How to be Rich vs Poor

I think I found the secret of being wealthy - act, think, and live like you're poor. The wife and I bring in about $220k/year, but we used to bring in only $30k/year when we were both in graduate school. It was horrible but it made learn to live without, and we continued this mindset and way of living ever since.

My recipe is as follows:
>Avoid debt at all costs at all times unless absolutely necessary
>Do everything within your power to pay off any and all debt - don't keep spending as pay increases, don't contribute to a 401k, don't do anything but pay off debt by working multiple jobs and cutting expenses.
>Cook at home - healthy food is far cheaper than eating junk food. For $20, you can make enough beef stew to feed you for a week and still get great nutrition.
>Spend your free time learning skills and adding bullet points to resumes instead of gaming, tv, and internet.
>Make it a point to be better than your coworkers and be shameless in what you can put on a resume without lying
>Job hop for promotions and raises. I had 7 jobs in five years. Went from $35k to $115k during that time. Strong resumes make this easy.
>Use coupons, deals, pricematching, and anything else you can do to save money.
>Avoid buying a 'new' car unless your current one costs more to fix than it's blue book value. Nice cars are nice but having no car payment is even nicer.
>Cut expenses like it's your job - no cable, share netflix with family, get family cell phone plans, insulate windows, keep thermostat at slightly above comfortable, throw linux on old laptops instead of buying new ones, get cheap gym memberships and shower there instead of home, etc.
>Get a secured credit card and start building credit and then graduate to better cards as your finances and credit score improves. This can save you money - 6% back on groceries, 3% back on gas, etc.
>Use Sunday's to prep your healthy meals for the week. Learn to make iced green tea instead of buying sugary, expensive drinks

What else?

Attached: poorvrich.png (602x318, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CJcrbbrKMCE
dailymotion.com/video/x31apfi
youtube.com/watch?v=NZR_vMTLfIk
youtube.com/watch?v=n0eTLdQ1cQc
youtube.com/watch?v=fRXDr94_SKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Live like absolute peasants your entire life

That's bullshit. You know what feels better than being a consumer? Knowing you are financially secure and set should life ever go sideways. I've lived both ways - a total consumer who has nice things but worries about debt and any unexpected expense ruining things and a frugal person who knows they have money in the bank if and when the need arises. Having a solid savings feels waaaayyyy better.

Oy vey right schlomo? Can’t have these goyim be content with a frugal lifestyle.

Attached: 625238D3-6866-47D8-83D0-81D575BB1B90.jpg (1949x2081, 604K)

Not a bad list but what's the breakpoint on water usage that even the cheapest gym membership would be a better deal? Surely just showering at home and doing body weight exercises and walking/ running would be cheaper.

>don't contribute to a 401k, don't do anything but pay off debt
This isn’t good advice for everyone. Compare the interest and company matching. For instance, when I got out of school, my company matched 11%. Considering the returns I was getting on that with all of the extra money I was getting from my company match I was coming out well ahead of the 6% interest I was paying on my loans.

>Solid savings
Throw 50k into a fund annually for 30 years. Adjust your budget accordingly. No need to blogpost about living like you’re in poverty

>swag lord.
Nice.

You suggest being a slave to a mortgage on a house you can't afford and a credit card you use to purchase a ton of quickly depreciating shit you don't need?

I know a lot of people with 4,000-5,000 sqft homes. Sounds ideal, right? Wrong. Heating and cooling those houses cost $300-$700/month, HOAs pretty much require expensive landscaping costs (if you don't want to sacrifice all of your free time), and you spend a shit ton of money filling all of those empty rooms with shit you don't need like extra couches, extra tv's, extra beds, etc. And all of that is not even taking into account when things break and need fixing.

>Imagine living like a peasant on 200k a year
What’s the point of working your ass off?

I'm all about investing. However, if you're ROI is not exceeding the 29.99% APR that debt on the credit card is charging you, does it make sense to invest even with an 11% match?

If your employer matches 401k contributions you should contribute enough to get it. To not do so is to literally turn down some of the wages you’re entitled to.

Again, if your ROI, even with matching, is not exceeding the usury your credit card is charging on your debt, does it make sense to save instead of pay down debt?

Why are you living off credit cards on 200k a year?

Nothing of significant substance in your post.

What profession did you and your wife choose to get 220k/year? Replace your shart of text with that story and that'll be better than what you wrote.

