How would a gun buyback work in America...

How would a gun buyback work in America? We're capitalist so the buyback price would have to exceed the value of the firearm, and even then most people would just hide their favorite guns

Attached: Joker-engraving2.jpg (1512x1512, 738K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-shooting/113075749/over-500-guns-handed-in-since-ban-but-others-might-not-surrender-them
reason.com/2018/12/20/new-jerseys-gun-owners-do-not-seem-eager/
youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It wouldn't but you get your offer before the state considers you a criminal.

we will live long enough to see a shitskin majority vote us into a dystopian nation, destroying America forever because they are too stupid to understand the idea of what America used to be when it was a 90%+ white nation.

most of your dad's were born when America was 90%+ white if they are 50+ now. just think about how fucked up that is. born into a different world.

Give a man a gun and he will rob a bank
Give a man society and he will go crazy HAHAHAHA FUCK YOU VERONICA

Attached: 1567379921332.png (1177x901, 670K)

How many New Zealanders turned in theirs?

Live in Chicago for 1 whole year. If you survive, come back and tell us how well strict gun laws work in this country.

>How would a gun buyback work in America?
It wont

it wouldn't. People would just sell their least favorite guns for a quick buck, but it wouldn't lead to any fewer gun owners.

gun buy back wouldn't work, people rather have
self protection, dialate and have sex.

Attached: Live turtles used as keychains in China.webm (640x480, 521K)

There isn't going to be any "buy back". The government can go fuck itself. They didn't sell anyone a gun they can even buy back, and they don't even have any fucking money that isn't stolen from us. Go fuck yourself, commie cunt

You take it to a pawnstore
They offer %15 of it's market value for used as-stock version of the same gun
You get annoyed
They offer %16
You just sell it cause you're tired of waiting for the online sale to go through; and this is the nth pawnshop you've gone too, and just fuck it man.

I heard a story once about a gun buyback. Some dude had home made guns from hardware store type supplies. Cost him like $50 a gun. He took them to the buyback and got a couple hundred each for them.

Attached: 3404937E-549A-4B55-8DD0-5263A4ED103F.jpg (366x376, 27K)

There are millions of funs sold a year at upwards of 200 bucks a pop minus private sales
Plus ammo
Plus ten years
So
*flips clipboard pages*
A lot

How did I know the seller would be Asian, probably Chinese, before I ever loaded the video?

It wouldnt. The us couldn't and wouldn't fork out the BILLIONS of dollars that would take.

It wouldn't. People would literally sell their shittiest gun, take the money and buy a better one.

The government never owned my guns to begin with, calling it a buy back is just faggot talk. It's gun confiscation with some compensation.

At $200 it is about 80 billion to buy every gun back, obviously some are worth a lot more and many are worth less, I'd say $200 billion would be a fair estimate, but that's assuming complete compliance. DoD budget was almost $700 billion, so folding it into the DoD by claiming it is a defense issue would seem fine to normies. An extra $100 billion to fight the alt right? Soccer mom's would love that shit, a war they can finally get behind

Its simple buyback starts in 2020 $100 per gun and in 2021 guns become illegal you can add flavors on which guns should be in the buyback/ban program i dont care.

as long as they dont make murder illegal too we'll be ok

It wouldn't.

"Buyback" implies what I bought originally belonged to the government. What an insulting notion, in this nation that embraces individualism. Are we beginning to abandon that thought?

stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-shooting/113075749/over-500-guns-handed-in-since-ban-but-others-might-not-surrender-them
Only 530 have been turned in out of an estimated 1.5 million.
That's around 0.03% compliance rate. That's better than the Aussies that had a 20% compliance rate, iirc.

My city had a feel-good gun buyback where a handful of college liberals and bleeding hearts took grandpa's shotgun down to be put in a grinder in exchange for some of our tax dollars. $75 for handguns, rifles, and shotguns, $100 for "assault rifles".
They got 415 firearms and used $30k of citizens' money. Dealers and private buyers lined up to outbid the offers after the first buyback after Sandy Hoax so they weren't allowed at this one.

