I'm atheist, but I can't come up with any good response to this

Seriously, my whole world view has been destroyed by this.

Attached: Atheist creation.jpg (1121x346, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_paradox
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
youtube.com/watch?v=zWgTJ_lD-zA
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> never left Earth. went to the moon once and never came back
> thinks they know how the universe works
LOL, american golems are cringe.

Went to the moon several times.

I mastered quantum chaos. Its hard. But causality proves it. The more you try the more you will find that god is a perspective of any lifeform. And thus, is created in the same idea of nothing that so called athiests claim the universe came from. Total chaos has a definite answer. The rest of this post has been redacted.

Attached: ZomboMeme 01062019211042.jpg (468x631, 54K)

And your country, yourself has accomplished what exactly?

>I'm atheist, but I can't come up with any good response to this
If that's true you might enjoy The Devil's Delusion by atheist jew David Berlinski. Basically, a catalog of where science falls away to nonsense and handwaving. If you can't bring yourself to pray to a god, yet you tire of the smug sanctimony of the religion of science, you might enjoy this series of smart, sharp pokes.

lol ur so dumb, atheist aren't saying the world just became with the big bang, they are POSITING it happened this way, until further data changes hypothesis.

Theist on the other hand, affirm they know the only truth, and that truth happens to be a stupid story you read to young kids so they don't masturbate so much...

Theists BTFO.

>all theists are Christians
Imagine having 100 IQ

Attached: 5F3D6673-12E3-4F93-8D37-075FF1950156.jpg (645x729, 42K)

Nice way to derail the thread, Cletus.

>MUH GOD OF THE GAPS
the universe is a simulation
explain yourselves theists

Attached: C41016D8-3953-478A-8D16-E62BC244CFE0.jpg (960x698, 88K)

or a story that the Earth is really an upside down turtle, or that the Earth is really us and we're the Earth because everything is one, or yet some other dumbfuck religious cosmology.

BTFOed another stupid theist

That’s because there isn’t one. Just accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and know that God will reward your faith in Heaven

Attached: 2EA83D97-46D0-4C54-9B4D-B1B4628E5D1B.png (3840x2160, 2.8M)

>he's not a Spinozist
pathetic

Attached: 1536724063408.jpg (600x732, 77K)

If real, God is a non-earthling who is intelligent. That makes hime extraterrestrial intelligence.
> TFW all religious people are firm believers in extraterrestrial intelligence.

Attached: Gttfw+girls+my+age+prefer+guys+their+age+or+_0e532426a78c062e5b224150d7760126.jpg (601x508, 45K)

which is more absurd,, that a god made the universe or that it always was? Which is a more comforting thought, the universe is random and shit happens or that all the suffering and injustice that surrounds us is on purpose?

nice strawman meme of an atheist view point.

Atheism doesn't want to explain how the universe was created. It just denies random assumptioms of other ideologies.

And that's why religion always has been and always will be a blue pill

Imagine having the theological sophistication of a child who needs to stop masturbating

Attached: B3CB5BD8-708C-4D0F-8B6B-CE13C0633603.jpg (396x385, 31K)

Atheists are willing to believe that the universe is a math simulation by a higher form of life, but not in a god creating the universe.....

You don't have to know what happened billions of years ago to say "Your stupid supernatural Middle Eastern stories found in a Holy Book aren't true."

You can call religious people stupid all you want, but in the end, this image is why you will loose.

Attached: bioatheism-principles-4-638.jpg (638x479, 82K)

Children of religious couples can become atheist, user.

I'm a child that needs to stop masturbating and my theological sophistication is waaay better than this
don't judge cumbrains

>all religions are Judaism/Christianity/Islam
>religion is genetic
>spicy transcendent theology disguised as rationalism

Attached: 1537578502128.jpg (869x873, 67K)

>Imagine not bringing a single argument to the table only character insults and edgy sarcasm.

Hey, wait... that's pretty much the only type of reasoning dumb theists are capable of...

I’m sorry beanerfren

Is the I LOVE SCIENCE theory cyclical: matter has always existed, the universe contracts and expands eternally and the big singularity is but one peak of that density wave?
Because honestly if not and shit's linear one way ticket to heat death God almost seems more likely

>all religions are Judaism/Christianity/Islam

I didn't say that.