Attached: wojack_black_hole_sucks_wojack_brainlet.png (1024x595, 1.1M)

YESSSSS! I LOVE ITTT!!

I'm not living off credit cards now but I was when we were broke. It was only after I started making enough to keep my head above water I started paying them off with a vengeance.

Not that hard to make 100k with some ability, user

>However, if you're ROI is not exceeding the 29.99% APR that debt on the credit card is charging you
Agreed, but that is not the case for everyone. that’s why I said it’s not a good for everyone unlike the blanket statement like you said. You’re moving the goalposts and saying all debt is 30% apr credit card debt which is horseshit.

What sage financial advice do you have, shitlord?

>secret
It's well known that the super rich remain that way because they horde money and don't expend it all on fancy bullshit because they know it's all a scam.
There's several multi-billionaires who live out here in bum fuck nowhere because they get to buy a ton of farmland for cheap, throw a really nice house out into a corner of it, and then sit on their residual income for generations. Hell, my Dad knew a millionaire real-estate manager who lived in an old-folks retirement trailer park because it was quiet and he could get a lot out of it for as little as possible.

God you sound exactly like my dad. Gen x are really based

>Basically be a good goy minus debt

Agreed. I should have clarified the point on paying down debt when it's interest is costing you more than the return you get on saving.

>Hoard money
They strike the jackpot on starting a business...

horde, I'm like 3 hours of sleep because oil rig life is shit

Buy a treadmill. It saves time, gym membership and TIME. BUT you will have to learn bodyweight exercises...

One of the wealthiest people I know started the most blue collar, redneck business you can think of - towing - and he is worth millions now. Started out as just him and a truck and now he has a fleet with people working for him.

You cannot be redpilled if your finances are fucked.

Invest in an education to get a good job like OP did so you and your wife can pull > $250k/year and study business and money, and dump all into automated income generating assets.

All this horse shit about brushing your teeth, cleaning your room and clipping coupons only slows you down.

Attached: cross_heals_degeneracy.jpg (1280x632, 422K)

You can't go from no assets and little income to $250k/year and income generating assets without the small tweaks along the way.

>I think I found the secret of being wealthy - act, think, and live like you're poor
so what is the point of getting rich then you retard

OP that's nice, but you're still only at the point where you're focused on increasing your income from labor and keeping expenses low. That's middle class thinking and your children will squander your wealth because they will see no reason to work to increase their income when they already have the money, so why also keep expenses low?

You need to either own your own business, or own assets that provide you passive income, and then focus all your energy on teaching your children not to kill the golden goose. Read The Intelligent Investor and consider starting your own business in your field.

Attached: 1308809303761.jpg (1280x960, 363K)

Dude, the rich dont live like they are poor. Did you ever think they like all those things like yachts, mansions, private chefs, maids, etc because of the mindset it puts them in? The top 1%ers will all tell you being rich is a state of mind. They use debt to make themselves rich. They do not save money, they invest it or buy things to enjoy so they can put themselves in a state of mind to acquire more and keep their assets. They dont budget food, or necessities. They budget their finances in regards to making marginal profits over extended periods of time. They all own rental properties and real estate for passive income, as well as invested into stocks they know will preform from insider trading. They network with the heads of banks to be able to get multi million dollar loans for projects they can't afford without risking their own money, if they fail on another's dime they claim bankruptcy. They hire people to do the things they dont have to do because it saves them time. They dont save time to learn how to do things they can pay people for to make them more money. You literally have no clue what you are talking about and obviously are a larping neet that has no wife, education, or money.

Which is my point, unless you've already done those things to get that pull of 250k/year, you're fucked sideways.

All his advice is good if you want to make scout-leader at the local boy-scout club with your good-goy points. Otherwise he's omitted the one thing that makes his entire recipe work: the high ROI profession he picked.

Find ways to get usury over others. To receive coins from others in perpetuity, so that others may continue to live their lives.

Blind leading the blind, all of you. Cope harder.

Attached: rick_morty_escape_monster.jpg (1181x677, 228K)

>invest 5% of income into company 401k to get the matching funds from company
>some cunt investment fund manager somewhere mismanages your money and you lose 75% of your investments
>???
>profit?

Nah man, you have to be really careful with that stuff. Investment funds you can't control are huge scams. Be extremely wary of putting your money into anything that you can't immediately pull it all out (including banks).

The point is to not be penny smart and pound foolish.

