Why Japanese cars are so popular in USA ?

santanderconsumerusa.com/blog/most-popular-suvs-trucks-cars-in-america-right-now

tflcar.com/2015/08/car-company-gets-googled-united-states-infographic/

Attached: 1567848233904.jpg (1600x2156, 576K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_factories#Current_production_facilities
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_General_Motors_factories
pastebin.com/cFa6x8M8
thezebra.com/insurance-news/1081/foreign-vs-american-cars/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are cheap and reliable

NAFTA

The Japs have a tendency to make complex german engineering simple and still high quality. They rarely innovate brand new designs, just autistically improve the ones they have.
Needless to say in a very stagnated market like automobiles that try and cut costs at every corner, the high quality and still cheap Jap comes out ahead.

Attached: KNnEZt3cG.png (760x749, 494K)

Because we nuked our own auto industry

>Indiana is a major manufacturer of both Toyota and Subarooooo

>Ford still on top

Feels good man

>the high quality and still cheap Jap comes out ahead.
Yeah, I've got a 2012 Honda Accord, thing runs great and I've had zero problems with it apart from tire changes and battery change.

Those new Ford trucks are pretty sharp though, if I were to buy a truck I'd give a good look at those.

Toyota and Honda had affordable and reliable cars that were good on gas when the price of oil spiked and during the recession. They also appealed to liberal feelings with cars like the Prius. US manufacturers curb-stomped them when it came to trucks and work vehicles, but lots of people in coastal areas started buying imports. This has only continued because the average person is functionally retarded and hasn't bought a Chevy Volt or Tesla.

1973 oil crisis that caused gas prices to skyrocket made the giant American cars of that time less attractive compared to the new tiny Japanese econo cars. The quality and reliability of those cars has steadily advanced while the American cars have declined since then.

Looks like nigs and leftists hate American

Attached: 1280px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png (1280x949, 691K)

Ford makes there cars in Mexico

this

That's an anti-American meme. Ford has plants all over the place. Plus their headquarters and engineering facilities that provide high paying job to Americans are located in the US.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_factories#Current_production_facilities

And easy to fix also parts can be easily found

Henry Ford was worried about unions so he hired niggers, then the niggers joined the union, then unions did crappy work and American cars became synonymous with "crappy," then we bought Japanese and realize their non-union cars were much better, if we go back to buying American we will just be screwed by the niggers in the unions once again: no thank you.

Pretty much this, my family has driven corollas for more than 30 years. Never had any problems with them, they last a long time (10+ years) and cheap to pay off in a few years.

Because they're cheap, quality, have some decent integrated technology, and to be blunt? I got a honda and a Toyota. Love them both. Rav4 is a great SUV btw.

Only Ford and even then Ford has so many scummy practices and Japs have caught up. The Toyota Tacoma is fantastic

I've owned 3 fords and had to replace the transmission on every single one of them.
American cars are fucking shit, they didn't deserve the bailout.

niggers took over michigan

Because Toyota is the most American car company of all. I can't believe those pinkos at Ford still have so many states.

>Just so happens to align with places that have access to the ocean with ports

Japanese propaganda

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 52K)

Has something to do with this.

Attached: 1524712912414.png (4144x3088, 711K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190907-150901_Firefox.jpg (810x1707, 247K)

and how do you going to resolve this for longer term?

No inbound tariffs mean that Japanese cars made at lower cost with lower wage workers can send us a competitive, if not objectively superior product for close to the same price or below a domestically produced model.

Attached: balance2.jpg (1346x1381, 498K)

Is Scotty our boomer?

More of my tacoma is US parts are labor than ford or chevy. Plus toyota is more reliable and holds value better.

They make really good cars, have you never spoken to anybody? I've driven my Honda across the country 7 times.... Dirt roads, mountains, the literal Mattole road in Humboldt... 100k miles and only had to do general maintenance. Leave it to the Japanese...

Toyota I hear is good too. Nissan basically stinks.

Americans are just rich and fat not good at engineering finance good but the jews run that

Also the idea that any multinational company is "american made". There are american companies that have most of their parts made overseas and vice versa.

Because they are ugly and poorly designed, like the mutt itself.
>muh reliabillity
>Ja, ja, German car

Because the Nips planned 10 years into the future and American automobile manufactures are still planning 1 year into the future.

Short answer this. Long answer; we gave the japs all our good car manufacturing tech after wwii, to help rebuild their economy. So now they compete with us on US inspired cars

That is disinfo to make Americans feel less guilty about buying foreign vehicles. The majority of Ford vehicles components are manufactured and assembled in the US. See .

Because American vehicles are a fucking joke.

Japanese cars are a glimpse into what American manufacturing would look like with no niggers or spics.

