Why do we still worship tourists who walk up to the Everest summit?

“My whole body was screaming for me to stop.”

As the clock struck 9pm Bonita entered the death zone.

For every minute you remain in it, your body shuts down that little bit more due to the lack of oxygen.

Not able to eat she knew it was a sign that her body was shutting down.

“My body saw my stomach as a non-vital organ in comparison to my brain and heart so that was the first to stop working. Knowing I was slowly dying was terrifying.”

Bonita walked with her sherpas until they reached the Balcony at 27,500ft before tackling the Hillary Step, a fortress of rock that guards the summit.

“The mountain was in total silence. All I could hear was my breath and the sherpas shouting at me to move on. At sea level humans inhale on average 15 times per minute. In the death zone it was closer to 60. The minus-30 degree air was burning my lungs like acid.”

Attached: B4D92323-B55A-4780-8A08-C11B1D0E2A48.jpg (821x1026, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DejR2UvrrrA
adventure-journal.com/2019/07/himalayas-women-sherpas-the-sherpani-have-their-own-stories-to-tell/
livescience.com/63061-how-much-trash-mount-everest.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>white people things

While her ascent had been almost textbook, the descent was another story. Walking down the fixed ladders on the Hillary Step, Bonita lost her footing and tumbled, slamming her body against the rock.

“My vision was blinded by the throbbing pain across my back and neck and my left arm hung limp at my side,” she says. ‘If you don’t move you die here,’ shouted one of my sherpas.”

Unable to walk and desperate to get out of the death zone Bonita had no option but to slide through the snow on her bottom.

Her Sherpas then tied a sling to her harness and literally dragged her down.

After 12 hours they finally reached camp four where a medic immediately injected her with dexamethasone, a drug which combats altitude sickness.

“My guide ripped off my boots expecting the worst but luckily I had only superficial frostbite on the tips of my toes.”

Attached: 4BD248A7-CB42-4D26-B177-5488C83F557F.jpg (800x600, 102K)

IRL pay2win.

>Youngest woman to ever climb Mount Everest
Sure sweety, you did it all by yourself, totally not carried to the top by sherpas.
>All I could hear was my breath and the sherpas shouting at me to move on.
They weren't shouting at you to move or you'll die, they were shouting at you because you were holding the fucking que.

dumb whore

Attached: 1559543216645.jpg (620x349, 65K)

You got to be retarded.
I go mountain climbing in the summer and no sane guide worth his shit is going to bring you to places you don't have the climbing level and physical ability to reach.
Unfortunately those Himalayas sherpas don't care. They won't have a record of losing a client to death and just ask for more money.
>her sherpas
Yes, litterally mules, not guides.
Retards ascending the Everest like this can't even haul their backpack themselves so they pay extra guide to pick up the slack. Seems like she was even unable to carry her own weight properly.

Litterally an instagram whore. Just like the one who died in bikini in the mountain. They want the stamp from doing it without even being able to actually do it properly.

A blind 13 year old boy “climbed” Everest

Literal retards. I usually scoff at blacks who do the whole "wypipo do dum sheeeeiiiiit" routine, but in the case of Everest, they're absolutely right. There is no reason to climb it nowadays except to get some Instagram likes or whatever the fuck is the addictive feedback mechanism it has.

This, kek

>""""""""""""""climb mt. everest""""""""""""""""""
>buy actual slaves to carry your stuff

Im surprised the sherpas dragged her down, usually you are left to die if you're retarded

naw, it's a middle-class thing

lately theres an international REEE happening to remove all the dozens of corpses and TONS, yeah, TONS of actual shit, not to mention leftover tents or oxygen bottles laying everyfuckingwhere.
Wonder if Green Boots will be removed.

Attached: 152943611857545343 mfw all so tiresome.jpg (492x449, 48K)

Everest is a meme mountain. Easy shit go climb this one without sherpas.

Attached: K2.jpg (1600x1200, 260K)

whats up with this, are we colonizing the mountain?

Attached: Clipboard02.png (1456x302, 52K)

They saved her life literally because she's a cute girl. They derived the extra power they needed from their balls... I'm literally not kidding.

Would you care if you get paid thousands of dollars per person?

this

> jap
> complaining about everest
Lots of japs climb too.

>worship

Attached: 1548473544131.jpg (340x333, 25K)

>Her Sherpas then tied a sling to her harness and literally dragged her down.

Number of sherpa's she has fucked: ZERO

Attached: spinelwtf.png (255x255, 67K)

Burger, actually. And wow, I didn't know everyone of one nationality had to be of one mindset. I mean, the chinks are, but they're not human.

>oh no this is so horrible and terrifying, I'm literally dying and my body is shutting down!

>so which way do we go now, sherpas?

>climbing for 2 years
Fuck thats retarded, I ve lived around and climbed mountains since I am 5 y/o and I wouldnt go up there.

Attached: 4C959517-7C14-4BBC-ABE9-EDEAE10FE6B0.png (1199x1200, 1.78M)

Same here. I have been climbing for 25yrs in the Alps, in Bolivia, in America (Rockies)... highest I have climbed was in Boliva over 6,000m.

