"the more we owe, the wealthier we are."

Is this Congressman correct?

youtu.be/UjbPZAMked0

Attached: US-National-Debt-GDP-graph.png (676x400, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tradingeconomics.com/bonds
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

According to a popular school of monetary theory

There will be a day when you will need to pay it back. Probably once China has enough influence to at least partially stop the dollar from being an international accepted currency.

fake wealth

And we will call that Imperial Chinese debt. Even Steven.

Pay Greece the money you owe them.

borrowing money to invest isn't even a bad thing

it's why almost everyone has debt

and it's even better when you have the world's strongest currency and can print more of it, leeching wealth from poorfags in other countries holding USD

Nah dont worry once it happens europe will get fucked up too. How bad, depends on how deep you fall, how much China weakened the Dollar and if the EU still uses the Dollar in some areas.

>There will be a day when you will need to pay it back
The debt is expressed in dollars and mostly held domestic so its easy to restructure.

> Probably once China has enough influence to at least partially stop the dollar from being an international accepted currency
You cant stop a currency from being internationally accepted you dumb fucking cunt.

>how much China weakened the Dollar
How?

>the more we owe,
I dont owe the Feds do

> The debt is expressed in dollars and mostly held domestic so its easy to restructure.
Restructue domestic debt, so the USA would nationalise the debt, more or less? That would trigger exactly the crisis I am talking about as everyone who can abandons the Dollar out of fear.

>You cant stop a currency from being internationally accepted you dumb fucking cunt.
Wrong chosing of words. Stop the Dollar from being used in international trade as the main currency. That, of course you can. By replacing it with something else. Like Yuan. What WILL happen in Africa, Asia, maybe Russia if they let it happen. Euro in Europe, if the EU overcomes its weaknesses and cuts the connections with the USA. which will happen if Trump wins the elections.

Words of truth.

>what is Triffin dilemma

I like how we still haven't paid off our WW2 debt.

>Bush tax social security increase created revenue surplus under Clinton.
>Republican budget battles with Clinton stopped him from spending it all
>Two massive recessions brought on by Dotcom bubble fueled by Clinton and the other forcing banks to issue bad federal backed loans.
>Engage in massive global war
>Obama then spent like crazy to create a fake equity inflation to pretend as economic growth
>Trump comes in and says fuck it why should I not get to do the same.

Stop acting like this is all Republicans faggot.

Make Germany pay for it.

>U.S. was never capitalist until the 80's
Give me a break

You did it after WWI, so we started WWII. So we would need to start WWIII now. Dont you learn?

You tell me OP. Who is wealthier? The bum on the street with $2 in his pocket who owes no debt or the nigger living in the Hamptons with 5 maxed out credit cards and a $400,000 dollar mortgage?

Yes. Because the money is Jew paper and the debt is owed to the Jews.

>borrowing money to invest isn't even a bad thing
"Let's borrow money so nogs can retire at the age of 15 by abusing welfare.
>investment

>nationalise the debt, more or less?
There are many ways deleverage without causing a crisis. raise taxes on the haves and buy back debt for example increase inflation etc.

> Stop the Dollar from being used in international trade as the main currency
Its called the reserve currency.

>By replacing it with something else
People choose a reserve currency based on its stability and risk, China can not force other nations to use the Yuan as the reserve currency they have no power projection and besides that they rely upon currency manipulation to keep their exports viable which makes the currency unsuitable as reserve currency.

>EU overcomes its weaknesses and cuts the connections with the USA
This will not happen in the coming 50 years.

>borrowing money to invest isn't even a bad thing
All depends on your yield and the risk free rate.

But who benefits from this?

If a debtor owes you $1,000,000, their ability to pay is their problem. If a debtor owes you $1,000,000,000,000, it becomes your problem.

The one who has more assets-liabilities i.e. the guy who lives in the Hampton's because you need assets to borrow. But nice edgy comment also a 400k mortgage is nothing in the Hampton's most houses are 10M there.

Yes

America is to big to fail.

>There are many ways deleverage without causing a crisis. raise taxes on the haves and buy back debt for example increase inflation etc.
Maybe, but it would mean making a positive budget and I dont think the USA could manage it and maintain its current position. They would need to greatly cut expenses for example in the military.

