Religion larpers

Why is it that now I see so many posts about "was an edgy atheist but I'm now a Christian"? You all talk shit about Dawkins and his colleagues but do you not prove him exactly right when you openly discuss how you are picking and choosing to "believe" in a religion based on how closely it upholds values that you ALREADY hold, it's utility for governance and how white it is? What is the fucking point of pretending to belive in obviously made up shit? The fact that you talk about it in such a context reveals that you are still atheists anyway, correct? Genuinely interested in the thought process of said posters. Discuss. And I am an atheist because denying the agnostic/atheist redpill to me is retarded.

Attached: 181029_r33092web.jpg (727x542, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pewforum.org/2012/10/09/nones-on-the-rise/
youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why is it that now I see so many posts about "was an edgy atheist but I'm now a Christian"?
because christians come here to prey on unstable young males and lie to pretend like their dying jewish religion has any pull

Attached: byfuzp-18umzijdtpzv-5w.png (1360x938, 79K)

>how do you do fellow atheists? arent we atheists dumb? LOL? glad I found jesus ehehe...

never overestimate the level of this retards

Attached: 1569067074742.jpg (1280x720, 312K)

Attached: e01b987f63306cf2ed57015790c8600f.jpg (500x659, 34K)

>now
The fedora meme is like 7 years old

Why are atheists incapable of comprehending that people choose religion for reasons beyond material utility? Is it because that’s all you have in your worldview?

Ignoring the mystical experience, ignoring any of the philosophical and moral reasons for religion, and actually unironically thinking that religious people are pretending to believe because it matches their preconceived beliefs is so profoundly autistic that most religious people don’t have time or energy to even spend thinking about how to explain to you how wrong you are. Atheists take this as “they’re brainwashed and my LOGIC just TRIGGERED them” you sound like a child. Re read this post from the perspective of anyone other than your own.

Attached: 6D8A6832-A831-421E-8E3A-B88CF7DE2FBC.jpg (1962x1320, 1.06M)

Forgot to mention, was an atheist all through high school. Read Dawkins, Hitchens, all those kikes. It’s surface level interpretations of religious texts, combined with Reddit tier “gotcha theist” statements and autistic pilpul that I believed because of social dysfunction.

If you knew how to read anything aside from the Bible you would have understood that I wasn't talking about all religious people, but specifically pol users who say they have converted to a religion for what I see as bad reasons I.e not because they actually believe the shit is true

>unironically thinking that religious people are pretending to believe
That's actually the generous view. The "benefit of doubt" view. Because the only other explanation is you believe this shit is real despite the utter illogics of the whole thing. Which doesn't really speak well of one's intelligence.
And I'm not even an atheist.

It’s because they are npcs that participate in what fashionable for the time

Fair enough, what do you have to say to those who believe it’s true?

we seek belief because we know humans need be religious to have good mental health; being spiritual and having rituals is natural.
we start looking for faith simce on the fact that religious societies prooves better gives legitimacy to religion and we discuss the societal merits of religions because we want a good society.
this is why i started looking into táltosism, and after gaining an understanding of it, i now believe in it.

>what do you have to say to those who believe it’s true?
sorry you exist, not for you but for me

Attached: pays-religion-intelligence.jpg (676x512, 67K)

Attached: ch.jpg (333x500, 20K)

I'm agnostic, I try to uphold stoic and classical liberal values. Personally I treat Judeo-Christianity the same way I treat ancient pagan religions, as amazing fantasy novels with detailed worlds, but I have derived some values from some Christian confessions (mostly Greek Orthodoxy and Calvinism) that I believe complement well the secular philosophy that I consume. Predestination, the Iconoclast view on icons and the idea that affection is a form of Idolatry which is a sin.

You start going for the mental health benefits and sense of community and then you get to a point where you feel that you truly have a choice in believing or not believing. That's why it's kinda difficult to explain. You get to a certain point where you stand before the door of God and when he knocks you can either answer it or ignore it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190920-082722.jpg (1060x1548, 600K)

Attached: nones.jpg (680x487, 42K)

That graph was interesting enough for me to look that shit up, something to add is that around 70% of the "nones" or No Religion still believe in God or of some kind.
pewforum.org/2012/10/09/nones-on-the-rise/

>now
I've seen this sort of post sparsely over the years. In fact, even now, there's only at most one or two threads on this specific topic any time I torture myself to come here. I do not comprehend how you call this "many", or perhaps you magically show up at a point higher in this sort of traffic.
It never mattered whether or not atheists exist anyway. The foundation of your society, your government, your very source of ethics and the reason you haven't murdered a man for no particular reason, all lies in the religion you so disdain. You already believe in the fundamentals of a religion, Christianity. You just take that for granted.

>The foundation of your society, your government, your very source of ethics and the reason you haven't murdered a man for no particular reason, all lies in the religion you so disdain.
>You already believe in the fundamentals of a religion, Christianity
I wonder how we ever survived without extincting ourselves for the tens of thousands of years we were around before Christianity was.

>COPE
Haha now tell us about simulation theory and how that’s so totally different from creationism

This.
And Noone ever reflects on how non Christian societies treat other humans. How many videos of Chinese children have we seen being crushed and pedestrians do nothing. Thats what a non Christian society looks like.

