Why is lasik allowed?

Why is lasik allowed?
Adverse reactions may be rare, but about a dozen suicides have been linked to this.

Attached: 20190914_141223.jpg (704x889, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HjTC3u0qy-0
acuvue.com/contact-lenses/acuvue-oasys-2-week
healio.com/ophthalmology/journals/jrs/1999-7-15-4/{a4ff036e-e110-4e67-a1c1-79d69bad2eb8}/complications-after-32-incision-radial-keratotomy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wtf? I was thinking of getting lasik
Quick rundown please?
Also what about prk?

Ha!

Rekt

But it wasn't LASIK. It was SMILE.

It can burn optical nerves. They don't know how, but it happens.

Ruin your day by reading about this mom.

It is said the laser activates the path from the optic nerve to the pineal gland. It allows the person to see the monsters that around all the time. They can't take it and opt out.

Attached: 1567916654436.jpg (406x397, 11K)

Just use daily contacts. Not worth the risk

Take your Haloperidol

>finally able to see the world for what it is
>kill yourself
Hmmmmmm

And who says that shit other than (you)

>Get Lasik
>Can now see interdimensional demons
>Suicide
Checks out.

They are obviously testing some military and secret service hardware.

Wew

Every surgery has its complications, you can die from having your wisdom teeth removed and a certain % does

Jesus. I used to work in ophthalmology and has been constantly coaxed by superiors into going for the ReLex SMILE cause employers got crazy discount on it and I was like fuck no, especially after I saw the HD vids of the procedure since they had to keep every single operation recorded. Seems like I dodged a possible bullet.

>Detroit

When they lift the cornea up it doesn't ever really reseal through a natural healing process. It just kind of gets stuck on hydrostatically. The remaining flap, in rare circumstances, can flip up.

What is SMILE and what's the surgery like?

NOOO, DIIIIIIIIIIIS HAPPENS!!

Attached: LASER_EYE_SURGURY.png (370x204, 83K)

Jessica Starr was so hot. Amazonian babe, tall, busty. I can't believe she's gone. RIP weather thot

I had it done 20 years ago still all good it was a risk but I was so short sighted soft contacts didn’t correct my vision to 20/20 I figured it could get much worse

The Tooth Fairy is indeed unforgiving.

that's why I didn't want my wisdom teeth removed

SMILE is just some kind of retarded acronym to make boomers feel safer about it since it's the main target demographic. From the vids there was way too much eye cutting, then the cut piece, that was cut like you would cut a can was opened fucking lid, then some shit got inserted into your eye through the needle which looked awfull lot like some kind of parasite then doing some even more shit which was more than enough for me to not get involved. I wasn't the doctor but the tech guy and had access pretty much to all their data.

Damn that sounds fucked up

Just a rumor my dude. That's the scoop around where I work.

work harder

I mean, every single day some meth head gets his entire mouth of diseased teeth yanked from his skull. Every day, by the WORST dentists who just want to go home and not deal with tweakers who can't wait to beg him for pain meds. Not a single person had died in the decade I've been here.

If these diseased, infected, troglodytes can survive I'm highly skeptical of people just randomly dying on the table because of a single tooth removal.

Sounds like other medical complications not being addressed so they blame it on the tooth extraction.

Source: working at corrections.

Turns out, there are even videos of it on youtube. I saw the exact same thing except it was in full HD with awful lot of detail, for some reason, this one does not have that shit being literally injected into your eye and then corrected with some kind of pliers.

youtube.com/watch?v=HjTC3u0qy-0

fuuuuuck lasik and all those retards that go to those clinics advertised on the radio "WOW NOW YOU CAN AFFORD LASIK! ONLY $200 per eye! 15 minute procedure! Back to work next day! Our brilliant surgeons preformed over 500,000 operation last year alone!"

