Move to Maine & buy a GoHome?

thegohome.us/

Should I do it?

Could put it oceanfront for cheap

Attached: 31F6AF9A-96F4-479F-886F-D86A547D239D.jpg (1920x1280, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smallhousecatalog.com/plans/no-37-ballard
pinuphouses.com/small-flat-roof-house-plans-lisa/
thegohome.us/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-gal_allergy
military.com/daily-news/2019/08/12/congressman-claims-evidence-links-lyme-disease-us-military-bioweapons-research.html
zillow.com/homedetails/170-York-St-Portland-ME-04101/84934981_zpid/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>architecture is hard
lmfao retard

Go home is the home of choice for the New England ethnostate

were full of shitskins guy!

That thing wouldnt survive winter

what an interesting .. box

>for cheap

All of these modular / prefab / panelized housing options are almost always a scam. From what I've seen it's pretty rare that they actually save you any money vs just having some sweaty men build it for you out of 2x4 and 2x6 lumber.

Only prefab thing I've seen that seems to make sense is getting premade engineered roof trusses made. But the actual walls and fittings and all of that are just as cheap to have built on site it seems like.

I'm also going down the "I want to buy some affordable land and put down an affordable house" road but I'm more going for a simple traditionally built structure.

Something like this:
smallhousecatalog.com/plans/no-37-ballard

Or this:
pinuphouses.com/small-flat-roof-house-plans-lisa/

Seems too expensive. I'd rather live in a mobile home.

Can /pol / redpill me on mobile homes.

Mobile homes are shit. Their insulation is shit. They leak.

As far as I can tell the cheapest way to get decent housing is to build yourself a "tiny house on wheels", which is a properly built house that just happens to fit on a trailer. What you do is build all the framing and whatnot yourself and then contract out the stuff that's too hard, like the wiring, plumbing, finishing the roof, etc. You do what you can and pay people to do the rest.

A tiny house on wheels can have incredible r values, be super cheap to heat, easy to cool, very efficient, and some of the floor plans can be quite nice. And you can park them in a mobile home park or RV park.

They're not the end all be all housing solution that a lot of people think, but they do have their place as a more efficient, stronger, more long lasting version of a traditional mobile home.

just build a normal person cabin...

or better yet, a stone cottage. live in a trailer as you build it.

unless you're a numale who can't use tools lol, faggot

Attached: 5 W View Lane, Winterville, Aroostook County, Maine.jpg (3000x2250, 1.08M)

this is true, though

also consider property taxes, a tiny house on a trailer may not rate for taxes.

As some one who does rando vacations to Maine, YES ABSOLUTELY YES OP!

Good advice. Thanks fren.

Almost nice but fuck those windows. Why must they be so large and numerous?

This seems similar to the prefab trusses. This isn’t a prefab McMansion thing

In the county I live in you're allowed one "RV" on your property, and there is no occupation clause.

So you can literally buy some property and plop down a tiny house on wheels and you're good to go. If you use a composting toilet you don't even need a septic system, although I'd probably spring for one at some point.

Only problem is my county is expensive as hell and there are no cheap lots or I would have done it a long time ago. You have to check your local laws. The next county over allows you 2 RVs to be parked on your property long term, but there is an occupation clause. You're not allowed to inhabit them for longer than 180 days in any 12 month period. So if they catch you living long term you'll probably have some fines thrown at you. Which is bullshit. I'm sure it doesn't stop a lot of people though. You have to get caught first.

Every county has their own retarded housing laws. Don't ever think you can just go buy some property and put something down. The local regulations bogeyman will get you.

R u srs

>thegohome.us/
thats a fucking scam, you can buy houses cheaper than that shit.

for real, land included

Attached: Cozysummercottage.jpg (1620x1080, 394K)

my mom says i can't move out because she has no one to test her tampons or something

Attached: 1539167469852.jpg (320x320, 24K)

>for real, land included
From their website under the "lets get started in Maine option"
>The GO Home process begins with your individual house site, and assumes that you own the land where you plan to build and can provide a detailed site survey and photos of the site.
doesnt say you get land or how much land... but user you can buy a house on land for these costs.

I am going through the website I cant find what makes their homes better than pre existing homes.

