RETAIL APOCALYPSE: Bed Bath and Beyond CLOSING 40 stores!

The retail apocalypse news keeps coming, even on Saturdays. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is an American chain of domestic merchandise retail stores. Bed Bath & Beyond operates stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico.

>Trump's economy is marvelou-

ourcommunitynow.com/news-national/bed-bath-and-beyond-will-close-40-storeshow-much-financial-trouble-are-they-in

>Executives at Bed Bath & Beyond have sent a letter to the franchise's shareholders saying that "a rapid refresh of 160 Bed Bath & Beyond locations is underway and is expected to be finished before the 2019 holiday season."

>Further elaborating on this development, Patch.com reports that "about 40 stores will close this year

>This all begs the question, "What is going on with Bed Bath & Beyond and where did they go wrong?"

>If you look at Bed Bath & Beyond's stock margins since 1992, the company was doing quite well—and increasing in profitability—until around January of 2015. It all went downhill after that. The company's worth has now plummeted and shows little sign of being able to recover.

cnn.com/2019/07/11/business/bed-bath-and-beyond-stock-earnings/index.html

>Bed Bath & Beyond, once a leader in kitchenware and bedding, is in free fall. It is racing to win back customers and salvage its brand before the pressures of modern retailing cave in.

>"There needs to be a fundamental change in our approach," she said. Bed Bath & Beyond's (BBBY) stock has lost around 90% of its value over the past five years and is on the verge of slipping below $10 a share. On Thursday, shares fell to a 20-year low.

>Retail analysts remain skeptical. Bed Bath & Beyond "might be running out of time, and the company will need to continue investing in order to survive," Oliver Wintermantel, analyst at Evercore ISI, said in a research note to clients Thursday. "It is difficult for us to get excited" about the company.

Welp...

Attached: 5a34627ac4486.image.jpg (800x533, 78K)

I thought Trump was going to save these jobs?

You can’t save shitty management and poor profits due to amazon

Bed Bath and Beyond has 1550 stores. That's 1% of their stores being closed. Most people do their shopping online. Closing 1% of your stores is not a sign that a company is doing poorly, it just means they are doing more business online

Their stock value is tanking. The writing is on the wall

What's the beyond part?

I always wondered how stores like that survive, you go to it what, once every 10 or 15 years?

Literally has nothing to do with Trump you fucking moron. It has to do with Amazon and retarded businesses not knowing how to adapt and evolve

Less even if you don't like spending a lot for cheap shit

I wish I understood economics.

Attached: 54336.jpg (920x713, 159K)

Not as if it has anything to do with (((retail industry))) trying to fool the world into thinking that $400 is a reasonable price for a blender or a coffeemaker.

Appliances are rarely even made out of METAL anymore. Go look at Cuisinart food processors. The base cover is just plastic. Unacceptable.

Fuck you, (((retail))).

Attached: PepeBurnout.jpg (780x688, 52K)

kitchen

OP have you even been into a Bed Bath and beyond?

The shit in there is fucking insanely overpriced. If the company is going under, its because they didn't even bother competing with anybody else.

Has zero to do with Trump.

I keep explaining to my mom the coupons are not actually a deal it's that everything is overpriced and the coupons bring them down to normal price but she never listens

Ever since Friends went off the air I find no reason to shop there.

There is no retail Apocalypse. Yes, malls are dying. Malls killed the downtown stores and now downtown stores are being rejuvenated as the over-priced malls die. It's a demographic change that had come full circle. Sears is dying, but stores like TSC and big R have experienced billions in exponential growth filling the lucrative niche that Sears had abandoned.

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-09-14 17:14:21.png (1068x774, 198K)

trump's trade war strikes again

If many things are dying and few survive that's literally an apocalypse

Bed bath and beyond is founded on the idea of supporting new family formation. They sell the ridiculously overpriced crap people are led to believe they "need" for that endeavor.

No household formation = no bed bath and beyond.

>trump's trade war strikes again

One less corporate box store. Been seeing more and more Mom and Pop stores though. Once empty down town areas are thriving again since the age of the mall is coming to an end. I'm sure a pro corporate minion like yourself is posting from an iphone. Oh no,what would corporate greed be without cheap Chinese child labor? Now go worship your corporate gods you i-faggot.

Attached: 5988ff61a2ca790835fa984a38ed8493.jpg (236x177, 5K)

There is a shit ton of retail growth the media never covers. Unfortunately positive news doesn't sell so well.

The death of malls and big-box stores was always an inevitability following the rise of online shopping. It’s not anyone’s fault, it’s just a natural economic realignment. It’s a little sad for those of who grew up going to these stores, but it was always going to happen.

what is going to happen to suburbs?

>more and more Mom and Pop stores
selling mattress?

>selling mattress?

Yes, some sell furniture too.

