Dropping out of society

I tried both university and a trade, but hated both of them so I dropped out. I have no friends and no girls are interested in me. My parents are disappointed in me.

Besides suicide, it seems living off the grid is my only option left. I'm 22 years old and have $25,000.

Where do I start? Does anyone here have any experience or plans of just dropping everything and starting up a homestead of some sort? I just want to get away from this shitty and disappointing world, to reconnect with nature and myself.

Attached: log-cabin-960x588.jpg (960x588, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=G-bEnfTJR2A
lockpickworld.com/collections/skeleton-keys/products/polaris-rakes-the-most-effective-rake-set-ever
youtube.com/user/bakersgreenacres/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're too young. Do it when you're over 40. Make some more money, have kids then get out there.

I thought I might be too young to make a decision like this, but in the end I don't see how it's much different than enrolling in school. But I see your point.
My main problem with your suggestion though, is how the hell am I going to get a girl to go with me? Do you realize how vain and infantile women are these days? They would never leave their cushy lives.

everyone whos doing it is too busy living lmao
if you buy land the government is gonna jew tax you till your dry
meet people who have a lot of land and befriend them. they might let you stay and build for maintaining the land, safety, company, oddjobs, etc.
what kind of outdoors, off the grid experience do u have?
might want to get started with camping, thru hikes, etc.

Hang on till we get full VR it will get better.

Attached: 1564510122692.png (784x512, 212K)

You need to get busy, the more busy you are, the less you will be thinking about how shitty things are and getting depressed. Get an apprenticeship. I can think of several options:

Show up at a school bus depot and talk to lead mechanic there if they can take you on. You'll learn diesel mechanics.

Try to do the same with electrician field. Show up at a union house for electrical workers, talk to people.

Do same thing for construction, lots of skills can be gained building.

Get moving, get busy, start talking to people so you can build yourself and skills.

Maybe you're right.

It's actually extremely difficult to live with no electricity in a log cabin.

You don't have the skills to do it. You don't have the smarts to do it. You're a fucking retard.

holy shit bud you got $25k!? and you're only 22!? fuq, keep saving money and build your own empire outside of the system.
research and invest in real estate.
vacant land, camper, generator, well,
pic related would be down for that

Attached: 2d8d286554b806a189e722c16f25d79b.jpg (500x394, 36K)

25k, fuck that puts you in the top 1% in Ukraine

Attached: ukraine (1).jpg (1252x1080, 950K)

I can get 10 acres in the appalachian mountains and the property taxes will be less than $300 per year. It would be very easy to cover that selling veggies at the local farmer's market. The hard part is internet, electricity, and food for yourself.

Dunno how it works in the US but it's hard here unless you go super isolated because you don't own the land and someone will make you pay land tax anually or they'll eventually fuck you off.
Of course once you go that far away you probably die from a bad tooth infection or get paralysed by a tick or something.

Living off grid is harder than putting up with a 60 hour trade occupation.

Don't know what to tell you, other than I feel the exact same way as you, and that my plan is to just die of starvation someplace very far away from civilization.

>26
>Taking online classes after years of manual labor
>Living with post-wall gf I dont like anymore at her house
>No jobs in the area, poor 65% black town
>Will be getting a $1600 check in the next few weeks

What should I do?
Drive to a decent sized city and live in my car until I can work and afford a place?
What I'm doing right now isn't even living and it's getting to the point where I don't care if I die trying to get out of this hole

>extremely difficult to live with no electricity
It's fucking easy if you're not helpless retard.

living off the grid is a meme

Attached: file.png (567x425, 427K)

It's rare nowadays reading a post on here from someone who isn't a normalfag.

Assuming you got the IQ and are willing to work for yourself 25k can get you somewhere. Shit 70s, 80s, 90s RV $2k to 5k Solar panels and electricity under 5k. RV probably needs up grades 5k.

figure out how to use the last 10k to make money. Or do some sort of online/software development for rural businesses.

where do you live?

Life in a tent in the wilderness. Get a water filter and get water from a stream, and go to the store occasionally to get food, assuming you aren't entirely self-sufficient for food. You will probably need to get a bear bag or an ursack in order to prevent bears from getting into your food. Black bears hardly ever attack humans though, so bear attacks shouldn't be much of an issue unless your surviving somewhere where grizzlies are common. I would also avoid areas that have a high incidence of Lyme disease. If you want to still shitpost here, get a portable solar panel that you can use to charge a laptop, and get a mobile phone that you can use as a mobile hotspot.

>I can get 10 acres in the appalachian mountains and the property taxes will be less than $300 per year. It would be very easy to cover that selling veggies at the local farmer's market.
you'll make $50 a week max at a farmer's market. you'll pay half that to rent a space there.

