Why is housing so expensive? Who fucked us over and how?

Why is housing so expensive? Who fucked us over and how?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1022x731, 643K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2015/06/19/government-regulations-boost-housing-costs-and-poverty/#7ba69f7111d1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_Education_Act_of_1965
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Women in the workplace doubled supply of labor without increasing demand (everyone still needs to eat and a place to live). Also women 99% of the time work jobs that produce nothing and are usually in service. Banks giving subprime mortgage rates to niggers and other shitskins which they defaulted on making the rates even higher. Foreign interests buying up vacant houses putting a strangle hold on the market. Boomers sitting on land for 30 years and got in early. Did I miss anything?

No, you lined it all out.

>mfw everything every generation in history took for granted is completely closed off to me

Attached: ;_; inside.png (597x645, 376K)

YOU. let in a milions of invaders that is keeping up the and growing the housing prices it is suply and demand u retard.

Capital begets capital. When rich people buy multiple properties, they can earn money off of them which they use to buy more properties. The more properties you have, the more money you make, exponentially.

Combine exponential growth of wealth with a finite amount of land, and there you go. Everyone born after the year 1776 is playing a game of Monopoly where someone else already bought all the properties before they got to roll the dice for the first time.

Stay in your rental and save until you can afford a few acres of nothingness. Then build a cabin.

Supply and demand.
Want to live in a nice area? So does everyone else. More demand
State makes it hard to build new housing? Less supply

Move to Vietnam.
>Lots of cute girls
>Cheap alcohol
>Worker based economy
>Rent an apartment for 200$ a month
>Great food

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-11 New cheap studio for rent on Duong Ba Trac Street, District 8, HCMC - Serviced (510x433, 375K)

Pic related. The population keeps going up, but the amount of land stays the same, getting more and more concentrated in fewer and fewer hands.

Be glad you're alive today and not 2119, when everyone in the country but the richest of the rich will be renters.

Attached: BPVP6SZKWMZJXBBMEOQBQAGTXA.png (480x393, 102K)

Yeah, the federal reserve doing [read anything and everything at the Mises Institute]. Rent control making apartments unappealing, driving up demand in housing. Construction regulations increasing the cost of a new house by several fold, all in an attempt to drive up existing home prices. Housing subsidies for negros driving up demand again, a problem compounded with immigration. Some strange 1950s conservative idea about the glories of homeownership, meaning politicians go out of their way to set aside homes for the undeserving. There are probably more.

Fun fact (probably) about banks lending to groids: banks were pressured to help nigs get into homes in white neighborhoods, which is why they made bad loans. When the dindus inevitably defaulted, the government bailed the banks out to keep them from telling the truth. The was probably some unwritten agree from the start, of course.

>tfw georgists still exist

Attached: CE999467-C8DE-476B-AA2E-8035FDC6095B.jpg (1280x847, 1015K)

Another funny thing is that even when controlled for credit score, race is still a deciding factor in default rate. Tell a leftist that next time they try and tell you race is only skin deep. They would have to make the claim that the banks are LOSING money just to be racist.

The market is a rigged game you're not supposed to win.
Be healthcare, be housing, capitalists will try to take every penny you've because they "own it".

Attached: 1566104667015.jpg (1124x1400, 179K)

How’s the central bank going?

Banks printing money using debt and parasites speculating with everything.

Just fine, every single rich (((libertarian))) working for FED is richer than ever

Young people have no concept of money and they are incredibly lazy. They seem to think mom and dad are going to foot the bill forever.

Zoning laws. Limitations on being able to rent out your property. Government in general inflating the price of everything.

I'd love to work for the same wage my grampa had, but seems like I'm too lazy for not being able to buy a house or have a family.

Attached: 1566104581235.png (839x775, 410K)

t. Boomer who grew up when housing and school was comparatively 4x cheaper by comparison of buying power
You didn’t earn shit old man I’d be able to buy a house on my comparative wage 30 years ago

Can you imagine one could pay for college by working on summer? Good old times.

Attached: 1568175124201.jpg (750x741, 86K)

My grandpa unironically worked road construction for one summer and payed for college but he’s not a retard and knows our generation is fucked.

A menial worker being able to pay college with 2 months of work a year... but he, corporate/banks profits are in all times high.