I've seen places on my main street. Not uncommon here

You know what, I'm actually enjoying strolls through the downtown areas. I always wondered what it was like before the malls killed the shit off and now I can finally experience it in my lifetime. I don't miss the over-priced indoor Jew markets. They can rot in Hell. Bulldoze them and reopen our drive-in theaters.

Attached: yt895864578p90.jpg (1280x720, 250K)

>>Trump's economy

>>—until around January of 2015

TDS this strong

>fuck Jew stores
>let's replace it with Jew theaters showing Jew Hollywood movies

>drive in theaters

Netflix exists. You lose.

>Netflix exists. You lose.
Netflix is a joke. There is hardly shit on it and they will place the same movie under numerous categories just to create an illusion that they have a large selection. Canceled my Netflix years ago because of this and from what I can tell, it hasn't changed.

Damn, are you me?

I'm sure this is also the reason Netflix has been slowly dying.

Unfortunately, streaming is extremely popular now. Charging people a seemingly small sum a month (to compound over a year obviously) to watch things they'd normally have to go to a theater for is a miracle invention for the rabble. Most normies eat this shit up and some are even addicted to it (ie netflix binging). You may not use it, but your sheeple community buys it up like fucking hotcakes.

i'd have to look at the financials.

hmm 6.3% a year dividend, not bad at all.

total assets $8B
total liabilities $6B
company became unprofitable to the tune of $2.5B/year last year

This
What the hell is Sears trying to market to what to who?
Also Big R is Stock and Field for some odd reason now.

longterm debt not that bad only $1.5B

wow so what youre saying is /csg/ peddling chains that killed small town america are hurting and dying off?
Good. Go open up a soap and towel store selling quality american products.

Netflix is still dying. It's been losing it's market share as people begin to realize they've been tricked.

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-09-14 18:47:25.png (1061x680, 49K)

oh no, where are illegal aliens going to work now!?!?!

never forget that there is a chain of dodgy fake bed bath and beyond stores here in australia.

Attached: Bed Bath N Table.jpg (1130x753, 340K)

Some cities are looking to buy the empty malls that are currently just eyesores and turn them into apartments.
Some are looking to turn the big box stores into libraries and indoor public spaces(like parks except with a roof).

It's going to be interesting.

how are shopping malls doing in Aus, do people still go to them?

they are basically doing this here in melbourne now.

we got a new big mall and cinema here in the northern suburbs... the owners also reserved around half of the land to place tiny cuck apartments on so people can literally live at the mall...

in melbourne they are fucking packed full of asians, indians, arabs and bogans all day every day.
the exact opposite to america (i was in america in 2017 and visited a bunch of malls and they are all completely empty).

looks like they are well financed going into the future 3 separates tranches of BBB rated bonds with expiry 2024/2034/2044 with cuurent interest rates 4.2%, 7.6% and 7.95%. I'd say this company is healthy and financed but dipping into unprofitability last year after many previous profitable quarters is very concerning. i'd stay far away from this unless you are fixed income investor and know what you're doing.

>I thought Trump was going to save these jobs?
No, Trump promised and is saving factory and production type jobs.
Shitty retails that sell overpriced and unnecessary items have only themselves to blame when they fail to adapt.
Also, businesses closing isn't necessarily a bad thing. For smaller businesses it is a great thing. They get a new location to expand/upgrade to. Clearance on needed items like shelving, desk, registers, and other business specific purchases.
I have no idea why people think a business closing equals end of the world. A healthy economy has businesses closing all the time.

Attached: 1530161879846.jpg (398x471, 33K)

GoFundme Patreon Apple Jews Defeated

Sears died in the late 90's

This has nothing to do about the president, these are stores that are competing with online shopping. Others are dying from terrible decision making.

>Sears died in the late 90's

Yes, and stores like TSC and Big R have been exponentially growing since then. I'm talking billions. Positive news doesn't pique normie interest, thus doesn't sell so good.

1024 is the total number of bedbath&beyond stores in the entirety of the usa...closing 40 non profiting store

>n table
My sides

Way to interpret the stock market. Why don't you short their stocks if you know they're going to fail soon? Turn a mighty profit, but I doubt you'd do it anyway.

Already have.

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-09-14 19:32:16.png (962x862, 84K)

> Bed Bath and Beyond CLOSING 40 stores!

> Bed Bath and Beyond - Number of stores 1,550 August 2017

kys

>sell insanely overpriced garbage
>when you can get said products for an affordable price
>it’s somehow trumps fault
Why are kikes so disingenuous. Seriously even if trump wasn’t president they would still be hurting financially

Attached: 052F81B6-2AA0-4691-9640-2ADF1B15722E.gif (283x230, 760K)

These stores are so shit. They're overpriced with cheap shit, the only things that are same price is high end appliances but most people just amazon that shit now.

Replace the retail real estate with housing

Probably because most of our immigrants don't know the "bath" part.

Retail is actually something not really needed in this economy. We need manufacturing jobs and jobs that create products that can be sold overseas. Retail was to big because it was based on spendthrifts and people that spend themselves into debt.