Psychoanalysis

Karl Kraus once said "psychoanalysis is the illness for which it regards itself as therapy." Do you agree with this quote? Sometimes I wonder if psychoanalysis and the entire concept of mental health care has created more problems than it has solved. In many ways, it has demonstrably ruined multiple generations. What do you think, Jow Forums?

Attached: gears-818464_1920-1024x724.png (1024x724, 695K)

Other urls found in this thread:

veteranstoday.com/2019/07/18/psychoanalysis-and-the-illuminati/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Insofar as you have time to devote entire portions of energy to these sorts of endeavours yes, you've already failed, we're not supposed to live like this.

Right.
>fuck up an entire generation by using psychiatric techniques now known to be outdated and reliable at best and harmful at worst
>realize you destroyed their self-esteem
>create the concept of self-esteem
>try and improve society's overall self-esteem
>create a generation of woke campus muh lennials
Why can't they just fuck off?

Only rich cunts can afford some jew to listen to childhood angst remembered by a still childish adult and think it is anything other than a continued avoidance of responsibility.

See the clown world as it truly is and honk loudly.

>other than a continued avoidance of responsibility.
I've always thought that psychology has been a long-term psy-op to replace religion with a life philosophy that removes personal agency.

>Sometimes I wonder if psychoanalysis and the entire concept of mental health care has created more problems than it has solved
the pharmajew probably plays a big role in this
also how little we actually know about everything
conciousness for instance

Do you think anyone has come close to describing human behavior scientifically? I mean like using the scientific method, not (((scientifically))). That seems like something that could really help people.

LOL

veteranstoday.com/2019/07/18/psychoanalysis-and-the-illuminati/

Thanks, I'm finishing up a small task but I'll check this out after.

Shut these parasites out of your mind. Listening to their garbage is weakness and they will exploit it.
You have all the tools you need.
This simply promotes weakness of character and reliance on others.

>You have all the tools you need.
What do you mean? Physical health? Good habits? Religious wisdom?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry

Psychology is, fundementaly, the delusional belief that one has psyhic powers...and can read the 'patients' mind.

But they dare not point this out, as if they did, the whole system would collapse.

Also : mentally unstable people add fuel to the industry, because someone's got to do something about the crazy neighbour shouting at cats right?

i dont know user, maybe julian jaynes was onto something
wouldnt surprise me if most psychological problems go hand in hand with spiritual problems

Attached: 1489753814846.jpg (334x500, 26K)

What should be done about the mentally unstable? I think most people can agree that someone who is delusional or violent should probably not be free to do whatever they wish.

I don't have any studies but I've read numerous times in various news sources that religious involvement correlates with good mental health.

>
i agree with that . the only thing that ultimatly matter in this existence
its you , its only you and your own interest . i believe that psychology or religion takes that away from you in a way or another .
but this is just memetics .
all psychology is a meme field and only thing that matters to people with mental problems are physical medicines . thats it .
but maybe im wrong .

>the only thing that ultimatly matter in this existence its you , its only you and your own interest
Can't build a competitive, stable nation on that

of course as a politician you cant do that . as a politician you have to think in the interest of others.
but as a civilian ...

People just need to be left alone.
Those that aren't socialized properly need to be locked up, the prison system already does that.
ADHD? a kid will regulate his own behaviour when he has no friends and realises no one loves him.

Analysis has helped me a lot. I had problems with self esteem and anxiety, but now I'm feeling way better. It's been a long journey (4 years), but it was worth it. And most of all, with analysis I've solved my problems without resorting to psychiatric drugs, which I consider an awful solution, mainly because they act on the symptoms and not their causes
But maybe in America it's practiced differently... I've heard of people that keep going to the analyst for 15 years straight or more in the US.
Consider also that analysis doesn't solve the problems by itself, it requires a strong effort from the patient. If the patient stays idle, the therapy becomes longer.

>Those that aren't socialized properly need to be locked up, the prison system already does that.
I think the ones who haven't hurt anyone should have an opportunity to redeem themselves, but we won't be able to help them as long as our system of treating them is Jewish pseudoscience.

Yet most research in the field is bullshit, the practices are retarded, it is used as an authoritarian form of abuse by certain people...
It would have to be throughly and openly audited by rational intelligent people without coercion or bribes, so nothing will be done (because you are stupid cargo cultists).
If you aren't a complete retard, look for the blogs "Mad in America", "The Last Psychiatrist" and "Thought Broadcast" for a well written criticism of this by psychiatrists.

It could be a short, simple list
>the person has made an explicit statement of intent to harm themselves or somebody else
>the person is can't discern mental constructs from reality
>the person has been arrested following an incident related to drug addiction
Etc. These could be added to, subtracted from, or changed. You don't even need "diagnoses," just a short series of guidelines on which people should have their liberty temporarily removed. Also, thanks for the blog recs.

how did it help you ? how did you do it ? can you recommend that to somebody else ? where should the other person start ?

It's a long story, but to make it short it helped me to destroy some harmful defensive mechanics that my mind had made up. It helped me to focus on myself again, and to take back some parts of myself I had lost during the last ten years. Yes, I'd totally recommend it to anyone.
About the where to start part, I'd suggest you to be the most honest possible and open to the therapist, and not lying to him. Lying to your therapist is like lying to your lawyer: you'll be the only one getting hurt. Just start with the issue that you feel the most pressing currently. Everything else will come by itself.