/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Allied Powers Edition

previous LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD

Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com

For Ranger info, obviously.
sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
strawpoll.me/4671253

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT SECURITY CLEARANCES KTHX
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 1521857651738.jpg (750x528, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0EjqOCpM7d8?t=7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 1473029992659.jpg (960x483, 84K)

Anyone take the polygraph before? That stuff scares the hell out of me

they dont care about your chinese girl cartoons

Don't sign up for this bullshit. Your recruiters laugh their asses off at you morons for buying into their pyramid scheme.

haha ya totally xDDD

>mfw prior service 11b from ranger batt going to ft lee for 91f ait
What the FUCK am I in for nerds?

Which MOS will be going door to door to take the guns away and can you pick your preferred pronouns before MEPS?

Attached: bd2395_6344308.jpg (480x459, 92K)

No clue but im prior service and may be going back in so can i pick your brain?
Why did you get out?
Why do you want back in?
Age?
Why did you choose 91F?
Any other info...

I never got out, just reclassed. Prior service is the term given to people in schools that have already been stationed somewhere.

ohhhh, well why did you want to reclass? And still why did you choose 91f? I thought people wre clammering to get into batt?

I’m getting out soon anyway and want to get into contracting/working on guns/gunsmithing and regiment will send me to every gun course I can think of under their dime and not mine. I’m still staying in batt I’m just getting off the line and doing something a little more low tempo(which would be a nice change up for me).

ohh ok, so wait they ley you change mos but dont make you sign a contract extension/re-enlist?

sigint or linguist?

Trying to get some straight info here, because I’m hearing multiple hints from multiple sources.

Trying to re-enlist. Was ELSed 5 years ago because my parents were getting divorced and me, being the 17 year old spaz that I was, refused to train in the hopes that I could save my parents marriage and my brothers home lives. I now have an RE-3 JGA on my dd214 and the narriative is “entry level performance and conduct”. Nothing else- nothing about mental or physical health, nothing about insubordination, etc.

I’ve spoken to a few recruiters- some say no way, some say it’ll be really hard, and others are saying that they can have me in boots by the end of the spring. Realistically, what the hell are my chances? I just wanna be airborne infantry, chugging koolaid all day and scrubbing rocks.

>refused to train in the hopes that I could save my parents marriage and my brothers home lives

Attached: 1516995477350.png (254x208, 97K)

It went about as well as you’d expect. No getting around the fact that I was a retard.

I reenlisted for 2 years

dude the army blows my mind, you guys have 2 year re-enlistments?

buy a gun, go to your parents, scream "you're the reason i can't enlist! you killed my dreams, so now i kill you!" then DO NOT KILL THEM AND RAPE THEIR CORPSES. ;^)

Yes very good thank you

But for real, what’s the realistic outlook for an RE3 with no mental or physical complications? Does it just boil down to finding someone willing to do the paperwork?

Sigint, unless u know for a fact youre good at languages or have a photographic memory.

Back when i eblisted it was 35W, and at end of basic you find out if ur going 35p or 35n. I was told i would get to choose, because i really wanted 35N, and i was good at technical shit. But then i go thrown a curve ball and was sent to language school for korean as a 35P. Ended up busting my ass to learn a language for over a year, just to fail on the speaking portion because they said i sucked at replicating their accent. They said my accent was too american when speaking. I failed with a dlpt score of 3/3+/1. Got reclassed as a 35N, luckily, but by then i was an e4 and hated everything. Then i got assigned to an asshole infantry division and never got to do 35N job, and instead was tasked to do 35F shit, which luckily i was good at and liked.

yeah, we have one year and even 6 month extensions for guys who want to catch one last deployment.

You can initially enlist for 2 years granted your mos allows it

>Does it just boil down to finding someone willing to do the paperwork?
the key to everything in the military. seriously though, your parents sound like shit.

It depends on the job you are reenlisting for and how long the ait is. Like if you reenlisted to get rasp or go an intel MOS, its 3 years plus training time minimum, so 4 year contract. If u go rasp while already in, and no as a re up bonus, they tag on 3 years to your current contract.

