QUESTION TIME: Climate change edition

Here is a glass of ice water. When the ice melts, will the water:
a) Overflow from the glass,or
b) Remain within the glass

Attached: climate.jpg (2048x3072, 404K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Df-uemc-e3w
armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/climate/the-sun-is-cooling-faster-than-anyone-suspected/
livescience.com/61716-sun-cooling-global-warming.html
iceagenow.info/lack-of-sunspots-to-bring-record-cold-warns-nasa-scientist/
armstrongeconomics.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

remain, and its a trick question cause h2o is weird

It goes in me then comes out as pee on you

both the antarctic and greenland have massive amounts of ice on ground, not water.. irellevant question.

remain within the glass, water displacement has already happened. glaciers arent all the way in the ocean so there isnt displacement until they melt and fall into the ocean. faggot.

Make some land to the side of the glass and put melting ice on that too. I'm not a climate change extremist but this argument is plainly retarded.

Attached: 1568907000502.png (500x500, 41K)

i make pee pee in the glass and it overflows

Fuck you I wanted to answer and be the smart user

Attached: poo poo pee pee.png (750x757, 115K)

Doesn't matter.
Climate changes.
Has for Eons.
It did before humans were human.

It's liberal narcissism to think humans will destroy the world by changing the temp 2C.
It's the punishment like the hell of their new religion.

why is it called Greenland again?

Attached: 1553872271431.png (640x274, 109K)

>underage reasoning

Lots of ice is submerged. So what if it melts? Water has less volume than ice anyway.

Re: above

REEEEE
DO NOT LET IT MELT. ALL ICE MUST REMAIN ICE OR THE PLANET FLUBBS.

Attached: 1548040873591.png (645x729, 97K)

ICEBERGS melting cause no rise in water. GLACIERS melting do. The water level in a glass with ice stays perfectly still even if all of it melts. Look up “displacement” and read up on the topic. Very interesting stuff, and you’ll be ahead of your class in high school trust me

When the ice melts, the water will increase by that small amount. Retard

Attached: 1554093640465.jpg (2048x3072, 736K)

why is it called Google again?

remain, the problem is ice on land melting
/thread

How much volume could melting glaciers possibly add to the world's oceans?

Correct.

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=Df-uemc-e3w

fun fact pee is stored in the balls.

the water will remain in the glass as the ice melts the volume it displaces actually lessens.

Quite a fucking lot. There are 15million sq km of glaciers on planet, not to mention they have depth too. If all of it melted we’d be fucked. Ex- if Antarctica melted we’d all be dead

If Antarctica melted we'd have more to worry about than a fucking flood.

The sun micro novas repititiously.
That's what they know and why they try to erase history.

>My retardedly simple analogy of ice cubes in a glass proves its fake!
>The co2 bottle and heat lamp experiment however proves nothing because it isn't a perfect recreation of the exact gases and scale of the earth!

This is your brain on Republican propaganda. Offer the most basic bitch easily refuted "evidence" as your proof, then demand ever increasing amounts of proof from your opponent while never actually refuting any of it.

Attached: 63d6eb7ae310260123b55b4c58c1cc507b8b6d7a56845c70259765c16fcb1380.jpg (737x596, 240K)

Like what? killer penguins?

>Climate changes.
>Has for Eons.
>It did before humans were human.
deflect, dismiss, deny

>It's liberal narcissism
It's science

Well user like I said we’d all be dead so there technically would be nothing to worry about cause there’s nobody to worry anymore. Only dreams now. All of God’s children by his side—together, with no soul left to reap on Earth

Ambient temperate zone temperatures of 200F. (100C)

Co2 is plant food. You people fail the most basic elementary level science class in not knowing what photosynthesis is. Dumb nigger.

I'm an Earth's half full kind of guy

Ayy bioweapons.

Attached: antarctica ruins.png (1320x2652, 266K)

>You people
no U

we all just need to drink more and pee less

sun is cooling so all the climate change religious dogma is horseshit anyway

Sea levels will rise 6gorillion feet if we dont pay more taxes NOW

>sun is cooling
L0Lno fgt pls
Lrn2science

Fuck your glaciers though dude.
Hannibal crossed the alps on Elephants.
The pass he used is now under 40' of ice.
200 years ago it was 100 feet deep.