There is also a 5k fee on top of the estimated cost just to get all the designs. thats fucking out of this world literally for a home design.

Attached: 1528427557379.png (262x274, 115K)

you should live in a mobile home, not one of these shanty shacks.

maine is also full of old people. maybe you could live with old people and take care of them.

>a 600sqfoot cuckshed for 179k

Attached: 1543247997978.png (520x495, 298K)

This, with some wind turbines for off gridding

>A "GoHome".
>Pre-Fab.
>On the beach in Maine.
(Much less anywhere.)
>thegohome.us/

Attached: crackingup pepe.jpg (255x242, 14K)

Lol you fucking plebe. Obviously you can buy a cheaper house. It’s about the quality of materials and systems and the architecture.

Obviously you could find some Mexicans to build you a cookie cutter McMansion or buy a trailer park double wide... if those things are your ting bruv

It’s a turn key top notch home built in 3 months. Keep reading through.

This isn’t for people who want to live in a shitty termite shack on a 3k piece of swampland

They get progressively better. Their target market aren’t NEETS

You can get a 4 bedroom for 375k with next level materials and craftsmanship and it’s turn key. Sign the check and they hand you the keys 6 weeks later.

>Maine

Good luck dealing with high taxes and no jobs and having libshits from Portland dictate your laws as they flood your state with sand nigs.

>Obviously you can buy a cheaper house. It’s about the quality of materials and systems and the architecture.
Those materials are all cheap af user. No real stone or elements used, all panels... PANEL CONSTRUCTION. That shit isnt built to last, prove to me it is.

SHOW ME the MONEY!!!! SHOW ME the houses in a wind tunnel, SHOW ME the houses in a freezing environment with the temp inside WITHOUT HEAT and WITH HEAT to measure the cost.

>Obviously you could find some Mexicans to build you a cookie cutter McMansion
I agree and in the end I think they would be the same price but the McMansion would have more amenities but also be shitty af construction like you said.

>It’s a turn key top notch home built in 3 months. Keep reading through.
Im confused, where does it say it "includes" the building site? I have not found that information it could be on a swamp for all we know. Or worse like the pictures where the demo is shown on the edge of a mountain.

> it’s turn key
stop saying that user.... its annoying... unless of course the turn key uses synergy to diversify its power drive capabilities.

Attached: 1528475320294.gif (627x502, 940K)

I went to Maine this summer, it's truly a white mans paradise. The one problem is that the vast majority of whites there are mega-cucks, and they've already started importing Somalis into the state.

Pic related is the view from the house I stayed at.

Attached: Ocean.jpg (664x889, 75K)

> can’t see difference from my shit McMansion

> doesn’t know what triple glazed windows are
> German manufactured heat recovery system
> under floor heating

This is a 900k home for 400k

Again, if you’re NEET or ted K, it won’t work for you

It doesn’t include the building site but it’s a cool idea.

don't forget the ticks. Lyme Disease has sort of decimated the ability to rough it in America.

Attached: Allagash River, Aroostook County, Maine (2003) 02.jpg (2592x1944, 1.48M)

>You can get a 4 bedroom for 375k
You can get that for 275k, along with enough acreage to do whatever the fuck you want.

Holy shit do NOT ever buy under floor heating aka radiant heat flooring. When your pipes go you gotta rip up your ENTIRE floor to get to them. run, don't walk, away from this type of heating.

I didn't realize it was that bad up there. I'm from Texas and I can't remember ever worrying about it.

>should I do it?
Their cheapest "home" is 600 sq. ft. and costs about $180k. That doesn't even include the cost of the land you're going to put it on. Their 2,500 sq ft. home costs over $500k. If you're a millionaire, then by all means go for it, but if you're just an average shmuck, why throw away money like that on something so overpriced?

>> doesn’t know what triple glazed windows are
You can get those in anything like a McMansion or a new home purchase for a standard house I would guess under 12k for replacement, its not really a selling point user but its a nice standard they have.

>This is a 900k home for 400k
>Again, if you’re NEET or ted K, it won’t work for you

To that I would say its way overpriced for what it is.

>It doesn’t include the building site but it’s a cool idea.
IF it came on a site and was prebuilt these would be mega cheaper and would be more accessible but NOT neet compatible.