I know a mate who shops religiously for an extra cent here and there on monitors or groceries, then he shells out 800 a month on a Tesla.

Like, what's the point.

>so what is the point of getting rich then you retard
This is a poorfag consumeristic mindset. They watch too many advertisements and it has literally controlled their mind. They think they point of wealth is to consume more. Idiots. Stop watching the electric jew. Go outside.

I 100% believe that people should be practicing ascetics as much as possible, but I've been thinking recently that if people really did that, our economy would vanish. We kind of depend on people buying stupid shit all the time. Where are we going to work if we all become monks?

If everyone has what they need to live a fulfilling and ascetic life, of what use is an economy?

Attached: 1309744938993.png (1000x1366, 429K)

>act, think, and live like you're poor
Haha, nailed it.

OP's a faggot shill and teaching you all to think and act like a poor person and get stuck there.

He's omitted the ONE thing that's made his little story work, the upbringing and how his parents raised him to go into a high ROI profession, and has omitted all the most important details while glorifying how to brush your teeth, clean your room, and clip coupons so you can spent your precious minutes not losing fractions of pennies.

Being rich is a mindset, you need to surround yourself with rich people, become friends with them, get mentored and become their mentees.

youtube.com/watch?v=CJcrbbrKMCE

Attached: gosh_did_i_just_conquer_a_native_empire.jpg (477x486, 114K)

This is a valid point.
I cut my gym membership and work out at home instead, the increase in showering cost is negligible; plus it saves me time in getting there & back so I have more time for other pursuits,

why would you have that much credit card debt to begin with? Only debts I have are for my house and car, neither of them have that much interest.

>what else?
Literally Dave Ramsey

Attached: reparations.jpg (586x499, 37K)

It would be a very rough transition period. We are kind of trapped in a corner here. Without the industrial economy then we wouldn't be able to produce enough food for the current population. We can't all go start farms. There's not enough arable land. We can't all become hunter/gatherers, even if nature was still pristine there wouldn't be enough wildlife to feed everyone alive right now. So any kind of move away from the current paradigm will most likely lead to mass starvation.

user I literally never had a credit card until I was 26. I bought a house and car before having a credit card.

So what is the point of wealth then? Jacking off on piles of gold coins?

Yes, both the wife and I came from middle class homes with married parents. Is that the 'privilege' everyone keeps talking about? And how are you going to surround yourself with rich people if you don't have the education and/or job to put you in their surroundings? You think you're going to go from your mcwage job to hanging out with Scrooge McDuck types at the country club? How is that going to happen?

When there are two of you who are full time students and only make a combined $30k for TA'ing and graduate stipends, you have to have access to lines of credit/debt just to live. There was no choice for several years.

This. Two sides to the coin of living within your means, and therefore generating real wealth are sensible spending (OP's post) and increasing your income.

Frankly the second part is far harder and deserving of more attention. I'm all for saving a bit here and there but if I can find a way to increase my earnings by 30% that'll make a far greater impact.

Attached: 1528577082638.jpg (500x427, 44K)

>Without the industrial economy then we wouldn't be able to produce enough food for the current population. We can't all go start farms. There's not enough arable land.
This is incorrect. With modern organic farming techniques like permaculture, even small plots of land are incredibly productive. We don't need industrial farming, literally gardening can cover everything.

We'll have mass starvation in Asia and Africa despite this, because they're insects and stupid children in adult bodies.

Let the idiots juice up the GDP by purchasing bullshit they can't afford. Let them be the 'optimistic consumers.'

Learn to be rich from other people who have become rich. Donald Trump is one of these people. Among countless others. If the person teaching you isn't rich, they're not qualified to teach.

Read the biography Trump wrote about himself in 'Art of the deal', and watch this.

Discovery Curiosity "What is America Worth" by Donald Trump
dailymotion.com/video/x31apfi

Attached: jesus_hugs_pepe.png (500x608, 154K)

May all your debts be denominated in dollars and your assets in bitcoin, gold and real estate, in that order

>And here we see the typical godless commie. Listen as he struggles to grasp the concept of meaning a purpose beyond material possessions.

The point is to have security, so you know that you can handle what life throws at you, and to be free from having to trade your time for more money to survive. Once you have wealth, you can actually enjoy life and non-money related pursuits like science, art, and family. You can't even imagine this because you're mind-controlled by kike advertisements.