Yeah, nah. Accuvue makes contacts that are comfortable to wear for an entire week straight day/night. My vision is really bad like 2/20 or maybe worse without, but I have extremely good near vision were I can see shit most people need a magnifying glass for which comes in handy sometimes.

Attached: 1565747570707.jpg (464x618, 53K)

Seeing the world in detail makes you suicidal.

this, you cant even feel contacts in your eyes, you regain perfect vision, don't have to deal with the gay IRL heads up display l(ike from a video game) that you have to deal with when it comes to glasses, and no one can even tell you wear contacts unless you tell them

Im gonna wait for them to work all the kinks out of the technology before I have lasik done, might be 10 15 20 years who knows, i dont care, im good with contacts for now, not risking perma fucking up my eyes due to a botched operation

Attached: this.gif (300x186, 1007K)

It's the anesthesia that usually kills people, it's why anesthesiologists get paid like 400k per year and spend 150k of that on malpractice insurance. I think you'd be more likely to die from an infected, impacted wisdom tooth going septic than to die from it being removed

it's just people who die from anesthesia and not because of having the teeth pulled or complications from that. I mean it happens with any surgery where people are put out

Attached: 1565736481038.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

Had PRK done like 10 years ago. No suicidal ideation, and still have 20/15 vision in both eyes.

Lasik and all that shit is stupid. Why fuck around with flaps? Alternatively, implantable contacts are becoming affordable, probably a better option since it's reversible.

I've had smile done. I was instructed to keep looking at a green light during the procedure, or else the laser would burn the wrong things. Halfway through doing my left eye, my vision became cloudy and I wasn't able to see anything not even the green light. Doc started panicking, but we made it. Doc kept asking me to not move my eye as they resealed the flap and to keep looking ahead, but because I still couldn't see anything I couldn't tell whether my eye was moving or not or whether I was looking forward

In the end, the procedure on my right eye was great, but I continue to have vision issues with the left eye years on that seems to strongly vary with how much sleep I've had. I moved country after I had the procedure done so never went back for control appointments months later, though I could push them probably into some form of compensation if I pushed it

All in all 6/10, but would not recommend relex smile

I am never letting anything ever touch my eyes jesus christ.

>t. body mutilation is like laser eye correction

Just get PRK then. Takes longer but no need for any of this flap shit.

Ever notice how animals just pause midstep and stare at nothing? Maybe the procedure finally allows us to see the true world. It frightens me

literally nope

Because it's or freedom to do it communist pig? I got it with no regrets. It's my body I do what I want with it. Fuck your rules.

back to Tumblr please you fucking smelly nonces

Attached: Screenshot_20190912-173010.png (1024x600, 987K)

Thank God I have superior Aryan eyes so I don't need this but everyone who did get it told me you can smell your eyeballs burning

Not being reversible is the idea brainlet. You never have to spend money on contacts again.

>mfw I should wear glasses but I don't and I drive daily

Attached: 1568270571265.jpg (600x449, 39K)

Can confirm. Ever struck a fly on an electric fly swatted and made it cook for a bit longer? Same smell

Your eyes also dry out easily to the point where you need eye drops to function.

It's surgery on your eyeball, sometimes things go wrong.
More important is that Lasik makes you need glasses when you get older anyway.

>don't have to deal with the gay IRL heads up display l(ike from a video game) that you have to deal with when it comes to glasses

Must suck being a facelet. Those of us who don't look like shit with glasses don't have this problem.

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

Got lasik about 5 years ago, no complaints.

Do ocasionally see movement that isn't actually there but that may be paranioa setting in.

Stop saying the n word

Implantable contacts stay in your eyeball until you need to change the prescription, at which point you take them out and implant new ones.

nope nope nope nope nope nope
you always look like shit with glasses, the only glasses that dont make you look worse are sun glasses which often times make you look cooler
not even a facelet

Attached: timothy treadwell story.png (581x307, 53K)

False. I had lasik almost 2 years ago and I haven't needed or used eye drops after the 3rd month.

