Poland to get next generation Patriot system

Poland, United States sign $4.75 billion deal on Patriot missiles

reuters.com/article/us-raytheon-poland-patriot/poland-united-states-sign-4-75-billion-deal-on-patriot-missiles-idUSKBN1H417S

- new 360-degree non-rotating AESA radar incorporating Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology
- new Northrop Grumman Battle Command System (IBCS) obtained by Polish Army before US Army
- new kinds of low cost interceptors (SkyCeptor)
- transfer of rocket and radar technology (two offsets)
- production lines of low cost inteceptors will be in Poland as well as production of parts to PAC-3 MSE interceptors
- 50% of industrial share for Polish companies
- price reduced from 10,5 bln dollar to 4,7 bln dollar due to a half of year of negotations

ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2017-12-06/poland-get-next-generation-patriot-system

More info about new IBCS C2 system that is going to be a brain of Polish next-gen Patriot:

breakingdefense.com/2017/06/support-ibcs-best-missile-defense-c2-weve-got-former-mda-tester/
breakingdefense.com/2017/12/army-icbs-missile-defense-system-tracks-jets-despite-jamming/
breakingdefense.com/2016/04/missile-defense-brain-multi-tasks-army-ibcs-kills-cruise-ballistic-missiles/

More info about Polish version of the system:

defensenews.com/top-100/2016/09/06/poland-wants-patriot-with-different-battle-command-system/

More info about negotiations:

defensenews.com/land/2017/12/06/poland-surprised-by-high-price-tag-for-its-long-awaited-patriot-purchase/
defensenews.com/land/2018/01/31/patriot-price-tag-reduced-new-polish-defense-minister-tweets/

Attached: z23200815V,Podpisanie-umowy---system-WISLA.jpg (960x640, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

defence24.com/green-light-for-the-polish-missile-defence-mod-no-more-than-pln-30-billion-cost-in-wisla-programme
wprost.pl/180636/Obama-nie-chce-draznic-Rosji-Polska-otrzyma-nieuzbrojone-Patrioty
flickr.com/photos/127182102@N08/albums/72157678506235554
flickr.com/photos/127182102@N08/albums/72157685335293910
reuters.com/article/us-russia-nato-missiles/russia-deploys-iskander-nuclear-capable-missiles-to-kaliningrad-ria-idUSKBN1FP21Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_missile_defense_complex_in_Poland
youtube.com/watch?v=dTV3P0UE23c
youtube.com/watch?v=FG4dv9t-C68
youtube.com/watch?v=SOFE0scCX1o
defence24.pl/szatkowski-krabow-bedzie-ok-500
defence24.pl/macierewicz-polska-kupi-160-wyrzutni-homar
youtube.com/watch?v=xN0HUNgd-E4
reuters.com/article/us-poland-military-spending/poland-to-allocate-additional-55-bllion-on-defense-by-2032-deputy-minister-idUSKCN1B31AB
youtube.com/watch?v=zbQEZlr5E2s
twitter.com/RealNewsLine/status/978074643616747522
atimes.com/article/patriot-system-good-enough-missile-defense/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grom_(missile)
youtube.com/watch?v=bOoViE1h-hc
youtube.com/watch?v=l-V7DnfBPXQ
armyrecognition.com/polish_missile_vehicles_systems_weapons_poland_uk/piorun_grom-m_manpads_man-portable_air-defense_systems_short-range_missile_technical_data_sheet_pictures_video_12612165.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qVcC3AEItTo
northropgrumman.com/AboutUs/OurGlobalPresence/Europe/Poland/Pages/default.aspx?&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uzVBRDkARIsALkZAdl47FJ9do1Hhg7hO_pNAg0IEmqY4doZco28ofskHmglCZaAYHY4rkMaAoQLEALw_wcB
youtube.com/watch?v=vtNw8NDP6sM
breakingdefense.com/2017/06/support-ibcs-best-missile-defense-c2-weve-got-former-mda-tester/
breakingdefense.com/2017/12/army-icbs-missile-defense-system-tracks-jets-despite-jamming/
breakingdefense.com/2016/04/missile-defense-brain-multi-tasks-army-ibcs-kills-cruise-ballistic-missiles/
breakingdefense.com/2018/01/missile-defense-vs-china-russia-decentralize-disperse-hide/
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-us-armys-new-missile-launcher-has-super-game-changing-19074
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The contract includes 8 batteries (64 launchers)

Poland is rightful Russian clay cyкa

Sounds like a good deal. Romania and Sweden bought standard version of Patriot without technology transfer and offset for similar price

This purchase is evidence that standard version of Patriot is crap looool

Russia wants a lot of clay, Poland has none of it. It's a lot of fight for not a lot of payoff and Poland will cut off the nose to spite the face in the event of a war with Russia.