And I would not be so foolish to try Everest and die in a queue like a common Brit.

mount Everest is an idiot lure

>Her Sherpas then tied a sling to her harness and literally dragged her down.

So let's be honest, you're a sherpa.. all these white sheltered tourists turn up in tens of thousands of dollars worth of high tech climbing gear and still need you to drag them up and down the mountain and just generally hold their hands and baby sit them. Wouldn't you just leave them to die if they fuck up? Maybe even just say to them, sorry but you shit on our mountain and didn't clean it up, I'm just gonna leave you up here to freeze to death, no one is ever gonna know I could have helped you.

I climbed Fuji with absolutely zero prep. Fuji is a bitch-tier mountain and it still almost whipped my ass. People need to realize that there are places in this world that human beings simply are not meant to be. Mountains do not fuck around.

If anyone tells you they climbed Everest, ask them what about K2, or what about Vinson Massif in Antarctica? Everest is so mainstream and boring now

>Wouldn't you just leave them to die if they fuck up
Some of them do. And good on them.
They probably get a bonus if the drag the tourist back down.

I mean sherpas live their every day at over 5k meters over the sea level.
Whites live at sea level.

It's a massive difference. They don't feel the literal boulder put on your shoulders when you transition that much.

>Didn't take spare oxygen
>Was inexperienced
>Lost her footing on Everest

For those that don't know, Everest is dangerous because of the lack of Oxygen. There is very little technical parts to the climb, its mostly a smooth walk up. It's the exhaustion and lack of oxygen that kills people.

When your in the 'Death Zone' you can only take one or two steps every few minutes. You get out of breath and have to stop. People are dying so much recently because Nepal is letting anyone with money climb, they aren't checking for experience.

For comparison, when the British were sending experienced mountaineers and explorers to find a pathway to the top in the early 20th century. The mountaineers from New Zealand Switzerland and Britain were spending weeks up there, sometimes months in the area looking for routes and the deaths were from avalanches not exhaustion.

That is how unfit and stupid these people are who are climbing today.

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

Only sherpas climb Everest. Tourists like roastie-in-story are carried to the top by sherpas.

>would you care to get paid thousands of dollars to be someone's slave and accompany him to the top of the highest mountain
>not that there is another source of income except herding 5 goats in a valley

>Wouldn't you just leave them to die if they fuck up?
Too many dead morons might kill the business. Pardon the pun.

I fucking hate these dumb cunts so much. She should've died, now people will have to listen to her meaningless stories of her supposed valor.

Attached: 1566913552969.jpg (580x450, 33K)

>published 2017

>Just like the one who died in bikini in the mountain.
Story?

>Wonder if Green Boots will be removed.
Green boots got moved and it caused problems because his corpse was a marker for people to note how far they were in the death zone. If I recall they just rolled him down the hill.

>they just rolled him down the hill.
thats fucked up

>Nepal is letting anyone with money climb
I hope they have a law that says they get all the dead persons money.

As opposed to using his corpse as a fucking road sign for 20 years?

Crazy chick that climbed mountains in a bikini was on a solo climb, fell, broke her leg or something, and froze to death before they could airlift her out.

K2 and Vinson Massif are likewise mainstream.

Do you want to actually have a non mainstream mountain, try those without big names. Like Illimani or Acotango. Or Karl Marx peak etc.

didn't his family say to leave him where he died?

>bikini-clad thotcicle
I bet it's good for tourism.

According to wiki he's still up there.

Isn’t everest supposed to be full of garbage from so many people making the ascent and leaving crap up there.

>Alps
I wanted to get into climbing but quit because mountains jew, I'm not spending my money for those jews

Why don't they use drones to drop oxygen bottles on the route? They could take the empty ones down also.

According to wikipedia mountain jews live in the Caucasus.
There shouldn't be many in Germany.

Can drones even fly at that altitude, especially carrying a bottle of oxygen?

I grew up in the Alps. It costs 0 to go into the mountains. Only thing you need is shoes. The whole rope and harnesses etc. shit is for tourists... and serious climbers. We hardly ever used ropes and climbing gear, only times I remember was on the Watzmann East flank from the Königsee and on the Wildspitze and Similaun.

No, even the best helicopters cannot get up there except this one specially modified Airbus chopper.

Attached: 1D78CA9F-1A1B-4A23-8C03-5A7176E0D67D.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

it's full of dead bodies
Everest is sacred ground and basically a death trap, only a self centered glory hungry retard would be interested in the climb
More need to die so they stop doing it
And it's not even climbing anymore when you're on oxygen the entire time

>before: only trained experienced people go to Mt.Everest
>now: YOLO
What prize does one get if you get to Everest if you're an untrained and inexperienced climber?

Drones can't fly that high.
All the oxygen bottles and other supplies have to be brought up by Sherpas.

For every tourist trip there are numerous trips made by Sherpas to bring up supplies.
And many Sherpas die doing this work.

bet that took two inches off the summit
what an awesome and douchey demonstration

>nearly

shame.

