Mexico BTFO by French auction house

>More than 120 artworks from Pre-Hispanic times were announced to be auction in Paris

>Mexico threw a fit, saying the pieces were part of its history and the auction was illegal

>Mexican diplomat sends letter to French government demanding the auction be halted

>France ignores it

>Auction takes place

elpais.com/cultura/2019/09/18/actualidad/1568820281_550677.html

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 20.50.39.png (911x723, 382K)

Other urls found in this thread:

museum.classics.cam.ac.uk/collections/casts/primaporta-augustus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I kinda agree with the Mexicans. Especially since most of these antiquities get bought up by rich jews and locked away in their mansions never to be seen again.

In mexico they would have been vandalized by beheading drug cartels, they are safer in a rich mans mansion

Attached: tenor (4).gif (300x168, 186K)

Meh, good counterpoint. Maybe they should have put them in the Louvre then?

Ok burger, using the same argument would you support the US returning all the art artifacts taken from Europe suffer WWII?

The owners are selling their privat collection. Would you like some foreign government to tell you what you are allowed to sell?

I hope they'll throw it in a bin, we don't want this kind of garbage here

Yes.

lel what you gonna do shitxicans? frogs just told you all to fuck yourselves, what an embarrassment

What the Mexicans are saying, though, is that many of these "private collections" were illegal to begin with, because apparently the Mexican constitution labels these artifacts national patrimony and thus, they cannot be sold or bought.

A lot of antiquities are looted and sold on the black market. It's a big problem and it harms archaeological research. I see why they would be sensitive to the issue.

And the French claim the opposite and say that the artifact fulfill their requirements.

Apparently the opener have been collecting since 1963.

Who would you believe more? The French or the Mexicans?

IDK, I saw some Mexican dude low-key suggesting France's cold shoulder was racism tho lol

>mutt
>siding with the motherland
We're all shocked.

Attached: 1348860981456.jpg (250x250, 21K)

>selling stuff you rightfully own is racist

Attached: 5764EE34-CA2A-4417-9BCA-FE40AD4B73C8.jpg (640x640, 56K)

And they call us gypsy thieves.

Cause you are

That's pretty disgusting. Can you imagine if some upstart nation like France sold a national treasure like the Prima Porta of Augustus? Thank God its in the hands of the Vatican and no it's not for sale.

Attached: Augustus statue.jpg (686x1024, 116K)

It's money over nationality and race, typical for the French caring nothing for their own history tearing down cathedrals and burning down the Notre Dame

Tough luck, spics
Maybe next time they don't proclaim some random dudes gods and cuck your entire civilization to them just cause they wear funny hats.

The Vatican probably has hundreds of thousands of pieces that are immensely important to our history that they will not ever show them to us.

Most of the stuff the Vatican has is at disposal of historians. Even the so-called "secret archive" is not entirely off-limits.

Does *anyone* respect that cartel shit hole?

Attached: 1556417478731.gif (250x198, 1.28M)

The french are honestly human garbage. What do you expect.

>implying beaners made those sculptures

Hon hon gaston sacrebleu beaners merde

Attached: 1482373307599.png (634x650, 120K)

>he actually believes this

Is that a face you normally make?
No wonder freaks like you are dying out, not even god would say you deserve to live.

>he's never seen the museum
Yeah they have a museum and their best pieces are there for you to look at. Also no modern museum shows their actual art or artifacts. This is because to many modern people are literally insane. Did you know that some liberal cuck just wen batshit and broke OFF the toe of the David statue. Do you trust NORMIES with sacred art?

They're (((best pieces))).

I don't trust anyone with history unless they put it out there. Like another user said this shit is going straight into a dark Jewish chamber never to see the light of day.

That's what happens when you have a logical mind that doesn't think the Vatican sacrifices little kids at midnight.

Are you seriously suggesting that the Prima Porta is not one of the BEST works of Marble EVER MADE? Seriously you have NO TASTE ABSOLUTELY NONE AT ALL. Very offensive. it's obviously the best statue of Augustus its great to look at every angle. The legs look perfect

Attached: DEALWITHIT.png (1041x844, 832K)

Have you just never looked into the church and their influence?

Attached: 1546325641135.png (1000x1000, 983K)

I'm a member of the Church.

Absolutely disgusting

Attached: 1474058793886.jpg (660x882, 94K)

This is tied with it for best statue for me.