Poland won't avoid need of obtaining nuclear weapon anyway in a middle-term scenario, even against NPT treaty.

it is not mongol.

Attached: PoljakNigga.jpg (393x382, 53K)

The deal contains even Yockey waiver on technology transfer.

Secretary of State at the Polish Ministry of Defence, Bartosz Kownacki, stressed the fact that Poland resigns from obtaining the GEM-T missiles, guided with the use of the Track-Via-Missile method, and it is going to acquire the SkyCeptor effectors (expected to be manufactured in Poland) instead. Kownacki also placed a lot of emphasis the fact that the IBCS system will be introduced into the Polish Armed Forces in parallel with an equivalent process taking place in the US Army.

Moreover, Deputy Minister noted that Poland has obtained so called “yockey waiver”, an authorization to acquire the IBCS suite before a full scale series production begins, within the framework of the inter-governmental agreement concluded with Washington. It is an important point of the deal, since IBCS suite has not yet entered even the LRIP phase. Within the FMS process a formal notification and Congress authorization are yet to be issued, nonetheless the “yockey waiver” itself is a major step forward. The provision is also a proof of the US trust.

The “Milestone C” decision, determining the completion of the EMD stage for the IBCS system and transition to production, is expected to be taken by the end off this year. Full scale manufacturing is not going to begin before the finalization of the LRIP, which happens directly after the “Milestone C” step. The FMS procedure – should a standard set of steps be adopted – assumes that the military equipment would be delivered from the US only after the full scale production begins. However, as it was noted by Kownacki, Poland will be given a chance to implement the IBCS in parallel with the US Army.

defence24.com/green-light-for-the-polish-missile-defence-mod-no-more-than-pln-30-billion-cost-in-wisla-programme

SkyCeptor is a new version of David Sling's Stunner intereceptor applied to Polish needs

Attached: 550_800_crop__ozrlv1_07f95a38d17f4fbb998f05eff66768c2.png (800x550, 269K)

Are Polish jokes seriously just Russkie propaganda? I ask because I love telling Polish jokes but hate Russia and everything associated with that authoritarian pile of shit.

Polish jokes arrived to the USA with Germans.

HOW DARE POLAND BUY DEFENSIVE WEAPONS! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

That is one ugly missile, if i may say so

>HOW DARE POLAND BUY DEFENSIVE WEAPONS! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

In times of Obama, USA was using _disarmed_ Patriot systems in Poland during trainings due to request of Russia. It is not a joke.

wprost.pl/180636/Obama-nie-chce-draznic-Rosji-Polska-otrzyma-nieuzbrojone-Patrioty

I'm genuinely surprised with this deal. It seems like Poland got a real bargain if they really are getting technology transfers and local production

This system contains technologies that US Army will obtain not sooner than in 2022.

Poland demanded this system in 2015 after a lengthy evaluation of alternatives such as the Israeli Rafael David’s Sling; the MBDA-Thales Eurosam/SAMP-T; and the Medium Extended Air Defence System (MEADS) from a consortium led by Lockheed Martin. All these systems: David Sling, MEADS and SAMP-T didn't fulfill requirements of Poles.

Attached: 1519494441571.png (800x800, 261K)

Hi fellow boomer. I too think Americans should spend more blood and treasure defending the world against Russia. Plus, Russia doesn't support homosexuals.

Attached: 1521143264959.jpg (960x678, 113K)

You may not say so! It's beautiful.

So... Is Poland joining NATO now or later?

>So... Is Poland joining NATO now or later?

Nevermind I'm stupid, Poland has been in NATO since 1999.

>So... Is Poland joining NATO now or later?

They joined in '99

>Plus, Russia doesn't support homosexuals.

That's just good state policy though... Why coddle the mentally ill?

Attached: 1505535588571.jpg (640x426, 121K)

Sounds right, my 14 series friend in army was in poland for multiple training missions with their military in 2011-2014 showing them how our air defense stuff works.

