Has tech stopped innovating?

Old guy here. What happened with technology lately? Seems like everything has just stopped or focused on consumerism or Ponzi schemes. I’m 39 and witnessed
>BBS
>AOL / Compuserv
>WWW
>Linux
>Napster
>AIM / ICQ
>p2p / torrents
>Skype
>Veracrypt / TrueCrypt
>Bitcoin
>VPN
>Tor

What has really changed or been exciting other than some meme cryptocurrencies? Even that isn’t fun to play with or all that useful outside of hypothetical scenarios in the future. Am I wrong?

Attached: 169D4A37-1941-4D49-B567-82F9BA2319AA.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/oss-manual-sabotage-productivity-2015-11/
youtu.be/kpk2tdsPh0A
gosint.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/former-cia-phil-giraldi-israel-steals-us-technology/
dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-07-23-ten-months-and-counting-vbs-looters-are-still-at-large/
archive.org/details/marvelsbeyondsci00gras/page/n4
newsweek.com/former-nursing-home-assistants-spraying-94-woman-face-hairspray-posting-video-social-media-1459553
themillenniumreport.com/2017/05/new-world-order-new-order-of-barbarians/
youtube.com/watch?v=I0C7pyNzpg8
youtube.com/watch?v=rN0_ZBnUyyw
youtube.com/watch?v=Qygbt5y5Umo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We are forced to stay positive, positivity stands equal to non progression because positivity means youre happy the way it is.

Negativity stands for criticism and the will to make things better, but since negativity is demonitized as facism and hatespeech and muh 6 million we are stuck in all kinds of things including technology.

Yes. You gave women power. Enjoy your dark age, you didn't fucking learn the first time.

This:

businessinsider.com/oss-manual-sabotage-productivity-2015-11/

(yes, I'm shilling this crap now)

Self drive car

Fucking electronic cars can't stop catching fire. You think I'm going to trust some car programmed by a bootcamp graduate to drive me 70mph on the highway? Fuck that.

Just about everything you described are just file transfer methods. Once you can transfer any file, what's left to innovate?

What do you think is missing from "Tech" (or as you describe, the internet?)

Machine learning and AI have made huge leaps. Because the AI can better determine your interests it gives new video content an opportunity to shine.

youtu.be/kpk2tdsPh0A

This kind of content would not have been possible 5 years ago. It would only find a niche group of people already interested in the material. There wouldn't be a financial or prestige incentive to make the video, since you can't expect the video to get reach.

Induced pluripotent stem cells
"Infinite" gear tansmissions and consumer grade engine turbo boosters
Chelation based rust removers
Machine learning based CGI
Asteroid landing
Comercially viable shale oil extraction
Also computational power continues to get smaller and cheaper, in spite of no progress having been made to bypass the semi-conductor limit.

And this:
gosint.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/former-cia-phil-giraldi-israel-steals-us-technology/

> Seems like everything has just stopped or focused on consumerism or Ponzi schemes. I’m 39 and witnessed

This. It really does feel that way. Normies killed the Internet, once they started using it in droves from their phones, the whole system seems to get dumped down and used for scammy shit (not that that hasn't always been a thing but it's more prevalent now).

Technology is becoming very user un-friendly too. Like they program it thinking you're a dumb fuck with no attention span. I got a new phone and had to spend days getting it stop notifying me for every retarded app it came installed with. It just came out of the box, annoying as fuck, trying to put advertisements in my face.

The Internet using TV's model of "free but you have to sit through tons of ads" is also killing it. That killed TV. That made people want to use the Internet and since the ads make the money, instead of just asking for the money for the product directly, it's subject to putting click-bait ads everywhere.

I know I'm ranting but I feel like becoming a luddite lately. Technology has become such a pain in the ass when it used to be so uplifting.

>Machine learning and AI have made huge leaps.

This is the main driver of innovation now and the problem is they're all black boxes. We don't know why they work the way they do. Reverse-engineering them is essentially impossible for any complex system.

This is why they're so obsessed about edge cases, why every captcha is trying to fill voids in their driving AIs. Because there's any number of situations where AI cars for instance will do absolutely insane things because the data they receive tells them something completely different to what's happening.

