Why is California so expensive

It's considered the shittiest state to live in the country why does it cost so much to live here

Attached: average cheap folsom housing.jpg (316x280, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_the_United_States_by_state#California
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_poverty_rate#States,_federal_district_and_territories
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_educational_attainment
city-journal.org/html/california-poverty-capital-15659.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>It's considered the shittiest state to live in the country
Maybe by some edgelords on Jow Forums

everyone I know in california who isn't a rich jew, boomer, LGBT, or illegal immigrant hates it here

There's no way CA is worse than a real shithole like West Virginia, Mississippi, or Arkansas

Cali is unironically filled with trannies. Who would want to live there?

If its so bad, why do people want to buy real estate there?

To hook up with qt bois duh

what's so bad about those states other than being "boring"?

Because normalfags are stupid and would sacrifice a shit ton of money to live somewhere with no weather

>has consistently held the position of state with the worst quality of life for six years

because I work here

California is literally paradise. All you need is 3 million dollars and you can live like a KING.
Imagine living in a beautiful state where it's literally sunny every day and it's always nice and perfectly hot. You can go to the beach, you can go to Arizona, you can go to Mexico. There is so much to do in California itself. I wish I lived there.

checked
we may not have hurricanes but there's like 23 wildfires every year

We had a thread on this yesterday. I'll try to find the archive.

Essentially, what's happening is a top to bottom fuckup of the market.

Real Estate Agents have piss poor pricing skill,
Tax assessors overvalue property to get more revenue,
Banks don't give a shit how overpriced the home is because all they see is dollar signs, and it's all fueled by boomers who were once peasants, and now they have overvalued property that's made them cash rich overnight. So they go around overpaying for homes that aren't worth half what they paid, therefore giving people the false impression that the market has jumped in value.

it's miserable

Then the democrat majority state government does another tax hike and that money disappears. CA is not worth the hassle.

>ranked 19 in 2019
I don't mean you specifically. If people are ready to buy real estate at ridiculous prices, then something must be attracting them.

>No high paying jobs
>Atrocious weather
>Poor quality of food
>Crumbling infrastructure
>Rampant meth abuse
>Fatasses everywhere
>MS is nearly 40% nig

Imagine paying that much for a house. You can get 2 McMansions for that price.

Attached: A2021D60-AE90-4CC5-BD4B-76D64CD139DE.png (1242x2208, 3.84M)

>pay 1.6m to live in hayward
kek

3 million dollars isn’t close enough to live like a king you stupid leaf, you dumbfucks are just encouraging the justification of these prices

It’s the hills of Hayward. It’s a lot better compared to the rest of Hayward but it’s buttfuck expensive to live in the hills.

Folsom is boomer Mcmansion town. If your moving in that area, Move up the hill a bit towards Placerville. It's cheaper, out of the valley (you don't want to be there when it's 108 degrees and air quality is poor) and there are far fewer niggers/spics.

Maybe California is some great paradise, but I refuse to deal with the people there on a daily basis. I would rather live in say Grand Rapids Michigan, Colorado Springs, or Amherst Massachusetts.

~30m beaners that shouldn't be there hoovering up all the housing

Just stay away from the Bay Area and LA.

It's where all the pedo elite lurk so nobody can live there except them.

>California is expensive

Hmm. I live in Montauk New York. That house price is cute.

Attached: Screenshot_20190831-085112.png (760x1214, 820K)

It's not THAT bad here.
it is shitty in LA if you don't own a home, but at least I can drive to the beach, desert, mountains, forests all within 40 minutes. And the food is incredible.
That being said, I plan on moving back east when I have enough money saved.
pic related is the absolute cheapest you're going to find in a neighborhood that isn't Compton/East LA.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 10.36.48 AM.png (1328x571, 823K)

God damn I love living in the South

because china bought it shorting it to americans

Reseda is a shithole for sure.

That's a chill ass house

Quantitative Easing.

Attached: Houses for Non-Degenerates (2).png (1520x1005, 1.77M)

>I can drive to all these places in 40 minutes meme
Yeah, maybe at 12AM.
>food is incredible
It's incredibly overpriced, and made by spics.