We have around 10k US soldiers in Poland now, if we add 2k of Tennessee National Guard soldiers that arrived here in february:

That's my photoalbum:

US Army in my town:
flickr.com/photos/127182102@N08/albums/72157678506235554

Polish-American military picnic:
flickr.com/photos/127182102@N08/albums/72157685335293910

Attached: 20170706_162706.jpg (2048x1152, 1.13M)

So, they are practically asking for more russian SRBM and TNW in Kaliningrad. Will be interesting.

Poland obtains the missile defence system because Russians moved Iskanders to Kaliningrad.

reuters.com/article/us-russia-nato-missiles/russia-deploys-iskander-nuclear-capable-missiles-to-kaliningrad-ria-idUSKBN1FP21Y

If Russia didn't do it, Poland wouldn't buy it.

Not really.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_missile_defense_complex_in_Poland

It doesn't really matter if Iskander is placed in Kaliningrad or in Petersburg. It can reach Poland from both places. The only difference is that it is harder to shoot it down when it is launched from Kaliningrad, because of small distance to targets. That's why Poland needs a system that would be specially capable of dealing with such dangers. Standard version of Patriot can't deal with it, i guess. Anyways, if Russians tried to attack Poland from territory of Kaliningrad, whole enclave would be removed by artillery in minutes. I think that moving Iskanders to the enclave is rather a political gesture.

Lucky bastard. I got stuck stateside for fucking 10 years, my oconus time was hawaii, which would have been cool and all, if i hadnt already been there 70 times across my childhood. Hawaii is ghetto for those that do not know. My definition of ghetto is me coming from living in downtown LA my entire life, so...

I think you are really overestimating polish artillery capabilities.

>I think you are really overestimating polish artillery capabilities.

Poland just ordered 500 Krab howitzers lately with guided precision ammunition and 200 self-propelled mortars Rak

youtube.com/watch?v=dTV3P0UE23c
youtube.com/watch?v=FG4dv9t-C68
youtube.com/watch?v=SOFE0scCX1o

defence24.pl/szatkowski-krabow-bedzie-ok-500

Moreover, they are in the middle of signing contract for the Homar program. Rocket system based on Himars but modernized. 160 launchers.

defence24.pl/macierewicz-polska-kupi-160-wyrzutni-homar

youtube.com/watch?v=xN0HUNgd-E4

Well, this is a lot of weapons for small european country. And makes even more probable that russians will increase their nuclear strike force in Kaliningrad to counter that.

It is only 2 programs out of dozens of programs of modernisation of Polish army. The country plans to spend 55 bln dollar on new weapon up to 2030: around 5 bln dollar / year. Whole annual budget of Polish army is around 13 bln dollar now.

reuters.com/article/us-poland-military-spending/poland-to-allocate-additional-55-bllion-on-defense-by-2032-deputy-minister-idUSKCN1B31AB

Video about modernisation of Polish army: youtube.com/watch?v=zbQEZlr5E2s

Attached: wydatki-na-modernizacje-wojska_24051889.jpg (625x543, 97K)

>And makes even more probable that russians will increase their nuclear strike force in Kaliningrad to counter that.

In my opinion Poland should have nuclear weapon too. Maybe not ICBMs but tactical nukes for sure.

too bad the patriot system is absolute shit
twitter.com/RealNewsLine/status/978074643616747522
atimes.com/article/patriot-system-good-enough-missile-defense/

Giving nuclear weapons for anyone outside of major powers is always a bad idea. Especially to someone with such political and military history.

>Especially to someone with such political and military history.

Oh so the Germans and the Russians can't rape them?

Poland have NATO protection. This is more than enough.

Fuck those dumb fuckers.

>Giving

They could take it themselves. Poles had a secret nuclear program already in 70s, ordered personall by comrade Gierek, but it was brutally cancelled by soviets who killed their leading scientists in mysterious "car crashes". Their planned nukes were based on innovative technology of using laser for nuclear synthesis.

Poland has quite large center of nuclear research that was modernized and enlarged in 2012, they have also nuclear reactors used for scientific purposes.

Attached: national center of nuclear research.jpg (650x300, 51K)

>Poland have NATO protection.

NATO is a scam, and nobody here trusts the USA, and even less Western Europe

t. Pole

Why do these Polish shitskins not purchase their defence equipment from Russians or the Chinese? Why do they have to procure them from Yanks who are halfway around the world away from them?

Patriot is an overpriced piece of shit. S-400 is much better and S-500 will be vastly better.

Patriot cannot even stop Iranian Scud derivatives that Houthis are shooting.

