Jury nullification

why the hell do lawyers ask you if you know about jury nulification if they just plan to reject you for saying yes? whats the point of having it if knowing it excludes you from using jury nullification?

Attached: 1566240166781.png (499x537, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=od2ELSrbjHM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Because it's an informal law that threatens their power dumbass. Also you must have been acting like a sperg if they asked you about it, they usually just pick the retards for jury

Hypothetically, the entire justice system could collapse if every single citizen learned of it.
That or they'd have to remove nullification.

well they thought i was retarded enough for jury duty until they mentioned nullification laws in a more round-about way such as if i would compromise a verdict with my own personal beliefs about the law. i asked if they mean jury nulification and the interview was pretty much decided right then and there.

The prosejewtor wants 12 of the dumbest goy they can find that will believe any of their lies.
The defense wants 12 of the dumbest goy they can find who believe any of their excuses.
Knowing you actually have the power to determine what is just and not the (((judges))) immediately disqualifies you. It makes you a bad goy.

If you lie about knowing about your nullification powers just to be seated in a jury, it's actually a crime. You're asked direct questions about bias in the case for or against the accused. To lie about either of these just to be seated is considered perjury, and later cause for your removal. If you try to inform other jurors that they also have this power, it's considered jury tampering.

Nullification no longer even really exists. If a single holdout in a 12 Angry Goy situation happens in a modern courtroom, simply refusing to convict without being able to deliberate their position, because "he's standing with his tribe" the trial is not thrown and the jury is not hung. He is deemed to be uncooperative and unreasonable, kicked off the jury, and they decide with 11.

at that point why even have jury nullification? how the fuck is telling a jury that they can just say these laws are unjust tampering with the jury? i could have actually stopped my fellow american from going to jail over unjust laws but the lawyers stacked the court

We never had nullification. It has never been an "official" rule or power in trial. It's the romanticized name we've given for citizens simply refusing to charge their fellow men when the Crown put stupid laws in place.

Of course the (((history books))) only ever use it to talk about dem rayciss wypio who refused to convict someone who killed a gudboi who dindu nuffin wrang. That's the context you'll always hear when someone argues about why we must find a way to do away with the power of a jury to simply refuse to convict.

>the entire justice system could collapse if every single citizen learned of it.

your ignorance of the origins and reasons why we have juries is astounding

>Section 19. In all criminal cases whatever, the jury shall have the right to determine the law and the facts.

why???
because sometimes tyrants make laws that are unjust

>We never had nullification.

we did until
Sparf v US (1895)

where the Supreme Court decided a judge had no direct duty to fully inform a jury of its rights

Because if you lie and say no and all of a sudden there is a jury nullification in the trial you will get brought up for perjury. Sure, it's hearsay, but the lawyer has plenty of evidence against you especially in a courtroom. It assures that we never get to actually have a say in the law as a community. The lawyer society continues forward trampling on the backs of all the citizenry.

>jury selection

Why the fuck do Americans have this? Why is this even a thing? What retarded moron deviated from English common law to invent this?

Attached: 1562956916500.png (317x317, 118K)

how does jury duty work in britland?

Could've played dumb to that, now you can't ever use jury nullification lol

i honestly had no idea that just knowing about jury nullification would disqualify me from participation

>Hypothetically, the entire justice system could collapse if every single citizen learned of it.
Realistically, it already has.
A nigger got found innocent of raping a white women and she was on camera running outside half naked screaming for help and him forcefully dragging her back inside two times in the same night.
It was so blatant it made OJ look innocent.
A black attacker of a white victim will get off with a black jury no matter the evidence.

ya, kinda fucked isn't it
It is in the state constitution of several states
>Section 19. In all criminal cases whatever, the jury shall have the right to determine the law and the facts.

> I’m making stuff up on the spot

11-1 hung juries happen fairly frequently. It would be ripe for the appellate authorities to overturn because the one hold out for not guilty was kicked out of deliberations for not deliberating their position.

Show me some case law where a jury of 12 had one hold out kicked out and they reach a verdict with 11 and it was upheld. I’ll fast forward to the end ....you won’t find one

Jury nullification is alive and well.

do you know the city or the names that were in the case?

Mateen Cleaves
youtube.com/watch?v=od2ELSrbjHM

wow, why do only black people use this power?