Arbeit Macht Frei

CYA

Attached: going to ukraine.png (284x68, 26K)

>10 acres in the appalacians
show me a fucking listing

m.youtube.com/watch?v=G-bEnfTJR2A

Look up BRRR Strategy. You have more than enough for a down payment on some real estate. Just find a good deal. Even drop outs can do it.

Attached: static-large-01.png (1300x964, 259K)

can you pay for a well, infrastructure to commute to this farmer's market, solar panels and batteries, filtration, a bush hog to clear the area, buy the land and cover expenses for a building that is up to code, and buy livestock for $25,000?

Op when you suicide do a backflip

there are some but are so far in the woods with no infrastructure and at inclines on hills and mountainsides. not worth it unless you have $100,000.

Education and skills are needed of the grid user. But, if you're willing to put in the work, 25k would get you started really well if you bought a sailboat and a Shogun in the PNW. Many islands in the Salish that are uninhabited and full of food or you can plant your own. Waterfowl and fishing is good cheap and easy to hunt. And your quite mobile in a sailboat so you can always move on when you fuck something up. Weather is pretty decent too.

Attached: IMG_20190706_062040-01.jpg (1025x1366, 1.08M)

Fuck it, OP........
lockpickworld.com/collections/skeleton-keys/products/polaris-rakes-the-most-effective-rake-set-ever

Get a van you can live in, travel around and pickup new part time jobs across the country.

Where do you live, user? I am under the assumption you live in a metropolitan or suburban area. Have you ever tried to live in a rural area before? Maye work on a farm for room and board? Not to mention the kind of woman that lives there would be more receptive to living off grid.

>boomer posting

You know the funniest part about being in an office conga line?
When you look back and realize you're alone, and you're not in an office you're in the middle of the bush.
>Happiness is shared

I'm 24 with 30k. Stay strong its a rough grind to get the cash.

I have only seen people with a trade be able to pull off migrant work and o.p. said he dropped out. he'll end up sucking cock in California....

Maybe in Europe Kraut fool.

You have 25k usd
Buy chainlink brother
Work on yourself then women will be more attracted to you
Have kids
Then go off grid
Your still young
Thing about us men is we have time
We can be 45 and still meet a nice 20yr woman if we make ourselves better leaders and people
Also travel to Poland and Ukraine
Don't give up!

Enjoy catching your food if banging nails it too hard for you. How retarded do you have to be to fail in the trades?

this is the problem with zoomers.

It's a viable option in the states and many people homestead successfully.

Shits and gigs I have 2.1m and I’m 26. What autistic bunker can I build?

.....but, if you do get some land, this guy is really cool to keep up on. Very helpful, and bullshit free......
youtube.com/user/bakersgreenacres/videos

I have a friend whose father bought an abandoned missile silo in Nevada and converted it into a bunker/house. He was even on T.V. on a program for unique homes. he spent around $1.5 million I believe....

>bought a sailboat and a Shogun
What is a shogun?

This. If you plan on going off grid someday, you will need skills like these anyway. If you can learn some trade skills (especially construction/electrical/plumbing) before hand it will take the off grid difficulty level from about a 9 to a 5.

convert a vehicle into a mobile battlestation. bring:
>UPS hooked up to battery, charges from driving
>woodburning thermoelectric generator
>solar panels
>axe/tools/knife/rifle
>rainwater catching rigging

while you're still building your cabin you can live in your vehicle, for food forage/hunt/collect benefits

>living off the grid is a meme
Me, my wife and our 2 kids have been living off grid/homesteading since 2013. I work a part time job for a little extra cash and to pay property taxes, but we own the land. We built a 720sq/ft cabin and i built my own solar array. We didn't let the meme stay a dream.

Attached: 1496433595395.jpg (555x788, 178K)

> taxes
You ain't off the grid buddy

Attached: IMG_1169.jpg (500x373, 48K)

By your definition then, one would have to live some place like Antarctica to be off grid. Im off grid in the sense that i produce my own power, water and food. And we deal with our own waste. We are not dependent on the system for survival. If shit were to jit the fan, we would still have our needs met for many years. The only connection i have that could be "on grid" is my cellphone which i use for internet. And even that is just a luxury, entertainment, its not needed.

Southeast

Why don’t you just commit suicide? It’s much easier

>I tried both university and a trade, but hated both of them so I dropped out.

*Was too dumb to do both university and a trade
>I have no friends and no girls are interested in me.
*Was the kid who smelled bad and browsed 9gag in high school, repulsing even the autists

>My parents are disappointed in me.
*Everyone especially your entire race and ancestors

>Besides suicide, it seems living off the grid is my only option left.