>Do ocasionally see movement that isn't actually there but that may be paranioa setting in.
Nah i get that too and with high pressure if i watch the sky its lotsa white spots. :D its normal.

Yeah but you have to keep buying them. One lasik and you're done

>glasses knocked off or lost
>most important sensory organ rendered useless
How pathetic.

a fucking chance you doens work there anymore
you sound like a retarded dumb fuck who think science is magic
i really wonder how you got there in the first place...

My glasses turn black in the sun.

Yeah my parents both had eye issues but somehow my sister and I have great vision

I had LASIK almost a decade ago and never had any problems.

What is wrong with you Anglo

haha thanks man - I stare at screens 9-5 then 5-8 for other projects. thought it might just be my body giving in

I've had lasik about 6 years ago. No complication other then minor halos around bright lights at night.
perfect 20/10 vision ever since

Attached: 51228332_196823621275856_589856849991577066_n.jpg (640x640, 106K)

glasses are a scam too they make your eyesight worse

Eye corrections don't last forever anyways. my mom had lasik done way back in 2002 and her eyes eventually went back down to 20/40 or worse after 15 years. The optics of your eyeball simply naturally degrade, if you want to do it but your vision isn't that bad (Like I'm 30 and at 20/25 or a little worse I can wait two decades) just wait until you get beyond the hump of middle age.

Getting laser corrective when you're young is really, really stupid. Unless you absolutely need a physical correction for serious eye problems, just ignore.

you're not meant to keep them on when you sleep

No. One Lasik and you're done until your eyes change. Then more Lasik if you're still eligible, which is rare. With implantable contacts, you have the option of changing them if your vision ever changes. It's a better "permanent" solution than burning the cornea with a laser. Unfortunately it was expensive as fuck when I was looking into it, which is why I got PRK. It was in preparation to join the FFL, so I couldn't fuck around with corneal flaps, what with the risk of head trauma.

I'm not saying anything I'm writing you dumb Jew nog

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

Whatever helps you cope facelet.

I can see well enough to drive at night without mine so that's not a problem for me. I just wear them all the time because having 20/20 is pretty nice.

>glasses are a scam too they make your eyesight worse
Reading text with astigmatism is a chore.

What's the difference between lasek and PRK? I have no flap because I got lasek instead of lasik.

I forgot the best part about glasses, SHIT DOSNT ENTER IN YOU EYE. saved me many times.

HA HA
FUCKING ROASTIE GOT WHAT SHE FUCKING DESERVED
MAYBE SHE WOULDN'T HAVE KILLED HERSELF IF SHE HAD STAYED IN THE FUCKING KITCHEN WHERE SHE BELONGED
BE GONE THOT

got lasik 17 years ago

need reading glasses for small print/low light

best money I ever spent

In grad school I knew some Ph.D students doing optics/human vision research. They all said not to get lasik, regular lenses work just fine and are less invasive. As others have mentioned, the cornea never fully heals and the flap can re-open with head trauma. Also it's not uncommon to sever the feedback nerve that regulates tear production, causing chronic dry eyes or watery eyes. And the improvements in vision usually aren't permanent anyway with lasik, as your vision can continue to deteriorate afterwards.

Those implantable contacts are only indicated for very high Rx patients. The surgery is invasive, and much more invasive than LASIK or PRK.

I suggest to avoid elective surgery if you can in general for all parts of your body.

Alternatives—Use contacts. Use glasses. OR you can try ORTHO-K therapy, which you wear a hard contact that “flattens” your cornea and shapes it to reduce your Rx or correct it to emmatropia (no Rx). You sleep in them nightly and over 3 months tour vision is corrected. Talk to your doctor (not a surgeon) about surgery alternatives.

t. Medical Salesfag in the eye industry

This has been disproven.

This. I had LASIK about 12 yrs ago. No real issues, any light did hurt like hell for about 8 hours. After 5 years I went back to around 20/40 and leveled off. Still way better than where I started.
The guarantee was "pass a driving test w/o glasses" Not 20/20. In this context this is true; can drive w/o glasses legally.

