Brexit

Remainer here.

Can any other Brits on here explain why you still wish for Brexit?

People will argue, "hey, leave means leave"; however, many people decided to vote leave due to being fed lies (Brexit bus, NHS, etc.)

Personally, I do not see much benefit to leaving the EU, considering the UK always operated somewhat independently, and had sufficient control over who was coming into the country within Europe.

What is the actual benefit?

Attached: Brexit.jpg (820x550, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Bp9qLkPbo
youtube.com/watch?v=taNGG8Nxeg4
euractiv.com/section/justice-home-affairs/news/eu-opens-sanctions-procedure-against-hungary-poland-and-czech-republic-over-refugees/
amazon.co.uk/Abolition-Britain-Winston-Churchill-Theresa/dp/1472959922/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1JLHOF1A7DZF0&keywords=peter hitchens&qid=1567870449&s=gateway&sprefix=peter hit,aps,181&sr=8-1
bbc.co.uk/news/business-49342012
gov.uk/government/news/uk-exports-at-record-high
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

none they are just dumb racists tbqh

>People will argue, "hey, leave means leave"; however, many people decided to vote leave due to being fed lies (Brexit bus, NHS, etc.)
Special pleading.
Every election in the history of the world has been lies upon lies upon wishful thinking upon broken promises upon lies.
Why do you think *this one in particular* deserves a do-over due to lies, rather than, say, the General Election of 1924, dominated by the original Fake News: the Zinoviev letter?

Attached: 1567097666782.png (671x624, 57K)

it's because Britbongs are delusional and think their country should be sovereign and powerful when in actuality they are a small meme island debt based economy with no natural resources or influence in foreign affairs

Are people just supposed to accept that being lied to in order to push an agenda is a good thing?

The only argument I hear is "the people voted for it" most of these people I know work in factories that have business with Europe

Because the EU court that work democratically requires the erosion of the sovereign nation into more a state within a European Empire. I don't agree with their idea that a sovereign nation gets an MP in their courts and votes in their nations interests but can be voted down by a majority of other nations, this means the end of the individual nations of Europe. The refugee crisis was a great example of how an entire nations culture, demographics and future can be changed legally from outside of their own court systems. That to me is wrong.
Also the idea of the European super state means that the lesser industrial countries have to have industry moved to them to build their GDP. For example the Eastern European countries now grow at around 4.5% where places like the UK are growing at around 1.2% or there or there abouts, we had to move our industry to these countries to build them up.

Many people decided to vote remain based on lies, so according to your own argument we should leave

if only people knew how bad it really is too

We should have a trading union in Europe, and that's it.

Sovereignty should remain in Sovereign countries.
I don't believe in the European project, globalization or multilateralism. It's unaccountable, undemocratic and bureaucratic, it's corrupt. They don't protect the borders, lack of transparency, different nations have stronger powers and dominate others.

Just a start, but you get the Idea. That's not to say there were no good parts to it. They just badly messed it all up

Real weak sauce you have there. The way the EU is turning out you could make a good argument that the decision to join was based on lies in the first place.

No foreign rule over our country
It's that simple

I voted remain, and going by what I've seen over the last 3 and a half years, I hope we crash out with no deal and that Farage will some day take the reigns. It took this kind of event to open my eyes and absorb the absolute corruption leaking out from Westminster.

exactly. thats why id rather have the eu in charge than the corrupt fuckers in westminster

I can only put my head in hands and sigh when I read something like that.

Olympian mental gymnast
1/10

We can still vote out people we don't like. Who voted for Christine Lagarde? There is zero accountability. Anyone who believes we should remain clearly doesnt have a full perspective of the situation. We joined a trading union not a globalist superstate.

its true. at least the continent isn't quite so cucked to the free market as the uk and us. the uk has master legitimised corruption and the country has been sold out from underneath us. leaving the eu won't bring all our companies, utilities and now lots of our land back into british ownership. it'll make it worse you dingbats.

I want to be able to vote for/against the people who make laws over me.

Within the EU, this is impossible.

Do you have any points or stats to back up anything you say? This is the kind of shit I hear from remainers, it's just opinions. And sarcastic comments about me only reading the Daily Mail or something. Why do you think we should remain?

eu was never the problem. youre lashing out at the wrong target

At its fundamental level its as simple as that then it gets worse when you see their agenda.