>why?
It’s fucking easy to understand
>double the population from 17 million in 1980 to 40 million in 2018, but the amount of housing built in the entire state is less than Houston
>tax the shit out of people
>put immense regulations that require 30,000$ permits to simply modify your own house
>give out welfare like candy
>most of the land is state or federal property preventing people from building
>most of California is desert and mountains
Why?
>people want high housing value
>people want cheap labor
>people feel bad for muh dumb low iq immigrants

holy fucking shit

$550,000 is a steal in California. That house would cost 2M ore more in most of the state

That’s a 25M house in most of California

>chill
get out

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_the_United_States_by_state#California
>California in 2017 had an oversized share of the nation's homeless: 22%, for a state whose residents only make up 12% of the country's total population. The California State Auditor found in their April 2018 report Homelessness in California, that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development noted that "California had about 134,000 homeless individuals, which represented about 24 percent of the total homeless population in the nation”[34] The California State Auditor is an independent government agency responsible for analyzing California economic activities and then issuing reports.[35] The Sacramento Bee notes that large cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco both attribute their increases in homeless to the housing shortage.[35] In 2017, homeless persons in California numbered 135,000 (a 15% increase from 2015).[36]
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_poverty_rate#States,_federal_district_and_territories
>Poverty rate: 13.3%,
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_educational_attainment
>% high school graduate: 82.5%
>city-journal.org/html/california-poverty-capital-15659.html
>according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Unfortunately, California, with 12 percent of the American population, is home today to roughly one in three of the nation’s welfare recipients. The generous spending, then, has not only failed to decrease poverty; it actually seems to have made it worse.
Not to mention the tax rates, regulations, cost of doing business, housing costs,...

just become an airline pilot

>live anywhere
>commute to wherever the flying is
>work 12-17 days a month and cheat on your wife on the road if you want, she'll never catch you
>be loyal family man at home, raise many successful white children

Ok dude I'm zoning out anyway. See ya.

Attached: 1565889746778.jpg (725x683, 49K)

It literally has the lowest standard of living out of any US state.

California only has beautiful coasts and great climate for it. Mississippi has shit climate and a lot of niggers, but for $550,000 you can own acreage, a big home, a small home on the property for extended family and afford to fly to any coast you want at any time.

Because they're Jews, trannies, and white liberal faggots who want to be with their kind.

literally any city qualify for over half of what you listed.

It's Northside though. Sure there's a Whole Foods and some very nice shopping and dining nearby. Like right down the street even. However, not much further down that street, it's nigger central and the Kroger where people are robbed or carjacked and their children killed.

Democrats and jews. They push communism on any state they hold a firm grip on.

Not to far of an experience compared to Memphis, just gotta know where not to go

>It's incredibly overpriced, and made by spics.
Maybe if you have some minimum wage shit job.
>Yeah, maybe at 12AM.
Not where I live.
It is. It's not Compton, but Reseda does look like a third world country.

Oh it's just a tad safer than Memphis. Killings are going up in Jackson but they're not random. It's just nigs killing nigs who have wronged them in some way. Property crime is the big one here. Oh and as far as the little boy being killed, his mother had no business being out past 10 at night with him on a school night. She was a dumb bitch anyway.

Is this Mollie Tibbet's father?

you are a fucking snow monkey I am a native Californian and this place is a shithole

Rich neoliberals drive the prices up and then vote for policies to keep it that way while pretending they’re altruist. Btw it’s not too expensive in the rural parts of the state

That price isn't particularly expensive, I guess the location is far from anything?

Lol the house i grew up in cost 7.2 mil, that is nothing

That's cause you are a social outcast

lmao any white in the state who isn't into self deprecating humor to appease spics and chinks

Rent you rent nigger.

Rent pays off if you live on a cheap state, you absolute communist.

That's an error you retard.

#Niggers

its not that its shit its that everyone and everything has gone down the drain the roads are all crap filthy homeless everywhere and the rest well its all spics jamming up the roads and ding dong robbery niggers. My grandparents pictures of old LA show a paradise of farmland and good weather now its just a broken asphalt and concrete wasteland. ill be gone for good to idaho in december

No, I live in Southern California. It fucking sucks. If you don't like 5 minutes from the coast, you may as well live in the middle of the fucking desert. You also have to be rich to live on the coast. If you're going to spend twice as much to live in a fucking desert, go live in Utah, where it's almost all white.

LA is mostly a shit hole but the food IS good. I'm not going to lie about it.
I'm still moving out first chance I get.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 3.34.19 PM.png (823x544, 1.03M)

California is what people think of when people think of America.

It's what every 20 something millenial strives for.

and when you get to the beach pch is crammed with idiot tourists, every beach crammed with spics and gas is always 5 dollars a gallon

I miss Pennsylvania so much though.
What's so bad about WV? I drove through it and it's beautiful.

Attached: sad food helper.png (619x453, 5K)

In a lot of ways it was a desirable place to live. Food, weather, beaches, mountains, redwoods, rivers, deserts, strong economy, great education opportunities for children etc.

A large portion of the US economy is there - Google, apple, facebook, paypal, ebay etc.