And that's another thing with young people, baseless misdirected hostility. You only have yourself to blame and no one else. Another thing, hanging out around the cesspit of the internet isn't going to give you the drive or ambition necessary to make life changing decisions. I always told my son when he was in high school, "always take accountability for YOUR actions". Needless to say my son is the head of airport security at LaGuardia.

I blame house renovation game shows

It’s objectively true that my wage right now would be able to pay for a house 30 years ago. You didn’t work any harder than I did and you got much more. I am accountable for my actions I’m merely stating facts that buying power has gone down. Are you denying these easily googleable facts? The commie in the thread already lined a few. And no I’m not a retarded commie either, the big banks are the big problem.

>If you make 1/4 doing the same job, blame yourself
No surprise a country where you can buy a house, China, is taking over US power.

Attached: 1566109370052.jpg (1000x725, 152K)

Most Chinese are actually working on their second house. It’s not uncommon for men to own 2-3 houses.

Communism is not perfect, but I see it as the only alternative to slavery under current system.
Things are getting to expensive, soon one will need to get debts to eat.

Trump is kicking China's ass up and down the block. This trade war is exposing China's inability to keep up with the U.S on a global scale.
WAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAH my pussy hurts WAAAAAAAAH
it's all I hear...

Communism will ALWAYS end up with the ruling party subjugating the working class and making them quasi-slaves. Under human beings atleast. Mixed economy is the best we’re gonna get.

Correlation between rising housing cost and the immigration act of 196t

1965*

I have an idea of making giant, enclosed commie block towns outside of major cities that have their own designated high-speed rail into those cities.

Attached: 1420594399022.png (66x155, 11K)

All this is possible when the economy is not focused in increasing corporate profits on everybody expenses.
>Trump is kicking China's ass up and down the block. This trade war is exposing China's inability to keep up with the U.S on a global scale.
I'd not say that, the price of all sort of things, from cars to electronics has dropped in China, now Chinese citizens can buy even cheaper while Americans can pay even more.
Capitalism will do the same, but will say it's your fault for being lazy and will give you even less.

Attached: 1563666990891.png (638x430, 177K)

Capitalism will ALWAYS end up with the ruling capitalists subjugating the working class and making them quasi-slaves.

>who is any libertarian other than Milton “were all keynesians now” “income tax withholding” “abolish the gold standard” Friedman?

The one things commies and ancaps can agree on, hating boomers.

Attached: 38012E9C-98E7-4737-838C-BBA4B1CF739C.jpg (750x516, 60K)

I’m by no means a leftist but you are the type of person that is just the laughing stock of the right when you say shit like this. My wage would be enough, relatively, to own a home 30 years ago. Those are facts. School is more expensive, those are facts. Fuck, I hate people like you being on my side, you make me look retarded by association although it’s better than being a far left commie faggot.

>image name
kek

government has a compulsory monopoly on land adminstration

they're the only ones that can authorize building permits, subdivisions, and rezonings. What this does is it restricts supply since only the government can issue permits. and they can take as long as they want.

through this power, the government is able to hold developers over fire, demanding they pay extraordinary levies and charges to develop and build blocks worth of City infrastructure.

Something that a lot of people don't know is that most of infrastructure you see around you (roads, sidewalks, street lights, etc.) was built through private development. The City doesn't build shit, they """"maintain"""" these assets, i.e. they collect property tax so their workers can fuck the dog.

Construction overall is extremely over-regulated in Canada and the US, which is why we're so far behind Asia.

We have all these codes and standards but for some reason we feel the need to have this extra level of oversight (government) that doesn't actually do anything but stifle development and raise costs for homebuyers.

Friedman was a good economist, I used ((())) to separate his good kind from most of the economist scum.

Other anons pretty much got it covered.

Attached: KrugmanHousing.png (1435x698, 33K)

The average person is way better off in a capitalist society than a communist one and this is objectively demonstritable.

>why can't I afford a 900 sqft one bedroom industrial loft with vaulted ceilings in the most expensive area of a major city where all the pretty girls live?!

As long you hold a job, you're welcome to become a Marxist.
And always remember, useful idiots (liberals) are the first to be reformed.

Ugh you even sound like a liberal. I can't wait for Trump to get re elected so we can start cleanin house once and for all. This country needed to clean house a long long time ago. Did you know we even have retards on here sporting American flags that are sympathetic to the Nazis? It's honestly funny yet incredibly sad considering how hard we fought against these scumbags. Anyways I digress, just talking about it makes my blood boil. Never again, that's all I'm gonna say about that..