>we gave the japs all our good car manufacturing tech after wwii, to help rebuild their economy
It's been years since WW2 though and car tech is nothing like that anymore.

plus Japanese vehicles only became really big sellers in the US in the 80s

>literally invented the car in the first place
>not good at engineering
what.

Attached: 1551961110079.png (420x420, 395K)

Ford didn't take a bailout, and the "affordable" dual clutch transmission idea was a bad idea, but they were trying to innovate an alternative to a CVT at least.

No, it's probably a conspiracy desu

Most American cars are made in the US and engineered by people living in the US. Stop spreading bullshit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_General_Motors_factories

Sort by Country.

modern car that is

have you driven a ford lately? i have to drive a 2019 transit at work, it is the shoddiest car i have ever driven. everything in the interior feels like a playschool toy, ready to break at a moments notice. it handles like shit, i've driven cherrypickers that had more grace. the company has had it less than six months and the alternator is already going. just driving it for a week has convinced me never to drive anything that isn't a honda ever again.

american cars are made in mexico. i'd rather buy japanese.

It being a conspiracy doesn't make it not disinfo. You are right though. It very likely is a conspiracy by foreign vehicle manufacturers to get Americans to buy their vehicles when doing so has a negative impact on our own economy.

The Honda Accord is the greatest achievement if engineering known to man. The colossus of Rhodes bows his head in shame.

That is not true. See and

pre '95 toyotas are what built the reputation. Anything after that has significant issues, particularly with frame and body. They're great cars but they're not vastly superior to their ford peers.

Checked and /thread.

The Nissan equivalent to the Ram Van and the transit, is crisp and zippy.

When you buy Japanese you're still supporting the American workers that assembled them.

CURTAILMENT OF AMERICAN INDUSTRIAL PRE-EMINENCE
American industry came under discussion - it was the first that I'd heard the term global interdependence or that notion. The stated plan was that different parts of the world would be assigned different roles of industry and commerce in a unified global system. The continued pre-eminence of the United States and the relative independence and self-sufficiency of the United States would have to be changed. This was one of the several times that he said in order to create a new structure, you first have to tear down the old, and American industry was one example of that. Our system would have to be curtailed in order to give other countries a chance to build their industries, because otherwise they would not be able to compete against the United States. And this was especially true of our heavy industries that would be cut back while the same industries were being developed in other countries, notably Japan. And at this point there was some discussion of steel and particularly automobiles - I remember saying that automobiles would be imported from Japan on an equal footing with our own domestically produced automobiles, but the Japanese product would be better. Things would be made so they would break and fall apart, that is in the United States. so that people would tend to prefer the imported variety and this would give a bit of a boost to foreign competitors. One example was Japanese. In 1969 Japanese automobiles, if they were sold here at all I don't remember, but they certainly weren't very popular. But the idea was you could get a little bit disgusted with your Ford, GM or Chrysler product or whatever because little things like window handles would fall off more and plastic parts would break which had they been made of metal would hold up.

American cars tend to be pretty shit except for a few particular models. My maternal grandfather worked for Ford and GM in an administrative capacity and none of his children own American cars now. My mom drives a Kia, my aunt drives a Honda, I drive a Honda, my cousin lives in fucking Brazil, and honestly the only family member that drives an American vehicle is my dad and that's just because Chevy makes good trucks.

Your patriotism about buying American would soon give way to practicality that if you bought Japanese, German or imported that it would last longer and you would be better off. Patriotism would go down the drain then. It was mentioned elsewhere things being made to fall apart too. I don't remember specific items or if they were even stated other than automobiles, but I do recall of having the impression, sort of in my imagination, of a surgeon having something fall apart in his hands in the operating room at a critical time. Was he including this sort of thing in his discussion? But somewhere in this discussion about things being made deliberately defective and unreliable not only was to tear down patriotism but to be just a little source of irritation to people who would use such things. Again the idea that you not feel terribly secure, promoting the notion that the world isn't a terribly reliable place. The United States was to be kept strong in information, communications, high technology, education and agriculture. The United States was seen as continuing to be sort of the keystone of this global system. But heavy industry would be transported out. One of the comments made about heavy industry was that we had had enough environmental damage from smoke stacks and industrial waste and some of the other people could put up with that for a while. This again was supposed to be a redeeming quality for Americans to accept. You took away our industry but you saved our environment. So we really didn't lose on it.
pastebin.com/cFa6x8M8

American cars were mostly never good, most are a roll of the dice they either break down instantly or last 300k miles. European cars stopped being good in the 90s.

They're are also mostly made In America anyway. I got a 2018 Camry, and the door sticker says Kentucky.

I have to correct myself: the Japanese have no tariffs (though they may have other trade barriers that are sneakier but harder to identify); they just have xenophobia (and that's a good thing).

