Just found out that my neighbors are Methodist...

Just found out that my neighbors are Methodist. I was raised Roman Catholic so I have no idea what their religion is about. They have a website and it appears that they have a WOMAN as their "pastor" whatever the fuck "pastor" means, I have no idea. Unlike their Catholic rivals, the Methodist church in question is a shitty building with a half-assed steeple that more resembles a modern day post office than a proper church.

Should I train my security cameras on their house? Should I be weary of invites to their shitty church? Should I avoid them at all?

Attached: methodist.jpg (986x832, 57K)

There closer to atheists than Jehovahs Witnesses.

Just relax.

Attached: image.jpg (840x521, 147K)

>Should I train my security cameras on their house? Should I be weary of invites to their shitty church? Should I avoid them at all?

you should worry less about your neighbors and worry more about your priest raping your kids while the faggot pope turns a blind eye

who cares. just divide and conquer trash. we are slaves in a global banker system and you wonder what edition of a book your neighbor is reading. they are not the enemy. the enemy signed this guy's checks.

Attached: 1565583243919.jpg (2000x1211, 1.34M)

Don't ever go to their apostate church. You're with the true Church that Jesus Christ himself set up with Peter as the first Pope, that's all that matters.

Certain Protestant denominations are like a gathering of NPR listeners where their themes and values are considered holy.
Be good. Be nice. Help the downtrodden. Be happy. Gay people and immigrants are holy.
This is the Methodists.

Methodists are faggotry as fuck

t. methodist

I've found that this guy has the title "Director of Praise" and I don't even know what the fuck that means. His wife is some kind of "Director" as well. I feel like Methodists are class A/short-season league players who would never make it to AAA or the majors on their own so they went off and created their own shitty version of major league baseball.

Stay away from them. They’re far far worse than the worst of cultists. Sort of like distilled branch divinians. They fucking hate Catholics too.

Try not to molest thier children and you should be alright, Protestant religions are not down with child rape like Catholics

this

This.

You're fucking nigger if this is how you think.

If your pope believes in God's will, why does he drive around in bulletproof car? And why does the vatican continue to cover up the hundreds of thousands of crimes committed by their priests around the world?

Methodists are like Episcopals but a little less gay.

I was raised Methodist. Most of the time I go to church it’s just feel good sort of stuff related to a story out of the Bible but not too focused on theology. The guy who founded it John Wesley seemed like a good person that genuinely tried to follow the teachings of christ. I wouldn’t be too concerned about them being your neighbors.

The current Pope is nothing but a small blip on the history of the Holy See. I don't like him. Nobody that I know likes him. He'll be gone sooner rather than later. Anyways, what the fuck is a Methodist?

I was raised in the United Methodist Church although I don't attend regularly now.

You have absolutely nothing to be afraid of. Methodists are generally pretty live and let live types. They tend to focus more on the New Testmament and not the old, and they are not Evangelical--they're not going to go on and on about how the end is coming. Most of them are moderate to liberal, but in the south, you might find some conservatives.

The "pastor" is like your priest, except they are usually married. Women can be pastors in the Methodist Church, and there are more and more of them. The services are different from yours. They only have communion once a month, and the grape juice (some Methodists don't drink) and bread are passed out to the members of the congregation in their seats--they have tiny thimbal-like glasses and bread cubes. The pastor then does the blessing from the pulpit. The other three weeks have an hour long services. It starts with prayers and hymns--Methodists are good singers and there's a choir. It's followed by the offering, then there's a sermon of about 20-30 minutes. Then there's more hymn singing and prayers. Modern services substitute a band for the organ and choir. Sometimes the music's pretty good. Most churches hold Sunday School for grades pre-K to 6 during the main service or sometimes before. The kids sing, do their little bible work books and pray.

Most churches have youth groups, and women's groups and men's groups. They have spaghetti suppers. Babies get baptized, but there's no "First Communion" brouhaha. When you're old enough to sit with your parents, you take communion with them. There are confirmation classes, but those are held for 15-17 year olds, not kids.

You shouldn't have any problems at all. Just be friendly, because they will be. They probably know more about your religion than you know about them.

>If your pope believes in God's will, why does he drive around in bulletproof car?
dumb question
jew god made the car to protect him

Jehovah's Witnesses don't allow females to hold positions of authority over men ... unlike most churches.