Neat, how do you like being in batt?

Lmao idk why that last thing was linked, probably thumbed it when i was clicking post

it’s ok

thats its? Just ok?

Going to take the ASVAB tomorrow and going to MEPS on Thursday, any tips you guys have for me besides obvious stuff like "study and get a good nights sleep"? Going Air Force BTW

Eh, the worst part is that they made up without my help, which only compounds the stupidity of this tale. Nowadays I couldn’t give a fuck what they do, or at least let it affect my ability to do my damn job. Can’t believe how emotional I was back then.

But ok- I’ll just look out for a super motivated recruiter and pounce. Thanks for the bit of encouragement.

Make sure to not sign any contract unless thats what you really want. Go as far as telling them, this isnt what i wanted, and start walking out.

yeah

So the contract would be the job correct? So only sign it if its a job that I actually want. Also I have been looking at jobs that I would be interested in online but everyone I look at people are bitching that it sucks, is that the same for every job?

Kinda thinking about trying to get some IT type job if I qualify or going for Aircraft Maintenance and have fun with 60+ hour weeks. Any jobs I should 100% stay away from?

jack off at the hotel so you get a good nights sleep

I love my mos as of now, 4421. Naval station is pretty and laid back.

Only gripe would be how open contracts are in the corps, but im passed that myself.

Ya, the job contract, if they say oh you need to reserve some kind of job even if its not the one u want, tell them no, and call recruiter to pick u up.

Make sure to have some kind of wishlist when u go, of like top 3 or 5 jobs, in case u cant handle the pressure and get cinvinced to sign for one right then and there.

So u wanna do it or mechanic huh? Anything in particular?

>Naval station
Where do you work? Just curious

This. Also learn to njnja fap and have good bearing if you get caught.

Why did u pick an open contract? Or are u just saying you dont like them in general because you handle that paperwork?

I'm a shy introvert would I get bullied or picked on in the Army?

Im a student here. Hoping to come back to this place for more of its legal classes because Rhode Island feels like a better Michigan, especially just off the ocean.

I signed a CC contract hoping to get finance, got law. Im okay with that because you arent doing A&M tier finance as enlistee, just payroll. I can study stocks throughout the day.

A lot of jobs in the corps are semi open. 0300, CC, field artillary picks up a lot for some reason, force recon isnt meant to be passed lol. I know admin contracts have a lot of variance too.

Im a shy introvert that got picked on in the Marines. Just deal with it and have fun, they make basic/boot stressful so you will become enemies with some of the kids no matter what. Then you shake hands at graduation and screw off.

NO i mean what naval station dude? Is that where your school is or something?

Are you the Warrant Officer guy from previous threads?

Yeah a lot of dod legal classes are at naval station newport.

>naval station newport.
finally

I mostly just want a job that will teach me something useful I can turn into job in the civilian world without it being absolutely horrible while being in. I was looking at Tactical or Structural aircraft maintenance, helicopter maintenance, vehicle maintenance (would rather work on planes or helicopters). IT type job I was thinking client systems or trying out computer systems programming.

I have never been a mechanic and haven't done anything more difficult then changing breaks, oil and filters for a car so I don't even know if I would like it but I love hands on work so I think it would fit me pretty well. Just need to get the 50 or whatever on the mechanical grade on the ASVAB to qualify, don't know how easy/hard that is to get.

Also I have been searching if a 6 year is actually worth it, recruiter says I should obviously for the "instant e-3 and e-4 by the end of the first year" but everyone online says you will only make like $2,000-$6,000 more then a 4 year recruit. So I need to think about that more.

ASVAB is so easy a trained chimp could pass. Don’t sweat it, just brush up on algebra and stuff if you have a hard time with that. Everything else is reading comprehension or dumb shit like “here are some gears. If this gear turns right, what way will the other gears turn?”

Yep, I have been taking practice tests for the past few days and looking up what I didn't know. Hoping to go in there and score really high and qualify for as much as possible.