Attached: Doryphoros_MAN_Napoli_Inv6011-2.jpg (807x1500, 365K)

That's because youre a faggot.

Attached: 1504878557746.png (325x325, 147K)

Mexico can have them back when they become a civilized country.. Look what happened to Brazil's Museum... Brown people can't keep nice things.

Not many naked statues of Caesars now that I think about it.

Attached: Friendly Critics. 1897 Stuart G Davis..jpg (1280x1671, 881K)

*sigh*

Sadly, you're right. At least as far as our museum's incident is concerned.

Mexico got rekt by Spain and then again by France

Prima Portia was modeled off of Doryphoros, pleb. It's one of the best sculptures ever.

No it was modeled off of Augustus Caesar, seriously read a fucking book you retard. Can't you recognize the face and those legs?

Attached: 4213621570_e0fc5f2332_b.jpg (1024x768, 346K)

>implying the "artifact" in the photo is real

The mexican constitution labels oil a national patrimony yet it’s stolen by the billions of dollars per year. The mexican constitution surprisingly has a freedom of speech clause that is also violated to unimaginable levels. The mexican constitution declares that the minimum wage should provide for food, housing, education, health care, and entertainment yet most mexicans live in astronomical poverty

based

The ratio and proportions used in Roman sculptures came from the Greeks, the sculpture he posted was called the "canon" because it was considered the ideal form. You seriously think Augustus' body looked like that? You're the fucking brainlet.

Why would the Mexican constitution have any authority over what people in France do?
It's like Mexicans thinking the King of Spain had legitimate claim to the southern half of the United States.

Kick rocks that's war loot probably bought off Spain after they looted central and south American in the1400s"In the late 1400s Spain was poised to become one of the greatest empires the world had ever seen.

Attached: Spain and Aztec.jpg (736x508, 127K)

OF COURSE IT DID. Romans have no respect for fake faggots who pretend to be fit. You think he could just become the very first Roman Emperor by being afake. DEAL WITH IT YOU LUMP OF LARD

Fpbp
A safe space for every race includes returning traditional art

>Why would the Mexican constitution have any authority over what people in France do?
It doesn't, and that's not the point.

What Mexicans are arguing is that the French government should not permit the sale of "national treasures" (if you will), and that's how these pieces are classified. So basically, they were trying to get the French to help catch the people smuggling the pieces out. That's what I got, anyway, from watching a few videos from the Mexican press.

You may be a collector of fine arts rich user, but do you own ancient Greek shower heads? What about Roman printing presses? ahah

Attached: 1 Ly8iqDjsYFx9Nvzf9uI40g.jpg (714x600, 175K)

Ignore the lolbertarians "lol its just priceless treasure ITS MY MONEY"

>Ok burger, using the same argument would you support the US returning all the art artifacts taken from Europe suffer WWII?

Those were taken by the nazis
blame hitler not us
plus europe is an ugly country
they look better in the Smithsonian anyway

Attached: 1568489783302.png (695x454, 421K)

Mexicans are not even those pre-Hispanic people.

>Mexicans are not even those pre-Hispanic people.
but the mehica were...

Attached: 1568494808795.jpg (441x551, 96K)

Only people with last names that have ocxtl and it’s many variations should have a say in this and even then the French should ignore them.

You're a retard that hasn't even studied Classics for 15 minutes if you don't even realize that classical statues and artwork weren't made to make Emperors look better than they really looked.

This is really fuck up what are those statues even doing in France.

We're truly the best goys when it comes to jewing people. Damn

>everyone was actually really ugly like me
No we are not like you salty fedora

Attached: Cato the Censor.jpg (787x1088, 291K)

Wtf was even in the auction? Worlds oldest soccer ball?

yah just look at all the vandalized artifacts of per-hispanic times.

Attached: mayor.jpg (1024x768, 461K)

Finder keepers

I hate it when shitskins post under the American flag. People conversing with you under the pretense that you aren’t a shitskin when in reality you are.

Mexico’s whole country isn’t worth one peace of European art

>The Primaporta statue has the body of the Doryphoros of Polykleitos
museum.classics.cam.ac.uk/collections/casts/primaporta-augustus

This is just propaganda. Senators' lies you shouldnt be so naive

Well I mean some things certainly were preserving, those pyramids are top quality. Those must of been good days. Their tourquose janguar statues and dragon statues, the jewled skulls, the black mirrors that were supposed ot be literal portals to hell, mesopamerica had some really interesting things