Also, all of you people pushing the entrepreneurship meme...how many of you actually run your own business full time and eat off that? Being your own boss is great but it's also fucking hard, carries a ton of financial/legal/personal risk, and you're always on the job. It's not as simple as just 'being your own boss'

What a blessing of a post. Have an internet and a picture of a cute merchant loli.

Attached: 1301366166275.png (765x990, 631K)

If you're renting, you're throwing away money to enrich another person by not only paying their mortgage, but also the insurance, maintenance and taxes while also providing an incentive for some other dipshit to deal with your shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=NZR_vMTLfIk

Borrow a million dollars from a bank and buy a big house, then put tenants in it. It's not hard assholes. The only thing stopping you is that you're too chicken shit to jump in with both feet.

Attached: local_clown_says_the_n_word.png (500x306, 85K)

Dave Ramsey is smart. I don't get the mindset of flossing like you're rich - having BMW's, designer clothes, every new iGadget, etc. when you're constantly stressed out over your debts and the wolves at your door? Wouldn't you rather come across as unassuming but knowing for yourself you have a nice war chest when needed?

You can be a highly paid serf and be at risk of losing your job and having nothing to fall back on, or you can run your own business with slightly more personal risk and make much more money and be much more secure. Read NN Taleb's Incerto to understand.

I currently make enough money to survive off of my investments, but I'm keeping my current job because I'm trying to stack cash for the incoming economic collapse when I'm going to go balls deep into shorting overpriced crap and buying underpriced companies that get caught in the crossfire (caused by panicking money managers I mentioned above in my post about 401ks).

Attached: 1301366303427.png (800x645, 361K)

How to become a jew in 10 easy steps

You're speaking in platitudes about shit you don't understand. Should a renter buy a house in the everything bubble we find ourselves in? Should they add more debt when they already have a ton? Should they get a mortgage when they have to spend hundreds in PMI? How much of a mortgage can they get with a fucked debt to income ratio? What bank is going to extend someone with bad credit a mortgage for an investment/rental property?

take out a student loan, the interest won't be anything near credit debt.
Also don't live in the city. buy a shitty used car and a house in the boonies. 30k per year can go a long way. and hell you could even rent the rooms in your house to other students.

Of course it's not easy. No one is entitled to be rich. You have to compete, you have to be better. That's how wealth is created. The pipeline set up for us was school, college, career. A lot of people work very hard in this pipeline but are still confused about why they aren't rich. Well the pipeline isn't meant to make you rich, it's meant to make you a productive worker. So to get rich, you have to go outside of this pipeline, which of course will be much more risky.

And that's great and I definitely applaud it. In fact, I hope to be going that direction shortly. My intent in the original post was babysteps for those not currently doing it.

>Read the biography Trump wrote about himself in 'Art of the deal'
He didnt write one word of that book, and the guy who did questioned whether Donald Trump had actually ever read a book on his own time ever. But you have a point, DJT knows about money and being rich and using debt. That is someone who could give you some insight. Now there is a book by DJT and Robert Kiyosaki called "Why We Want You To Be Rich", that would probably be a better suggestion for what you are trying to get across. Robert Kiyosaki of course is the guy who wrote Rich Dad Poor Dad. Probably one of the best at explaining to normies about being rich and what they do to have their wealth. He and DJT also both say being rich is more mental and personal than anything.

Dumbest post I've ever seen

I actually never read Robert Kiyosaki or Dave Ramsey. I have only listened to some Clark Howard and seen 1-2 Ramsey clips in my life. I did read O'Leary's book, and it did have some nuggets in there but it was mostly a pass.

Yes, we need more reactions of tranny's on the young turk to Dave Chappelle threads ASAP. kys

Kiyosaki is a dumbass who pays the bills writing books, not actually being rich. Don't read his crap. Better is to read The Snowball, the biography about Warren Buffett.

Art of the Deal is entertaining, but not very illuminating.

The Intelligent Investor is great, by Benjamin Graham. For something shorter, read The Richest Man in Babylon, by George S Clason, which is a more concise story that covers everything OP mentioned in his post.

The ultimate guide to understanding wealth and how to become and stay wealthy is The Incerto by NN Taleb.

haha shows how much you know. The banks are practically giving the money away at near zero percent interest.

Walk into a bank and ask to get pre-approved for a mortgage for the biggest house you can afford. Read the paperwork they give you very carefully and ask them what steps you can take to increase how much they will extend you.