No suicide is the only thing someone like you could succeed at, surprisingly

>I'm 22 years old and have $25,000.

Pathetic, I'm 19 and have $160,000, and my own house.

>Where do I start? Does anyone here have any experience or plans of just dropping everything and starting up a homestead of some sort? I just want to get away from this shitty and disappointing world, to reconnect with nature and myself.

Move to Africa

You're trying too hard kiddo. Btw nice reddit spacing and asterisks

Join the oil patch, make more money than tradies and school cucks. Marry a nice girl, have a big family, and promote the american ethno state.

D

i

l

a

t

e

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Buy a used, reliable van, load all your stuff in it and move to some place like Montana.
Find a small community and hire yourself out until you get your feet under you, get the literal lay of the land.
If you are willing to work you should find plenty of people wanting to use you.
You'll have good road and no Indians wanting your scalp, so show some hair and act like your great, great grandfather. Become a settler.
Unfortunately this plan requires being confident, young (which you are), adventurous, ambitious and open with others, and a willingness to meet new people, until you get your cabin and few acres. Maybe you can do it, but not if you don't think you can.
No charge for life advice.

Go read your Q drops boomer faggot you just posted cringe.

>You're too young
He mentions suicide as an option.
Why not try checking out first

>living off the grid
>$25,000.
Bruh. Hate to burst your bubble, but you need to minimum triple that number to start up a reasonably farmstead that is viable long term. Decent land (read: arable) is not going to come cheap, you would need minimum 10-15 acres (remember, an acre is only 43,560 sqft or a square ~209'x209') for a off grid/subsistence set up and even using the low end land price where I'm from (BFE midwest) you'd still be looking at ~$1k/acre for marginal stuff, so that's the majority of your budget right there, but that's only getting started. The cost of an average well is something like $7k, building any sort of non-shit structure will easily cost your entire bank roll, any sort of decent tools/machinery can easily run up $10-20k on the basic end, and building a road onto your property can easily run up a $20k+ bill depending on terrain. And you plan is what? to try making a living selling produce at the farmers market? Sorry bro, but you need to scrape together a lot more cash before this is anything more than a pipe dream.

Source: dad is farmer

Attached: 1560281303804.gif (192x197, 87K)

Where do you live now? Do you drive? Are you set on staying in the states? Do you have a passport?

Just start watching a lot of Varg and Owen Benjamin videos. Those guys were in the same situation you were and they made it happen. They'll show you how it'a done.

I'd recommend moving to Northern Canada. Land up north is cheap and you can disappear because towns are like 300km apart and it's just empty forest in between. Drive your car off the road and abandon it and no one will ever be able to find you.

Kys

>I'd recommend moving to Northern Canada.
Suicide is a better option t b h

I've checked into it. $25,000 is enough to get started, that should buy you an acre of land and give you enough money to build a small cabin on the edge of a national forest or something if you do it yourself. If you don't plan to fully live off the land, and you almost certainly won't be able to when you first start, you'll still need some income source. I went out and got myself two: A. SSDI for life (I have epilepsy and want to be a cyst on the system) and B. Growing MJ (for my epilepsy and easy to move) The Unabomber, or Uncle Ted as I prefer to call him, said he could live off $200 per year.

The problem is you'll still probably need certain things from society to make life tolerable, especially up north that would be things like bullets, tools, medicine, certain building supplies, etc. The sad fact of the matter is it's very hard to go truly "off grid" and just walk off into the woods like a mountain man in the 1800's, very few of us have anywhere near the skill level required to make something that hardcore remotely possible.

Buy 8-10 shitty hi point handguns and leave them on the streets of your diverse neighbourhood

Based and NEETpilled.

Please. Most of that can be planned around. Buy land near a water source. A microhome can be bought for $5,000 already built. An acre of land down south here will easily support a person and if you get a place near a national forest you can kill your own meat. I got started with $13k.

I wouldn't call it
>extremely difficult
but there is an adjustment phase. You get used to it after a few months.

This.

People adapt. It's not easy, but you will adjust to it.

>Buy land near a water source.
Cool, the cost of your land just ballooned.
>A microhome can be bought for $5,000 already built.
Cool, have fun getting that microhome into an off grid location without roads.
>An acre of land down south here will easily support a person
An acre of land is only 209'x209', which is not very large. Assuming you don't want to rape your soil and have to fertilize every season you're going to need to rotate crops. Plus I would assume you don't want to completely deforest your property because being off grid usually means burning wood. If you're settling down anywhere with cold winters you'll go through a huge amount of wood. which means you need a reasonably amount of acerage to gather it from. I'm sorry, I don't buy this is workable on a single acre without doing very questionably legal shit in a national forest. I hope you never have a run in the NPS, they can absolutely destroy you in court over trivial things.

