Will it ever be possible to return to the simpler times of the 80s and early/mid 90s?

This was within 17 years of widespread internet access adoption. This was a time when people were less vacuous and less enslaved to their computers and other connected digital devices. People were generally less angry and distrusting. People were more polite and more willing to lend a helping hand.
Can we ever go back?

Caution: this is almost one hour of painful nostalgia:
youtube.com/watch?v=FZUfiW3W1KY

Attached: 1564263537779.jpg (640x640, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ePvrOjNvYc
youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's with the nostalgia to malls? They were not that great in fact they were full of marked up goods.

Malls don't have to die Fren. Andrew Yang is going to convert failing malls into community centers. So we can have that 80s/90s mall aesthetic.

Attached: 3.png (878x456, 413K)

That looks like Delta Plaza in Escanaba MI.

No.
It's where I came from, and there's no way back.

> Can we ever go back?

Yop.
But not now.
Normalization will take decades.
But ironically it will happen on its own.

>Good old days syndrome
The 80s and 90s sucked.

People were also less angry and distrusting because the country was more white.

But we fucking loved it. Nog-free shopping.

Why does that look cooler and more futuristic/aspiring than the shit we have now?

They were awesome

You literally have zero fucking clue as to what you're talking about.

Attached: charts 2.png (700x516, 26K)

the "shopping mall" is the absolute HEIGHT of zog-factory conditioning.
>see the "thing™" on the electric jew
>go buy the "thing™" at your local mall™
>fit in to the 'personality/clique/lifestyle's sold at the mall

MOTHER FUCK NOSTALGIA.
born in the 80's and the 90's have become the new 50's. It wasnt that great.

Because people had hope back then

Attached: Homesick.jpg (540x540, 100K)

Move to the Midwest. Plenty of decent people willing to lend a hand when needed.
>zoomerposting
Nah.

Attached: 1510378370496.jpg (736x440, 42K)

compared to now, they sucked much less

Attached: fruitopia.jpg (1024x576, 214K)

>crime spiked during the crack epidemic on the 80's
So? The vast majority of that violence was confined to inner cities. It's NOTHING like the drug epidemic we have today with fentanyl.

1. Stop staring at the Pocketjew all day.
2. Go do something outside.
3. Have kids and focus on a tight nuclear family.
4. Stop ordering everything off Kikezon.
5. Learn a trade
6. Get to know your neighbors.
7. Support strict immigration laws.
8. DO NOT consume Cable News.
9. Use local retailers whenever possible.
10. Do not be an overprotective parent.

Step by step, we can get back there. Not a day passes without one of these COMFY threads. We know 1984-1997 America was the BEST America. We know what a high functioning society looks like. We just need the fortitude to push the narrative in the direction we need to go to get back there.

Unironically, Trump's moves re: China are a HUGE step in this direction.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ePvrOjNvYc

Attached: 5j3ci1pf3k631.jpg (3264x2448, 537K)

Yea.....the following 40 years or so after World War 3 will be great. Just wait.

there's no coming back from where we are going to.
its full civilization circle. just wait for next great depression when hyperinflation kicks in and you'll see how we are going through gang warfare back to tribal society

Is some footage of that mall new, as though it was preserved for all of these years in a perpetual 1980s through mid-1990s state?

no, after ww3 will suck as the victors will want to punish the "straight white male patriarchy", post ww4 will be post ww2 part 2.

Your friends were also there sometimes, they often had arcades, they often had stores with cool shit.

>consume what you are given
that's where you failed

I-I-I-I-I-It wasn't great I swear

youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA

durrrr one statistic as a measurement of our entire social order....

I would guess you are 30-35. This is just nostalgia for your best years. Ever notice that boomers have no interest in vapor wave?

That video.... wew right in the feels

Attached: 1564166821901.jpg (1200x1200, 373K)

Normalcy bias the post

I've unironically heard multiple boomers talk about how kids were so much different in the 80's / 90's, how neighbors talked to eachother, how people lived in the moment.