Those are the most popular religions in Western countries and therefore the ones we mainly talk about on Jow Forums.

that's the scientific, not the atheist explanation. A lot of scientists like einstein were agnostic because they don't know what there was before that explosion, if there was a before as we intend it

Attached: 1567620636598.jpg (947x1200, 211K)

user I was just matching your style.
If you want a discussion we can discuss:
A1a: we live in a causal universe
A1b: every effect has a cause
A2a: if we follow that chain back far enough we reach “the beginning of our universe”
A2b: If an in-universe cause preceded this, it is not “the beginning of our universe”
Therefore our universe began with an external cause;

B1: premise A1 is foundational to discerning truth through science
B2: premise A2 is a tautology.
Therefore arguing against A requires you to argue against the validity of the foundation of using science to discern knowledge.

That's not what atheism hold to be true though. The big bang is just the earliest thing that we can say to know to have happened based on the evidence. There's tons and tons of hypotheses about what caused the big bang, but the point is that we don't know for sure because we don't have any conclusive data or theory and its basically human nature to talk as if our boundry of knowledge is somehow the limit of all possible knowledge for some reason. Any serious cosmologist will tell you that there's still serious work being done to determine what caused the big bang or even what happened at the very very earliest time of the universe.

>Einstein
>scientist
Fraudulent plagiarists are not scientists, user.

>they are POSITING it happened this way, until further data changes hypothesis.
Based on what observation?

If there were a god, would he really invent niggers?

What if it wasn't God? What if it was the other guy?

explain

Attached: fdsfsdfr.png (992x721, 585K)

Wow dumb theist are so obssessed with their own bellybutton that they believe everything must have a beginning and an end because: MuH lYFe HaS a BeGiNnInG aNd An EnD!!!

No one said the bigbang is the beginning of our world, it's just the only reasonable explanation we found for redshift...

But you are God creating reality around you as you live and breathe. You can take control of the reality around you and change it.

>Imagine not bringing a single argument to the table only character insults and edgy sarcasm.
Funny, that

Attached: 049D737D-06C2-49C1-AB82-669BA19FC7A1.jpg (710x823, 90K)

How did God get there? Checkmate, fellow atheist.

The Universe only exists in your mind.

Redshift, all cosmic bodies are slowly drifting away from eachother, suggesting some central thing "blew up", sending all bodies drifting away from the point of origin. Then again, that might be wrong but it's the best guess we have at the moment and nobody ever claimed it is an absolute truth, unlike dumb theists who believe they can't be wrong and that our comprehension of the world hasn't evolved since our inception...

Hey, I'm bringing insults AND arguments, like I said, all you are bringing are logical fallacies and insults...

/thread

Icr.org has the scientifically sound answers you are looking for. Research the archives. No one will even know. God bless you

I just have on question for you ahiests. Why on earth are you so dumb?

You did not refute a premise or find a flaw in the way a conclusion was drawn.
Try again

Your picture has nothing to do with atheism.

Bait harder.
It's not the Atheist's duty to justify every scientific theory out there, just reject the fairy tales.

They aren’t allowed to have thoughts that aren’t told to them by men in white coats, so they end up with “facts” but no “knowledge”

Deism is where I've settled. Something is going on behind the curtain but I don't know what

Deism is pretty lazy. Don’t spend too long there.

>causality necessarily applies to a transcendent being
read Kant and come back
logical positivists should be shot

I used to rack my brain over how the Universe came into being. Now I don't really care. Every great European man I admire was essentially a Deist and saw through organized religion for what it is.

For arguments sake though, I believe that black holes suck in galaxies' worth of energy and then create a new dimension, I guess. That just begs the question of how the 'original' universe came to be, but like I said, I don't really bother thinking about it very much anymore.

The universe exists, we exist and we are confined to this planet. Dreaming about what is or how it works outside our planet is noble and good thinking, but it's pretty useless ultimately.

Not as fast as religious ones are born as atheists are selfish cunts who’d rather spend money on their hedonistic lifestyle than raise a child. We were selected to be religious.

Okay so basically this image is saying that it makes more sense for there to be a God than the theory of "nothing exploding into something".. so that's most likely implying Its impossible to assume the universe has been around forever, no beginning no end, and implying its slightly ridiculous for it to have been created from nothing as well. But you could also say the same about God, if that were the avtual answer to the creation of the universe..
For that to work you would also be implying that God has just existed forever and created everything around us. If you can believe a benevolent being had existed forever to create the universe , it doesnt seem to ridiculous to imagine the universe could just exist infinitely instead of a God..
Also another thing to think about, what created God?