All the legal and illegal money floating around -

&

> Especially the weed industry inflated the costs. It was the first place in the country you could grow legally, & back when it was >$5000 a lb. With that in mind, people would pay crazy prices for shit properties. Things got out of hand quickly. Ordinances would go through, and property prices plummeted instantaneously. Everyone in a effected county would suddenly try to sell their property at the same time. And then no one buys.

The fires also exasperated things. People suddenly needed homes to live in, and less and less were available.

Not true at all. I was shocked at how spacious a lot of Venice Beach was.
Also, if you drive 20 extra minutes you can get to hidden beaches like El Matador.

Attached: el matador beach.jpg (712x400, 140K)

San Diego native here. My parents moved there in the 80s when houses were "only" about 200k before the demographic decline and greed was fully realized. They sold their little shitbox for 1.4 million and we moved to Michigan back in 2013

>State is 30% white
>Average person is not Lauren Conrad living in orange county, it's a Mexican teenager living in a shit apartment with 7 relatives in a shit area in LA
>shit houses in the desert are still like 500k
>house ownership rate is a lie because you have multiple mexican families living in the same house
>highest poverty rate adjusted for cost-of-living
>worst infrastructure in the country despite having no winter, fucking Michigan has better roads
>terrible commutes everywhere
>all of the "nice" areas are full of the most narcissistic Jewish/boomer NIMBYs that keep it impossible to build housing at any reasonable rate guaranteeing it will never get better until they all die off and the state is 20% white

Life is so much easier here, it's fucking ridiculous. I would have never had a chance of buying a house in California. How the fuck can a normal person come up with $300k for a down payment or afford a $10000/month mortgage? It's fucking insane. Meanwhile I bought a house 3 years after college here and I'm going to save up for a 2nd house in south carolina or similar.

try building something in this state though the permitting process is endless unless you have the cash to make some contributions my dad spent 6 years trying to move a property for a piece of land my parents own, he used to tell me he imagined how he would bomb the county offices... in minecraft

Hahaha, even after conversion, you can’t even buy a house in a shit part of Sydney for that much.
Average house price is $1m.

Cry some more and get a better job.

I am very good at hiding my power level. I have a comfy tech job and my coworkers just think I’m Ned Flanders

Retards not from here talk shit about it all the fucking time. The only people I've met who bitch about WV are brainlet urban/suburbanite dickheads and have never stepped foot in the state.

*property line*

There's lots of opportunities

That home would be 600k in Reno because everyone from Fagifornia is migrating here.

everything you said is correct except the desert and mountains part. we have a lot of land here that could very easily be developed into housing but instead they turn them into gigantic suburban shopping centers surrounded by apartments for spics and pajeets. we have land we just use it like retards

Because California is amazing. You’re a cuck if you believe the propaganda that the state is a shithole. Try living here for a few years (if you’re competitive enough to get hired and not fired into a decent job).

California taxes. California wages. California living.

>oh and tons of libs to trigger with a Trump sticker on my Prius

>great education opportunities for children
You're an idiot
LA unified School district has the lowest test scores in the entire nation.
You're the proof

Attached: a8d0d72746a76af172ea63d40e814978 (1).jpg (639x851, 84K)

I have lived here for 25 years the state is beautiful but the people here all deserve to die in Minecraft

>why is california so expensive
Literally just stupid zoning laws that serve no purpose other than making housing expensive

It would be more edgy if you put a trump sticker on a ford, specifically a raptor

>implying a Bolshevik would have a problem with commiefornia

Well YOUR people did cause this, goy.

the state is perfect except for the cost of living, homeless addicts, aging liberals, over-bearing state and local government, shitty highways and techtards buying all the property. California was nicer in any other decade probably except the 00's and 10's

yeah its not fun feeling like you live behind enemy lines. paying out the ass in gas tax so they can build trains to nowhere listen to the mayor of LA talk out his ass about how hes solving the homeless problem. i was born here im 3rd generation everyone i know wants out or is out

demographics

WEEEEEEE

Attached: 1A53FE90-E57B-48DD-80E0-3031723F91C8.jpg (1000x750, 880K)

>Because California is amazing. You’re a cuck

Then why is everyone leaving, cuck?

Yeah but now you live in Michigan

People like me who were little kids in the 90s barely got to experience what it was like when it was a functioning state. Now it’s overrun by brown people who are here for gibs and absolutely despise the native population

You can't even buy a tiny 2 bedroom apartment in a shared building in Tel Aviv for that price.

Michigan would be 1000x better. I would take the weather in Michigan any day over the collapse of civilization in California

You don't need 3M leaf. I did it with 200k. I'm like an hour from Big Bear and an hour and a half from San Diego or 1 hour from LA.

Oy vey can you please take back some of the Jews who are ruining my state

>tel aviv
it's your own fault honestly