This phenomenon transcends generations.

1984-1997 was the peak of Western Civilization and everyone can sense it. It's palpable.

Attached: 80's.jpg (1024x745, 324K)

>place for community to gather for commerce and socialization
>mindless consumerism
Next you're going to tell me quant European markets are mindless consumerism.
>but that's different!
Functionally the same. They can turn anything into a beacon of mindless consumerism.

This. Just typical nostalgiafags. In the 90s nigger culture was already being glorified and the rot was taking hold. Things didn't just suddenly go to shit for no reason.

those where just good times.T

Attached: 1980's (307).jpg (1024x1541, 360K)

zoomer eat up 90s music. they love nirvana all that shit.

Kids who only lived as infants in the 90s have a nostalgia for it too. There was no part of me that wanted to live in the 60s or 70s when I was a teenager

Wrong. Life before social media and mass marketing was quite different than it is today. People actually focused on things that were relevant to them and not on the latest trending hashtag.

Niggerism started to get big in the late 90's. 1990-1996 was still very much white.

Typical, a Memeflag discrediting the most outstanding era in human history. Show flag, kike.

Attached: 43085541_357543908151210_8974059425689602247_n.jpg (1080x959, 97K)

more trusting because the Clinton gun grab, Waco, and Ruby Ridge hadn't happened yet

Boomers always think things were better in the past, regardless. Every generation will think the subsequent generations are crazy. This is different than your nostalgia for how simple life seemed during your childhood. I miss it too - arcades, neon t shirts, cheesy horror movies, and black Michael Jackson. I’d do anything to be able to go back. But I realize it’s just because I was at that prime innocent age when that stuff all happened.

If you liked the 80s and 90s you're the problem.

Attached: clueless.jpg (1024x1024, 136K)

This. It's not just "nostalgia"

Life and society was objectively better before social media and smartphones.

> ywn go to tape world ;_;

Attached: tapeworld.jpg (800x534, 59K)

The 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s of capitalist America are Degenerate!

^ this

Attached: 1567721626890.jpg (746x991, 114K)

i wouldn't want to repeat a single day of history. we might have hard times, but we are onto something.

No. You can’t squeeze the toothpaste back into the tube. Whatever comes will be very different.

As long as the internet is around, it's impossible. Before the internet our cares and worries and influences came from within or the environment around us. Now that everyone is connected to each other, we are exposed and expected to care and worry about things and people we would have never seen or known about otherwise. It's too much information for us, there is no innocence anymore. Everyone does the same things, thinks the same things, buys the same things, and acts the same way because of the internet. We are told to believe that the internet has opened us up to the entire world, but the reality is it has trapped us.

No you faggot Millenial, it's not because you were "at your prime innocent age", it's because society was objectively better.

Two parent homes where only one parent worked was still the norm.

People talked to eachother face to face instead of via text/twitter/facebook

You had fewer friends but better ones.

Families were still very close, both nuclear and extended.

You knew everyone in your neighborhood by name and were friends with most of them.

Technology was exciting and focused on improving humanity instead of replacing it or oppressing it like it does now.

There was still a very strong middle class blue collar economy. A guy could get a HS diploma, get a job at Kodak, GM, or Lockheed as a machinist and make enough money to buy a decent house in the suburbs, get his kid a nintendo and buy a new car every few years.

People had less, but what they had meant more.

Things weren't as disposable.

Attached: 180809161735-living-computers-totally-80s-rewind-courtesy-living-computers-12-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 53K)

I say '86-2006 personally. Everything started going straight to hell right around the time millennials started graduating.

You only think they were simple then because either you weren't born yet or you didn't have any responsibilities back then.

