Do your parents charge you rent?

I think it’s ludicrous.

If you're unable to move out, it’s not going to help. It’s going to hold you back financially. “Teaching responsibility” is horseshit as well; 18yo’s are responsible enough to know they can’t choose between wasting money on sex dolls and homelessness.

Attached: 6B2B3DF1-195F-4B22-BC4B-A5C8747DAB93.jpg (340x400, 80K)

seething neet lmao

No. Im also planning to build a big house so all my children and their children will live together under my roof.
Throwing away your flesh and blood like trash is JEWSA individualist cancer.

Boomers gotta get a cut of that Jewish action somehow. Why not exploit their children like animals?

Attached: 1568102533405.gif (515x399, 1.98M)

If you're not in highschool you shouldn't be living at home

>mommie won't give me free rent.
Seriously, grow up.

That is the polite way of saying, "I really wish you would get the hell out of our house son".

Also, 18 years old was a lot older in the past. My grandparents were married and living together on their own at 16. That is not feasible today, but young adults seem to be caught in perpetual adolescence. Maybe there is a middle ground.

Losers
Live at home is all right, but pay your share.
fpbp, rare for a leaf

I charge my dad rent, his Social Security check covers it. He lives in one side of a duplex I own. The other side is an old woman I found to keep him company and yell at him for smoking on the porch. It's what good kids do.

>Also, 18 years old was a lot older in the past.
wtf.

Can't afford the $100/month mommy is charging you? Lmao kid fucking kys. You're pathetic.

Fact. Moved out in middle school.

Based

A coworker of mine still lives at home. He’s around 35, and probably makes $60k a year. I think he’s just waiting for his morbidly obese Boomer dad to die so he can inherit the house. He pays rent, but the house has been paid off for decades.

Canadians are by far the best posters on Jow Forums

Talk is big boomer. I lived with my parents cause of my $18k in student loans and a $10k car loan while starting up on my career at $16/hr. Shit was tough and I did pay my dad rent and filled the fuel tank for the furnace every other time ($500).

I moved out as soon as I was on my feet to make sure I never returned. My dad was cool about it and honestly didn’t want me out. He even told me I didn’t have to pay him rent anymore instead of moving out. I still moved out and it’s the best thing I ever did.

>move out at 18
>trust me, I’m an adult

Literally anyone who’s not in middle school realizes how ridiculous this comment is.

they do and i stopped paying and they were like "hey you owe us like five thousand dollars" and i told them to blow it out their ass and now they dont bring it up lol.

I paid $400/mo to my parents as soon as i got a job and could afford to. Cheaper than renting anywhere as it included rent, utilities, and food. After a few years i left, went to college, graduated. Now I make $36/hr. It didn't slow me down, and as they were never rich they needed the money.

No, that's for parents who hate their kids.

>waste whole life being a slave for literally fake money
>have no idea how the economy or society works
>your sole source of self worth is your slavery
what do normies mean by this?

"kill us all"

What are they going to do, kick you out?

>pay up or we’ll make you homeless
>see you at Thanksgiving

this is really good point
most parents do hate their kids. they want their kids to be what they see on TV and of course that's insane and impossible.

life in jewish slavery for many normies
let the heads roll, this recession is our chance

Sharing your money with your parents is different from an asshole forcing his own child to pay rent during a period in his life when money is hard to come by, even with a job, because most jobs open to 18-year-olds are shit.

well played

I find people who charge their kids rent are 9 times out of 10, disgusting shekel-chasing Jews. The based move is to do it, make it a small sum, but transfer those funds to savings that they can have after having been moved out for a couple months. Or to dip into to get them another old beater car if they fuck up and wreak or something.

Paying into a household that really needs the money isn’t really the same as parents charging arbitrarily to teach some kind of life lesson.

If my parents needed money I’d send them a check every month (I haven’t lived at home since 2006).

Serious homeschool situation there. By the time you have great grand kids you could have your own private school.

False. You should reside with your family untill you marry.