More like
>why can’t I afford a studio apartment on the outskirts of a city even when I make 3x the minimum wage

It was very clean in the 50's, not so clear in the 00's and will be false very soon. Don't see the way things are going?

>1 post by this ID

Attached: 1568170541743.png (947x543, 469K)

Okay I’m starting to think this is bait. You unironically still believe in shit like republican vs democrat. Unbelievable, are you like 60 years old?

Becuhss Donald trump that's why

Attached: Screenshot_20190910-204207.png (480x854, 193K)

62 in may
what do you mean believe in republican vs democrat?
explain what that means..

Foreign oligarchs speculating on US real estate. What else could be expected from decades of neoliberalism? Those who enabled this should be hung.

They are all on the same team man. Politicians don’t give a fuck about you.

Fucking this too.

Give some credit to American capitalists, they hurt the american people just as bad.

Attached: 1563508621711.jpg (640x640, 59K)

Seeing these numbers, knowing that they are true, and that yet another massive recession lays on the horizon is why I've stopped caring and have already bought a rope. The last recession fucked my opportunities the next one will flat line what little cash I have left.

Immigrants, legal and illegal, caused a population boom while at the same time destroyed wages.

yep, you're a commie..I can't believe I wasted 15 minutes of my time bickering back and forth with a faggot liberal.

>Libertarian Nazi insults Friedman
>Communist defends innocent jewish inflation peddler.

It's not supply and demand, weirdly enough. There are more vacant houses in the US than there are homeless people. The market is just fucked because it's been kiked up.

Don't be so sad, even countries destroyed by war can raise once more and life's more than being able to buy a house and live a comfortable house.

They should all be hung.

By reading this post, you are all leftists now. Like magik.

Attached: 1568085124059.jpg (333x222, 73K)

look inward, look at the polices surrounding land development and its costs (how much goes to land value, to construction, to permitting, to time)

All foreign investment leaving the country wouldn't be a good thing dumbass

Don't waste your time with boomers, they are good people but lack understanding of reality.
I've some reasons to doubt you've read his books.

Uh oh, we got a leaf speculator in here...

They rhyme with juice

Silicon valley people who moved from there and didn't check the local housing market prices before making an offer because techfags love to show off their wealth. Same thing with rich chinks. Student loans not being paid back causing banking kikes to be even bigger tightasses with loans than they would normally. Retards who embrace the tiny home movement while also embracing paying a ridiculous amount for it because "it's trendy" and "supply and demand, user."
Jewish and Chink cleverness and normalfag stupidity and pride fucked us over.

Americans need to revolt, they have the guns and their mouths are running constantly, but nothing ever happens, and nothing ever will. Muh gunz are useless when you don't fight back your tyrannical government.

I’m not a “liberal” man and definitely not a commie. I’m considered “alt-right” by today’s crazy leftist standards. I am anti-immigration, anti universal healthcare (in this country atleast), anti-gay, anti-shitskin, race realist and will vote for trump because I the leftists have lost their minds. Nobody under the age of 30 uses the term “liberal” unironically btw. Old people have been brainwashed into R/D instead of just principals.

Thanks commie bro, but alas like all empires our 200 years have come to an end. The banks already have my balls in the ringer. Better to just push my chips in and move on.

If all the (((investment))) was removed, only those that buy houses to live would buy it and prices would drop.

Attached: 1567458256316.jpg (2076x2378, 709K)

Someone can afford these homes, do you think they are empty? Keep blaming the boomers, you'll get far with that one

And I’ve some doubt you’ve read any books not assigned in marxism 101.

Usually people that have a lot of spare capital, sometimes this capital come from renting overpriced houses.

Attached: 1566090901309.jpg (600x600, 82K)

You realize that some houses unironically are empty because foreign investors buy up vacant houses to prop up land value? The numbers don’t lie, 30 years ago you could buy a house with double minimum wage. Now? Not a chance in hell, you can’t even fucking rent.