There's even future terrorism we could see that would look like putting a white cardboard with strategically placed black dots on it that the car AIs would interpret in a way that makes them panic swerve or punch the gas or hit the breaks.
This is also how people are breaking facial recognition software. You can make the AI think you're another person by donning a mask that only contains dots and white space. Because that's what a face is to the AI. If your dot and white space set equals another then you're the same person.

This is the inherent risk in black boxes because there's no real way to fix these issues. They're backdoors into the program itself.

Attached: meow.jpg (778x576, 82K)

Big data, AI, GPS, social media, integration of many online systems, online/mobile banking and apps for everything. Improvements in medicine and diagnostic tools. Improvements in materials (lighter, stronger, less expensive over time). Improvements in vehicle technology. Signaling and processing improvements in computing.

I think we’re in a technological stage where the innovation is mostly in improvement and optimization instead of novel invention, first concepts, and discoveries. Sure completely new widgets and discoveries get invented all the time but the majority of the innovation I see is in seeking improvements in existing products and industries, which makes sense. Once you invent the TCP/IP protocol there’s no need to replace it if it’s working well, which it is.

For example, look at improvements in network signaling. 100Gb Ethernet is now becoming standard in many enterprises on parts of their backbone networks. Eventually these speeds will trickle down to consumer pricing and products just as 10, 100, 1000Mb once did.

For the industry nowadays, we only need consumers, and not novelties.

It’s going to take a fucking while because consumers aren’t demanding 100GbE right now and public networking infrastructure is way behind in making those speeds realistic at scale but it’s going to happen eventually. When it does happen the change will seem quite natural. I expect this change will probably happen at scale within 20 years and likely sooner for select markets.

Technology is hitting a wall.
No new physics discoveries in over 100 years.
This is all just a rehash of existing technology.
Next you'll be saying that hammer and anvil are new technology.
Computational power is stagnating, airplanes, trains and cars all stagnant technology.
Heating and cooling, stagnant.
Even cooking hasn't seen anything since the microwave.
Its all just flatlined.

You mean you don't want the latest igadget that is still catching up to PC tech from 20 years ago? But you can stare at it constantly instead of looking around you while you are out in the world! You can completely detect from reality! Everyone around you can hate you while collect likes from fake people! You don't find our newest way to addict you innovative?

Yes, it all went downhill when everyone tried to make "free money" instead of earning it with good products.

yes tech innovation has hit a brick wall. there is one unsolved problem in the way in the way of everything, much like how the industrial revolution couldnt happen when all we had was Euckids geometry. we needed calculus and algebra to invent physics to then invent machines and mechanization. that problem is P=NP. once this is proven, it will give us entirely new methods to push our current tech over the hump into a new frontier. we will also probably be eaten by our own sentient AI bio cyborgs who are a trillion times smarter and stronger than us, but that great replacement is just another form of diversity and it will be beautiful.

Attached: pvsnp_resize_md.jpg (744x389, 55K)

I just gave you a list of cool shit invented in the last ten years and you ignore it and go "mu-muh flying cars". The things you think are static are not, you're just an uninformed faggot layman.

Streaming
Machine learning
Quantum computing
Hyper-compression
Distributed data collection

Human genetics, being able to have tests done for real cheap and now cheap editing with CRISPR
If you think tech innovation has hit a wall, it's because you're a legit retard

Then it would be the first in all of human history.
No there are reasons for this stagnation.
Technology stagnates under tyranny.

Yes, and this is why high intelligence is evolutionarily disadvantageous. We try to praise "scientists" who've done nothing but theorize. They are not scientists. And with that, people start to believe in fairy-tales from their youth such as humans colonizing the universe. They fill children with fantasies in order to distract them from the real problems of the world. When people discover that humans will never get out of their solar system, what happens here on earth will matter most and people will be drawn to legitimate collective political systems.

Computers, cell phones, and tablets need to be destroyed lest we continue to live our lives through them and LARP till the white race's history is completely erased. This is a difficult prospect to realize, but it must happen. Technology has degraded peoples' ethical integrity and common sense which the subordinates need in order for a fuhrer to maintain a stable government. It has allowed corporations to act as propagandists. I absolutely disdain electronic technology, and my glasses are somewhat of a reflection of my feelings.