If they did I would move out that’s pretty much the only reason I live here

People were marrying off before 16 and 2 or 3 kids deep wih a house by 18

I was kicked out of my house at age 18.

It's pretty annoying and really fucked up my career. I still graduated at the top of my class at one of the best colleges in my field of study, but I definitely had to take jobs for short term gains instead of looking for a job that was a better fit.

I was never, ever lazy, and often worked while being a more than full-time student. My parents are assholes and accused me of being lazy for playing video games when I was a chubby 10 year old.

based

And start contributing in any way possible as soon as you are able to do so, instead of being a parasitic leach who plays vidya and jacks off all day.

If you didn't teach you kid financial responsibility before the age of 16 you are probably too poor to have any yourself

Lazy entitled fucking child

I live at home and pay 'board' because the house prices in the UK suck massive dick right now, plus i can't be bothered with the hassle and the living costs.

I'm 24 btw

I’m in the military and can literally get a housing allowance if I ever marry, and my parents still offer me to live with them with no cost should I decide to go reserves or EAS. Both of them are also from Ukraine...

Gee, it’s almost as if though western boomers are selfish, have no concept of family, and have no moral obligation.

Oh and i'm only asked to pay about half what i would for rent in my area. I don't pay utilities either. Saves me a lot of money.

Who the hell asks their offspring to pay rent to them???

>Responsibility
This is subject to redefinition by neo-individualists in a similar way that equality, minority, etc are by leftists.

The most common is a conflation between, loosely speaking, duty:
>Only you can be trusted to act in your interest at any given time
>Others may choose to help you, but this is inherently unreliable, as agency is externalized
>Etc
and causality
>Your actions caused this
>This would not have happened had you acted differently
>Etc
These are completely independent concepts. Even a retarded child is subject to the former - The extent to which they are dependent on others is the extent to which they lack agency - while they are not subject to the latter - losing the genetic lottery is not something they somehow "caused" before their birth.

This leftist-like redefinition also leads to leftist-like virtue signalling, as if you take this reasoning to its logical conclusion, the existence of the medically retarded allows any non-retard, irrespective of their actions, to posture themselves as having "earned" their genetic lottery victory through some kind of "work" that they haven't actually done. Of course nobody will be this on-the-nose, but the mechanism is general and allows more subtle signalling, even if the most vocal and damaging signalling currently comes from the left. The
>Just lift brah
meme in response to manlets, jawlets, etc is sort of a playfighting/larp/etc version of this kind of virtue signalling.

I'm actually about to move out to start my first career job , im 22 , and i've been living with roommates all throughout college , but lord its such a hassle. Also the idea of monthly living expenses is pretty fucking dumb if you think about it. For financial purposes alone i wish i never had to eat , sleep , or drink water.

Literally no one does this except wh*toids.

Other races like Asians, Indians, arabs, Jews even spics have generational households. They let their children stay until they are finished with their university studies and are financially stable.

Literally every other race bands together and use nepotism to get to the highest positions.
Not the individualist crap that American whites do. Alots of non white races are in CEO positions and in politics in the US. You seriously have the audacity to cry that other races are taking over just because they care about their own and not throw them out like trash.

Attached: 1557550445414.png (720x724, 377K)

Mine didn't. I have heard of parents charging "rent" then giving it back to their children as a down payment on a house. Basically a forced savings plan.

You'd have to pay rent anywhere else to live there, why would paying your parents be such an affront to you? Living with your own family beats having a bunch of random deadbeat cunts for roomies splitting an apartment if you can't afford to buy a house or otherwise live by yourself

>Do your parents charge you rent?
No. If they did it would be cheaper for me to move out so they won't get anything in any case.

>why would paying your parents be such an affront to you
Because parents have a vested interest in seeing their children succeed, and taking resources away from your offspring is the literal opposite of how you do that. Like, yes, you can charge your kids rent, but then when their poverty delays or outright prevents them from having kids all you've really done is castrate yourself.

imagine now with colleges plus buying a house, in here you need to give at least10% in advance for an house and you will pay for it until you die.

this

>as soon as you are able to do so
Yes. But does that mean that I should get a MCjob while trying to make do with whatever or should I finish my studies and look for the right career path?

anglos

they don't give a shit.