It was warmer in the founding of the Roman Empire.
The mini ice age forced a mass colonization of the western world by Europe. The fuckers were running out of wood and food.

If these liberal faggots were not existing like temporal goldfish in a normalized "Current Day Paradigm" they wouldn't be such retards about climate change.

You're all fucking retarded. It's the ice that's ON LAND that's the worry. Fuck Antarctica, it's Greenland melting that's the problem.

Water is denser than ice per volume. The water would slightly lower if there were no ice protruding over the waterline.

I have to admit I used to worry about my country flooding.
But Jow Forums has taught me it will be flood by massive non-white migration long before it floods by water.

Only question is which part of Greenland will we colonize first?

We're in a grand solar minimum.
That nuclear thing in the fucking sky has variable output.

there is too many chem trails causing a thickering of the atmosphere the fucking retards are blocking out the sun.

this is why I hate the occult they are like babies playing with fire

It will cause a cascading knock on effect that will shatter the glass causing icy water to drown everyone.

>The water would slightly lower if there were no ice protruding over the waterline.
And if your brother was a girl it would be your sister.

It's not though.
Read some climate history and stop kvetching over inevitable changes.

retard
armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/climate/the-sun-is-cooling-faster-than-anyone-suspected/
livescience.com/61716-sun-cooling-global-warming.html
iceagenow.info/lack-of-sunspots-to-bring-record-cold-warns-nasa-scientist/

mah religion i mean science

B

I was just making the point that water will be smaller per gram or (weight) ounce than the same amount by weight of ice. I added the part about no ice above the waterline because I was sure some pedant would complain about my statement being inaccurate because of the ice above the waterline.

I believe in the raising of sea level and will now do everything I can to hasten the flooding of your prissy flowercountry as punishment for your retardation.

>retard
>armstrongeconomics.com
L0Lno fgt pls

>iceagenow.info

really?

You know when every mainstream media station publicises a protest before it happens, advertises it on the day and even gives the public a timetable of where and when to protest that fuckery is afoot. What’s killing the planet is the fucking pesticides and fertilisers running off into the ocean and acidifying the ocean. YES humans are fucking the planet BUT not in the way you mongs are being led to believe. These shills are pushing their “climate change” model so they can apply taxes to it and faggots will all allow it without protest. Just as they’ve managed to get you dick kickers to believe measles is deadly so your government can give your taxes to pharmaceutical companies without your objection. Wake up and fix the actual issues pussies!

Attached: 65CAA20D-B5F1-4C96-94F2-E9B9B5D71EBF.jpg (4032x2430, 2.66M)

find your own

Solar Minima

>I was sure some pedant would complain about my statement being inaccurate because of the ice above the waterline.

So you know you're wrong but post it anyways?

a) because liquid water has lower density than ice

it's the contrary, fortunately we are user here

b, it remains you nigger

you're the retard neil gerasse tyson just explained this on rogans show the other day

If the ice is floating in the water, it will remain entirely within the glass.
If the ice is being supported by something solid, it has the possibility of overflowing.

Obviously b.
If the glass was filled 2/3 with solid mass, then ice past the top of the glass and it was to melt, then it would spill over.
This is the problem when talking about glacier changes in the media, they often don't know the difference.

>be jurassic
>1950 ppm
>7 times pre-industrial level
>only 3 °C above modern level

where does all this 'runaway effect' and '10 degrees c' come from?

Attached: 3degrees.jpg (308x282, 36K)

I qualified my statement with
>The water would slightly lower if there were no ice protruding over the waterline.
If the fucking ice doesn't protrude above the waterline, what happens to the water level in the cup when the ice melts? You can even assume it's the exact same amount of ice as in the photo. Fuck, go put a glass of water in your freezer and mark the waterline before and after it's frozen, if you don't break the glass because WATER EXPANDS WHEN IT FREEZES
SO WHAT HAPPENS TO ICE WHEN IT MELTS? GAS LOW READING COMPREHENSION ESL WINDMILLNIGGERS ICE WAR NOW

wrong do the fucking experiment

>neil gerasse tyson made some sophistry about this on rogans show the other day

Water expands when it freezes, taking up a higher volume. When it melts, it will lose volume
The water level should go down.
If you're trying to compare that to sea levels, the ice in the glass isn't a good analogy, since little of it is above the water level. Ice also floats, and there's a lot of it floating above the sea level in the world.