Attached: 8579989595.jpg (419x508, 126K)

Every one of those technologies is responding to incentives. The first 50 years of vehicle production saw insane innovation because there was a large untapped global market of people who still didn’t own a car. Now that everyone in the 1st world owns a vehicle, some multiple vehicles, there is no demand to reinvent the wheel with unpredictable risky innovations. The cars that do innovate (high end sports cars and car concepts) tend to lose money even in sales (think Lexus LFA which Lexus lost money on each sale). That’s also why improvements are in comfort, safety, efficiency, and materials used and not in fundamental design which does have a market too (Tesla and others but those markets are subsidized and tend to lose money). If tomorrow the majority of American consumers demanded small EVs, we’d get them faster and better than anyone in the world from every major manufacturer. Here’s the kicker you don’t show demand by whining about not having a product you show demand by paying the high cost of a Tesla or other electric vehicle. When the manufacture sees the demand based on money coming in they scramble to innovate and compete for your $$$.

>What happened with technology
the normies got into it, before it was owned by those who understood it, could manipulate it or create it. Now 99% of users couldn't tell you how to replicate their smart phone if their life depended on it.

>cryptocurrencies? Even that isn’t fun to play with or all that useful outside of hypothetical scenarios in the future. Am I wrong?

yes you are wrong, crypcurrencies saved my life. litrually. Here in africa banks tend to dissapear over night for no reason at all, just recently this happened.

dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-07-23-ten-months-and-counting-vbs-looters-are-still-at-large/

Having the ability to be my own bank, manage my own money (that i dont have to hide under my pillow) is a litrual god send to people that aren't in a 1st world country with stable banks.

I'm moving to the UK in december and forex wants to charge me 18% and i can only send a maximum of R1mil a year, with crypto i can just walk across the border without declaring shit.

So yes, you are wrong about crypto.

No not flying cars, new ways of moving energy.
How about new technology reguarding elevators, opening doors or i don't how about just letting smart people be smart without them having to apologize for not hand holding.
No tyranny of idiots and morons.

Big money got involved and that means salesmen steer the ship.
It's why Bethesda's flagship video game was reduced from being a part of a massive fantasy world to being the Mary Sue that the plastic world revolves around.
It's why cameras have web browsers and servers on them to draw the camera feed on the screen.
It's cheep, easy to market, and has a helluva bottom line for the shareholders.

Your idea is technological progress is infantile. Progress is not rediscovering electricity every 20 years. Progress can be a period of refinement of existing technology. The tech space is making insane computing innovations but they’re not quite in the form of a consumer product so most haven’t bothered to learn about them (i.e. machine learning, storage, networking, big data, automation, ai, quantum computing).

They won’t need any of that oldfag shit once our brains are linked into the cloud. Uploading and downloading thought is on the way, strap in for the technocracy.

Attached: B5236289-3397-4CB7-A115-4BEB23791F07.jpg (376x395, 75K)

>I'm so smart that I want fucking elevators to be "improved" but I can't even articulate a problem with them that needs solved

>Machine learning based CGI

BEWBS AND VAGENE

holy shit boomers arguing about technlogy. that can only be a shitshow. but keep going. i enjoy seeing retards talking about stuff they know nothing about.

>No new physics discoveries in over 100 years

...we just discovered the particle that generates mass.

and we just discovered evidence of how that mass translates to gravity

So more shit. NOT an improvement. If you need/want a computer to drive for you, there is a noose for you on day of the rope.

Attached: 1568602245870.png (1800x3100, 512K)

>consumer grade engine turbos
My truck is an '89 and has a turbo.

