Serious question:

Serious question:
Why would anyone choose to be Catholic when Orthodoxy exists? It:
>Undeniably has better liturgy
>Has an actually coherent worldview based on philosophy, theology, and revelation
>Is closer than any other Church to how Christianity was practiced in the first century (even many Catholics will admit this)
>Is practiced by good, quality people actually seeking to repent for their sins and be saved
>Doesn't require bowing to a funny guy in a hat with made up authority trying to ruin your civilization

Attached: clown-mass.png (326x230, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9bkywbs1WgU
youtube.com/watch?v=rzSYDXw5NNU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>my preferred flavour of bullshit is better than this other flavour of bullshit

Because it was used to support the local dictatorship while Catholics whooped their asses and make them bow (for a time) so no thank you for your submissive religion

If orthodoxy is so great and close to God why'd He let your city get sacked (twice) and make you the turk's bitch? Checkmate patriarch.

Attached: images.jpg (161x312, 15K)

You'll look to decide which Christian group to join once you're 18 user
What are you even referring to

The Divine Liturgy is beautiful. However, sung high masses in the traditional form are just as spiritually moving. Even the regular Missa Cantata of the 1962 rite is as good as the Divine Liturgy.

The Divine Liturgy is of varying quality depending on language. It should only be said in Greek. However Russian also sounds good. The appeal of the Latin rite is the universality of the language.

I can understand you hating post-v2 Catholicism though.

Gtg about to attend Sunday Missa Cantata at the trad parish ten minutes walk from home.

Attached: 010B6D89-F706-45DD-B63A-8906670B74DC.jpg (270x270, 20K)

Even Traditional (TM) Latin Mass doesn't compare to Divine Liturgy once you're actually there and can see the icons and smell the frankincense, regardless of the language.

You have been visited by the Win Worley of dead and dying spiritual kingdoms.

Satan's kingdom is coming to an end soon, but only if you take up your authority in Christ and go to war against the hosts of hell (Ephesians 6:12).

To begin, come to the Lord with the following prayer in you heart and on your lips:
>Dear Lord God, I am a believer who professes your Son, Jesus Christ, as Lord and Savior. As an heir of salvation, I am aware of the tremendous power and authority which you have delegated to me through your Son and your Word. Dear Lord, I now wish to exercise this authority for the furtherment of your glory and kingdom.
>In accordance with Luke 10:17-20, I claim authority over all of the enemy spirits.
With the above, you now outrank all powers, authorities, dominions, principalities, world rulers, kings, princes, Satan and all angelic ranks.
>In accordance with Matthew 21:21-22, I claim authority over all the enemy's Earthly institutions, corporations, agents, entities, etc.
The above gives you ground to launch an offensive against, for example, Google.
>In reference to Hebrews 1:14, I request protection against the blows of the enemy.
Very important. If you start praying warfare prayers, you're going to be on Satan's hit list pretty quickly.
>I bind the above to the third heaven in accordance with Matthew 18:18.

With the above, you can now wage war in the heavenlies. How you do this is up to you; plan and strategise.
For example, suspect a member of high society is engaging in nefarious activities? Send a spirit of revelation to enter into their midst, if something is being hidden, it'll become known. When it is known, continue to pray by sending out appropriate spirits to protect the course of justice.

Couple of videos on the subject:
youtube.com/watch?v=9bkywbs1WgU
1:12:00
youtube.com/watch?v=rzSYDXw5NNU
20:46

Attached: 1552284757638.jpg (227x359, 43K)

Whatever you say, user.
Concern yourself with the protestants, they are much farther way from the fullness of the faith than our little schism.

I'm 36. Get off my lawn.

>little schism
Catholics have incorrect soteriology, trinitarianism, Mariology, ecclesiology, conceptions of heaven and hell, do not have icons, and have purgatory, the Pope, the filioque, no salvation outside their church, and still willfully remain in schism. It's not minor and I have more sympathy for Protestants.
Embarrassing in that case

>Undeniably has better liturgy
Debatable, which is the whole point.
Orthodoxs claim they made ABSOLUTELY NOOOOOOO changes WHAT-SO-EVER. And yet they did. Like changing the Credo's words.
This is more of a matter of theology than who is more traditional.
Is orthodox liturgy better? Meh, I've never seen it ever being portrayed anywhere and actually being appealing or theologially excplicitely better.
>has an actually coherent...
dunno what you're trying to say here, it's just a matter of reciting the same ritual every sunday and spreading the word of God by building an empire, I see the roman catholic one in the past, but where's the orthodox one?
>is closer than what jesus practiced
Are better rituals the ones that stick to traditions but forget about the people or the ones that stick to the people but forget about traditions. I think that roman catholicism is a good mix between the two, while orthodoxy is waaay stuck in its undecyphrable gibberish and protestantism is too libertine.
>is practiced by good people
bitch, orthodox one of the most liberal minded christians even on a matter as simple as faggotry. Even most of protestants surpass your levels of degeneracy.
>doesn't require bowing to certain people
>I can do whatever I want
>I'm totally an orthodox
>fuck you catholic daddy!
>how'd you like that, uh?
>I'm not simply doing this for attention because I felt rejected by the catholic church in the past and can't cope with my mistakes
uh-uh sure honey. you sure know better now do you... You do know that they still have clergy that you must obey to, right?