>the true Church that Jesus Christ himself
Rome split from the church in the 11th century

Went to Methodist church in the 90's in Huntington Beach CA
Dont remember much other than some chill potluck type events and not hating the services.
There was one of those early trannies there though and they had christian rock concerts
Mixed bag but at least I don't think there was an international group behind them.

It means that they take their religion seriously and are active in their church "Praise" is new. They sing, they play musical instruments. It's the modern service and I don't like it much. Don't worry, nothing bad will happen. They might ask you if you'd like to come to their church. It won't hurt you, but I wouldn't do it because it will encourage people who are this into their church. Just be nice about saying no.

The Catholic Church has been infiltrated. It was obviously one of the first targets. Doesn’t mean the religion itself is bad

more cucked than post-vatican-ii catholics
not quite as cucked as churches that play electric guitar during services
8/10 made me reply

So far the family seems okay. They haven't bothered me too much but like to come outside and make contact whenever I'm tending to the yard. Today they were asking about the bait I had for the local coyote. Apparently a chicken leg ended up in their yard. They weren't angry when I explained my plans for the coyote and instead invited me and my wife to dinner. That's when I started digging and found that they were Methodist. Not sure if I should trust them, but they aren't Jews and aren't Muslim so here I am asking Jow Forums

150 years ago they were based evangelicals saving people from sin.
Something like half of all Americans were Methodist at one point.
Now they are a dying church on the whole but some more so than others.
If a church happens to have young families in the neighborhood they can get a lot of programs going, but at many Methodist churches the average age is over 60.

ew

Get some chant recordings and point the loudspeakers at their house. Maybe it will resonate with them and you can get them into RCIA

When you were a prepubescent boy would you have rather gotten ducked by the woman pastor instead of your man priest?

They're nice people. I'm expecting an invite to their shitty service because I see them posting shit on our HOA website all the time. The last contact I had was this afternoon when I was installing a few bullet cams in my trees that border their property. They asked about the cameras, I explained what I was doing with the coyotes, they then told me about some bullshit with their kids and I stopped paying attention and went back to wiring up the cams.

After reviewing their """online profile""" I found that they were Methodist and am not really sure how that is different from the Branch Dividians so here we are.

Hi, Israeli!

is your pope speaking infallibly when he tongues muslim feet?

Someone in my mother's family went Methodist. No one ever spoke to him again.

Methodists are Protestants. They originally were part of the Church of England (Episcopalian). They are considered "Mainline" Protestants like Episcopalians, Presbyterians, some Lutherans, Church of Christ. Their churches in small towns are older and sit on the main drag. Nothing weird at all, but Methodists are often very, very friendly. And since they're new, they're going to want to make friends. You don't have to put any cameras up to spy on them. They'll probably invited you to their potluck.

First you should figure out the difference between "weary" and "wary"

Any church with UNITED at the beginning is almost always a Marxist social club. I'm still trying to find a decent church and its fucking hard.

The Branch Dividians had weird ideas about Christianity and were a church that revolved around David Koresh who molested 13 year olds and made everybody eat popcorn all the time.

Methodists do potlucks, spaghetti and pancake suppers at church. At home they eat regular meals with meat, starch and veggies or salads. Methodist dads ARE NOT supposed to go after the teenagers; they're supposed to be faithful to their wives. They're not Jehovah's Witnesses, so they won't come to your door and push their literature in your face, and their not Mormons, so they don't believe that the men will become rules of their own planets after they die. They're really pretty much like you and your wife except they go to a church where they have to sit through a 30 minute homily. They must like it; I find it boring as shit, but different strokes for different folks. Trump was raised in a Presbyterian church, Bush Jr. went to the Methodist Church with his wife and Bush Sr. and Babs were Episcopalians. None of them seem too weird, do they? All those churches are Mainline Protestants. Chill out. Remember, these people are nice and friendly, that's their thing. They'll be good neighbors and will help you out if you need it. Don't talk politics, though, unless they do. These days, it's best to leave that subject alone and just try to appreciate people for how they treat you and your wife.

You have nothing to fear. They aren't hard core bible thumpers like the baptists, but they won't support your tranny degenerate ways if that's what your into. I'd rather have a methodist as a neighbor, than a muslim / jehovah / mormon / jew.

organized religions are what they are...

Attached: gods.fan.club.jpg (640x480, 161K)