I could design NEET compatible housing either standalone or non standalone. My specialty is high density but that has a HUGE construction cost meaning its a pain in the ass plus all the red tape.

I have designs that would be perfect for NEETS, easy to clear, and even better easy to build, easy to upkeep, and the NEETS would never own them. Its the cow with golden milk that keeps on giving and lets not deny those NEETS would die for the free wireless internet provided.

Little pricy for a prefab home.

>don't forget the ticks. Lyme Disease has sort of decimated the ability to rough it in America.
youll live user, millions do and are.

180k for 600sqt? no.. no you shouldnt

it sucks... some people get very sick. I know people who had their lives changed for a long time with Lyme disease.

I also know people who have gotten Alpha-Gau, the red meat allergy that ticks transmit. Talk about a lifestyle-changing disease, even the smell of meat can make you break out in hives.

ticks, not even once. think I'm exaggerating? Go on /out/

Attached: Mars Hill Country Club, Aroostook County, Maine.jpg (3024x4032, 970K)

>k, why throw away money like that on something so overpriced?
and here is the clincher you buy that shack and pay the 500-600k total including land and fees, and you will NEVER get that money back EVER.

Professionally speaking I would advise AGAINST making this investment user based upon there being no profitable return.

>thegohome.us/
lol at the prices

Alpha-gal*
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-gal_allergy

maine has been ruined by somalian and africans. no thanks

it sucks, but their alive, so at least its not a game over screen which I guess is something.

why is it that there is a lot of lyme disease in the last white areas? a little suspicious

Attached: gallery-1494603797-lyme-disease-forecast.png (480x313, 114K)

>thegohome.us/
WAAAAAAY too expensive.
I could just buy a much bigger, much nicer, custom architected home for far less per sq ft.
Cut it by 1/5 and you might have something.

yeah you don't die from HIV anymore but that doesn't make me brush it off so readily.

Attached: Westbrook, Cumberland County, Maine (2018) 02.jpg (2048x1368, 704K)

that site is a cuke scam site for rich leftists going north

>why is it that there is a lot of lyme disease in the last white areas?
Probably a self-improvement project by white researches. You think whites got tough by living in the warm tropics and eating fruit all day?

military.com/daily-news/2019/08/12/congressman-claims-evidence-links-lyme-disease-us-military-bioweapons-research.html

>yeah you don't die from HIV anymore but that doesn't make me brush it off so readily.
not so easily, but hey at least easier...

if you only knew how bad thi-----------

>Westbrook
is in southern leftist ville where all the non white are going

do you even know the lyme disease origin story?

GHIDF out in full force tonight

Attached: 1467857845429.png (252x319, 193K)

My house
>built on land of my choosing
>architecturally unique
>built in a climate controlled factory
>slab and beam foundation
>steel studs
>assembled onsite by professionals while I supervise
$150k
Your house
>built in a cookie cutter subdivision
>looks like a pastel mcmansion identical to all your neighbors
>built in the open elements
>slab foundation
>pressboard and pine garbage
>assembled by Mexican subcontractors working for the lowest bid for shady contractors
$350k

There's a reason these things are getting a following.

I have a good 14 years of Maine under my belt, central Maine, ask me anything

I'd love to one day have something like this at the end of my garden either as an office/mancave for myself or as a guest house.

user I could have built you the most fantastic cabana... mmmmmmmmm....... their so comfy!!!!!!

>I have a good 14 years of Maine under my belt, central Maine
>ask me anything
If the earth is round then how come the elevation doesnt drop off per line of sight over the horizon?

Also should I divest my ROTH IRA or consider consolidating it while borrowing on it to increase the value of my CD portfolio?

you mean steel interior room partition walls, no big deal , do you have 2x6 exterior walls? is it a modular home where they bring in complete boxed up rooms

$179,000 for a 600 sq foot house, not including land?

Yeah, sure, you should do that

what do you know about old orchard beach?

Attached: White_Like_Me.png (1400x1226, 68K)

dont barrow with more interest like a dumb goyim

>What do you mean real estate costs different amounts based on how desirable the land is?
>i can get a huge house in the middle of montana for the same cost and its JUST AS GOOD!

>ask me anything

>do you play King of Fighters?
>which King of Fighters is your favourite?
>what team do you use?
>who is your favourite boss from a King of Fighters game?