>I voted remain, and going by what I've seen over the last 3 and a half years, I hope we crash out with no deal and that Farage will some day take the reigns
this is how I know you didn't vote remain

You know the EU are pushing the likes of Jo Swinson behind closed doors. Jo Swinson who openly admits she wouldn't even respect a second refurendum if it was leave, and then the remainers have the cheeck to tell us they are fighting for deocracy. This is about who runs the country, is a minority of MP's? Or is it the people?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Bp9qLkPbo

leaving the eu would last have been possible in the early 90's. the country is too far gone now to go it alone. plus its just completely impractical as we are seeing. its leavers who don't really appreciate how complex the situation is.

Do you believe an island that pays an overwhelming contribution to the EU should have its laws decided by an unaccountable, unelected court of EU politicians who rule only in continental interest?
Do you believe the citizens who disagree with this should be betrayed by their own politicians, who would rather cuck for the EU for crumbs of prestige rather than represent those who put them in power?
Brexit is now a shit test for whether or not Britain still has a right to exist.

How are we seeing it as impractical? It's the remainers who are not letting us leave, we would have left by now. There is no way you can know if this is practical or not because we are still in the EU.

its the right wing big money that you should look to for all the machiavellian shit. eu aint perfect but its fairly benign and still puts its people first most of the time

leavers foaming at the mouth about no deal is impractical. No such thing exists with no deal, it leaves you at the worst bargaining position and will have us begging for worse terms.

There is no version of brexit where we will be better off. They've given up telling us this now and the only soundbite left is muh 17.4 million

live on RT the anti-brexit protests. We will never leave BJ was a remainer..

youtube.com/watch?v=taNGG8Nxeg4

Half the people who are remainers are on EU pensions. There is nothing benign about imposing sanctions on nations because they won't meet your refugee quotas.

euractiv.com/section/justice-home-affairs/news/eu-opens-sanctions-procedure-against-hungary-poland-and-czech-republic-over-refugees/

because the economy has become so all encompassing. its fragile as fuck especially in uk with its reliance on dodgy fintech. its been entwined with europe for 40 years unravelling it is beyond hard.

Brexit allows the country to escape the rules of the EU.
It allows the UK's unwritten constitution to return to its proper position.
It allows the UK government to make its own rules relating to immigration.
It stops the UK sending £128 million every week to the EU.
It allows the UK to make trade deals as they please with whomever they want.
It allows the UK to undercut the EU in terms of regulations and so be more competitive.
It doesnt require law which is also made by (and which is beneficial for) other states to be applicable to them.
It weakens their neighbours and competitors by them losing these contributions and being required to consider the interests of the weakest members.
Most importantly probably is it means that actual proper sovereignty is returned to Parliament.

The key problem with the EU is that it takes away power from the people to a centralised, common-decision making process in the Council and Commission - which take into account interests other than those purely of the state and its citizens. At the same time, the institutions of state are left ostensibly untouched - Parliament, the constitution - soveriegnty. They all give the illusion that power still resides at home when it really doesnt. So when people ask for change and dont get it because action cant be taken without contravening EU law, they get angry. This is undemocratic - and leaving the EU should put an end to that.

These are some common reasons put forward. The Brexit bus/NHS wasn't actually a lie - it was a rough figure.

Because you're putting this all down to your pocket. We may have to suffer finacially, especially at the start, but we will never be a part of a growing European Empire that will ever need us to give up sovereignty to be state within Europe. Europe will be like the US, and it's being run by liberals.

dumb

its been screwed for ages since we joined the EEC + family break up and crime are due to the people here not the EU

check this guys book

amazon.co.uk/Abolition-Britain-Winston-Churchill-Theresa/dp/1472959922/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1JLHOF1A7DZF0&keywords=peter hitchens&qid=1567870449&s=gateway&sprefix=peter hit,aps,181&sr=8-1

the absolute state of that "protest"

>soundbite left is muh 17.4 million
You think the largest democratic vote in our country's history is a fucking "soundbite"?

You people disgust me.

Great answer.

Because fuck you, that's why. I could elaborate, but fuck you.

Attached: 1567857327777.jpg (724x1024, 156K)

Shitskins raus

I agree the EU isn't everything. For instance after Rotherham shit should have flipped nationwide. But Brexit is a big deal nonetheless. The slide has to stop somewhere.

people were lied to in the original referendum to join the "EU" but whatever this debate is stale as fuck talking time is over

>We may have to suffer finacially, especially at the start
actually wishing to inflict self harm on yourself
lmfao. The UK is not the powerhouse it once was and cannot compete on the global market alone. Inside the EU we are a more formidable trading partner.

>we will never be a part of a growing European Empire that will ever need us to give up sovereignty to be state within Europe
There has been nothing to suggest we will give up sovereignty, if anything this past week has shown how sovereign our system is.

it is a soundbite. Brexit meant 17.4 million different things. It has no legitimacy on how we leave, especially when it was based on numerous lies.