Guys, is there an afterlife? Because I don't think I'm one of the people that can handle the stresses of life. I just want to know I won't go to hell.

those white spots you see when you stare at the sky are white blood cells moving through your eye

>I just want to know I won't go to hell.
kys and find out

[spoiler]hell is real[/spoiler]

You live in hell. God bless you if you go the right path.

Yes but only when my blood pressure is high enough.

So, original LASIK cuts a flap on the surface of your eye and then a laser ablates the cornea according to the optical model to correct your vision. The flap is put back over the area and may or may not reattach completely.

There was "No cut LASIK" which just ablated the surface of the cornea directly without the flap, but this tend to have a higher rate of complications (dry eyes, visual abnormalities).

SMILE uses a split-beam laser to cut out an appropriately shaped disk of corneal tissue BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE EYE, which is then removed via a small laser-cut opening at the edge. No flap. No removal of the surface of the cornea. Supposed to be best of both worlds. The mechanical dissection of the tissue disc so it can be removed is where it's usually fucked up.

Reading this thread, this is the standard of IQ of pol? These are the great white nordicists? This? Im becoming LESS racist reading the opinions you idiots spout. I had PRK done at a lasik clinic years ago, and I did all of my homework. But you fucking idiots come in here and say the dumbest shit. Fucking 1 digit IQ morons. KILL YOURSELVES

shit i have keratoconus and wear gas permeable lens. fucking things hurt qfter a while my only treatments are intacs and donor cornea transplant. Should i just embrace blindness

>chang mad his medical equipment sales are hurting

Attached: Cut Ju Muddafuk.jpg (576x445, 52K)

Attached: frbyd_stl_7_h[1].jpg (300x377, 26K)

Wonder why she didn't just wear glasses. I have a lot of visual problems myself but wouldn't want to risk surgery because I already know what its like to have fucked up vision.

Attached: visual-snow-vision.jpg (500x500, 98K)

Having something happen to your eye that doesn't blind you but still leaves an impact is one of the most disconcerting and stressful things that can happen to a person.
The problem is no one around you will really be able to understand what you're talking about when you tell them somethings wrong with your eye and its not actively falling out of your skull.
Believe me when I say your eye can do some fucked up shit and the fear of waking up blind is real.

when i first started buying these like 10 years ago they were advertised as 1-week overnight or 2-week daily use
acuvue.com/contact-lenses/acuvue-oasys-2-week
but it looks like they stopped recommending overnight, can't find it on their site only one distributor sites.

I've had my current pair in since the 3rd of this month probably change them tomorrow or the next day

I have greater than 20/20 vision that was ruined by computer screens and then eventually glasses which made it even worse gradually. I hate wearing glasses but astigmatism sucks. I've been considering lasik.

lmao my brother has a parrot that does that all the time. Like, she's playing and suddenly she's staring intently at her claws for half a minute

PRK is the safest option to my knowledge. With lasik they peel a large layer of your eye back and then place it back. With PRK they just cut a very small layer off the top. You can get PRK multiple times but LASIK once.

This.

People should look up old school RK surgeries. 32 incision Russian methods are maddening. This is generally not practiced anymore, and PRK or LASIK guided by Wavefront technology is favored.

THIS SURGERY WAS DONE COMPLETELY BY HAND WITH A MICROSCALPEL AND WHILE THE DOCTOR LOOKS THROUGH A SURGICAL MICROSCOPE

See link- healio.com/ophthalmology/journals/jrs/1999-7-15-4/{a4ff036e-e110-4e67-a1c1-79d69bad2eb8}/complications-after-32-incision-radial-keratotomy

Attached: 049E04AD-357A-448A-83D2-34AFF95E2810.jpg (1280x960, 76K)

Lasek is like Lasik but with a thinner flap, so less issue with detachment.