Donald Trump wasn't given the keys to the throne, merely a solid liftoff and an opportunity to succeed. He writes about it in his book. Trump's dad didn't even give him his first 2 million dollars at 20 years old. Trumps' dad signed on the dotted line for the bank to extend him a 2 million dollar loan. So his dad merely was the person who signed under Trump's name that if Trump loses all his money, he'll make good on the difference.

The story is amazing. D.T. used his 2million dollars to make the minimum payment on a highrise building, use what was left over on the money to pay contractors to refurbish the place. Hounded those contractors and made sure they did great work, like his life depended on it, and then sold the highrise for 10x of its original value. He paid off his original loan and was left with 20 million dollars in liquid cash. for about 2 years worth of work. This was Trump's first big deal. Granted his father was a safety net, and his father was running both point to the operations and also lifting the value of the area through neighboring areas by building a new car-park since there wasn't enough parking. But the point is that Trump used 2 million dollars to turn a 20 million dollar asset into a 42 million dollar asset. he paid off the original loan, flipped that shit like a pancake and then he did the same thing, 10x bigger, another 50 times in a row. Granted 20% of his deals went south and he lost money, but overall the wins paid for the losses times ten.

Real Estate Income. youtube.com/watch?v=n0eTLdQ1cQc

You clearly never purchased a home. Plus, I would argue following that advice in the current housing market is suicidal.

Your intent was probably a nice gesture at heart, but really you are just trying to tell people to be better cogs for the system to keep the wealth in the hands it's already in. If you work for your money and sacrifice your time to make someone else rich, you are also paying taxes, and more taxes than him. I found out when I worked for a contractor being a maintenance man for a dairy. My boss (the contractor) made 280k more than I did, and i paid more in taxes. I paid thousands more. In other professions like doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc... they all pay the most in taxes out of anybody. It's not about getting a high paying job with a good retirement. It's about establishing passive income and assets that either appreciate or generate income. Instead of saving up working 30 years to retire, you could spend your money from a single check and buy a suit and buy some drinks networking with people to learn how to play the game. Learning how to be able to use debt to make you money, learning where to find opportunities for good deals to be made. Being rich is a mental state. Imagine never worrying about spending money because you know it's there. The rich dont pay taxes, people who work for money do.

>The point is to have security, so you know that you can handle what life throws at you,
so assurance that you will be able to consume in the future
>and to be free from having to trade your time for more money to survive. Once you have wealth, you can actually enjoy life and non-money related pursuits like science, art, and family.
...and plain old consumption.

If you're making that much money and have to throw Linux on a laptop to make it usable instead of buying a new one and going to a gym to shower like a fucking hobo you're overdoing it. There's a point where being frugal turns into being a weird autismal faggot and you crossed it.

>Plus, I would argue following that advice in the current housing market is suicidal.
Probably better to wait until the bubble pops.

I'm not a huge Kiyosaki fan, but have read everyone of his books. There is a lot to learn and a lot of the same shit that means nothing. He doesnt actually teach you what you need to do. He explains how they operate and a more philosophical approach to the rich mindset and money in general. I would say that RDPD is a great read for anyone young and new to finance. If you dont like accounting (I do) that book can teach you a good 101 on the basics. I'm not a fan of Dave Ramsey personally, but I know many people here are.

>The Intelligent Investor is great, by Benjamin Graham. For something shorter, read The Richest Man in Babylon, by George S Clason
These are both great and I own them. Being frugal isnt the secret knowledge they are explaining though. I respect Warren Buffet as an investor, but he is also old school. Its beyond investing with WB, he is a center piece in the world economy and a man really worth trillions of dollars. Learn about offshore money and places like Malta, Bermuda, Switzerland... Forbes tells you Bezos is the richest. The Incerto is respected, and I have yet to read it. Like i said, it's a mindset. It's not something you can fathom, you have to live it. I grew up poor, but am very handsome and in an area with access to people with money. I learned going to parties and eventually networking with people with real money. I was poor but living like I was rich because I was able to do everything these people were doing without spending a dime. I eventually was able to start making money, and am still working my way towards not working and living off passive income. I have deals made only possible through people in that field. In 2 years I wont have to work again. People here could really benefit from being more social and networking. There is no other way to do it.

its not acting poor you moron its simply being conservative. don't flaunt your wealth by buying every expensive thing on the market. only niggers and white trash spend money on things they cant afford and are not essential to them.

>>Avoid debt at all costs at all times unless absolutely necessary

What if I told you I got this cash advance loan to invest in the stock market because I knew I could beat the 4% effective interest rate?