>Are better rituals the ones that stick to traditions but forget about the people or the ones that stick to the people but forget about traditions. I think that roman catholicism is a good mix between the two, while orthodoxy is waaay stuck in its undecyphrable gibberish and protestantism is too libertine.
This doesn't mean anything, it's word salad.
>uh-uh sure honey. you sure know better now do you... You do know that they still have clergy that you must obey to, right?
Lol there's no Italian master of the universe who claimed infallibility 150 years ago

ok based

you realize 99% of religious people acquired their faith through family/culture as a child, right? they didnt review all religions and then picked their favourite

>This doesn't mean anything, it's word salad.
I know your little pea-sized brain has difficulties trying to understand multiple big words at a time, so I'm gonna spell it out once again only using greentext.
>if you get stuck in traditions
>then the people no understand no more
>and they only do it because you have to
>they start to not understand why they're doing it and so they just stop altogether
which is why most slav countries except for poland which is roman catholic, have an even lower church attendance than west europe
So is it really "better" to have a more traditional liturgy at the cost of no people attending your churches? And mind you that as I said, you even have one of the most degenerate liberal christians in your movement, so it's not even a trade between quantity and quality, you're simply losing on all sides.
>Lol there's no Italian master of the universe who claimed infallibility 150 years ago
>lol *nervous laughter* XD
I was talking about orthodox clergymen, you dummy

Yes, user, whatever you say. It's funny how it's always the Catholic Church the target, the single most propagandised against Church in the entirety of Christendom. It's funny how you guys say that St. Peter founded Antioch before Rome but only one of those still stands, isn't that right? The Catholic Church had to deal with so much drama while evangelising the entire world while you guys just chilled in your little ethnochurches for almost a millennia now. The Catholic Church was grace with Saints, with miracles, which signs, with Holy Apparitions, and the Orthodox can't even decide their own hagiology. The Catholic Church was able to enact a powerful Counter-Reformation which brought forth many blessings and substantial theological development, yet the Orthodox remain in stasis to this very date (despite the theological discoveries that were happening up until the Schism, I might add). The Catholic Church magnanimously declares the Orthodox sacraments to be valid and embraces them as lost brothers that have become schismatics because of political reasons and not actual theological ones, yet the common Orthodox still spits in the face of his Catholic brother.

It's always Pope derangement syndrome with you people.

>It's not minor and I have more sympathy for Protestants.
So you're a troll, huh? You're just a protestant being deceitful. Make better productive use of your time and stop acting in a manner that is unbecoming of a Christian man.

Attached: 1550630959755.jpg (1553x2701, 973K)

He's not even Orthodox, user. He's clearly LARPing. Just ignore him.

>I know your little pea-sized brain has difficulties trying to understand multiple big words at a time, so I'm gonna spell it out once again only using greentext.
This is funny coming from an Italian Catholic
>if you get stuck in traditions
>then the people no understand no more
>and they only do it because you have to
>they start to not understand why they're doing it and so they just stop altogether
Exactly as I said, you do not have formed opinions on this matter and are throwing things at the wall hoping they stick. You don't realised you're an actual heretic and not prone to reason.
>which is why most slav countries except for poland which is roman catholic, have an even lower church attendance than west europe
You don't know what the Soviet Union was?
>So is it really "better" to have a more traditional liturgy at the cost of no people attending your churches?
When you have priests in Barney costumes conducting liturgy it is definitely worth it.
>I was talking about orthodox clergymen, you dummy
Are you this slow? I'm talking about the Pope, not clergymen.

>So you're a troll, huh? You're just a protestant being deceitful. Make better productive use of your time and stop acting in a manner that is unbecoming of a Christian man.
Protestants are usually just ignorant while Catholics cannot truly understand Christianity while remaining Catholic without becoming willfully schismatic.

This is true. Protestants are in a bad place. Catholics are bro tier.

T Orthodox Seminarian

Ps. Say a prayer for us at Fatima

Attached: 1568913730643.jpg (500x539, 47K)

Catholics have better hats

Attached: 351940-vatican-pope-christmas.jpg (316x421, 33K)

i cant fucking even im fucking crying stop this

Swear in the name of the Lord that you are an Orthodox faithful and you're not simply being deceitful for whatever reason.

It's all so tiresome. Being a Catholic is so tiresome. Having to deal with the constant barrage of protestant attacks, from "Christians" that can't even obey the Moral Law and employ these sorts of tricks to foment disunity and discussion. It's all so very tiresome. If you can't become a Catholic or an Orthodox, at the very least start by becoming Christian, OP.