>federal government artificially inflating the price of housing
forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2015/06/19/government-regulations-boost-housing-costs-and-poverty/#7ba69f7111d1

>federal government artificially inflating the price of tuition by giving D-students a federally guaranteed blank check for [whatever the fuck university staff deem fit to charge]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_Education_Act_of_1965

>state governments making impossible-to-navigate zoning laws and regulations making new building financially and logistically perilous

>There are probably over 20 million illegal Mexicans and South Americans in this country working under the table, living in rental home barracks paying little rent and forwarding the money back home where after currency exchange rate and cost of living considerations it's worth 20x what it is here

>manufacturing jobs leaving the US by the hundreds of millions and the working class in the south and midwest abandoned by the phony "Unions" that simply took the billions of dollars they'd tithed their members for and ran instead of creating anything of value, to counterbalance this phenomenon themselves.

Attached: Arriba McEntire.jpg (1640x2523, 1.34M)

Of course you do, arrogance is a very common trait on ancaps, what school of economics you want to talk about? Monetarists, Marxist, Institutionalists, Neo-Liberals, Classical Liberals, Keynesian.

Fuck why is the only other non retard in the thread a fucking commie. Boomers are straight retards in this country. Is it like this in Europe too?

Nigga, they are only buying homes over here to hide being caught red handed with all the money they skimmed and grifted from Beijing for their buttfucker rural province

Most empires have lasted way longer than that. It's really a matter of sobering up and realizing classical liberalism isn't going to get us through. We'll either enter the autocrat phase and milk this baby for another century or so (which is now possible because of Trump), or we will indeed die a premature death with a crisis of democracy — basically tribal/racial conflict subsuming everything of value until a nation-state is no longer viable. I think 2020 holds the key as to which outcome will be realized.

That's just a ruse to district you from the real matchup being the ZOG vs. all us goyim

You can give whatever excuse you want, a Chinese factory worker can buy a house while most americans can't and this is all that matter for me, the common folk well being.

housing is expensive due to the 2008 mortgage crises and the change of suggested interest rates. before 2008 there was a lot of sub-prime lending and balloon interest mortgage which was reliant on the belief that the US economy wouldn't fall... so we had interest rates that were promised to stay at 1-2% for 15 years. but under a balloon mortgage you can wake up the next day and have a 15% rate. Sub prime lending led to people that weren't qualified under the standards today (like buying 8 houses with a $15/hr job and renting them out). Everything was made off false promises. The only people that lost were the buyers of those homes. So the hedge funds crashed, the banks confiscated the homes and re-wrote terms after the FED bailed THEM out and not the people. So now flush with new cash and homes "reset" the economy and lowered mortgage prices because they now had millions of free houses and sold off the foreclosures to the new wealthy people on fixed terms. Now we have whats considered "middle class homes" being rented for 2500-3000/mo by young overpaid tech industry people with a median price of $255k for a 3 bed 2 bath 2k sq foot house. RENTING FOR 2500/MO. LOL.

Your precious capitalism did

What is your a prior theory on the origin of money, as represented by a (near) universal medium of exchange?

And what is the origin of natural (as opposed to fiat) interest and interest rates?

Look at data, my friend

That's bullshit, why do so many of those Chinese factories have company barracks then? Who would live in those if they could just buy a house or a condo?

Housing is expensive because municipal governments want it to be expensive, because the more expensive housing is, the more property tax revenue you collect. The people who screwed you over were the early progressives who came up with zoning, and whoever it was who decided that municipalities would make money from property taxes.

i have a home for sale... modest 1600sq ft 3 bed 2 bath place in north idaho 149k. give me your email if you wanna pay cash for it. i want out cuz i wanna take the equity out and pay for school to drive a semi truck

Money is just natural, and very useful.
Fiat money is a natural consequence of capitalism, that helps greatly to increase speculation and investment profits, implemented first on the most developed countries (US and UK), mostly because of investors lobbies.

And for the last one, do you think there is an important distinction between the two? The interest in the abstract vs a interest rate.

What happened in ~1987?

bro that's not real data.

Very few Chinese live in barracks, and it's becoming a practice of the past as house continue to get cheaper and cheaper.
Still some old companies still have old barracks, like old companies in the US still have houses for workers.

Wasn’t it first tried in like 1790 when the king couldn’t afford something and set up a central bank to literally create credit out of thin air?

Search the given academical sources, if you're displeased with data.

No, it was not tried until a countries stopped using gold standard. Don't mistake currency debasing with fiat money.

i'm saying that because this is what i do for my wagie wagie cagie work. I finance and I have to know this shit. I work in real estate and big banks as an angry cubicle poked cagie.