I dont know that gay game

>putting the toilet right next to and in the same room as the bath and show

You Americans are fucking disgusting.

That's dumb. You are dumb. You could build 5 pole barn buildings for that child-free lifestyle cuckshed.

wise user is wise

More of a Virtua Fighter type of guy? There's not many of you left.

Was the oil really dinosaurs, or just plant matter that replaces itself slowly like a peat bog?

Says the guy from Japan where sink toilets came from often crammed into a small space

Attached: japanese-toilet-sink-shower-toilet-sink-combo-ideas-home-interior-exterior-japanese-sink-toilet-wher (440x320, 20K)

Americans like spacious rooms to relax and take a shit!!

oil doesn't take as much time as they say, I do think that, its stupid and not even orthodox to say that its is just animal carcuses

Meanwhile, here is my future house. Around 220k us dollars.

That is purely for rinsing your hands before you go to the real sink.

Me too, that is why my separate toilet room is large.

Attached: g log.jpg (720x552, 342K)

I'm currently building a large garage on my property in northern Maine. This week I'm having a crane lift some 36ft storage trusses on to the walls. Large trusses like mine are expensive to have made and to install since you need a crane and some type of lift to get you up to the peaks, my walls are 12ft and trusses are 9/12 pitch so the peak is around 25ft. But they kick ass since they can span up to 80ft with no bottom support. Me and one other guy framed out the whole thing in 4 days. Stood the walls with the loader bucket on my tractor. Lumber at the mills is better quality and a little cheaper than home depot/lowes for sure. Total cost for my 36ftx40ft garage, including the 8 inch slab I poured, is going to be like 30k max because we did it ourselves. It would easily cost 50-60k to have contractors build it. I wouldn't even consider spending that much money on some prefab house. That's insane. You could build a fucking serious mansion sized camp with that kind of money and have serious acreage as well.

Go anywhere outside Portland and you will quickly learn how based Maine is. It is literally 50’s-90’s America where you can openly and jokingly tell racist jokes to complete strangers at a gas station and get a chuckle.

ahhh we call that A frame house. that seems like a hybrid though and more complex so more expensive design with the protruding second floor.

those are very nice.

Okay...

zillow.com/homedetails/170-York-St-Portland-ME-04101/84934981_zpid/

People with 700k will gladly buy a nicely built top notch 3 bedroom home.

You guys are heap faggots so you don’t understand

looking forward to a comfy winter.

Attached: リビング.jpg (694x521, 165K)

Its a fucking toilet in a shower,

Why is everyone looking at the model with the absolute highest price per square foot when it drops drastically for 3 or 4 bedroom plans

im guessing the land value is around 400k alone.

When it is all said and done, that 200k base price house is going to look more like 300k in real costs. I am going through the process now.

>toilet room
you deserve a 3rd nuke

Why don't you eat some irradiated rice and help out your poor urban folk living morgue style cabinet drawer hotel rooms and mini apartments

?

Having a 'wet room' toilet shower is purely a korean thing. Japanese keep toilets all separate in their own room. Perhaps an immigrant made that bathroom?

>thegohome.us/

why do millennials fail so hard at processes with steps?! AHHHHH

I don’t have time to build my own house. A year of my time is worth $250k. I’d rather pay poor people like you

>looking forward to a comfy winter.
If you get standard A frame, very low heat costs, the one you showed a bit more due to its design.

You would be very happy I think in A frame home, and why not can go fish maybe all day and bring back and cook for dinner!

There are a lot of prefab and custom house designers out there that are cheaper and better than this company. These are ridiculous prices for what you're buying. Fucking Ikea products being used.

also STAY in Japan, do NOT come to the states, or leave there. Right now is a unique time there, it has a name the golden time, this is once in a society kind of event. To leave would mean missing out on that which would be a crime user!!!

Lel ok lad. I'm retired comfy at 34. I already made my millions. But by all means waste your money needlessly dumbfuck. I bet you dont even hunt or fish. Why the fuck you want to come to Maine anyway? Sounds like youd be more comfy at the sushi bar you yuppie faggot.

You already outted yourself as a non millionaire tradie bruv

> triple glaze windows
> German heating systems
> completely passive
> turn key service
> compares it to tiny homes he saw on amazon