In my opinion humans cant grasp the concept of infinity, because it's in our mental makeup to search for a 'cause & effect'.. But in reality the universe just might have none, we couldnt mentally grasp that concept if we tried.

I'm not even an atheist and I can refute this.

First, no one says everything spontaneously explodes into existence from nothing without there being a process or a cause. We are trying to understand that whole process and there are MANY theories about it...

And, quite honestly, none of them preclude a higher power. It's entirely possible that any one of the theories behind the cause of the Big Bang might be correct... and that some higher power is what caused that.

Each time we determine the why behind something, we're presented with a new thing to question. It's somewhat reassuring to think that, behind the last layer of the onion, is the higher power just waiting for us to have the understanding we need to ask him something of relevance.

I just did, your affirmation that causality means there is a beginning and an end to all phenomena is flawed for the simple reason that it assumes the universe is finite, which we have no proof of. The concept of infinitesimal illustrates how there may be no beginning or ultimate value to a concept, who says that isn't also the case of our universe???

On a more social note, why should I believe snake-oil vendors that all claim their snake oil is the best and have a vested interest in what people believe in order to better control them?

Religion is too obvious of a con job to fall for it, if you have at least half a brain that is...

Actually we have quite a lot of proof the universe is finite and that entropy exists. As you mentioned earlier we also know that everything is moving away from an origin point. Putting aside the obvious meaning of “origin” if the universe stretched back through infinite time we would already be in heat death. Considering dozens of stars die for every new one we discover, we would also be nearly out of stars, if they were even close enough for light perceptible to reach us
It’s an absolutely fantasy to assume the universe would be infinite, truly grasping at straws, but I want to keep in mind you are not opposed to things being infinite, which I’m sure will come up later.

Try again. This time, try not to deny science.
It’s not a good look on an atheist.

Our universe is a black hole in a 5D universe

4 physical dimensions + time

What's the proof of a beginning?

you got so butthurt about that thread you had to make a similar one
don't forget to go to church on sunday and beg some pedophile in black skirt for forgiveness for posting on online nazi forum

Why 4 and not 3?

>''Actually we have quite a lot of proof the universe is finite and that entropy exists.''
>provides no proof, doesn't even namedrop a concept.
lel, try harder dumb theist.

>if universe is infinite we would already be in heat death
wtf does that even mean??
>if universe is infinite we would also be nearly out of stars
dude, wtf are you on about, you don't even know stars are born constantly out of nebulae, and you accuse me of denying science???

Fuck this theist shit show. You fags don't know shit about nothing.

Attached: carlan sagan party sucks.gif (500x394, 1.15M)

Sigh...
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_paradox

You clearly know fuck all about anything, click that second link and it’s about how you are retarded to think the universe is eternal.

this is bait

Attached: 1541555948771.jpg (307x309, 18K)

It almost has to be, but it’s also really likely he’s trying to cope with just now learning he lives in a created universe.

He already tossed science under the bus. Almost immediately.

>guy doesn't even know that stars can be born, wants to teach me science with a dumb wikipedia article.
I know you dumb theists don't go to school, even less postgraduate school, cuz you know, you gotta learn your holy text and suck the prophet's cock and all that takes up a lot of your time, but I've studied astronomy in university, with actual physicists, you can fuck right off with your wikipedia.

Guy doesn't even know how stars are born...

>Considering dozens of stars die for every new one we discover

You are basically helpless. Even if I hadn’t already said exactly what you are claiming I “don’t know” it doesn’t help your argument.
But I get it, Sky man bad so fuck science if that’s what it takes.

Attached: 6639E726-3B4C-427C-9503-CAFFA9B057C3.png (645x773, 49K)

even the dumbest nu atheist redditors understand entropy
you don't simultaneously base your belief system around science and deny science
this lad ain't for real, it HAS to be bait

The fuck has Brazil done besides destroy shit and turn tit jobs into a cultural phenomenon

Instead of saying this: I'm an atheist and I don't believe in God.
Say this: I'm going to hold my opinion on things until I am older and wiser.

Pretty much every time I post the proof the end result is an absolute meltdown or outright denial of science. This one is a bit of both.
Doesn’t seem much worth continuing since he is consistently lying.

yes, but usually they are not. Those children that become atheist wont reproduce, and those that stay religious will have 6 kids. Winner winner chicken dinner.