Stop fawning over the past you sappy, misinformed little bitch

Attached: 1567740273454.jpg (638x1000, 57K)

Helicopter ride when!!!!!????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

>Post 2000
>Not being complete shit

The iPhone ruined everything in 2008

Attached: cellphones-before-and-now.jpg (459x329, 26K)

80s was the last White decade

that 80s feel was just the comfy feel of having Whites everywhere in a White majority cunt

the 80s was when Whites were finally on the verge of futurism, eagerly awaiting back 2 the future flying cars of the 90s

this

97 was the end of the West

Basically everything this guy said. Getting off your phone is huge though.

Why the fuck is every zoomer on this board obsessed with 80’s everything? I swear to God you childless Fortnite playing faggots just finished Stranger Things and now all of a sudden you want to fix your hair into frizzes and wear overalls. Fuck off and sage’d.

Almost none of these things are true about my 80s/90s childhood. Both my parents worked. I lived for chatting on IRC. I had more disposable materialistic products than you could shake a stick at.

As far as I can tell, everything good ended more or less with 9/11. The feel-good era set by the 90s was definitively over at that point, and Clown World began.

>Niggerism started to get big in the late 90's. 1990-1996 was still very much white.
Uh no, the 80s were the era of the "crack epidemic" and hiphop trash was already big back then. You got literal super stars like 2pac on the early 90s rotting black communities further. Not to talk about other movements like grunge rotting white people's brains. Of course we can take it all back to the 60's with the hippies but to claim the 90s were "the best" is just nostalgia faggotry from some 30+ year old who is unable to be unbiased.

If I was a kike trying to destroy western civilization then I would be agreeing with you saying the 90s were le bestest. Everything went to shit after ww2.

Yes, let's return to the 1880s.

fuck off hippie. i'd pick an iphone over any of these low functioning shit-tier phones everyday.
you have literally high speed internet and browsers on your phone, gps, even video games. and you still complain. fucking spoiled cunt please kys right now you are a waste of air.

1984-1997 was peak. Around 97 nigger pop culture started to become more popular. Video games started becoming a cash cow that focused on "muh graphics buy muh new system" instead of fun factor. Online sales became big. Mass Migration started. Political Correctness culture was rearing it's head in corporate and academic worlds... By 2000 you knew where things were headed... 9/11 dealt a huge blow to whatever sense of Optimism we had remaining, and the 2008 economic collapse with Obama's election was the nail in the coffin. When the middle class died, so did the cornerstone of the society we enjoyed. The single income two parent home is what made everything else possible.

Trumps election in and of itself was very much a reflection of a desire to return to 1980's/90's America.

Return the blue collar manufacturing base to middle America, and you'll start to see some very good changes....

Attached: 80's4.jpg (1007x722, 250K)

There was still SOME good things 2000-2008ish. There was some okay music. A handful of decent games. But you knew by then things weren't going to improve.

This, can confirm everything since around 2008 has been a giant fucking waste of a decade because the internet took over, jews crashed the stock market and the box office has been a never ending marvel universe idiocracy.

I get what you're saying, but my argument is that there was an inertia in play that kept things sorta rolling, right up to the real estate crash/social media/iPhone trifecta fucked us for at least 2 generations. The guy who could have been Travon's dad was just the shitsauce on the sundae.

It's harder with smartphones. People used to interact more, that's how you got to know others. Commute and everywhere.
I hope so OP

Yes, they were. The whole social revolution was designed by the democrats to confuse and destroy the prosperity of the American people.

Attached: LBJ.jpg (224x139, 14K)

I think America needs internet cafes for the most part like in South Korea.

That was a big part of it. 2008 was the death blow. economic collapse plus Obama's election.

>less vacuous
Bullshit. That's just nostalgia speaking. The vast majority were and always will be cattle

Remove non-whites

The crack epidemic and nigger culture in the 80's was limited to nigger inner cities.

It was non-existent in the burbs and even most non-niggerfied cities. There was still urban center that were majority white then. I'd know, i lived in one. It's now 70% black.