There’s probably a law for this but you assume that the more complex a material or technology is, the longer it takes both in terms of labor, complexity, and capital to refine it and improve upon. These factors are compounding and why vehicle manufacturers can make steel framed vehicles easily, quick, and cheaply and why aluminum framed vehicles take longer to manufacture, cost more, and are much more expensive. Improvements have an energy cost to them that compounds... which is one of the issues AI is supposed to help solve.

truthfully that knowledge has been understood, we've had our feet wet in consciousness for a very long time, it's just this data and knowledge has been gatekept very tightly by evil and only now has it begun to reach public ears

There’s literally tens of thousands of them and they are fine, ur just gay

Everything you listed is why I never trust the march towards AI-everything. AI is severly flawed and will never have the same KIND of intelligence as biology. They don't have multiple sensory inputs to react to with a subconscious guiding the conscious designs like animals do.

In your example for instance, I can kind of tell when a car is going to swerve into my lane. I can look at the driver and see how they're driving, noticing they aren't using their turn signals and be preppared for the sudden swerve. Would a self-driving car notice any of that? That's all very subtle human observations that machines can't do. They can't think "this person is a dumb fuck I better keep an eye on them" like we can.

We put too much faith in AI because Hollywood and entertainment media has us thinking robots are magically more intelligent than us.

> VR
> Cloud computing
> Dreadfully hilariously efficient algoritms
> Quantum computing
> CIA-level optics in smartphones
> Virtual assistants
> WEBMs (never forget what an upgrade that was)
> HD and UHD resolution imaging on streaming services
> Sexdolls (for better or worse)
> Robot servitors cleaning rooms and cutting grass
> 4G meaning I have faster internet when using mobile hotspot than old-ass landline copper cables

Things are still evolving

Where is the new airplanes, faster transportation.
Where is the cheap energy, new fuels or even effective ways to make new compounds and construction materials.
Where is the better schools, public parks and new forms of recreation.
Where is the inovation in communication.
You are still talking by typing.
How about new heating and cooling systems.
You can't even begin to understand how much stagnation has taken place, since you don't know history.
The plane was not a government project, neither was the car, or electric motor.
Government doesn't fund inovation nor does it do anything but stagnate technology by criminalizing creation and discovery.

There is an actual reason

Biggest problem is in machine learning and the size of silicon. The size of cmos devices is getting so small a lot of complications are rising. Early chips were made on the micrometer scale, the latest scale for cmos devices is 9 nm. Some p-n junctions are only 12 atoms thick. This greatly complicates further minimization.

Machine learning is also hitting a road block on the hardware size. Best algorithms need lots of SRAM which is fucking expensive and hard to make in large quantities. Cost to benefit isnt there

I agree with you here, I think we're at a stage of technology just kind of trending water for the next one hundred or so years. In that time, some major discoveries and break through might happen to make more innovation.

Dear oldfag. There was no such word as technology before the late 1800's It was a new way of introducing magic and witchcraft and alchemy for the breakaway civilization. Ever hear of the breakaway civilization old boomer fag? archive.org/details/marvelsbeyondsci00gras/page/n4
If you weren't a selfish boomer pleasuring yourself for yourself you would have not be here asking your stupid questions! The good news is that you dumb boomers are being rounded up and killed and no one gives AF! Not even dumb boomers. newsweek.com/former-nursing-home-assistants-spraying-94-woman-face-hairspray-posting-video-social-media-1459553 You party asswholes that never had children are getting what you deserve. Even if you have children they DGAF about your selfish asses. You boomers are so kewl. Isolate Medicate Confiscate. They don't donb't just kill children. Once you are a senior with a SS check they can get signed over to the "caretakers" you're on the menu. No one gives a shit about elder abuse. A little about pedos....but you will be murdered in a horrific torture house. Because you are selfish dumb fuckers. Hate Technology you old fuk. You think anyone cares about what oldfuk boomers think? You're on the useless eater menu when you turn 66. Goodbye Pinocchio!
Elder Abuse on the rise newsweek.com/former-nursing-home-assistants-spraying-94-woman-face-hairspray-posting-video-social-media-1459553
themillenniumreport.com/2017/05/new-world-order-new-order-of-barbarians/
Too bad you were so selfish.
The New Order of the Barbarians youtube.com/watch?v=I0C7pyNzpg8

Attached: Baby Boomer Best Bikes for Seniors.png (697x666, 245K)

Fuck mainstreamed AI and anyone who advocates for that. As someone who's been playing video games since forever, we know the limits and weaknesses of AI...it is NOT going to work out the way they think it will.