Fuck globalist trash, eat my shit

if britain suffers a serious crash after brexit which is quite likely the rich will probably leave and foreign companies will buy up the rest of britain for chickenfeed and we'll be at the mercy of chinese and arab investment funds. I've nothing against leaving the eu if i thought it was possible without resulting in complete disaster for the country.

Sovereignty, control of legal system, control of borders and ports, not being tied into the EU trade protection racket and losing billions in trade deficit every year, etc.

But hey, I’m just some uneducated racist preventing you from getting fancy cheese cheap, right?

>People will argue, "many people decided to vote leave due to being fed lies (Brexit bus, NHS, etc.)" but in fact they have been fed lies themselves from BBC, Guardian etc.

See how retarded that sounds? What makes you almighty and above everyone else in deciding what should be believed and what shouldnt.

If the EU wanted to be one nation then they would have to unite through war, not through negotiation and backstabbing. Always thought Britains participation was odd. Europeans have been trying to fuck ya'll for centuries.

Identity, meaning, a blow to globalism/neoliberalism, pushing the Overton window to the right on subjects like immigration, economic hardship will foster more populist politics

What complexity is addressed by remaining within an unaccountable federation that would resolve in the favor of your people shill? Is it your boarders, now completely out of your hands resulting in your cucked political class being afraid of butter knives? Is it your fishing rights that the EU decided to appropriate for themselves? Is it taxation decided by unelected bodies nebulous and unaccountable within a goliath bureaucracy? Perhaps it is ceding the idea that you are still even a country at all and not a puppet state of Germany? There exist nations smaller and more resource poor than you that still make progress and retain their existence as nations without questioning their sovereignty. The Commonwealth still exists to a fashion, some of those nations are right now merrily selling themselves to the Chinese, would it not be better to reunite after a fashion to once bring some resemblance of the British empire of yore to the modern age. The US has stretched her hand to you with favorable deals once you depart your bandage to Brussels. Your political class has been a house long in need of cleaning and absent support from a meddling Europe would be easier to correct and if necessary depose. That assumes of course you lot still desire to set the course of your own destiny, to remain would mean disposal, a pitiful mewling end to the once mighty British Empire or to turn a phrase.
"Britannia is dead,
its people are now slaves
never, never, never again,
will she rule the waves."

You know Germany are in negative growth right now? We are growing at a faster rate than Germany. With the UK leaving the EU it's the equivilent of 19 smaller countries leaving at once. You underestimate how much the EU also needs us, as much as we need them. The fact the remainers are trying to legally take no deal off the table is taking Boris' only bargaining chip away from him to get a good trade deal. You have Jo Swinson who wouldn't accept a peoples vote even if it was leave again, and Corbyn who will say just about anything to be PM and nationalize everything.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-49342012

Leave won. Get over it.

MAGA!

Attached: Karen britbong votes leave EU backs hard Brexit.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

What's the difference? Everything is owned by the Jew, the landed gentry or pakis/indians anyway. People have to realise this

Things have to get worse quickly or nothing will ever change and the end will come so slow there will be nothing that can be done to reverse it

>Brexit meant 17.4 million different things.
No. It doesn't. The wording on the referendum ballot was very clear.

There is no mention of how we leave. It would have been great if we could have come to a deal with the EU, but we couldn't. So we must leave without a deal.
There was no "soft" vs. "hard" brexit. More people voted to leave than remain, so we leave.

Why don't you understand this?

Attached: 2016_EU_Referendum_Ballot_Paper.jpg (670x335, 88K)

>explain why you still wish for Brexit?

Attached: 1567035545733.jpg (1200x1300, 244K)

Makes me think why no one says 'it doesn't specify how we should stay' as an argument

If you don't want democracy then we can play by those rules instead

i don't know why you all think its unaccountable. Britain turned its back on th ecommonwealth to join the EU. it would have been better but that time has passed and there's no going back. aus and canada have forged their own path without uk.
this is the point. we would never be slaves in the eu but we will be if left to the mercy of global markets like the brexit organisers want

We joined a trading union.

i agree no deal is better than shitty mess compromise deal. remain is far better tho.

>Can any other Brits on here explain why you still wish for Brexit?

I'm guessing they're sick of cunts like you OP?

Attached: IMG_0076.jpg (4032x3024, 1.27M)

this country will be at the mercy of the money men far more out of the eu

Hungary and some in Poland are actually Anti -Eu too many here are cucked..