No
but in 20-30 years we will be asking the same question of today remember how crazy shit was with donald trump and shti

Attached: IRAN.jpg (1537x2048, 288K)

damn bruh take me back

>people would rather buy things online than walk around a mall
>WHY AREN'T NORMIES ACTING LIKE I THINK THEY SHOULD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>using the internet to complain about the internet enslaving everyone when if this was the 80s you'd just be mumbling to yourself about niggers on TV
>crime rates have been steadily dropping but back then it was better

>less vacuous and less enslaved to their computers
they were even more vacuous and more enslaved to the TV than we are to smartphones

you see the boomers and Gen Xers, they are both extreme comformists and boring people in general.

>tfw oldfag
Earth was never good

Attached: C06E0537-AF2C-4F43-97CA-77878ADF12BE.gif (220x184, 8K)

See

Try and enjoy things as they are now because it's about to get so much worse.

If you pulled the numbers, the amount of TV watched per day by the average kid in the 80's PALED in comparison to the amount of time the average kid spends consuming social media today.

At least back then, TV was really the only jew. Once you walked away and went outside, that was it. Now every kid has a jew in their pocket 24/7 that is physiologically as addicting as meth.

>Only smartphones are available today!
Aren't there still companies like Nokia that still make "dumb" phones?

Fuck malls. None of this nostalgia bullshit means anything if every place meant to be for your community is overrun by spics and literal niggers from Africa.

>the dream of the 80s is alive in the midwest
Ok

Close on the years

1981(right after reagan united the country and ended the shit storm recession of carter)
to
9/10/2001
Those rag heads took everything from us on that day. Nothing has been the same since. First we all went full retard patriotic and was addicted to reality TV then went full retard liberal accepting the alphabet people and blasting social media with retarded junk.

Today we are a fucked up hot mess that will never EVER return to the glory years of the west. This is Chinas era to dominate and with their fall we wont see another single dominate influence as such ever again

You wanted the truth OP so I gave it but I dont think many can handle it

Attached: 1378692548183.jpg (746x1024, 471K)

>We know 1984-1997 America was the BEST America
>tfw born in 96
>can barely remember pre 9/11 world
I remember things getting a little gay afterward. But things really accelerated after 07.
People who were happy and healthy looking in my hometown seemed to vanish and we started getting trash moving in from the city, especially after HUD built housing and plants started closing in the city and moving away.
Meanwhile, talking to friends outside of school went from a phonecall and meeting up to talking via social media. Social media was all some kids at school wanted to talk about.
I stayed off of it, its caused me to lose touch with a lot of people I knew.
It just sucks as I got a brief taste of peace and the ideal America, then things went downhill and it really has been a mess since.

Attached: 1541557384709.jpg (1849x1021, 193K)

>go to KB Toys to pick up an N64 game
>$75 for Quest64
>terrible game but loved the shit out of it

>At least back then, TV was really the only jew.
Public school already existed

they weren't back then. The nigsplosion is what killed the mall, before amazon even did.

It was around 1998 when I began noticing something just felt different in the air and the energy of life. Perhaps this is when the timeline began to change?
I've seen others say the same thing.

The 80's were so great they actually lasted until about 1996.

The 90s were the zenith of the boomer civilization, essentially all the bad things had yet to kick in but all the good stuff was there. The fall of the Soviet Union only made it even better. The mid-late 90s (Around 1997 I'd say) was the peak if it were a graph. We've been in steady decline ever since

Things started to go downhill in about 1996.

Things might have been healthier societal wise in decades prior because there definitely was feminism and all of that but it still had the most innovative stuff. Although actually the 80's were pretty cool too. It's kind of more the years '80-'95 that are the best.

It was like Spring, all the time, the smell of pollen in the air.