I have a question. Does the rank lieutenant mean lieutenant to a commander or a commander of lieutenants?

When I talk to my recruiter for the first time, should I treat it like a job interview? I.E wear a suit & tie, bring resume, talk about my qualifications?

Yup

That should say "does the rank lieutenant COMMANDER mean lieutenant to a commander or a commander of lieutenants?

I just dressed in my "I am going to a nice restaurant" clothes and he was happy with it. Suit would probably get you laughed at after you leave.

Do the 4 year, at least that way if u end up hating job, you can reclass faster. Initial Rank and bonus dont mean shit in the long run fyi. You should have studied for the asvab.

If u go mechanic, go helo, they make bank on the outside. IT wise, dunno, pick which one sounds the coolest.

Lieutenant to a commander. But thats old world thinking. Otherwise we would still have commandants in full use instead of in old name positions.

No, wear normal clothes. Try not to dress like a slob in life, in general. Also bring notes, and know already what u wanna do, and study for the asvab. Not everyone is a super genius who can remember school shit like anons on here, so study just in case u suck at knowing things.

No need for a resume, you could talk qualifications if it's related to the MOS you want since the MOS could be overstrengthed and they might try and shill you a shitty contract unless you can either convince them why you'd be a good fit for a populated MOS vs someone else. (or you could just get up and leave and stick to your guns over the phone for weeks until they cave in) Just dress like you're going to church or a mid-range restaurant. Khakis, polo, that sort of thing. Don't wear sweatpants and your favorite pajama t-shirt, and try not to overdo it like vid related.
youtu.be/0EjqOCpM7d8?t=7

Listen to these anons. Also, if your recruiter tells you anything that even barely sounds like it could be too good to be sure, look it up online. They are more than willing to bend the truth as much as they can.

Does anyone here know about the SAS reserve, and what types of things you do in it? Based on my understanding from military forums, it basically just performs Brigade Recon which is below the remit of the pathfinders, is this true? also anyone have any info on the pathfinders?

Don't do these things, proteins from your semen can come up in your urinalysis thre next day at MEPS, and they might make you come back and take it again later.

I doubt it. Why would anyone want someone who has a history of wasting time and money while being disobedient the entire time?

t. guy who has no idea but thinks you're not getting back in

The army is literally fucking stupid and wastes money better than anyone else. It's insane they straight up get no return on a bunch of the shit they do.

>It's insane they straight up get no return on a bunch of the shit they do
Can you give me some more examples, curious

Sigint is more applicable in life and probably more fun

In the Marines you pick a field more than a mos on your contract. He means your contract is broad

What branch is best for linguist?
If i already speak russian will i be randomly assigned to another language or can i do russian?

Reclassing folks for 2 years when almost half of that is pure training

idk which one is best, but i know which one is the worst. duh muhreenz.

Navy and army. Pick army if u dont wanna be on a boat, or if u wanna do airborne or ranger or shit like that. I would say army has more opportunities available when in this job vs navy, but its all up to u.

I can't hear u over the career I've built off of my 4 wasted years

*tips GI Bill*

A vast majority of veterans I see are fat. One time I met two Iraq vets, one who was overweight and the other who was so fat he had a mobility scooter.
What's the cause of this? Depression? Joint damage? I don't want this shit happening to me.

Not giving a fuck, is the cause.

Ok. So just keep working out. Problem solved

army doesn't need russian linguists

ok DRUMPF

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 16.00.05.png (104x124, 24K)

I used to want to enlist the Navy back in highschool but knew that my mental illness and past hospitalizations would be an automatic DQ. Now I am a Junior in applied math and have become interested in military careers. Do you I still have to go through the regular enlisting process as a Nuclear engineer or whatever? Can I still be DQ'd even if I am not trying to become a soldier?

Attached: nuke.png (949x2587, 414K)

Oh fuck I really should had done some more research before asking that. Thanks.

apathy.
mentally defeated.

The only reason our active duty are in any shape, for the most part, is our pretty chill height/weight standards and being forced to do PT. Most people simply aren't going to exercise in any form or fashion unless they gotta.