I bet the soiboi that made that was cooming in his tight jeans.

No that all came later after the technology was made viable.
The discovery of technology requires independent thought and discovery, without the shackles of Law.

Source ?

pedovores and their social and legacy media protectors are being delivered to justice.

youtube.com/watch?v=rN0_ZBnUyyw

Attached: d4428811b0f642726f1c8ca3de4f9f9103fdfab9fe9810f3dd8e734ae6008c64.jpg (1034x650, 64K)

No

This.

Whine, whine, whine but can’t actually articulate anything (because they don’t understand the technology) and their only reference for technological improvements is in the form of regularly released widgets they spend their paycheck and free time on.

>if I can’t log into it with my FB account then it doesn’t count as progress! Fucking illiterate boomers.

japan

Look, there's been plenty of progress made, but a lot of it bit the dust because of regulations and the cost of shifting standards. Ever wondered how much could be improved by accepting a different combination of external dimensions for your fridge or rehashing your car's layout? But a fridge will always run on an electric compressor even if there are new alternatives because the standard electric motor is the only thing that fits in the standard 1-yard-wide, 2-foot-deep fridge space every piece of kitchen furniture anticipates.

The only innovation you're going to see is in wholly new industries. For example, right now, small drones are taking over areal fertilization and chemspraying, and it's a tight battle between octacopters, intermeshers, and VTOLs

>last updated 2011-10-10
So how did the predictions fare?

> Heating cooling systems
Litterally everyone is moving away from oil or wood pellets to ground heat or air-to-air heating.
A good air-to-air heating system that converts 1 MW of electricity to 4MW of heating costs a bit more than a thousand bucks now.
> Innovation in communication
You have direct translation speech to speech in skype now or goggle even
> Better schools
We need better politics or eugenics for that
> Cheap energy
Shale oil has made American energy cheaper than in 30 years you mong
Also, Solar and wind has become so efficient that subsidies are no longer needed and even goddamn Texas is investing heavily.

> Stagnation
Get real faggot, we ar estill moving ahead

Gamers riseup. The terminator is going to be fucked when I jump up onto a rock he can't pathfind onto.

I am an SWE with EE and NE backgrounds. I have been a hobbyist electrician for 5 years.

There is very little motivation to innovate. If I invent something jews will fight me in court for it over patents. If I innovate, deal with patents, and have a successful small business then I have to worry about women claiming that I raped them. If I get a small business going and get my patents going, then what? I get money? Oh boy! I get more and more money HOORAY!!!!!

If I made something amazing in 100 years I will be blackwashed in some historical documentary. Fuck that. Humanity gets what it deserves and I hope it goes extinct.

We have to make apps and websites easy enough for a 2 year old to use because the general population is as dumb as a toddler is. I truly blame common core for all of our woes.

>Where is the new airplanes, faster transportation.

A380 first entered service 2007, a little over a decade ago.

>Where is the cheap energy, new fuels or even effective ways to make new compounds and construction materials.

Past two decades has seen the introduction of new biofuels as a renewable replacement for fossil fuels.

>Where is the better schools, public parks

Argument for "better" but there are entire courses available online now. Parks, you can't technologically innovate over soil with grass and trees.

> and new forms of recreation.
...wat. You live in the time of the most insane variety and diversity of recreational activities. VR, streaming services, live streaming services, interactive stuff, fucking cybersex, etc.

>Where is the inovation in communication.
again, wat.

>How about new heating and cooling systems.
heating has always been using energy "inefficiently" to produce heat. not much you can do with that. and cooling is just venting/shunting that to another material.

EX-GOOGLE WORKER FEARS AI KILLER ROBOTS Cause MASS ATROCITIES youtube.com/watch?v=Qygbt5y5Umo

Attached: google worker.jpg (196x110, 11K)

Attached: STFU Boomer.jpg (1200x630, 299K)

Transistors have hit a wall of diminishing returns to where it’s not worth the r&d for such small gains in space:computing power. This will change with quantum computing /thread.