>People choose a reserve currency based on its stability and risk, China can not force other nations to use the Yuan as the reserve currency they have no power projection and besides that they rely upon currency manipulation to keep their exports viable which makes the currency unsuitable as reserve currency.
Not tomorow, but China has increasing shares and trade influence on the mentioned Africa and most of Asia. They will need years of preparation, stabilise the Yuan, further increase inner consumption, further invest into those countries. Than they can do it. As it will slightly hurt them and maybe demolish the USA. They will try to do it. Unless the USA have a secret leverage on China we dont know of.
>This will not happen in the coming 50 years. Than it would soften the crisis for the USA, deepen it for the EU. But it wouldnt stop it.

Its a problem for both. And it depends who can outpower the other, in international influence, inner stability, economical power etc. Currently the USA have the upper hand. But it likely will change, if things stay as they are.

pay depmbts germany

>Maybe, but it would mean making a positive budget and I dont think the USA could manage it and maintain its current position
Not really they could just increase taxes, but instead the issue debt and pay intrest to their capitalist friends.

>They would need to greatly cut expenses for example in the military.
The US has 100T usd national wealth, they spend 700B usd or so on the military and 450B usd on intrest, they could tax wealth pay back debt stop paying intrest and fund the military with a minuscule increase in tax burden.

>Unless the USA have a secret leverage on China we dont know of.
The US could stop buying from china, and use other low wage countries to produce their crap, they could start a war in the middle east, they could manipulate the oil supply, they could block the straight of malacca, they could stop exporting food to china etc. The US still holds all the cards.

If you think debt somehow makes you richer, you're retarded. It all depends on what you do with the borrowed money, knowing government, I'm gonna say it's not well utilized and basically means they're buying votes.

News flash the US controls the world.

its not really anyones fault but congress. the president submits a budget and then the congress can add whatever the fuck they want to a budget. if the president doesnt approve the new budget we enter a government shutdown like we have the last like 3 years. so the government shutdown pressures the president not to veto this insane spending that congressmen only add so they can make re-election videos for their constituents that they bribe with federal money. the budget gets passed and we have INSANE deficits so congress asks the president to borrow money. so at the end of the day, the president never wanted to fund these shitty programs but congressmen who wanted votes strong arm them into it. its a really fucked system

>Not really they could just increase taxes, but instead the issue debt and pay intrest to their capitalist friends.
As if increasing taxes enough to pay the debt is easy especially in the USA. The common people dont like it, the wall street doesnt like it, lobbyist dont like it, noone likes it. Any government trying to significantly increase taxes will get voted out. So instead they stick to the current loop of paying debts by more debt and printing money. Because it doesnt hurt today, the common people arent interested about what will be in a few years.

>The US could stop buying from china, and use other low wage countries to produce their crap, they could start a war in the middle east, they could manipulate the oil supply, they could block the straight of malacca, they could stop exporting food to china etc. The US still holds all the cards.
China already shifts away from cheap exports (which will take some more years, but it wont stay like it is for ever).
A war in the middle east would strain the USA badly as well. Would be a high risk as China (and russia) would back Iran, at least secretly. China can depend on russian oil for some time. They wouldnt like it, but they could survive for some time without giving in to the USA.
Blocking straight of malacca would mean instant war, the economical war wouldnt matter and noone would win.
cutting food exports to china wouldnt starve them. They can feed themselfes if needed.

China is dependent on oil from the middle east, China is depended on exports and high tech imports where as the US could just use an other lower income country. China is dependent upon food exports they don't have enough arable land to provide for themselves. And when push comes to shove The US navy is 4 times larger than the Chinese and much more advanced.
The US holds the cards China cant do anything to the US. The US is the center of the world China is nothing but a country trapped in the middle income country trap with a destabilizing constructor sector. To bad you stupid krauts fall for Chinese propaganda and are willing to give them your technology at a bargain price.

>and trump
Why not and Obama?