Attached: citi flex loan 2.png (776x661, 31K)

Maximize your options. Don't be too attached to one deal going through. Keep lots of different kinds of balls in the air and more in the queue. Degrees of freedom allows for freedom of movement. Freedom of movement allows for acquiring the big win, and the ability to throw a deal into the trash is as important as an ability to run away from the predator. This means if you are really exposed by lots of real estate housing for middle-income, maximize your options by electing to put up a mall, or convention center, or extend the boating fleet. Too many boats? Then buy hummus, a million tons of it.

Use your leverage. You can destroy your leverage with desperation or haste. You always have to deal from a position of strength. To make a deal you need Leverage, and Leverage is having what the other guy wants. You have to be shocking and make a scene. Keywords: Hyperbole and disaster, painting a picture. trump says "Boarding up the hotel is a disaster!" to prevent his adversaries from damaging the location around assets he owns.

Enhance your location. Make the areas and situations around you better and nicer. When you own a piece of land, it becomes your responsibility to keep the area around it "good". Turd polishing has a much lower return on investment than gold polishing, but you can still turn $100 units into $200 just by making the location around your property more desirable. Get involved, promote, be loud, hyperbole, think big, make deals, cut off fools, know your market, leverage.

Think big, If putting a small round peg through the small round hole generates 100 dollars, and putting the heavy square peg through the square hole generates 10000 dollars. Then avoid spamming small round pegs through small holes and prepare to acquire the things necessary to to get the big win, even if it is years off, even if it fills you with fear and is at the edge of your capability.

Attached: moana_maui_board_my_boat.jpg (600x250, 32K)

Have fun. Success makes life more fragile. It's just as easy to lose a hundred million dollars on a bad deal than losing $10 on a bad deal. It's all faith. If you don't enjoy the whole process. You're not going to learn to continually improve and adapt.

Contain the costs. Spend what you have to for the best but not more than you should. Quickly, inexpensively, and adequately. Every penny counts because pennies add up to whole dollars. If a contractor is slipping in some 5k or 10k extras on the bill, trump picks up the phone and complains. People say: "You've got 100m, what are you fussing over a few thousand?" The day he no longer makes a 25 cent call to reign in a scammy contractor and save a few thousand dollars is the day he needs to close up shop. And you set a standard for contractors not to up the ante on their scams. Stopping a little scam now prevents a big scam later. Anything dealing with the government is rife with corruption and scams. The government rarely does anything right and loves to quagmire itself into bureaucratic nonsense, leeching profit from everyone all the while.

Deliver the goods. Guts are not enough. Jimmy Carter had the nerve guts and balls to ask for 5 million dollars out of the blue. But he couldn't do the job. You can't con people for long. You can create excitement, you can get press and get the people riled up, but if at the end you don't deliver the goods, your reputation suffers. Talk is cheap, those who deliver the goods get the last word.

Attached: trump1.jpg (1024x555, 137K)

Fight back. There are times when the only choice is confrontation. When people treat me badly or unfairly or try to take advantage of me my general attitude all my life has been to fight back very hard. The risk (worst case) is that you'll make a bad situation worse for everybody involved. If it's something you believe in, then alienating some people along the way usually works out for the best in the end. If the losers fighting you had any real ability or sense, they wouldn't be fighting you, they would be out doing something productive instead.

Get the word out, communicate. You can have the best product in the world, but if people don't hear about it then it seems illegitimate and not worth your time. You need to communicate excitement and get the word out and convince them of the future path and the destination. The press are always hungry for a good story. Be the good story, the more sensational, the better.

Attached: hey_rabbi_whatcha_doin_fractal.jpg (454x600, 114K)

Know your market. People stuck in criticism mode don't know their market, they fly around from topic to topic never making progress on any one. You can't be afraid of the people you are selling yourself or your product to, and the people who work for you. You have to know what you bring and know why the others are giving you precious minutes of their time. When you're right, you're right. You've got to shout and take a stand for what's right, and when people resist you, clean their clocks and put them back together incorrectly. History will forgive you because you were right.

Protect the downside and the upside will take care of itself. Expect things to fail. Pessimists earn more money over a lifetime than optimists. Trump got his gaming license before attempting to get a casino rather than after he got it. Optimists who expect the gaming license to go through after they bought the casino put themselves into a position of weakness when they threaten to not grant it. The holdups suffered by optimists creates opportunities for pessimists to exploit. Other people get stuck, and have to foreclose and they will be forced to give you something worth 100 units that only costs you 10 units. 100m for only 100k.