>dumb theists be like: tHe LaWs Of ThErMoDyNaMiCs As StAtEd By SoMe DuDe In 1862 ApPlY eVeRyWhErE fOr ThE rEsT oF hUmAniTy AnD wIlL nEvEr Be ImPrOvEd, We FiGuReD eVeRyThInG oUt SiNcE 1862 GG AtHeIsTs

Attached: muldertruth.jpg (723x1024, 52K)

Even if God exists, I don't see why I should worship a being just because it's infinitely stronger and more knowledgeable than me. If such a being preemptively determines my fate, it is my owner and therefore I must rebel to ascert my own free will. If I do already have free will then I am the sole master of my destiny and whatever forces outside of my control alter my life are the result of the decisions of other people, therefore praying to a higher being for providence is worthless.

Your u seem to not have an argument.

I accept your concession.

Attached: 42BD21C8-4E5F-46EE-916F-0D5DCB935582.jpg (750x402, 27K)

Okay, ill bite. That line of thinking can go on for infinity. Lets assume there was an "external" actor or "god" that started our universe. then where did that come from and what started it? and then what started the thing that started the thing that started our universe? repeat forever and ever.

The statement in that image is false just like everything else your cult does.

simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

not to mention you started this tread with a lie about you not being a cult that you are obviously pushing.

normal people have every right to kill your kids for attempting to stop them from having their own without the involvement of your extortion group

Attached: SiTbbz9.gif (390x296, 888K)

ditto theist, notice how my post has an argument, and yours none.

theists BTFOed yet again

Attached: sure fine whatever.gif (375x250, 1.24M)

So you are saying what OP posted, but with mental gymnastics. Good to know.

The realm external to our causal universe need not be causal itself, or comprehensible by any of the logic we’ve developed within our universe.

To add: even if we assume it is causal and comprehensible, it doesn’t really change or invalidate the argument. Could well be “turtles all the way down”, but that certainly doesn’t mean we don’t have a turtle situation here.

There are only two possible theories, either the universe exists because of some external cause, and therefore has a beginning caused by something that is NOT physical, and therefore not ruled by physical laws, or it has always existed.

The latter is retarded, and in order to be faithful to the naturalistic worldview, it violates the laws of physics.

This is the third "I'm an athiest/Christian and this shitty image has blown my ideas the fuck out" thread I've seen made in the past hour or two. What's being slid?

pffffthahahaha, thats such an intellectual cop out. But okay bud, whatever you say. I know talking to morons online has inflated your ego and sense of intelligence but tone it down a notch, its cringey and over-exaggerated.

It’s true. Besides I also followed up on that:
It isn’t really relevant.

youtube.com/watch?v=zWgTJ_lD-zA

I don't understand how this is so difficult for humanity to grasp.

Not only is this true, it IS THE MOST LIKELY REALITY.

I think that this thread and many others religious threads on Jow Forums highlight very clearly that modern theists are not able to prove absolutely fucking anything using deduction or other empirical methods without resorting to childish fallacies. This thread can be summarized as "X sounds impossible, therefore God must exist", or "modern science does not know X, therefore God must exist". This on itself is quite interesting, since it shows how badly the religious dogma has been refuted and destroyed over the last 300 years by thinkers and philosophers. It got demolished so badly that modern theists do not even start with proposing their religious doctrines, they instead immediately start with pointing out "flaws" in atheism, but they fail, since they line of reasoning is flawed to begin with - it is not a reasoning at all, just some kind of weird butthurt mental gymnastiscs.

Shills are faggits
Facebook is here and will always take the b8

Hey bro please elaborate, or could you at least point a mutt in the right direction?

Nobody can prove anything, on any meaningful level Science requires as much faith as religion. Any wise believer in creation isn't going to bother to prove anything. They will freely admit they cannot and move on to the impact their beliefs have on the Spirit and character of the believer.

On the other hand, Atheists are all about proving the unproven.

It also disproves pagan cosmologies about the universe being eternal, as if entropy didn't finish the job

>turn tit jobs into a cultural phenomenon
You answered your own question. This is more important than visiting the moon.

>not able to prove absolutely fucking anything using deduction or other empirical methods
did you just fucking imply that deduction is a form of empirical methodology?
please stop posting

Attached: 1554503655140.jpg (750x846, 263K)

Even as big and old as the universe is the odds of a single protein spontaneously forming is ludicrously, mind bogglingly low. The odds of multiple ones forming right next to each other and forming life is just retarded.