KNESSET ELECTION THREAD

Netanyahu trails in the Knesset election in Israel, losing seats to Benny Gantz and thus now being one seat behind him Here are the parties and their seat numbers:
>Blue and White, 32 (-3 from last election)
>Likud, 31 (-7 from last election)
>Joint List, 13 (+3 from last election)
>Shas, 9 (+1)
>Yisrael Beteinu, 9 (+4)
>United Torah Judaism, 8 (no change)
>Yamina, 7 (+1)
>Labor-Gesher, 6 (no change)
>Democratic Union, 5 (+1)

Several parties, including the Arab Nationalist Ra'am-Balad, lost all of their seats.

Attached: 1.7860582.1141877333.jpg (609x343, 17K)

the joint list is a union of Arab parties including Balad and ra’am

also 8% still not counted
pretty sure it does not include the double envelope votes(army, embassies, hospitals and prisons)

OP here, nevermind that

Reminder in our system you can have less votes and still become PM

No I said I wanted a Knish

Does Israel have an Electoral College-like situation?

happened with Bibi in 2009, when Tzipi failed to form a government, but Lieberman is no longer with him, he wants unity.

Good. That pig will go to jail

no, it’s whoever forms a coalition that has a majority(technically 60/120 also works but no one wants that)

>he wants unity.
Does he think there is some kind of crisis that warrant this?

So it's similar to most of the west then.

we are in an electoral crisis. so kinda

I don't care who wins as long as communists and self hating kikes lose.
It's a parliamentary system. After the votes are tallied the parties recommend a certain party leader as the next PM to the president. Then, he gives that party leader a mandate to choose which parties will sit with him in the parliament. If he gets 61+ seats total, the new government is set. Otherwise, keks ensue and I'm phone posting, may some Jew fill in the rest if you want to know.

>we are in an electoral crisis. so kinda
So is Italy, but there is no unity government there.

Unity governments are usually for times of war and such. Israel have no tradition for them either, IIRC?

Why are Arab commies so high? I thought Arab commies are only good for the goyim?

we are technically always in a state of war, but we had unity government in peaceful times too.
2009 was a unity government, well until 2011 when labor left.

forgot to reply

because it’s a union of 3 or 4 parties

- so you have 9 parties
- lieberman: won't sit in a coalition with haredim, arabs, yamina and meretz
- gantz: won't sit with likud as long as bibi is it's head
- labor: won't sit with likud
- meretz: won't sit with anyone on the right
- haredim: won't sit with gantz as long as yair lapid is in his party
- arabs: won't sit with anyone

not a chance of creating a stable and functioning government or any government at all for that matter

i accelarationally hope more people come to see democracy as a failure and loosen up for some iron hand monarchy

>i accelarationally hope more people come to see democracy as a failure and loosen up for some iron hand monarchy
So who would be your King, or are you Russian, and want the Romanovs back?

Lieberman can sit with yamina
they’ll stretch the time till the hearing, if charges are pressed he has to resign and a government can be formed with Likud and B&W and if not, then there are no accusations against Bibi and a government will be formed Likud and B&W

>- labor: won't sit with likud
I guess this will break if needed.

ie Bibi will prevail eventually and happening cancel?

depends on the result of the hearing

So, to get a functioning government, Bibi has to go. And when is the hearing again?

*blocks your government*

Attached: Avigdor_Lieberman_2017.jpg (800x1093, 83K)

no.
if after the hearing charges are pressed then Bibi will be forced to resign
if they don’t, then the condition of B&W not to sit with someone with this kind of accusations is not relevant anymore and they will sit with him.

lieberman said he won't sit with Smotrich because he's messianic hard right
charges won't be pressed right after the hearting, it will take months
and lawfully bibi doesn't have to quit even if (((they))) charge him

actually he can request immunity but he needs a majority to support it in the Knesset
I don’t know if Lieberman would vote for it.

he didn’t say exactly that. as long as his conditions are accepted he would sit with almost anyone.
don’t know about that, it’s a suggestion of meretz to wait till the hearing, which as much as they’re dumb, it kinda makes sense.
the Supreme Court set a precedent with its ruling about Arieh Deri.