>What happened with technology lately?
Technology has to find a way to bring finance back to its owner now. In any method possible. How are you not seeing this, if you can't find a way then it's not worth the time and effort

A vehicle is not one technology, it is many. The vehicle would not have existing without the demand for transportation either. The fact that the combustion engine was first a theoretical blue print on paper does not mean the technology for it was invented in a vacuum or that no demand had existed for it to be invented. The steam engine had already existed long before thh combustion engine. From this perspective early vehicles were not a “discovery” so much as a major improvement on the existing knowledge of combustion and already known concepts in applicable physics. I don’t buy your position at all as it seems highly focused on theoretical abstractions that attempt to divorce the discovery of technology from the real-world issue those discoveries were attempting to solve. Yes, some discoveries are made completely unintentionally but even those are bent to solve some real world issue.

Computers are technology but not all of technology is computers.
Math is at its core a lie that has rules, some of the rules of math can be broken others cannot.
Building machines to follow math is setting them up to fail, by not creating rules that in line with nature.
Devolving into madness, lies and chaos by forgoing rules of nature.
Nature cares not about the rules of men, nature follows its own rules without exeptions and will not bend or change them.

Whats really pathetic is we dont have hologram technology yet.

Yeah were supposed to have automated cars and robot girlfriends in like 3 years but we still cant even get lasers to make 3D pictures properly in the year 2019.

All the proof I need right there that automation is a Wall Street kike money making marketing scam.

You’re responding to points no one has asserted. I’m not even sure what you’re talking about.

He’s a retarded boomer, they stick out like sore thumbs.

Shut the fuck up boomer. Elon based musk is gonna drop that neuro tech and transform us plebs into 1000 IQ ubermensch any day now. Bezos is also gonna master dem rockets and we will be living on mars n shiet. Go doom somewhere else fatass. Greatest economy greatest time to see tech advances.

Attached: todd loaded.jpg (708x708, 41K)

Ground heat is older then electricity, its not new.
Electric heaters is also not new.
Direct translation has been around since the 50's in text. Not new. speech is just text to a machine.
Shale oil is not cheap, its expensive. Shale needs over 65$ a barrel to break even.
Solar not cheap.
Ever hear the phrase " To cheap to meter"
That means the meter costs more then the cost of the power you draw.
All of this is based on what was known in the 1950s.
Its not new and nothing new is coming to market as long as tyrants was to control rain barrels.

Was there technology in 2016? Pokemon Go. We haven't had new technology in 3 years.

Hello Old Guy. We have been innovating, I recently found out that I'm not the only one doing it. There's no money, no colleges, nothing like that. I know I don't have/make much money at all, and I also know I fucking hate how your generation promised mine a flying car. A Flying Car. Where are they? Where is it? I've grown to hate automobiles for that reason and DECADES of S E E T H I N G you, I've made something new. This Oil Field, Thun(((burg))) nonsense means nothing to me. I'm going to pass it on to my children, and no one else. Fuck you Old Guy

>technology has to follow my linear understanding of progress or it doesn’t count.

Btw speech-to-text was absolute dogshit as recently as 10 years ago.

Attached: 4v1a.png (10000x10000, 2.69M)

In the 80's there was faster commercial air lines then today.
A380 is bigger not faster.
Biofuels are not cheap unless you plain on using the dead for fuel, even then it would be expensive.
Parks and recreation had not only open spaces but had courts, pools and cooking grills.
No longer.
Inovation in communication would do more then just text on a forum.
Heating doesn't have to be inefficient, it can be direct. Such as only heating the people and not everything else.
Tech needs people to discover on there own free of copyright and local harassment.

I give up. This boomer just wants something to rant about.

All the next big innovations will come from materials science and bioengineering.

node.js, soy1ent, hrt, gender confirmation surgery, nintendo switch, streaming services, billie eilish, selfie sticks, lots more

Attached: 1518557939246.png (640x600, 115K)

The car could not be invented today.
Nigher could any other technology that shaped the world.
No refrigerators, no electric heating, no electricity nor solar panels, nor could most household product people use today.
All would have suffered copyright and legal issues.
Everything people enjoy was technology developed outside of government and legal reach.

>Copyright and legal issues
You're out of your depth if you think these are the fucking reasons I can't see the light of day.