Only dick licking faggots put any faith in anything Rogan has to say.

The ice is on top of landmass retard. I suppose you think the Earth is flat as well. The ice is going to melt, the ecology is going to change. We can't stop it so might as well take advantage of it

>some pedant
>a pejorative only where education is disparaged
'Murika!!

>If the fucking ice doesn't protrude above the waterline
But it does protrude.
It's like saying fire wouldn't burn you if it wasn't hot.

Antarctica makes up 9.2% of the world’s landmass and the total land mass of the planet is 29%. So... How much ice do you think it takes to flood the world? RETARD!

Daily reminder, nothing 1st world countries do will have any effect on climate change. You can eat all the bugs and give the government all your money if you want but until you fix China, India and Mexico/Brazil it's all for nothing.

Attached: 14524915971591675.jpg (601x1024, 113K)

c) When the ice starts to melt Greta Thunberg suddenly appears & starts lecturing you

>where does all this 'runaway effect' and '10 degrees c' come from?
Al Gore's asshole.

Attached: al-gore-idiot.jpg (404x300, 36K)

America would still be the #1 polluter if they made all the Chinese crap they consumer at home.

This.

This
OP's faggoty assumption is that all ice is already floating in the water. Even if that were true a lot of ice burgs have a significant amount of ice above the water line. In OP's pic/scenario the ice is barely sticking out of the water at all...because...drum roll please...it's a glass of ice water, not an ice burg!

Not even close retard. Brazil and mexico currently pump almsot all of their sewage directly into the ocean. All of Mongolia is still run purely on coal to the point where even their well water is polluted from the coal. And India is all shit and garbage. America/Canada/Europe contribution to pollution and climate change put together is nothing compared to even one of those countries.

Hey, bud, lots of the ice is outside the container, on land, it runs downhill into the container thus increasing volume. Global warming is still bullshit but so is this logic device.

You said "climate change"
Not "sewage"

Attached: afuckingleaf.jpg (300x240, 27K)

Thats why its a scam user.
They want to tax the west, they want to increase laws and control onto the west, and most of all they want the west to give billions of dollars to shady alphabet organisations known for corruption.... And we have little time left!

>Toxic waste in the water surely won't affect it.
>Millions of tons of pollution and coal spewing into the air won't affect the climate
Get fucked.

Antarctica is 9% of the 150,000,000 square kilometres of global land mass. Exactly how much ice do you think it will take to flood the other 140,000,000 square kilometres of land mass? Fucktard.

Us Aussies are based as fuck.

Flooding isn't concern here, retard. Global climate change means more, stronger and longer lasting storms, more extreme weather as well.

>like isis except we fuck kangaroos

right, deforesting half the world has no effect at all
I mean, sure, climate has always changed, but never so quickly and we are definitely nor helping at the moment

Volcanos.

Are you dead?

Nope.

Attached: Greta.jpg (667x667, 300K)

Read the entire conversation before jumping to conclusions.

It has changed quicker.
That's called an Extinction Level Event.
Meteor.
Solar Flare.
Ect.

The world still persists.
The deck gets shuffled.

No, I was told it meant rising sea levels. Stop moving the goal posts everytime your theory is shown to be bullshit.

Attached: 1480348538809.jpg (800x531, 104K)

>drowning niggers
>problem
OP is a massive faggot

Attached: 1783_refugee.jpg (684x350, 213K)

what about them? You really think that have a significant impact?
>imagine being this retarded

>what are multiple factors
stand back, for I am a professional retard, the post.

fucking hell you are one retarded degenerate.

I'm simply stating that OP's example is comparing apples to oranges. As far as climate change goes I'm undecided. I'm open to any and all evidence but I lean toward it's probably natural causes but at the same time I don't completely scoff at the notion that humans could potentially cause climate change. Maybe it's a combination of both, I don't know. I just know that OP is a disingenuous faggot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

Yep.
>what about them? You really think that have a significant impact?
Imagine being This retarded.

Antarctica is ice on land you utter fucking waste of recourses

Wrong holy shit learn displacement please. If the ice was sticking over the waterline, there’s more air making it less dense, and also less h2o would be added after melting. The opposite is true with ice with less gas trapped inside. DISPLACEMENT