Attached: 762.jpg (294x313, 55K)

food imports**

Attached: US-Fleet-overview.jpg (2048x1365, 297K)

They are developing chinese owned high tech, Huawei build 5g networks in europe now. They are dependent on exports now, developing the inner market. They have the manpower to fuel their own economy and it will happen in a few years. but they are slowly shifting away from that. They DO have enough arable land. I googled, the main chinese foodimport from the USA are fucking basedbeans. They wont starve without US food exports.
The navy is far bigger and that actually wont change anytime soon. But if china gets desperate and open war is started, they will invade Taiwan (maintaining naval superiority so close to china is very difficult) and south korea. And than it escalates. And if china looses they will launch their nukes.

Yes. That is how rich people use debt, as a tool.
I guarantee I have more debt than 80% of the people on this website, but I also have much more in value.
I think I have around 80k worth of revolving debt, and twice that in assets.
Always borrowing more and more and i get where I want to be.
Debt is only scary to poor people.

* But they are slowly shifting away from financing themselfes by cheap exports
**so ybeans. weird.
***the US navy

Political hack are incapable of making bona fide arguments.

The Jew banker who financed the nigger and will somehow weasel a way to get the $2 out of the hobos pocket and into his own.
Wealth is fuelled by hunger

Tell me when was the last time a country escaped the middle income trap?

Attached: 1533920045165.jpg (584x440, 47K)

It never applied to such a massive and ambitious country as China up to this point.
Also blocking the strait of malacca would antagonize everone. Not only chinese trade is shipping through there.

Also I am stupid, of course countries did that. most of east asia.

Taiwan, South Korea, partially Japan up to this point.

why does the nigger get a free pass?

>american debt is owned by china meme
get out normie

Its not. The thing is the debt is getting paid only thanks to the power of the US dollar. and china will be able to change that soon, in my opinion.

>I don't understand how debt works

> Iam a delusional US patriot.

so 40 years ago and Japan an Korea are already in decline. China wil be grey before they are rich, no nation has become rich after their population was greying.

Its a last option to blockade China, but they could not do shit about it... my only point is you are talking about China as if they could do shit while if the US wanted they could end China's economy today. Personally i get sick and tiered of European China fanboys, especially because China is a totalitarian surveillance state that does not give passports foreigners, and will not engage in multilateralisme.

Its typical boomer behavior to cheer on China, dumb fucking idiots.

Attached: 1531064443514.jpg (400x300, 105K)

I am not really cheering China. More like not believing in the USA.
But we will see. If China doesnt attempt what i am describing or fails miserably by 2035 and China wont be at least a competing superpower that might outpower the USA economically, you were right. You can screenshot it or something :-P

It's all fundamentally based upon nothing, so ... yes?

>at least a competing superpower
They won't they have have no freedom to roam, they are have direct treats at their doorsteps, while the US can not be challenged by anyone in the Americas and defended by 2 big oceans.

>might outpower the USA economically
They will probably have a higher GDP but not all economic sectors provide the same "economical power" per GDP.

So, just max out your credit cards and you're good to go? Thanks rabbi!

One man's debt is an other man's income, the problem is a massive rise in debt, and a tricky deleveraging phase.Its not the same a a credit card tho because you can not print currency unlike the bureau of engraving and printing.

The only real problem with the debt is the fact that we have to pay interest on it.

Attached: deficit_vs_interest_payments.png (1168x450, 73K)

to who? hegde funds, pension funds, local government and private individuals, if you tax them more you solve the problem.

10 yr US T bonds only yield 86 basis points above 2019 inflation rate.

Yes, but compare it to other nations like Japan, Germany, France which have negative rates.
tradingeconomics.com/bonds

Yeah i know.

you just answered your own question

japan owns more of our debt than china and we're best friends

Attached: donald-trump-angela-merkel-g7-summit.jpg (2405x1603, 2.85M)

>you literally pay money to give a bank access to your money
how cucked is that?

Not the bank the government. but it is not much different from 0% intrest deposits when the inflation is above 0%.

the USA is cruising on inertia at the moment. Once that runs out she's fucked.

The US created almost 9T usd of wealth 2016-2017, 1.5 times its total foreign debt.

Attached: Global wealth 2.png (1092x623, 18K)

Attached: 1k2po6xlv8f21.png (1409x1725, 2.23M)