Attached: 1385072786336.jpg (960x686, 334K)

>IF YOU NO MOVE WE'RE ALL GONNA FUCKING DIE HERE

Although I think it should be possible to design a special drone.

They are even sending a drone to mars to fly in 1% of earth's atmosphere (similar to flying at 100k feet IIRC), albeit at lower gravity.

But should the world really make this just to give more rich kids instagram likes?

I climbed Everest to fight climate changed and let a plastic flag on top just so other people notice me

Attached: IMG_20190922_121023.png (360x259, 194K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DejR2UvrrrA

Attached: d7497aa55109253dd16572c17dfc272835274e9e9d3177289566b59c373c47c5.png (1645x979, 365K)

>Youngest British women ever
She made it into the record books. She is a true hero now in eyes of the dumb.

>he expertly said with bits of spittle and cheeto spraying all over the screen

You tell her you robust, chinsome fellow.

>Her Sherpas then tied a sling to her harness and literally dragged her down
So, a man saved her ass. Maybe women should think twice before acting like men.

>Why do we still worship tourists who walk up to the Everest summit?
Because they are upper classers exercising their class privilege

Please tell me that all of that shit is a pile of dead bodies.

Attached: 1568730678844.jpg (471x388, 94K)

Your flag looks like gay finland on my tiny screen

Women sharpas exist.

adventure-journal.com/2019/07/himalayas-women-sherpas-the-sherpani-have-their-own-stories-to-tell/

That's pretty normal at mt everest. Colorful corpses

Happened couple times already lmao. They wouldn't risk killing themselves since they'd spent more energy dragging a soon to be corpse

THERE'S AN ENTIRE REASON WHY THEY DONT RECOVER CORPSES

There are 2 idiotic things on Everest. 1. Summitting during the May/June and 2. dragging corpses down for defrosting.

Attached: 8D92ACB2-4DD6-4705-88D5-5D7D5CC4B87E.jpg (1500x999, 429K)

Attached: roast.jpg (406x305, 15K)

>brits
>huwhite

knowing women ask her if she made to basecamp 2 at 30k feet and see her answer

Why can't they drop a supply of oxygen tanks there? Isn't Everest climbing pretty profitable and you want more retards there?

>Why do we still worship tourists who walk up to the Everest summit?

We never did. Maybe the first explorers who did it back when it meant something, but these days it's just a holiday destination.

Ehh, drones can only fly for a few minutes at sea level, at that altitude it would be far worse due to lack of density in the air makes it harder to generate enough thrust upwards. Also, oxygen bottles are VERY HEAVY, whereas drones are meant only for carrying light loads ie a small compact camera and thats it.

Too high, too windy, too much weight. You would struggle to get a plane up there, never mind some piddly little drone.

30,000 ft is the altitude jet airliners fly at. You can't get up there with anything smaller, like a helicopter.

>Yet another major problem throughout the region is human excrement. Local climbers are hired to bring the poop down in barrels from base camps and dump it into pits; the waste then washes downstream during monsoon season in the summer. Byers estimated that over 12,000 lbs. (5,400 kilograms) of human waste from the Everest base camps results from the diarrhea and other intestinal problems that so many visitors experience each year because the waste isn't completely filtered from the water supply.
livescience.com/63061-how-much-trash-mount-everest.html

Attached: chloe morenetz reaction.jpg (268x347, 13K)

>feet
we use meters here

Call me when someone can match this absolute madman

Attached: Jerzy_Kukuczka_Mount_Everest_1980.jpg (800x1620, 188K)

The OP gives the altitude in feet, and it's also the system I use.

you know who uses imperial in 2019? the US, Liberia and fucking Myanmar.
fucking stop

For true feminist equality they should have only allkowed female sherpas to help her.

And us, and those related to us, because we invented it. Cry some more.

>MFW The one Russian guy climbed the mountain without any polish people helping died.

Attached: 1284748984404.jpg (442x552, 35K)

>Or Karl Marx peak etc.

Everyone starves to death at the summit.

story?

Not really. It is not that challenging.

Attached: 087A2F52-0CBD-4252-ADA4-A6A0691F9E9B.jpg (1024x683, 102K)

Cool climbing to everest and getting the shits from other peoples shits who got the shits from other peoples shits...

A very complex version of the human centipede.

Attached: 9240F67D-A0E5-4404-B3FC-1F48C87EE31A.png (747x419, 265K)

> fuck patriarchy, will pay for men's work since I'm a strong and independent woman
> patriarchy, I'm literally freezing to death, pls help

Germans really are a humorless bunch of robots, aren't you?

I've got news for you people. Mount Everest is not the tallest mountain in the world. It's Mount Trashmore in Virginia Beach. Google it.

she should have died for doing stupid stuff and supporting the fake news in the “muh independent and strong whamen”

I will never understand the need to climb a mountain.
I understand the need to explore something new, but there is a literal queue to go up that mountain it is ridiculous.

How can you die from that place in 2017? It's like a Disney attraction at this point, women huh.