Virtue ethics came from Greek pagans

>bug people
>human
White people are on average more ethical than hive mind niggers/chinks/kikes due to colder climate in nw Europe and the necessity for cooperation for complex (not rice paddy) agriculture

>how non Christian societies treat other humans
Disingenuous; that's mainly attributable to a fuckstick judge's decision that the only reason anyone would help is because they felt guilty & had caused it somehow, so should be liable. Nothing to do with religion. The chinese are inhuman bugmen but get the known reasons for particular shit straight.
I look at how christians treat the NON human lives they were "given dominion" over, and it really doesn't speak all that well of most christians as a whole.

Animals>humans
Fuck off hippy faggot

>Animals greater than humans
Well, I wouldn't say greater, I'd say they should be equal.
But good to know you're on my side.

Saw an interesting post on another board today. An astrophysicist turned school teacher was talking about how he and pretty much everybody else he knew working in the field were all pretty devout Christians. He said that physics and science fields, especially ones dealing with the cosmos are often stereotyped as being very atheist but it simply isnt the case.

Attached: 1472830064882.jpg (512x512, 51K)

shut the fuck up you illiterate newfaggot retard

Atheism is not any better then any religion.
Atheism works with group narcissism. Nobody in this world can make atheist think outside the box of philosophical group narcissism. Atheism work really like a massive religion. Atheism also has almost as much followers as islam. Still atheist are always crying how stupid most people are for following islam and christianity in massive billion people sheep groups. If anybody tries to tell a atheist about thinking outside the box. They are the ones who will seem like a fucking idiot to atheists. I use think that christian's where stupid. But they are most times much smarter then atheists.
I really hate islamists. But today i hate atheist much more because atheists own massive hopycrisies and blindness to their own stupidity is almost non real. In a strict religion you say something again's the religion you are sinner and go to Hell. Atheism do not see itself as a religion. So you say something agains atheism you are stupid and need to die so that world can become better. Atheism is like the most horrible communism that most normies will never see as communism. But it really kinda is.

Sorry that you ebinly btfo of yourself there fren.
Next time maybe try some literacy yourself.

Attached: wew lass.png (971x415, 114K)

Religion is the next logical step taken after identifying the Jew as an enemy to mankind.
>B-but muh Judeo-Christian. But muh kike on a stick.
Read the Bible.

>a system for passing traditions down generation to generation for the preservation of culture
>illogical
You're actually retarded.

B A S E D. G O D!

Attached: 1556453714642 1555950895906.jpg (1024x768, 167K)

>based on a magical being that may or may not exist who all created us to be special unique chosen snowflakes
>whose ass you have to steadily kiss to be afforded the chance to kiss his ass in person forever
>or you could like totally just choose the burning lake forever, your choice bro, he loves you and wants to give you that choice
Seems like we could've come up with a better system for preserving culture & passing down tradition.

True. Notice how whenever you put it in question they always bring up "but it's good for society" or some other similar stuff if not personal attacks. They don't deny it's bullshit, some will even tell you, they just are ok with lowering themselves to participate in and encourage comfortable lies.

The very definition of blue pill.

That is on of the reasons I became a Jow Forums user. After I read pic related, I started to put things together and it started to make sense.

I was never an atheist, but some of my friends were dragged to Jow Forums after converting.
When a person converts, it is common that this person wants to share its conversion experience as often as possible, since it is such a life changing experience.
Why would it be different with Jow Forums users?

As for the sincerity of their beliefs, I agree with you. There are many who "became" christian out of its utility for their political and social goals.
However, does it really matter? If you are an atheist, shouldn't you be thinking on these terms as well?
The japanese, for example, are said to be majority atheists, but they still retain most of their religious traditions and supertitions, just for the sake of protecting their culture.
They seem to not care whether it is real or not, what matters for them is protecting the traditions because they know that without it there would be a massive gap in their roots - a gap that could be exploited by revolutionaries.

The same could be said about christianity in the west. Whether you believe in Jesus or not, the lack of Christianity has left a massive gap in Western identity, a gap the size of God.
You really think you can fill it with political platitudes and moral relativism?
Was there ever a civilization that thrived without a god?

Attached: On-the-Jews-and-their-Lies-cover.jpg (246x369, 37K)

Are you the Brazilian who was posting Greek translations the other day? That guy was cool

No, but I wish I knew greek.
My brother knows latin though.

Christians have clogged up this board with their useless cult. I dislike the common atheist but Christians deserve to be torn down for their cancerous spread that absorbs and destroys all authentic culture and spirituality; this shit is getting out of hand

I was initially attracted back to religion by the values that it promotes but after spending a lot of time watching debates between religious figures and atheists, reading many arguments for the existence of a creator / a god and after much self-reflection I saw that atheism was even more irrational than I thought the existence of God was. It was one of the greatest redpills I've ever taken

youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY

Attached: tumblr_p0nxvjNDhl1slzegfo1_1280.jpg (891x960, 158K)

Any notable ones that you don't mind posting? I got to see Hitchens eviserate denesh desuza live but am Christian now. I remember gloating over my Christian roommate. He became a dentist with a big family and I a degenerate with a meme degree.

I don't mean to be rude but I've heard pretty much every apologist argument under the sun and none of it is even remotely convincing. Not to mention the fact that those arguments say nothing about actual religious deities or how they are connected to the ambiguous essential creator that they argue has to exist.

Spirituality and ritual/tradition is often tied to religion obviously but they are not inextricably linked. For example I can establish a secular tradition within my friend group or family of say singing our favorite songs every Tuesday. If I have a large family that tradition will spread over generations and be a unifying ritual for my "tribe". But you absolutely do not need religious tradition to be mentally healthy, that's retarded.

Dawkins is into canibalism. Look into it homo.