Boomer corporations now trying to take over vaporwave / black pill culture

It was only a matter of time before Boomers figured out vaporwave and came for it. Get ready for your pop music Justin Bieber warped cassette tracks.

Magnolia Drive Winn-Dixie to rebrand as “90’s Vaporwave Grocery Experience” ->
talturtle.com/2019/09/14/magnolia-drive-winn-dixie-to-rebrand-as-90s-vaporwave-grocery-experience/

Attached: winndixie-vaporwave.jpg (800x593, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hHW1oY26kxQ
youtu.be/3FxA2pELtIw
youtube.com/watch?v=_j9olL5XnME
youtube.com/watch?v=9LD3NKlS55g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>like a thing
>tell every one you like the thing because you just can't help yourself
>thing gets popular
>soulless corporations try to make money off of thing by marketing to normies
>thing is now bland, soulless and overflowing with political agendas
and it's all your fault

Hah most Winn-Dixies probably don't need to renovate, they're already stuck in that era. I use to have one near my house that was trapped in the early 70s, in the mid 90s.

>they don't even understand that's lofi hiphop from soundcloud

youtu.be/hHW1oY26kxQ

Vaporware is an aesthetic? Like 80s style? Kinda like that band The Midnight?

If it brings back neon I'm for it. Luckily a lot of South Florida is already geared for that, as it was based off Miami to begin with: Neo Art Deco, Spanish Revival in the Addison Mizner style, pink adobe/stucco fucking everywhere.

Attached: dc8c6b2299849f3f6405209587b6226c.jpg (960x774, 98K)

you know, if we didnt have this marriage between big business and the state, there wouldnt be corporate entities trying to hunt down the next big thing to make a gajillion dollars. In a free market we'd have a zoo of tiny companies that only need to make a little money each for their respective owners to be rich. They wouldnt need to come after every new trend.

>Zoomers who weren't alive in the 90s mad corporations taking advantage of a 90s nostalgia wave

>and it's all your fault
>It's my fault that corporations are cultural skinwalkers who have no respect for anything and are just constantly trying to sneak into cultures made up of regular humans looking for profits
N O P E. The problem isn't me having the culture and proliferating it, the problem is the soulless marketing department trying to cash in on that culture they had no part in making.

Attached: 1335632011710.jpg (519x549, 55K)

it's just the latest iteration of muzak

a basic view of it. muzak was created to be ignorable background music to take the awkwardness out of silence in places where silence was the natural state, elevators, places where you queue etc. vaporwave is made by people who think they are being ironic in grabbing sounds which were created to be heard but forgotten and making them into something to be remembered. remembered by people who weren't around to ignore them the first time.
it's all meta. the main irony is that is it postmodern music made by people who are largely against postmodernism, or at least disadvantaged by the effect postmodernism has had on our cultures.

a quick scan of the OP source shows it is satire too, floridian satire for what it's worth, but attempted satire nonetheless.

i like it tho

they don't understand, its the embodiment of an era the silent generation and boomers stole from us.

Most Winn-Dixies have closed and I'm not sure how long that chain will continue on.

Think "Tron" and "Rainmain" mixed with a little "Miami Vice" and "Creepshow".

>Winn-Dixies
Holy shit I haven't heard that name in a loooooooonggggggg time.

>vaporwave
>use the studying anime girl for lofi hiphop instead of the mac tonight moonman

Attached: 1561174829885.jpg (660x574, 31K)

Is mall muzak vaporwave or is it the other way around?
youtu.be/3FxA2pELtIw

Vaporwave is mostly retro synth stuff.

nah, people confuse synthwave and vaporwave. you described the former. vaporwave is like being on hold with your insurance and zoning out to the incidental music while under heavy influence of prescription cough syrup.

youtube.com/watch?v=_j9olL5XnME

Attached: 5sfzEY.gif (320x180, 1.61M)

inc kino
youtube.com/watch?v=9LD3NKlS55g

floral shoppe was made by a tranny. vaporwave is tranny music. vaporwave is a grotesque imitation of 80s aesthetic made by grotesque imitations of femininity. just listen to actual old music you idiots

Corporations are always like 3 years behind internet trends

This
Synthwave is fucking ugly grid shit vaporwave is like 90s cinemax and japanese simcity

I swear, the mainstream and lefties are always trying to steal our stuff. Using Pepe the frogs memes, using our sayings like NPC, clown world, snowflake, triggered

Attached: FEC558F0-38D2-4F72-8679-EB204D0BD052.jpg (399x384, 19K)

>still hearing music compulsively

What would you expect from idiots who cant come up with something useful themselves?

Attached: To hell with good mood.jpg (481x637, 28K)

fuck off nigger, floral shoppe didnt invent vaporwave shit started from eccojams 10 years ago and nigga isnt even relevant outside of ppl who listen to that then maybe blank banshee and fuck off to lo-fi or synthwave

>actual music
kys mainstream shill

dilate

you first

This right here is why we need to move on to celestialwave.

fuck off commie its called Capitalism and its the best system ever created

marble, pastel tones, tropical beaches, early internet and weather channel forecast music
vaporwave is a guilty pleasure of the dishonest happy-go-lucky vibe of pre-9/11 world while synthwave is more of a neon hyperbole of 80's retro

Vaporwave was literally made as a critique of this hypercapitalist consumerist aesthetic what the fuck

Attached: FB5AAB3B-22B3-4E1A-9148-BA145D86102B.jpg (640x199, 47K)

Capitalism was better than communism at everything, including communist goals: destruction of the church, the family, tradition, culture. The trick is to make people think they’re free as they sink further into debt slavery.

Attached: 143906A0-BA51-42C8-9A7D-1A0AE84C04F2.png (999x595, 683K)

i wish lolicore would come back.

Oh Egad's my roast is ruined

there's that one thing we want to make popular again in here that they are taking too long to take it