Reject irony

reject irony
embrace sincerity

Attached: wallace.jpg (1300x650, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/11/sincerity-not-irony-is-our-ages-ethos/265466/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that Eddie Murphy?

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/11/sincerity-not-irony-is-our-ages-ethos/265466/

Is that Axl Rose?

kek

he wouldve liked both comparisons
RIP brother DFW, you would have written the ultimate reflection on the skyking if youd been here for it

Attached: nowimfree.jpg (1920x1080, 152K)

leaf posters can relate, go to heaven

>DFW on Skyking
damn I can't even imagine. would have probably beaten Good Old Neon

Consider the lobster.

Attached: merlin_137783364_f86f0146-6ba8-4c62-8d52-1009951a1a94-articleLarge.jpg (600x750, 43K)

Hey /lit/ good to see you here.

OK!

It's a beautiful essay

>Think of aging Republican politicians pointing back to the 1950s as the height of morality, but failing to mention that it was also the height of inequality.
ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

this moron plays dumb to the idea of a self-aware advertisement and pretends that they don't exist. should I continue reading? I find myself demoralized

It's a message a lot of people need to hear. People refuse to be sincere because they are afraid, because being honest makes you vulnerable, and people don't trust others not to hurt them.

I sincerely want to kill every nigger and shitskin.

And i'm not even aryan white

dfw is the epitome of cůcked """post modern""" pretentiousness. I read infinite jest and consider the lobster then went and sucked a bunch of cocks unironically. It was awful.

(ironically,) I can't tell how serious you're being here. it seems difficult to believe that someone would endure Infinite Jest if they hated it

I didn't hate it, it just made me suck cocks. Also, the chapter with the rehab characters childhoods are really funny. The dad who was obsessed with MASH and the mom who choked to death on mauna loa macadamia nuts that her son got for her for Christmas while her husband hysterically mocked her because he thought she was joking. It's "well written" and entertaining for sure, an impressive feat. House of leaves is also a creative work but also pretentious and obnoxious. But yeah, I wouldn't recommened it to people for good reading, I would give Jonathan franzen if I actually wanted someone to finish a book. But DFW is sort of cringe after you're older than 25 years old.

>sort of cringe bro
ho hum, what was that we were saying about irony