Then it all turned to shit in the mid-late 90s.

it could be we all felt the disturbance in the Force, a harmony broken, by the rising presence and intrusion of the alien sociopathic asiatic/yiddish/shitskin hivemind spawning relentlessly, and siphoning tremendous mass and energy, from the Force, eating away the very fabric of the White spiritual mana that made the world so great before their rise

people now saying the 1998 to 2001 are like the 90s are generalizing and forgetting those 3 years, 98 to 2001 was nothing like the 1990s.
In 2006, Gen Xers used to say that the real 90s ended in 1997, and that the rest of the 90s felt like the early 2000s.

As a '92er I can confirm the future was bright and got darker as I grew up at an alarming rate. I thought it was just reality setting in but the past seems like it was so much happier for everyone

'96 was definitely when everything went wrong.

That's part of it user, but the jew was far more responsible than the raghead.

>You wanted the truth OP so I gave it but I dont think many can handle it

lol, you actually think "those rag heads" did it, you're not spitting truth, you're spitting horseshit

So today I went to someones house for something

An actual no habla english opened the door( this area is 98% white)
The person I asked for was a literal tanzanian african.... ABUABUA
I was like ok this is wack

Attached: 6hf5u47llo731.jpg (1536x2300, 1.66M)

In the 1980s everyone was afraid of being nuked at any moment. The Soviet Union had been amassing client nations for decades and was spreading into the Americas.
There was a kind of "party at the end of the world" atmosphere. Only now that we know the Red Menace was running on fumes do we think it was all fun, no worry. Same cold be said of the 50s with the "duck and cover" drills and fallout shelters.
So yeah, going back knowing what we know now would be a blast.

Attached: yasuko_party_hard.gif (424x240, 125K)

Smartphones let morons on to the internet.

Yes it's possible, but only in places like southern Indiana and Kentucky.

Attached: whore-wife.jpg (590x861, 68K)

90s were great until about 92 then a sharp decline until 98 and then shitfest

80s were the best, and some of it carried over into the 90s. But the late 90s up until today was pretty much a huge fuck up.

Best years were the 80s through the mid to late 90's. Everything went to shit around 9/11 and it really showed.

Mid-1996 is when I would say it went to shit. Especially by 1998. I have a lot of nostalgia for early to mid 90s and none for late 90s.

Old fag here. I answer this question by using 1994/95 as a cut off date for when the interwebz became easily accessible to the general public. Prior to this, information was limited to what was in the library, the bookshop and what the mainstream media told you. The difference is, prior to 1994/95 we were all blisfully ignorant because the amount of time spent searching for information and the lack of alternative sources of information discouraged alot of people to question the narrative that the establishment was presenting, this sort of questioning was usually done by academics. Fast forward 20+ years and no longer are the academics questioning the narrative the establishment are presenting, they're promoting it!!! Now it's your average man on the street who is questioning the narrative simply because of forums such as this and the massive amount of information available within a few clicks of an internet search result, it's amazing when you think about it. However in answer to your question user, if I had to choose, I'd still prefer to live in the moment than in the past, simply because men like us, men who can think for themselves, will change history, whereas prior to 1994/95 we would have been blisfully ignorant or raging against something the rest of society was oblivious to.

I say the same thing everything fampai.

Attached: R E P E N T.jpg (443x455, 96K)

That was the last hill before the great plunge downwards. The destiny of Liberal progress which cannot be denied once the initial stage of Liberalism has been accepted. If you want the suburbs, you’ll get the favela. If you want McDonald’s, you’ll get bug burgers.

This. in the 90's the only people online were people like us. Autists and legitimate business/military/scientific users. It was 99% white.

The smartphone invited every Jamal to the internet.

Northern KY is pozzed as fuck desu

>There was still a very strong middle class blue collar economy. A guy could get a HS diploma, get a job at Kodak, GM, or Lockheed as a machinist and make enough money to buy a decent house in the suburbs, get his kid a nintendo and buy a new car every few years.
Fucking this, it pisses me off to no end that people argue we're better off because we can consume easier with the web
Shapiro interviewed Yang, and Shapiro said americans should be happier because we have light boxes and acess to cheap goods, but polls show americans were happier in the 70s than now.