Plato's republic

Currently reading it rn. Is it based and redpilled? What this your favorite quote from it?

Attached: 1566414271351.jpg (250x173, 10K)

Attached: ff02a659-5298-4cdf-866c-f957463ac27e.jpg (224x225, 8K)

That dude touched kids, have fun

it's based.. wouldn't remember a specific quote without looking it up.. but that's not what I took away from it. Favorite part was the discussion on how to educate a perfect society. It's a quick read.. enjoy

The hermit philosopher making the best king was pretty redpilled

We are implementing some parts of it already. We sent our kids to schools to be raised and taught by someone else. They spent most of their time away from their parents, but we still hold connections with them.

Germanic apathy boots their kids at 18 so they are a step ahead. Now about each of us providing special resources would be kinda hard since we have a fuck ton of automation and the whole thing about removing all bad represetations of god beind bad and stuff is literally the government of China destroying all of their temples and the well known western fact of Though police.

We already living in the Platos republic and we don't even know it.

“Wealth is the parent of luxury and indolence, and poverty of meanness and viciousness, and both of discontent.”

Fuck him.

Attached: 2886.jpg (500x367, 44K)

Ok memeflag. Fuck off to another board then

My favorite of all time: the Allegory of the Cave, which leads to the understanding that Adolf Hitler was right.

Aristotle is better. Read Aristotles books on politics. Everything happening in the world will make sense once you read them. He talks about mass migration and the effects of it, what happens when you prioritize woman over men, the effects of wealth redistribution, how mass democracy turns into tyranny, wealth distribution, and egalitarian extremism etc. He even talks about abortion and pretty much everything you could ever think of. Reading his 4 books on politics was the best thing I've ever done when it comes to making sense of whats happening. It even applies to china and most other countries right now.

Hi paul

The cave is a solid analogy. I have to ask where are you from? You're flag is very rare.

>What this your favorite quote from it?
All niggers are men
Socrates is a man
Therefore Socrates is a nigger

Op is a follower phaggot
Just end it now

Finished Republic and wasn't too convinced on it

Any particular Aristotle books / translations you recommend?

Aristotle is better, but I'm always amazed how Plato was able to predict every major political movement for 2,000 years

Attached: a shy knight.png (195x189, 94K)

God, Danes are almost as bad as Leafs. You guys and swedes are just European Canadians.

Oxford Press does a great job on translations

Complete works of Aristotle the revised oxford translation. I believe volume 2 contains the books on politics. It takes away to get into because he starts from very beginning. Defining what a society is etc but eventually he covers everything from different types of governments, what there strengths are, their weaknesses, the revolutions that cause them, how to maintain each as long as possible and hundreds of other things. Honestly I have to go back and re read it all the time becuase there is so much to those books.

Is it all of his works compiled into two volumes (Philosophy, Poetics, etc)?

>power would corrupt these "philosophers"
/thread

yeah exactly. He talks about everything. Would take a lifetime to read and understand everything he thought and wrote about. I've only read his books on politics so far. Going to read about memory and learning next.

>intro class for English (Gen Ed requirement)
>professor keeps rambling about how great Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle were, how we still use their ideas, etc
>obviously a huge Plato fan
>obviously didn't realize that most of what we about Socrates is from Plato's butchering and Aristotle was Plato's bum-boy
>before the second class, go to the supermarket
>buy a whole chicken
>put it on his desk and tell him "BEHOLD, PLATO'S MAN!"
>tells me to "get the fuck out of [his] class."
Already reported him to the Dean and I'm planning to sue him for verbal abuse

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (167x301, 5K)

It IS based. All SS officials would carry a copy of it with them

Just looked at which one i bought for my kindle. It's the complete works of Aristotle revised oxford edition edited by Jonathan Barnes.

Brainlet

Attached: downloadfile-77.jpg (474x535, 31K)

Yeah, straight into their hairless mediterranian boypussies. Horrific.