>"Anaya said most of those participating in the buyback program were turning in inherited guns or firearms that were no longer used."

They can buyback my guns at $72 million each.

This is the only response aside from RWDMilitia firing squads.

something like this if the government is in charge

Attached: gun_buy_back.png (645x422, 468K)

>How would a gun buyback work in America?
People would sell their unwanted guns and bury the keepers

I personally would build as many pipe shotguns, which for the definition of a firearm, are
Completely legal to make, and can be had for pennies.

Once the local coffers are empty I’d have to move on to another area and start again.

The guys who would really rake in the cash are the Jow Forumstards. They have a bunch of Mosin-Nagants which are worth about eighty bucks a piece, and those are the "good" ones. I'd sell them to the feds all day at $200 per.

reason.com/2018/12/20/new-jerseys-gun-owners-do-not-seem-eager/

New Jersey banned magazines and nobody turned any in. Apparently it was like 7 in the entire state for a while.

Sounds like those college kids got a week's worth of free lunch for turning in Grandpa's broken double barrel.

>mosin
>80 bucks

Lmao fucking boomers

Attached: 20190905_183916.png (500x375, 238K)

Attached: 1567718380241.jpg (1072x1340, 1.21M)

They buy back my old and broken magazines I don't want anymore

Jow Forums has done that multiple times.
Sometimes they buy them, sometimes they reject them.

I admit, it might be on the high side. Make it fifty.

It wouldnt simple as that, just another stupid kike spouting more nonsense

>How would a gun buyback work
It wouldn't

Buy back? They didn’t own it in the first place. Also no I wouldn’t hand in a fucking thing I’d grab guns go innawoods.

Attached: 4692E29C-E04F-4C3C-9980-363B2ED992AA.jpg (640x480, 171K)

>200 for a moist nugget
nigger, you're not getting moist for less than 700 dollars. this is literally a machine of war.

Week 1 legislation is passed
Week 2 day 1 suit is filed in lower courts
Legislation is deemed unconstitutional.
Pretty much that, it wouldn't even reach SCOTUS - hell, that's if it passed in the first place.
If it reached SCOTUS it would be ruled unconstitutional 7-2 most likely.
IIRC 9th Circus has been keeping CCW cases away from SCOTUS because they know they would be ruled unconstitutional - although I haven't been following any of it as of late.

This is the best Joker. Heath Letter wishes he could do this
youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM

>Aussies that had a 20% compliance rate
Jesus wept. Say it aint so, my aussie friends.

Attached: 1517369842205.jpg (526x701, 50K)

Fuck that I’m not getting rid of my garbage rod ,it’s a historical piece and my first raifu.

Attached: 5F96B9EB-F066-4439-B04A-44F5E1576830.jpg (4032x1689, 2.42M)

Well, it's a machine, I'll grant you that. But so is my blender, and I wouldn't trust my life to that, either.

Attached: mein kek.jpg (228x309, 15K)

it wouldn't work.
suppose, for the sake of argument, that everyone was cool with such a thing.
they couldn't afford it.
pic related.

Attached: guns.jpg (630x675, 338K)

no one cares nigger. shitty memeflag.

It’s not a buy back, the government never owned the guns in the first place so they can’t buy them back. This is basically gun confiscation with an exchange of money.

1. It isn't a buy back. How can they buy "back" something they never owned in the first place? It is mandatory confiscation.

2. I will just hide my good guns and manufacture as many of pic related as possible. It is a 100% legal, 100% functional pipe shotgun. They must "buy it back" from me according to their own rules. I could make several every night. I'm going to rake in $50,000 and keep my AR-15s.
My guns will never ve illegal, they will simply be "undocumented".

