Can an atheist be a right winger?

Attached: 2015RLS2_640x320_facebook_atheist.jpg (640x320, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SzAe8R0wz-M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilitarianism#Criticisms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. If you don't believe in god, go vote dem.

Attached: D96E71F1-48FD-48EF-B586-5FE13A2315FA.jpg (933x621, 83K)

yes.
religion and politics are separate things.
religion deals with metaphysical.
politics deals with physical.

Attached: 524E4882-D352-4DEF-A384-1CE2D0A75CC8.jpg (800x1168, 157K)

Can a jew worshipper be a right winger?

Attached: nietzsche.jpg (773x1024, 165K)

Ask the Nazis

Christian=white. They’re the same thing.

Probably not. The real question is why.

Sub-Saharan Africa disagrees.

Nazis were very close to our beliefs. The even expected a second revolution against the bourgeoisie, but Hitler failed to deliver. In the end, the bourgeois snake will always betray you.

Only 15%

Attached: 1553733851551.png (640x926, 82K)

You can definitely be a right wing atheist. I'm more agnostic leaning myself and as of late I'm starting to think that there is some omnipotent presence in the universe that we can't fully understand, but I have not become any more or less right leaning than when I was simply an atheist.

This. Also there is more to the metaphysical than just Christianity.

Based and red pilled.

Black Christians are welcome allies. Don’t get too triggered, libtard.

Depends on country and culture. Over here it's the Christian right wingers don't really exist at all.

> t. nu-pol blue pilled faggot

Yeah I am one.

no

Abrahamic religions are proto-communism.

I'm one. Believing in a god isn't rational.

I'm a soft deist, don't find supporting evidence that humans possess some supernatural soul, in preference that humans and other lifeforms derive consciousness from causal physical processes in the brain.

I support gun ownership, oppose abortion, and think taxes are a form of social bribery. I dislike the pro-israel positions of neo-cons, as such sentiments are often vocal of warfare and commend young Americans to die by writ of rich chicken hawks.

Emmanuel Kant, Machiavelli, Fyodor Dostoevsky, and Renee Descartes, I find to be the most sensual and realistic commentators on human experience and political thinking.

Why not? To be on the political right means to value freedom over equality.

I am atheist and (5,0) on the political spectrum
I have a garden, I lift 4 days a week, I shoot guns, closed borders, etc etc
Will answer questions

Without any metaphysical moral foundation, you'll fall into nihilism and slide toward some arbitrary worldview looking for some semblance (anything) of meaning and values to fill the void.

The problem is though, once you've lost your soul, it's very hard to get it back. But you took that route when you threw away your cultural values for liberalization and "freedom" from God.

Attached: dostoyevsky.jpg (850x400, 31K)

youtu.be/SzAe8R0wz-M

Imagine being this retarded. Theists in the US are dying out in droves and your brilliant statement is "if you don't believe in God go vote dem". You are so dumb it's painful.

It's not a choice really. I just honestly don't understand how being religious even works. It would be just larping.

>only proof is bible and some quote
Every time.

>implying non believers don't have values
>inb4 highly biased pictures trying to depict the entire demographic is bad

Stay salty.

Attached: NPCskull - Copy (2).png (672x482, 566K)

Fpbp

no!

Attached: athistpainting.gif (291x229, 1.43M)

sure but he'll always be a retard no matter what.

Of course you can!
Take the Catholics for example!

Attached: Screenshot_52.png (958x604, 1.25M)

Yeah the chinese

Where do you values come from and are they eternally truthful?
If so, what makes them that way outside of yourself?

>Religion isnt an arbitrary system of meaning and values to fill the void
I see the social utility in it but I've come to the same conclusions about morality and what is good for our species without the idea of burning in hell

We can empirically come up with our own human-made values based around things like empathy and utilitarianism as an example.

Nothing is eternally truthful. I know that you theists love to proclaim that you holy book is literally the one true word of god even though there's no definite proof that it is. If you don't have proof beyond a reasonable doubt that you literally possess the word of god, then your biblical values are no more eternally truthful than any other values that anyone else comes up with.

How can they be anything else now that leftists have become the doormat of Islam? They’re not so stupid they don’t at least see value in cultural Christianity, surely?