>Realistically, it already has.
>A nigger got found innocent of raping a white women and she was on camera running outside half naked screaming for help and him forcefully dragging her back inside two times in the same night
That's your "example" of the justice system collapsing huh? Shill.

>A black attacker of a white victim will get off with a black jury no matter the evidence
False, and nor was is it clear that the jury in that case was all black.

bump

Attached: image.png (958x600, 610K)

ty for bump

Shit bro our legal system is corrupt and backwards as fuck. Search for the Doodbro that got arrested for jury tampering when he put fliers about jury nullification at the court house.
FUCK THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM!
FUCK CONGRESS!
FUCK THE FEDS!
FUCK THE POLICE!
AND FUCK JANNIES!
fuck charlize theron too! Old washed up whore with monkey tits

Next time just play dumb and then nullify the fuck out of that jury.

you forgot FUCK KIKES

Jury Nullification Squads need to be a thing now. This scares the shit out of them.

just say you dont know about it and use it anyways

its illegal to lie about jury nullification and then use it as leverage over other jurors. basically if you tell other jurors you are voting not guilty because of jury nullification or because you dont believe in the law, you go to jail. you would all have to be in silent unanimous agreement to enact it from what i have read.

>We never had nullification

John Jay
First Chief Justice of SCOTUS
1789: "The jury has the right to judge both the law as well as the fact in controversy."
I think he knew a thing or 2 when it came to the intention of the use of jury nullification in our system

Tell the judge to suck a dick.

thats not illegal but it wont really help

as you know
knowing about this disqualifies you from jury duty
thus it requires ignorance
it's actually designed to work via ignorance
because a jury will automatically default to the position of judging the application of the law to that particular case
if if don't feel right, at least one of the jurors won't go along with a guilty verdict

I served on a jury many years ago
I didn't like the way the case turned out
the weasel words from the judge's instructions to the jury struck me as odd
>tfw can't mean what you say if you can't say what you mean
Afterwards I looked into the phrasing and wording of the judge's instructions and explored the origins of the jury system and why it is the way it is.
I discovered Sparf v. US as I posted above
I find it comical in a way that the very voir dire selection leads towards the very ignorance that leans towards nullification
no matter how the legals hate it, as long as there are juries they will judge law and facts

the very concept of assembling a bunch of retards to decide on legal matters is ridiculous

>False
Any example otherwise?
>nor was is it clear that the jury in that case was all black.
Lol, truly a mystery.

>be me
>have a right a jury of your peers
>have no peers
>can't be judged

you cant selfbump newfag.
the answer is to lie. if the guy's on trial for 2nd amendment shit then do a hung jury if you can't persuade the other 11 to set the guy free

the alternative is handpicked judges get to decide the fate of people who break the laws that the guy who picked the judged made

>where the Supreme Court decided a judge had no direct duty to fully inform a jury of its rights

There's still one or 2 states out there that require the jury to be informed of their right to jury nullification

There are 2 things (((they))) fear most legally speaking
People electing sheriffs that will exercise their authority to kick federal agencies out of their county
People learning about and exercising jury nullification en masse

indeed
very few people including the sheriffs themselves understand the power the position holds

but you do realize the one thing your two points have in common?
>education... or rather lack thereof

>how can you stand up for your rights if you don't know them?

Attached: zappaCivicsClass.jpg (557x528, 61K)

You can always argue something arbitrary like I think a witness was lying due to his body language ect. And argue that shit.

so don't lie about it. the lawyer interviewing you will ask about it in a round about way because they don't want to tell everyone it exists. just keep asking them to be more specific and say that you can't say what you would do without all the details.

They dont even teach about this in civics sadly. On the other hand civics was one of the most eye opening classes i have ever taken on how uninformed i am about how much power congress actually has. Its insane

Because they know that jurry nullification is our way to retake this country.
Can you imagine if they nullified dylan and the other faggot murderers? the outrage would be insane. I dont think there would be anything anyone could do about it either.

You would need 12 retards retarded enough to nullify a decision for dylan roof in the first place which would be pretty hard to randomly select for a jury

>jury nullification
sounds like a spell out of harry potter

Attached: 1538734924554.jpg (231x218, 12K)

What

yea, but deep down every white person knows something needs to be done.
jury nullification is a way for people to do what needs to be done and get away with it when the law fails to provide justice.

Attached: local-hero-arrested-after-killing-30-pedophiles-in-murder-spree-40103993.png (500x1103, 194K)