Attached: 14067709_618230478346447_4354649550812309891_n.jpg (1862x1048, 196K)

Machinist mcskills

(You)

it is not a buyback if the feds never sold them to begin with
its just incentivized confiscation.

Attached: ar15.jpg (3024x4032, 1.64M)

I will gladly sell back any and all weapons that the United States government has sold to me.

The days of $100 Nuggets are long gone. SKS are also going up in value now too.

Reminder: You're here forever.

Unironically want this gun to ironically own it.

She's a beaut. Skipped school to buy my mosin on my 18th birthday. Love her so much. Now I hardly get a chance to shoot. Cherish the memories, user.

Buybacks have been done before here, and heavily exploited.
some autist on K made over 100 slamfire shotguns from steel pipes with wood scraps for stocks, labeled them with meme versions of real gun brands and models.
Made a nice profit, one of his creations made it on news coverage of the buyback.
That may or may not be one of his creations, but that is essentially what people sell to the government when they try buybacks.

>now
quality post.

It's not even an "Exchange". They stole the money from us to begin with, and now they think they can buy our God given rights with some of it? lmao, get fucked feds.

I got mine from a random Jow Forumsommando I met in a state thread. Didn’t know his name, haven’t seen him since. Cash in a parking lot like god intended.

Attached: 87D0C45B-1E92-4DDC-8836-6BA9D03E3050.jpg (4026x1934, 2.92M)

Commie bullshit

Tax deduction for double the gun market value. Government spends no money. You just keep more of what you earned.

Value and price are two different things.
Something can be sold for a million dollars, but if it's worth fifty bucks, it's worth fifty bucks. They're not anything special as far as engineering or design is concerned and they were produced in the zillions. Because of this, they're neat old pieces, but they're worth about fifty bucks.

>boomer cuck cope skills

The kind of guns turned in mostly look like pic related, the picture of a guy you see destroying decent looking guns is propaganda.

Attached: 9845c1c7678a4be7c5cff42e57331c09.jpg (480x360, 44K)

The Ak is a fine design sperg, but variety is the spice of life.

Attached: D8D83C0B-5DA8-4309-94F4-829D3007203C.jpg (4032x1638, 2.12M)

What something is “worth” has a ton of factors and most of them are subjective. You can value a gun by its weight in metal i guess. But thats a very dumb way of approaching it. Generally speaking what something is worth is what a market on average is willing to pay for it.

>cant think outside if internet memes

Well people handed in absolute junk. Like worn out barrels old shotguns and 22 rifles. Basically they couldn't have sold it to anyone because it was junk then the government offered huge money to buy them. 0.02 percent of all guns handed in were so called assault rifles. Yet import statistics suggest that there was likely 3.5 to 5 million military style semi automatic rifles imported. And they never got handed in. Some states didn't even record import statistics. The government maintains a meme like oh we got all the guns blah blah blah. There's only 250k unregistered guns. Blah blah blah. . Realistically there are fucking millions. Plus we only check like 0 .5 percent of shipping containers that enter Australia. So there is a steady flow. Basically it didn't work. ... Also understand that registration lead's to confiscation. Don't tell anyone what you have. And you would be a fucking idiot not to have a small stash of rifles burried in the woods Just in case.

>1 post by this ID
Friendly reminder not to give the FBI ideas on how to confiscate guns.

Im glad i got my nuggets in 09ish when it was still a free for all. 95$ with all acessories.

>government-mandated buyback
>capitalist

how many neurons has AOC taken from you?

Yeah and the Mona Lisa painting has like $5 worth of canvas and paint in it. Your logic is flawed.

Btw you can 3d print any gun now.

Attached: 1559068778145.jpg (695x341, 67K)

Even if people don't comply you are still stuck with a gun you can never take out of hiding and enjoy. Shooting is a highly perishable skill. Having an AR-15 tucked away that you haven't shot in 15 years means you will suck at using it when the time comes.

keep in mind some parts wont last long at all unless they are actually made of metal.

