbs in a veggie diet.
You can't get the protein you need out of it without consuming 1,5kg of specific veggies every day.
Getting fats is a joke. Polysaturated only, which makes you grow lardy.

Really then it's only good for the banker Jews.

I got tricked into eating a chocolate covered cricket once under the guise of it was chocolate covered raisins. I almost murdered that person.

Price controls and subsidies do not have a good track record, you dumb kraut.

>but, then they get used to having that money stream
Exactly. This is also why populations of countries are DEFINITELY not allowed to stagnate, let alone decline, so they import millions of new consumers and taxpayers that breed like rabbits. Meanwhile they preach about various things to create new taxes ontop of that and quietly refuse to acknowledge supposedly temporary taxes still in effect.

Properly gutted crickets checked for parasites and fed a clean diet are great. A little salt, roast them a bit, they're kinda like pumpkin seeds but taste better and have a ton of protein in them. I wouldn't trust any mass-produced insect products from the usual suspects at all though. I've seen how they cut corners with normal foods that people already have standards for, couldn't pay me to eat a hunk of whole-ground beetles fed on cardboard and byproduct meal.

What a strange and abstract tax to try and fund a war on. Doesn't even sound like it was remotely viable for anything other than a cashgrab.

just for reference:
atmospheric CO2: 0.04% of the atmosphere
atmospheric water vapor: 4%-0.2%

Good. A real man only eats animals he has personally killed. Eating the meat somebody else killed is the highest form of cuckery.

doesn't matter, people will still become fat fucks off of carbs and soda

Plastic is organic chemicals.

I'd be okay with this if it was cheap. Bugs have a shit ton of protein.