Dunno bout you but I am legit mak8ng a car to the dont copy that floppy theme
Itll be 89 days to finish

Consider the fact that tablets were considered a dead end in tech progression until they were rebranded for normies. No one wanted that shit until an apple logo appeared on it. Nerds instinctively knew the pitfalls of mobile technology and its appeal to plebs.

Patently false. Go drive a c8 corvette and tell me progress isn’t being made. There’s no demand to create flying cars if that’s the point you’re trying to make. If you want to create the demand for flying cars go find some kickstarters and contribute 100k and convince millions of others to do the same.

What you posted was in computer programming, computers are math based.
Also none of what you posted is new.
Commercial products aren't technology, technology gets developed first then a company uses that technology to sell products.

Technology is discovered first, then products.
The Laser came before anyone knew what to do with it.
Then came the laser disk.
Technology is not about serving a need its about inventing something that didn't exist, simply because you wanted to.
Often technology is developed to do something it failed to do, like using radio waves to cure cancer that lead to a creating hydrogen gas from sea water.
Tech is not a product you by, its a building and creation of a idea.

My thoughts exactly. Again I think society has a very fictional-based view of AI because of all these movies and games and shows... It's not some metal-god-of-knowledge. Hell, it can't even generate it's own knowledge, everything it knows it knows because humans programmed it.

Humans haven't even figured out how and why our own consciousness and self-awareness work. We automatically assume those qualities come along with "intelligence" so if the machine has this intelligence it's automatically self-aware and conscious? Fuck no. It's just repeating code and programming. WE ARE PROJECTING PERSONALITIES AND EMOTIONS AND CONCIOUSNESS ONTO THEM BECAUSE WE FUCKING DO THIS EVERYTHING IN REALITY.

The human mind is extremely lonely and wants there to be some other thing besides ourselves to communicate with. AI, like aliens, is another human pipe dream to find something else that can think, feel and act like we do.

This made me KEK but it's also a good point I wish even fictional media would make point of. Ever watch a "smart" machine malfunction? Happens literally all the time. I'd love to see someone fighting a Terminator and it just stops and repeats the same phrase over and over and over. It just naturally malfunctioned and stopped. That's the reality of AI.

I get that but I feel like it was easy enough already, you know? Like in the process of trying to dumb it down for one group, you make it harder for everyone else who already got used to using it.

Also I think sites and programs release updates and new things just to keep busy. They can never think, "oh the current version is fine" they have to keep their business going so they release a new version of the software that doesn't even work as good as the old one, being dumbed down and simplified to the point of uselessness.

Google's search engine is a good example of this. I find it searching for something it THINKS IM TRYING TO SAY then searching for what I'm actually searching for. Like they think you're so dumb they need to correct you all the time and it just makes the machine look dumb for not listening to you.

Cringe

>This kind of content would not have been possible 5 years ago.
So you're saying the world was a better place back then?

You have fixed understanding of technology based on classical inventions of the Industrial Age. In the past all major discoveries, especially those of such magnitude that they found new fields, were based on an accumulation of prior human-only gathered knowledge. At this point in existence our knowledge has been vastly added to and augmented by computers such that for a single human to discover a technology of the type that would meet your critieria of “progress” would be incredibly difficult and increasingly unlikely. This is why new discoveries and the edges of most fields are being led by computers analyzing increasingly complex sets of data in novel ways humans alone can’t do. This is also why computers will likely solve cancer, not humans. You don’t have an appreciation for how much the landscape has changed. There will probably not be another Isaac Newton in our lifetimes as long as he’s biological only. Humans will continue to invent and discover but the most important discoveries will be made alongside massive budgets and large computing resources because the complexity of compounded knowledge requires it.

God I hope this is bait.

Cooking shouldn't really see advances in tech. The microwave is an abomination

Computing power compounds in a way human intelligence does not.

You need to go kill yourself

This is why you’re able to sit back and say “nothing new” because you don’t have an appreciation and likely little understanding of the complexity of the existing world as it is.

nah, you're delusional
besides you forgot AI, it's hidden but it's everywhere and this is where most innovation is atm

Attached: intel.png (811x1054, 401K)