Yes but how much will the feds pay me for my guns?

Checked.
OK, let's take a look at the nugget as a rifle, one you might use in a modern situation rather than shooting Germans in the 1940's. After all, Jow Forumstards are endorsing it as an innawoods gun, not a wallhanger.
Heavy.
Slow to reload.
Low rate of fire.
Poorly, occasionally miserably machined.
Inaccurate (again, by the standards of the current era)
No interchangeable parts with modern firearms. (i.e. no scavenging in an emergency)
Ammo is also not scavengeable (unless you find another Mosin owner's stash)
Don't get me wrong, I get a kick out of all my Mosins, but I'm a realist as to their actual worth. They're pretty much the last gun (except for my .375 H&H double rifle) I'd grab going out the door in an emergency.

No.
See

Correct. But what is the alternative? Im only talking from experience and was only trying to help mate... better to have one then to have been a boot licking mut who hands it in when they get banned

You realize that like 75% of the pictured parts need to be metal to make a functioning gun, right? A plastic slide would not work at all. It would be way too light. The breach would unlock before the bullet has left the barrel, the bullet case would rupture, and your hands and face/eyes would be fucked up.
That is ignoring the plastic barrel that is way too thin and the plastic firing pin that would just bend before it detonated a primer etc. There are like 100 reasons why that won't work. It is just a mock up of a glock.

In California they offered as flat price. Guys went out and bought guns from people at just over the govt offer.
There were also people who sold a bunch of homemade garage muskets they threw together for fifteen bucks each to profit from the flat price.

The alternative is revolution when they try to take the guns. That literally was the catalyst for the American Revolutionary War. At Lexington and Concord British troops came to confiscate rifles from a local militia and got shot the fuck up. That is what kicked off the war.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord

Attached: 1434790988099.jpg (625x346, 48K)

Im buying PVC pipe and am going to wrap 2 or 3 of my Ar-15s and place them in the pipe seal it and bury them on my farm along with 1000 rounds.

1000 rounds is nothing. Why do people act like 1000 rounds is some massive weapins cache? It is like 4 trips to the gun range for practice.

Nice AK! I have a numbers matching Bulgarian AK-74. Also, is that a Molot Bakelite? I have one too. Mine is 45 rounds.

Attached: 20190218_133211.jpg (2016x980, 455K)

homie I was an 11b for a decade. I know 1000 rounds is nothing. Its more of a bugout bag if things go south. I can repress the cartridges if need be.

>That is what kicked off the war.
And that's what will kick off the second one.

Attached: 1551189135145.png (753x519, 474K)

why do people do this to their guns?
Legendary skin OCD?

Nice, yeah but it doesn’t have the shield marking so it was likely a Bulgarian contract mag. I have a Bulgy kit as well. Waiting on some wood handguards from Ukraine.

Attached: 64877D1B-7B46-499E-857B-F4C12EAB2A9B.jpg (4032x3024, 3.97M)

easy on the tidepods shitbird

Because it is fun. After you have a few black rifles it starts to get boring.

Hi newfag

Attached: T9bCWCQ.jpg (888x499, 84K)

My buddy did the same thing. He has like 10 Ar-s so he had a custom paint job on one of them that looks awesome. Its theme is zombies which sounds gay but his son wanted that theme so he did it.

Exactly. They want to BUY BACK a gun they didn't SELL with OUR OWN money. Tyranny.

Zombies sounds kinda gay but an Ar pistol cerakoted like a nerf gun would be cool, especially with orange translucent mags.

pic is a lot of work for a fad gun.......why?

this happened in Dallas a few years back, they caught on and stopped buying them, then stopped the whole buyback and called it a failure

I think I can get an AR-15 but it would be limited as fuck in terms of ammo.
imagine being a depraved leaf like me that has to live with a maximum of 5 bullets per rifle cartridge.