Sub or carrier.
Pros and Cons especially for nukes. Inb4 never go nuke, get a dar, read the op, ect.

How are USAF IT jobs? I've heard it's very chill.

see >inb4
You cant inb4 the truth friend

Attached: 1509947666752.png (2176x1548, 667K)

The thing is that most recruiters now tell you that they won't guarantee you a job. You need to get the required Asvab scores to get the job you want and select it. If that job is full, tough shit.

Sub or carrier.
Pros and Cons especially for nukes. Inb4 never go nuke, get a dar, read the op, ect.

Cool, that being said, nuke or carrier

Jesus, this thread scares me.
Why the hell would I join, again?

I was considering joining to do something with my life and to help me with paying college but I'm not sure that's worth it

>Why the hell would I join, again?
to do something with your life and help you with paying for college

Attached: 1477199256273.jpg (600x481, 44K)

if the job is full just dont sign shit and say you'll be around when the job is unfull. you dont have to sign shit.

i hear it varies. i aint no airman though

he's probably right though. "fuck off we're full" sort of thing. the military uses most of its linguists very very poorly.

Any good jobs on a sub? All these threads have nixed the idea of being a nuke, but are any other roles that maybe are worth doing?

>ah yes here get cancer and waste 4 years of your life shitting off in some desert while learning nothing that will get you a job when you're back

What airforce maintenance jobs will get me to Japan? I want to do weeb shit

whatever needs to get done, you're not very likely to go there with whatever job you get, you either have to get very lucky or wait for a while in service until you can choose a base of preference

>I dont understand deployments to deserts are rare these days and the gi bill is a thing and even if it wasnt just choose a good job with transferable skills.

Carrier. You'll actually maybe hit a port and get off

Gee I don’t know why don’t you google the sub rates and do your own research

Trying out for SEALs or Diver/SO, shipping out in six months on my normal rate.
>Apparently to even GET into the program/BUDs you need to tryout in a football team style draft, which consists of a circuit style physical test minimums of 12:30 500 yard sidestroke swim 50 pushups/situps, 10 pullups and a 1.5 mile run in under 10:30 but you need to get higher then that to get past the draft.
>The class is being held at a local YMCA, I'm the new guy everyone else there has their SEAL, EOD or diver contracts but still must attend before shipping out for the PT segment.
>There were two proctors for the test, a cut as chiseled marble retired SEAL who I will I just call Guile (and had nearly the same hair cut) and a rescue swimmer who looked a lot like
would turn even pussy slayer Chad into a Jow Forums virgin.
>Did terrible on the swim, barely passed at 12:22, expended nearly all my strength because my stroke needed work.
>Felt like a wet noodle coming out of the pool, unsurprisingly I failed everything else got like 37/61 pushups/situps barely could do a single pullup and shitty time on the run.
>We still had to do PT afterwards, which consisted of bear walks, more pushups and wheelbarrows.
>Buddy up, being the odd one out Guile was my "buddy" and was already short with me for missing mark on pushups.
>Doing set of Wheelbarrows with Guile holding my legs goungmy arms start feeling like lava and give out I hit the grass.
>Guile Screaming "GET THE FUCK UP YOUR TEAM IS WAITING ON YOU"
>"YOU BETTER NOT FUCKING DROP AGAIN user"
>Feel especially shit because these guys are waiting in pushup rest position for me to finish.
>"YOUR BODY CAN DO IT, IT'S THAT BITCH ASS MIND OF YOURS THAT'S TELLING YOU THAT YOU CAN'T"
>Finally finish the PT, the other shippers were like, "don't worry bro everyone does shit on their first PST".

I have to do in addition to going to the PT tests every week a training/swim clinic.
Literally was crying driving back home.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

ganbate user!

you can do it, just keep trying!

Attached: 1440145902156.png (525x585, 133K)

THIS IS ALL GOOD.
None of this is bad dude, youre on your way. Dont give up. Check out the OP imgur for all the prep programs.

Attached: 12966463_1078193125564504_1201838622_n.jpg (481x269, 15K)