How do you think countries like Japan survive? 3rd largest economy in the world, tight immigration, how do they do it? Australia, New Zealand and that list is endless of nations who trade globally and don't have Chinese tanks rolling down their streets. Yes we may have to sell to the Chinese, everyone does, they are huge. But hopefully with brexit we can start using our own industry again and not have to buy so much from outside of the UK.

People here are too cucked, At least the USA and other countries have better free speech etc. No protests will happen no revolution there's pedos like Prince Andrew but the media barely mention him..

>fuck democracy, I know what's best for you

Attached: ebdf46155d0107058ba35985f6022625-x540q100.jpg (400x540, 159K)

What? You mean like voting to enter europe in the 1972 referendum?

You cannot know that though. We haven't left with no deal so you can't know it's going to be bad. Yes the Guadian will tell you our food is going to run out or all cancer patients are going to die. But we were supposed to be dead by now, but we aren't, we are growing faster than Germany and because of our weakened pound we have record numbers of exports, boosting industry. In fact that is a labour tactic they have been talking about for year so Corbyn should be happy with that.

gov.uk/government/news/uk-exports-at-record-high

>i don't know why you all think its unaccountable.

Because we can't vote for those who pass laws over us. MEPs do not table legislation - that is the European Commission who are appointed, not elected.

we dont have an industry anymore tho thats the point. almost all big british companies you can name are foreign owned. once it is lost it can't be built up again. certainly not overnight.

i agree speech needs to be totally free. people need to stop being so sensitive

democracy at this point is bought and paid for

Nobody is planning to be back up and running by next week.

well if it happens i hope you are right and I'm wrong. i won't be though

I want house prices to crash so mummy can sign over some of her properties to me without incurring capital gains tax. We're well off and won't be hit by no deal, only benefit scroungers fear no deal.

the global economy is a massive machine that won't stop or wait for anybody. unfortunately were part of it. we'd be fucked imho

i bet ur a cuck and you work in tescos

all the more reason to unite and fight for it before it is lost forever

Pot noodles arent made in the EU but HP sauce for bacon butties is...

I've never worked a day in my life unless you consider "managing" tenants work (I pay Foxtons to do it)

>lies (Brexit bus, NHS, etc.)
Jesus fucking Christ spouting nonsense like that you could be a genuine lefty.

trust me you are not fighting the good fight

Largest soft-power in the world and leading several scientific fields including hydroponics and computing, the only thing holding us back from these things manifesting and taking over East Asians is the EU. Not to mention how we sit on oil, coal and steel and have one of the few militaries worth a damn.

Fuck off and die, Canuck, I used to like your country until I saw your posters.

larping as a cockroach. sad.

Give some stats and links to back up what you say. I'm genuinly interested to see what you are talking about. To me it sounds like you have some solid evidence to back you up here seems you seem convinced you are right and we are going to crash and burn.

>fighting for democracy is not fighting the good fight
>trust me
you're a fucking meme mate

>hydroponics
muh weed :/

you don't need democracy, goy, trust me. I know best.

Attached: trust_me.gif (501x585, 10K)

Also
>GCHQ posters always put out the most poorly worded and grammatically incorrect posts they can to mimic the working man
Absolutely hilarious, you people think so little of us that you project that perception into your job. You deserve death, and it will come.

Attached: 74117d81b4cb29dde09f98a42fe6d08d748a28a52c7e9fd2cd39d9db48c97427.png (780x585, 659K)

The best compromise is to get the deal we've already been negotiated.
The backstop is necessary. Terrorism is already on the increase, with the rise of the New IRA operating across the island. We need less unnecessary bonfires and a curb on extremism from both nationalist and loyalist camps.
A hard border won't help with peace whatsoever.

Because our country's highest court is in a foreign country.

Attached: 1560954126672.png (500x483, 328K)

>hydroponics
>weed
Okay retard.

daily reminder that the gbp has been in decline ever since we joined

Attached: gbp-usd.png (887x605, 31K)

daily reminder that the economic growth rate was raped the moment we joined and has been in decline ever since

Attached: British-GDP-Growth-since-1949.jpg (1051x801, 113K)

haven't really got stat or links. britain has just gone down the free market rabbit hole so far that its in thrall to the multinational companies that own it. something like brexit will just push us over the edge

There is no benefit. Just Gammon delusions of grandeur, as a result of being fed decades of propaganda from the Daily Express and UKIP filled with jingoistic, Rule Britannia nonsense.

Attached: brexit voters.jpg (700x516, 178K)

Because I'm not an NPC that believes over 3 years of FUD.

you don't understand the modern world at all