Look here son I could support a family of 4 on minimum wage back in 1962 so you should be doing the same you need to apply yourself buckoo

>Do your parents charge you rent?
No because they aren't retarded

Yes, but it's a nominal amount.

Everyone I knew that moved out as soon as they could needed several roommates to afford some shitty place. Then someone can't pay for some reason. They have to move, the next place is cheaper because they lose security deposit and have to come up with first, last and security again. Keep repeating until they eventually move back home.

Clean your room, take your meds, and then kill yourself.

HH

Attached: DH5400-325x120_Outsole.png (325x131, 83K)

You forgot to wash your penis , If you dont wash your penis , that leads to chaos.

Get a pair

American Boomers.

Red wing is vastly superior

Depends on how high is the rent. If it is somewhere around the portion of your wage that allows saving up money to move up, I think it's a good way how to prepare young person for later capitalist shittery while also motivating him to get their own place. If it is too low or too high, it's bad.

I remember when I started paying rent my parents asked for. Seemed rather high to me back then, but it made me to get my place early. Only later I found out I actually overpaid their whole rent. That repeated later, since my first own place was provided by my aunt who graciously offered. That time it was even more ridiculous, since I paid more than one time more than was the actual rent she paid as owner of that space.

This.

Parents that care about not raising worthless parasites. I moved back with my folks for a couple years after college and paid them like $200 for rent. It’s perfectly reasonable for a 20some year old to help with bills and it’s way cheaper than having your own place while you get your finances straight

Americans are fucking weird.

Based

Shit. Now I'm walking around with a dirty penis. I did remember to save my father from the dragon tho.

Europeans are the weird ones that don’t move out of mommy’s basement till they’re like 30

My parents charged me rent until I moved out. Turns out they were actually banking all the payments and gave me a cheque for the total of the 'rent' I paid. It was a sizable amount.

Literally homeless about 600 miles from home but refuse to let my parents come get me because I’m 20 and I can get myself out of it

If you're buying weed and beer the extra $ should go twards insurance so your family doesn't loose the house when you fuck up.

Chad as fuck. I bought 20 acres for cheap but it’s in the middle of the desert. I can’t really use it to live since there is literally nothing for miles around, but it’s a badass place to make a shooting range and ride some quads

I too am watching that 70’s show reruns

No, I work for them in exchange for room and board.

>pretending like these insect people live four generations under the same roof by choice

kys

This

I paid £400 a month minimum from 17-22, ever since I was in full-time work lmfao

My parents started charging rent at the end of high school.

But they also didn't charge me rent the few months I was forced to move back into their basement when my life kinda fell apart.

All in all, fair enough. Wealth is remaining within the family. As long as you aren't spending it on boomer cruises, time shares & date night. Let's be honest, you're probably going to have to "lend" them money in the future anyway.

I'm probably going to introduce a regular expense of some kind for my children at as young an age as possible & just throw it in their college / rainy day / fuckup bailout fund. Doesn't really need to be "rent," just something to establish the premise of ongoing expenses & obligations.

Isn’t it more the fact that white Americans used to be able to move out and make it young because the economy was so great, but now boomers are in denial about the world their children inherited?

This dude gets it.

The average 22 year old dude is either living at home or living in poverty. I say “dude” because girls can just shack up with whoever.

My father bought a house, a new Ford Pinto (not joking), and had a stay at home wife and three children in the early 1980’s. He paid for all of that as an exterminator, but later changed careers to something better. That same position pays like $35k a year (roughly $17/hour).

Literally impossible in current year. The meme is real.

the problem is if they dont teach you how to get a job it doesn't help you with anything.
A lot of boomers don't get fastfood and retail pay is below slave wages compared with the 1970s and before after inflation.
Reread the last sentence. Boomer parents can not understand the wage is worthless.
It is also a deadend job, so if they didnt get you connections or skills to work in a real industry, they are just making you worse off in the future forcing you work retail or fastfood.
and the whole
>nominal rate
thing to teach you to budget is actully just still treating you like a kid they mother, it deosnt teach you to mature.

