Why the fuck are these so hard to find? I want their 9mm carbine...

Why the fuck are these so hard to find? I want their 9mm carbine, but not the mall ninja variant that's covered all over with rails.

Attached: Old-Carbine.jpg (640x393, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/760266233
gunbroker.com/item/758843914
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree. They're both ugly but the older version had more character to it. But I'm not gonna buy one for $400+

>$400 for a hi point carbine
Is that really what they're going for? Good god.

The older models, yeah. I think basic newer models go for around 250

I swear to christ, I've seen Cabelas selling them for $400 at one point. Other gun stores seem to be selling them for around $300-$350.

Well if I find one, I might just have to shell out the $400. I unironically like the looks of the old 995.

The new 10mm are soooo nice though.

>mfw I bought one for $180 at a gun show a few months ago
Call up some local gun shops and go to gun shows; tell them to call you if they get one in

Attached: 1513853667760.gif (550x550, 1.61M)

You mean the old solid stock Hi-Points? You can't find them easy because they haven't been made in years.

There's always the ATI stock, which is much nicer than both, though it's also out of production and can go for like $70 these days.

I've yet to check reviews. The .45 is kind of interesting me now though, because they came out with a 20rd mag for it.

Attached: Hi-Point ATI Stock.jpg (640x480, 83K)

My girlfriend's dad gave me one for Christmas. '96 vintage. Didn't realize they were worth more than the newer ones.

Hi-point offered a conversion to existing 995/4095 owners when the TS (tactical) models came out. IIRC it was something like ~$60 to upgrade from the planet-of-the-apes look to the TS. A lot of owners did this as the new stock felt more sturdy and well made than the old stock. Mine is still in the old stock, but I also inherited my father's carbine in the new stock. I think the weird spring buffer pad on the new stocks is distracting but it is easier to disassemble.

>tfw can't own one in NY because it's considered an assault weapon

This is an assualt weapon in NY

Attached: 52D729F6-84EF-436B-80AB-6A638CAE55F6.jpg (1976x975, 947K)

I know right? It calls to my inner edgey genX spirit

Attached: IMG_1425.jpg (423x750, 82K)

If not for that awful grip, it'd be 10/10 space phaser

May as well just get a cx4 at that point.

I've only seen the older stock for sale in a store ever.

They cost more.

you better have a good reason to buy a hi-point

Attached: a picture.jpg (735x741, 172K)

Just save money and get PCC or Sub2000

Unlike Glocks, they literally just work

But the hipoint carbine is actually pretty cool and it's an American company.

Hi-Point is a group of small companies that make each variant in batches. They can't afford to make 2 kinds of stocks and maintain their prices at the low margins they currently run at. They basically make 3 different guns with varying calibers and finishes.

i guess glocks are good enough for cuck countries

I was literally just holding one of the older models today at my LGS, it was priced at 149, this thing was ugly tho, i ended up buying a Kal-Tec RDB, its ok.

Then buy it and sell it to OP for $300.

Capitalism, ho!

Ruger and Kel-Tec aren't American?

They really should have made it so that they take grease gun and Sten gun mags and just made those type of mags in a 10 round config.

>Ruger
Bill Ruger was a fucking cunt. He was about as American as your average nigger

I got mine for 2, im not sure theyre worth it over the ts past asthetics the old stock likes to flex when one chokes up on it. It will literally outlast me so theyrs that. If you find one do what i did and toss a redball mag with a dole sticker on it for lulz

Yeah, and cabelas will keep that shit up right until they go the way of Gander Mountain.

>awful grip
Noguns leave. Target pistol grips are nice.

Bill ruger is dead and you're a sperglord

This would also be in California where I live. I bet the reason in NY is the same as California, which is the magazine in front of the grip.

I know stock design can get complex but how hard would it be to buy the cheap one and then make your own stock?

I think cali has an olympic pistols exemption

Those rails = tons of options for useful accessories. Anyway, you can buy the newer model for between 200 and 300 almost anywhere, then use the ATI stock kit, or the bullpup conversion kit that should be coming out next month.

>that pic
Just buy a damn Cx4, Jesus Christ.

Attached: homer vomiting.jpg (1024x764, 68K)

He also died back when you were a little boy.

CX4 costs more and isn't available in .45ACP or 10mm Auto

That stock is only slightly more aesthetic than the factory stock. The weird ass barrel attachment is hideous

Some table at the Oaks,PA gun show had a handful of them, pretty sure in 9mm, and all priced below the new ones at the table.

Sorry I don't have more info for you bud, but if I knew they were worth $400 I would have bought the table.

There is literally nothing wrong with Hipoint carbines apart from the fact that it's a bit of a pain to use magazines higher than 10rds with them. Even people that hate Hipoint pistols generally agree that their carbine lineup is decent.

Honest question, do you want it because of Columbine?

>single stack carbine
>nothing wrong
NO

Aesthetic is one thing, the bigger deal is that it's far more rigid and comfortable than the factory stock. No creaking or flexing.

The little piece of barrel shroud is I guess for people who don't like having an exposed skinny barrel like that, I see people with the actual Beretta carbines get them too sometimes.

Attached: 2851002_02_hi_point_9mm_carbine_w_ati_sto_640.jpg (640x480, 24K)

They've made 20rd mags for the 9mm and .45 ones, they're probably going to make ones for the .380 and 10mm/.40 caliber ones as well.

The big deal with them though is that they're pretty cheap, they work pretty well, and the warranty fixes any issue you might have.

Attached: RedBall-Sports-.45-ACP-20-Round-Magazine-for-Hi-Point-4595TS-Carbines-4.jpg (660x360, 45K)

I'll buy one when someone makes a bullpup doublestack chassis and no sooner.

The Beretta carbine is actually quite nice, if you want a 9mm carbine that takes pistol magazines, it's a pretty good choice. It'll probably cost a bit more than a Ruger, but it's also a bit more compact.

It's also reversible, if you're sinister.

Attached: beretta-cx4-sbr.jpg (1320x562, 303K)

camp gun master race

Attached: Marlin_Camp_9.jpg (3264x1840, 890K)

Poverty

this is a good reason

>pistol grip
>detachable mag
You have no idea how painful it is being from New York.

Attached: 1445714529723[1].jpg (700x700, 63K)

I would assume you'd be more angry you're a Jew York yankee virgin instead of a patrician Southern Gentleman.

gunbroker.com/item/760266233

gunbroker.com/item/758843914

These are ending soon, no idea if they'll be bidded up to 400 though

If I was made of money, I'd bid 400 on both of these just to fuck with OP.

I have an old one with like 8 mags. Think I could get $600 for it?

I bought a HiPoint carbine from my local shop, .40s&w. Love the carbine, and I hate HiPoint pistols.

I had a 40 cal one, but it was the odd one out when it came to ammo. I found someone on backpage that traded me their 45 cal version for mine. it even came with an extra mag!

Attached: 1433568929381.gif (320x362, 1.99M)