They come from a compromise of what is best for me and those around me
>Do not kill thy neighbor
But why?
Because maybe your neighbor is the local blacksmith and without him you won't have swords to defend yourself from the other religion

*tips fedora*

Attached: atheist3.jpg (689x1000, 202K)

>posting from an eastern european shithole
>expecting anyone to take you seriously

>We can empirically come up with our own human-made values based around things like empathy and utilitarianism as an example.
empirically explain the utilitarian value of pic related

>compromise
look at the wonders "compromising" has done for our society!
let's continue to "compromise" with gun rights till there's no rights left to compromise with.
then we'll "compromise" your right to exist since they'll come a time when what's best for mine and everyone else is if you just stopped existing.

compromise is the slow trainwreck that got us into clown world in the first place.

Attached: Literal Demon.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

seething

that god doesn't exist IS a discovery of the right wing, moron. especially of the libertine philosophical movement (vanini, gassend, etc)

You can be a utilitarian while still disagreeing with certain values that non-theists agree with. Values systems are not lumped together and are not binary. Nice try though.

Invisible Man In The Sky tells the truth

Attached: 20181018_112157.jpg (440x301, 27K)

haha no you can't.
it's the primary critique (and failure) of utilitarianism. it's been tried and laughed at because of widely varying axiologies and the inability to "empirically" quantify any of this shit. it's the same reason we have markets to figure out the price of bread or how much getting your dick sucked is worth. and we still struggle with determining value of things even with everyone's input.

here's a free lesson:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilitarianism#Criticisms

>posts soulless NPC meme
>doesn't believe in souls
>criticizes people who believe in souls
what did the materialist mean by this?

Attached: question .gif (1080x1080, 504K)

Sure...if they are a neocon

>nothing is eternally truthful
What do you stand for,atheist? Why do you continue on living?

Theists are just gay as gays. If you believe in god you are obviously retarded and that makes you a left winger.

Yes, you can. Just because it's difficult to quantify utility doesn't mean that the system isn't superior to the theistic position of pretending that your book is the one true word of god.

Your argument is essentially "Utilitarianism is imperfect therefore we can't use it, but my holy book is perfect therefore we're going to follow it blindly and conveniently cherry pick and interpret it cleverly when it suits our needs".

Utilitarianism can be reasonably applied using democracy. People are told certain policy positions by leaders, they asses their happiness utility and vote based on what they approve of. No system is perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than the Christian position of saying that "the bible says this therefore we must do it" while turning a blind eye to people who are blatant adulterers and absolutely shit all over the ten commandments and the other biblical teachings.

Why do you think that your system of Christian values is superior to all others. Why do you think forcing females to essentially be property to their husbands is the best possible way to organize society? How could you possible justify taking away the freedom of about 50% of the human race is a good thing?

I find it hilarious that a bunch of the posters are mostly uneducated, ass backwards Eastern Europeans with shit education systems that are believers. this is why no one takes your inferior countries seriously.

It amazes me how retarded Americans can’t understand their own language. I say theist are retarded gays and your take is that I’m a theist. Stop breeding with nigger before turning into literal monkeys desu

Yes. That's me, though I tell everyone I'm Catholic and defend religion and God.

Lmfao. My apologies. Have a pic of Christians being decadent as a pennance.

Attached: 1564233359847.jpg (2048x1366, 739K)

Depends on the culture.
Religion is important for those who have no culture, however if you have Christian morals than you can be a atheist.

>democracy
We're flawed user. We're not perfect valuators of value. We make irrational choices and value judgements.

Also, democracy isn't the bee's knees. Having 51% of the people value killing off the 49% is an intrinsic flaw; especially when you can engineer outcomes quite easily and thus engineer value just as easy in this kind "democratic utilitarian utopia". It's fundamentally arbitrary and relative, and thus not truthful.

In regards to your beloved empiricism, there's no physicality to abstract/metaphysical things: you can't empirically prove the mind, or mathematics, or freedom. Fundamentally, there is no empiricism to abstract value. At best for some values you can survey people but it'll be as useful as a pain chart i.e. not objective.

Attached: pain.jpg (199x250, 5K)

>religion and politics are separate things.
Why dumbasses like this exist?