My boomer parents charged me rent in highschool. They pushed me hard at 16 to work a part-time job and would take money out of my paychecks and claim I owed them money for feeding me or electricity. They had no intention of helping me financially with college, yet expecting me to go. They had plenty of money to buy the church a $10,000 Italian Marble Tabernacle. And they no longer go to that church. I joined the military to get away from them.

what they should do is charge you rent and save it for you for a down and first and last on apartment

>all whites are Americans
good joke

fucking peak boomer parents.
Part time jobs in highschool are also (usually) retarded. You should be sending that time with harder classes.

>Yes. But does that mean that I should get a MCjob while trying to make do with whatever or should I finish my studies and look for the right career path?
this pretty much sums it up.
You do the first and you might never get a good career as you are always worried about next weeks rent, it becomes a endless fedback loop. It is the working poor and lower middleclass attitude. "Always got to be hustling son"

I'm paying £500 a month to sleep in my bedroom.

I’m white but this is too true. Boomers were used to buying houses and supporting a family with what is today like $15 an hour and think we are just lazy for not owning a home and shit. The reason whites do this is “muh american dream” propaganda that they think is still in effect today. It’s honestly cringe, my mom was listening to laura ingram and they were both laughing at this caller’s kid because he smoked weed and lived at home at 19 and both agreed they should just kick him out, like that’s really gonna help him out in the long run lol.

A family should help each other out wothout asking for it. The sons and daughters should in a way make it possible that there is food on the table without the parents asking for it.

That being said, parents thst charge their children shekels for "rent" should be gassed alp gside their offspring.

Based. It's not the same in the South. Southerners have a much better understanding of family. Been living with my parents for a year now after moving out didn't work the best. They are letting me save up and pay off debts. They charge no rent, and since they are getting older in age, I do all of the house work/cleaning/repairing/projects they want like a deck I built them.
If you want your parents to like you, and not charge rent, honor them and do as much housework for them after your real job. Love is shown by actions, not words

the thing is parents here still treat thier 14 year olds like 10 year olds, so by the time they are 18 they are useless humans

JEW
JEW
JEW
JEW

>That being said, parents thst charge their children shekels for "rent" should be gassed alp gside their offspring.
NON JEW

Pay rent to your parents it's just stupid.
You are a family, family must help each other.
This applies not only to parents, but also to other relatives, life is complicated and everyone sometimes needs help, many things happen, so it’s always good to know that there are those who cover your back.
It’s same with money, sometimes people need help and it’s better to help them than to let (((banks))) ruin their lives.

Attached: 11-43-3-15-am-google-white-american-family-all-images-35503721.png (500x955, 124K)

Yeah 300 month when I moved in with my paps but I appreciate it every minute now since it helped subconsciously put me on a path of money wise.

Tl:Dr autist moves in with father hates renting a bedroom learns to budget moves on.

Charging your children rent is so goddamn jewish

wrong. only protestants do this.

Niggers also think they are smart.

I have several examples like these that I used to tell my boomer-in-laws because they loved talking politics and generally held similar views as me. They would cop out and say things like "yeah the times have changed maybe its a little harder but it wasn't easy for us either! We had to sell our boat, motorcycle and convertible to be able to afford our first house? How did we get those things? We busted our butts in the coal mines!"
The coal mines are shut down. A similar job today would have barely gotten me into an economy car payment for 6 years during which I wouldn't be able to save a dime. The banks wouldn't give me a loan with a 750 credit score anyway. My raises are barely more than inflation but far below the yearly increases in cost of living. The small business market is over saturated and many businesses see little growth year-over-year. Those are the lucky ones. I work 60 hours a week and my relationship is strained because our society is collapsing morally and Instagram says we should be on our second vacation of the year already. There are deep drives that I am struggling to sublimate but mostly just repress out of exhaustion. I still smile everyday and give a firm handshake, but more and more I am horrified to realize Ted K was right. The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.