What state are you in? Buying a run down house in a poor, white, rural county in the flyover states is very doable with 25000. You'll need a job to support the payments (at least at first) but you'll have five acres or more to plant trees and crops and raise some llamas and chickens. That's my dream anyway.

Or you could wander the extensive network of trails our country has. Hike the Appalachians, then walk on over to Seattle, maybe check out SoCal. Only a small portion of the trails are unmarked/poorly connected. You could stretch 25,000 for a couple years just buying tooth paste, baby wipes, and some shitty food.

why chainlink, i keep hearing this meme. redpill me senpai

Ah, another man of culture.

>come here so i can rob you!

You don't need to grow crops that way, you can use a greenhouse instead and get a lot of fucking food for very little acreage.

Lol Why do you assume you only use resources you own? Why do you think I said beside a national forest?

The going rate for an acre of land beside the Tuskegee National forest here is $3000. Most anywhere in Alabama a natural water source is gonna be within walking distance and it doesn't substantially increase the price of land due to the abundance.

Now if you're from a shithole desert out west, yeah water is gonna ballon your land cost.

you can buy huge blocks of land in Maine. Half of Maine is completely empty. I can't tell you that the taxes for 10 acres will be below $300 a year.

I'm looking at the internet now.

20 acres. cost $13,700. Annual Taxes $290
Dover Foxcroft.

MLS#: 1374035

Attached: 7C446598-356B-49C1-B97C-9DBE3C84C64E.jpg (1290x1131, 249K)

Neither of you two faggots know what you're talking about.

What are you going to do for food? What are you going to do for water? Where is the log cabin going to come from.... are you going to build it with your bare hands? Since when the FUCK do you have the skills to build a house?

None of you fucking retards could do this shit. It's extremely difficult to live that way.

Where to buy a house? $5k from any roadside building seller and dropped off by a truck and ready to move into.

Where do you get your water? You buy land near a water source or pay to dig a well.

Where do you get food? You buy it until you can sustain yourself growing and hunting for it.

And no, it isn't easy.

>Lol Why do you assume you only use resources you own? Why do you think I said beside a national forest?
Like I said in , I hope NPS never catches you cutting down trees or hunting out of season on gov land, I've had some relatives get burned by that sort of shit.

>Most anywhere in Alabama a natural water source is gonna be within walking distance and it doesn't substantially increase the price of land due to the abundance.
Obviously depends on location, I'd argue what you have is the exception not the rule; most places in the US you are going to pay a large premium on land for water access. For instance, land in and around the Appalachian coal districts is generally very cheap, but lots of the lakes/rivers are fucked due to mining, meaning land with large springs carry a hefty premium.

Depends on climate, a lot of your acreage needs in colder climates don't come from food production but from need for firewood.

4 Chan Town.

4 Chan pools their resources, raises $2 Million.

And buys 2847 Acres with a big lake on it.

The taxes for that massive block of land are only $1800 a year.

The property is close by the Appalachian Trail.

MLS#: 1337021

STart by being grateful that you are healthy. Then realize that you are internalizing your disappointment and likely embarrassment in your parents. Be grateful no bloodsucking gold diggers have robbed you of your freedom. Stay off drugs. Everybody who does drugs turned into a disgusting freak.

If you can't succeed at uni I highly doubt you'll succeed off-grid. Best of luck though lol
Unless you grew up gardening and doing woodwork you're fucked.

Only service I'm hooked up to is electricity, hard to get along without if you want the level of comfy I require.

You made me want to kill myself reading that.

Wifi or cell?

Growing marijuana is legal in Maine.

And land is cheap. Maine is not in a hurry to start giving you grow licences for more than the 3 plants you're allowed to grow.

Things are expensive in Maine. But land is cheap. Land is cheap, in part, because things are expensive.

Half of Maine has no local government. Look at one of those pictures of the US at night. Half of Maine - no light at night.

Can't you buy solar panels for electricity + a bunch of batteries to store?

>moving the goalpost
Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about because now you're talking about something different. You didn't say anything about food or water, just living without electricity in a cabin. Actually, I did harder than a cabin. I lived in a small utility shed with zero insulation before the cabin was built.

Algae sells more than any drug ever will. Grow Haematococcus Pluvialis algae and CO2 extract it. It's 3% astaxanathin by weight and sells for $6000-$10,000/kg for enantiomeric pure astaxanthin.

Bulk food animal feed producers purchase it since it prevents UV induced dna damage.

What do you like in life

Here's an idea: dedicate your lot to food and sell the excess to buy firewood.