Attached: fallout_boy_thumbs_up.jpg (820x481, 88K)

>have no children to save money
>die lonely and alone in a big empty house

I can tell you really respect trump, and good for you. I've read all his books and used to respect him a lot too. His father is overshadowed by him because of the amount of wealth DJT made. You have to understand they were both different types of men. His father wasnt buying skyscrapers in NYC and Manhattan.. He wasnt about that, and was a lot more human and less about being the richest or having the biggest buildings. He was a lot more about family and respect from his crew. DJT was/is about being the smartest and greatest that everybody knows. Like I said, being rich is more about a mindset and mental state than not being in debt and could lose everything on a bad investment. DJT was bailed out by rich Juice multiple times as well, again it's about the networking. What do you think he is doing currently? Trying to save the West, or enriching his brand and keeping power within his family? It's not hard for me to see.

>Avoid debt at all costs at all times unless absolutely necessary
Even housing loans? You pay less tax if you have loans here.

I work at a CPA firm and the "rich" have outrageous expenses. $5,000 a month to maintain his fleet of Ferrari's, $500 per oil change. Rich throw their money away. You can't become Rich. It's all luck, born into the right family. I'll tell ya what. Every rich man I know sells his soul for his career. Their career is all that is important. Selling your soul and worshipping Mammon is how you become rich.

$200k is hardly rich, yeah it's a nice sum when the average joe makes 40-60 but you will never rich the 10 million /year number, and most likely never reach even 1 million a year, unless you sell your soul and give up all that is important. To become rich, Money must be the ONLY goal in your life. No hobbies, no attention to family, no care about your health. etc.

DJT father gave him millions upon millions. Don't believe the 2 million story. Who do you think inherited all of his dad's wealth and assets?

People are gullible morons.

Men who 'make it on their own' cap out about 2-10 million. Nothing more. People claim Bezos and Musk did it on their own. hahahaaha No, not at all. They all have family money and investors. They are not the average joe.

Poor people tend to never want to do better so remain in a constant state of struggle. Even when they win millions its gone within 3-5 years because they spend it all on a whim. Like they do their paychecks every pay day. They don't save. They don't plan. Nothing.

This. The ones that make it are literally 1/100000 of business owners.

only non-retarded posts of the thread

For the extremely wealthy? Power/influence. More resources to play with gives you more power/influence to shape the world as you see fit.

>middle class
>parents were probably multi-millionaires themselves
>kek

Get a job. Do good work.
Buy stuff that generates money like the wind spins a turbine.

When the wind blows, that is money.

All you need is the equipment to extract the money out of the molecules in the moving air.

Same with people in motion.

Go to Church, do everything God tells you to do, authentically and as if your life depended on it, Ask god to be rich beyond measure.

youtube.com/watch?v=fRXDr94_SKA

Attached: jesus_saves_those_who_dont_know_they_are_drowning.png (640x641, 880K)

This

Let me guess. You live in some part of the U.S. where a house costs less than $50,000. Also, if you're paying a mortgage, you don't own your house, the bank does.

Just another carrot to have you take up unnecessary loans. I'm 29 and I'm debt free. I do rent and have a car. I'd buy an apartment but my shitty nurse salary barely covers a $200k apartment loan. And then you add the utilities, electricity and such I would be a sucker living wage to wage. As long as I'm single I'll rent. I have half a year worth of salaries saved up so I'm better off than 90% of my peers. I may have less money because I never take a loan, unlike my sister who has lots of money but she also has lots of debt because studies. She gets angry when I point out that, yes, I do have less money than her but I dont have debt to pay back. My money is mine. After the bills and taxes I'm free to spend my money however I want. Feels good to not be a slave to bankers.

>What’s the point of working your ass off?

Are you serious? The point is to sock away money, maybe buy investment property, and not have to sweat if you lose a job, if you need a new roof and furnace all at once, if you have triplets unexpectedly. And to leave something to your kids...although be careful about this, or it will ruin them.

this. also many people like OP just assume everything will be cool and they'll be living large when they get older. life is a fucking crap shoot and by 40 like 30% of people experience health problems and it rises exponentially from that point onward no matter how good you've taken care of yourself or how much money you saved, none of it means shit if your health goes