Attached: Age Demographics US.png (640x768, 98K)

The lowest wage parts of their company that are increasingly automated are located in the US, while the high paying jobs are headquartered in Japan. They are memeing you into hurting your own economy.

Reliable and hold value better because of that fact been a Honda and Toyota buyer whole life. American auto makers make shit products that are more expensive.

Truth is Americans instituted the planned obsolescence model in the early 80s. The Toyotas had not, coupled with the gas crisis, Lee Iacocca destroyed the American auto industry. The Koreans make a better car than Detroit.

>Bought Honda and Toyota entire life
>Makes claims about American vehicles he hasn't owned.
Yeah sure.

If America Retoengineered a five year old Accord, and called it the new Ford Taurus, they'd be back on top in a year.

you're aware that you can drive cars you don't own, right? have you never rented a car? or borrowed a friend's?

They don't have to. The Volt is a vastly better vehicle in every single way.

This is the case with Volkswagen. First problem, sell it.

Than the Prius? I guess that's why you never see a Prius on the road. Cope.

Driving a car doesn't usually tell you about ongoing maintenance costs. It's entirely possible that any shit cars you've driven are because your friends are retarded and didn't take proper care of them.

Maybe if Americans didn't make cheap garbage bins with wheels that are expected to break down and cost a fortune in every way... The automobile industry is purposefully dragging its feet. Fuck them. I'd rather give my money to the US, but giving it to Japs is infinitely better than being scalped by kikes.

compact fuel efficient won vs horsepower. when will retards learn that the products stat sheet is more important than where it was made or who designed it

American autos suck and are ugly.

Yeah, actually. It is better than a Prius. The Volt doesn't even use gas at all until you've discharged 40 miles of range. With a Prius you're still burning fossil fuels.

>The Toyota Tacoma is fantastic
And so much better looking, without any modification. The old 4runner is still the best looking SUV on the road.

a) they work
b) they don't fall apart
c) they're easy to fix

toyota i thought was made in america

look at all the lesbians in montana

Cus every npc wants a pryus

Attached: avatars-000378084956-ykhazf-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 39K)

All the high paying jobs are headquartered in Japan. The low paying things that are increasingly automated are in the US. If you buy Japanese all the profits go back to Japan.

This does not put into account the slow deterioration of annoying things that accumulate in American cars. The glovebox that stops closing, the drooping headliner, the door moulding that becomes undone, ect

This, Kia has stepped up their game and are putting out reliable cars that feel great to drive. American cars meanwhile get worse by the year

anerican cars were based for their simpler engineering. everything in the cars were made either in canada usa or mexico. now everything is either india, thailand, china, with americans canadians or mexicans putting the crap together to appease the unions. either the jap and koreans need to be forced to have unions or the domestics forced to remove theirs.

Also this, I rather buy a horse and tie a carriage to the mother fucker than a Chevy or a Ford

Attached: d57xp3y-f31898ea-c92b-41ee-ab1d-a80b4df6b149.png (480x448, 204K)

PA master state collect em all

Toyota is shit and are all the faggots who buy 4door tacomas.

Real men buy a dodge ram pickup with 4x4 and a manual transmission with a hemi v8 or a cummins.
thank god I sold my pos tundra. so many faggots believe the muh Toyota meme

Never owned da Prius. The old hybrid Lexus SUV and new RAV 4 hydrides make that Chevy abomination just look like some Sci fi shaped garbage.

the toyota camry is the most american car in terms of $
they actually build the cars here
ford sends their money to germany and mexico, gm to china, etc.

Korean and Japanese cars are made in America.
Fords are made in Mexico.

Attached: 1555853566769.gif (683x384, 552K)

For example German automakers, in particular, are known for their impeccable high-performance engineering, building fast and stable cars that can go around corners at high speeds without any trouble. Foreign cars have a huge edge on American cars when it comes to handling, suspension and steering.

thezebra.com/insurance-news/1081/foreign-vs-american-cars/

Attached: untitled.jpg (740x532, 171K)

You should see Canada.

Toyotas are reasonably priced and reliable as fuck.

>Tacoma
Except you still see them on the road, 15 years old, running like new.

with non-union labor. so basically slap a requirement on the asians and germans to have unions and watch their cars rise in price so rapidly theat domestics will become king of low price.

SUVs are a different category of vehicle. I'm not sure why you're comparing them to a sedan.

American cars are competitive when it comes to value additions, such as OnStar, GPS, etc.

Yeah no. German cars are shit in America unless you got money to burn on repairs. And most Americans drive automatic and German automatics fail all the time and cost a organ to repair or replace.

Hyundai genesis coupe is a beast. The Subaru BRZ is what a Camero used to be.

camaros never had 4 cylinders

Bought a Tacoma. 150,000 miles and haven’t had any problem yet. Only thing I’ve done is change the oil brakes and tires. Japs make the best cars.