>S-400 is much better

How many missiles it intercepted in a real warfare and during successful tests? Note that Polish version of Patriot has new interceptors, new command system and new rader, so it doesn't have much to do with standard version.

This. Obese Amerifats literally got outengineered by a country of shitskin subhuman slavshits, and their S-400 system costs a fraction of what the PAC system does.

> Polish shitskin
> purchase their defence equipment from Russians

You must be a Turksmell, aren't you?

No, I'm Norwegian you braindead poleshit.

>Russia doesn't support homosexuals
>military is plagued by a homosexual rape epidemic
Are you sure about that?

> I'm Norwegian

So you are probably a shitskin anyway

>Pooland
>Literally a third world shithole whose socioeconomic metrics and indicators are on par with subsaharan African nations
>Population of retards and subhumans whose entire cultural identity is being Russia's bottom
>calling a Norwegian a shitskin

The absolute state of Polescum delusions.

I am not Polish, dude. Relax. Anyways, the fact is that your country was a third world shithole before you found oil sources, so you have nothing to boast about.

>get so arseranged by my posts that you have to resort to disavowing your Polish nationality just to get me to stop

maximum kek. Why are you Poles so emotionally fragile?

>Anyways, the fact is that your country was a third world shithole before you found oil sources, so you have nothing to boast about.
Everyone's country was an underdeveloped shithole at one point in history so all youve done here is to unwittingly commend Norwegians for our prudent economic and social planning.

What we need explain in here is why Poland is still a shitskin-filled shithole and Norway leads the world in all human development metrics

>What we need explain in here is why Poland is still a shitskin-filled shithole

I am not racist. Your brown colour of skin and 5kg nose don't bother me, seriously. Stop being so insecure.

Even S-200 is enough to shot down American planes.

i think that's more them abusing anything that they can
if they have female conscripts i'm pretty sure they'd have a worse rape epidemic

>outengineered by a country of shitskin subhuman slavshits

Well, Russians make best missiles since a long time.

>Inbred Poolish plumber desperately tries to refer to his Nordic superiors as brown
>Slavs calling anyone else non-white
>The Repooblic of Pooland

This is what spending 18 hours a day inhaling poo fumes while cleaning Britshit toilets does to your brain.

Attached: 1618273133.jpg (1284x980, 389K)

Even Polish-made MANPADs of old generation are enough to shoot down Russian planes. What does it prove?

The 'Grom' has been used by Polish Land Forces since 1995.[3] It is also exported to other countries, including Georgia which bought 30 launchers and 100 missiles in 2007.[3] According to press releases during the Russo-Georgian War, Polish-made GROM missiles targeted Russian planes and helicopters 20 times, 12 missiles were fired out of which 9 hit their targets, and most likely shot down a Su-25.[1]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grom_(missile)

youtube.com/watch?v=bOoViE1h-hc
youtube.com/watch?v=l-V7DnfBPXQ

By the way, Poles developed new gen version of this system lately with 2x bigger range, and ability of shooting down drones and cruise missiles.

armyrecognition.com/polish_missile_vehicles_systems_weapons_poland_uk/piorun_grom-m_manpads_man-portable_air-defense_systems_short-range_missile_technical_data_sheet_pictures_video_12612165.html

Dont you have an altar of Breivik that needs worshiping?

>Why do these Polish shitskins not purchase their defence equipment from Russians or the Chinese? Why do they have to procure them from Yanks who are halfway around the world away from them?

Because Poland is an American vassal state.

We do not feel that anons rambling represent the rest of our populace
-rest of Norway

>What we need explain in here is why Poland is still a shitskin-filled shithole and Norway leads the world in all human development metrics

You norcucks are getting raped by muslims and niggers.

Don't you have a shrine of British poo to attend to?

Attached: 23424231.jpg (646x687, 69K)

Grom is decades newer than S-200.

>You norcucks are getting raped by muslims and niggers.

This means we have something in common with Polish women

Attached: 142348790234.jpg (256x256, 8K)

>This means we have something in common with Polish women

Yes you do. You are effeminate like women or more so.

Here in Poland we still use a modernized version of even older S-125 called "Newa SC", only with better rockets, new electronics and new radars. This system, but in older and shittier version shot down F-117 in Serbia.

youtube.com/watch?v=qVcC3AEItTo

Attached: newa.jpg (708x472, 61K)

as a fellow Norwegian, that would be strange

Kazakhstan has a NATO base? What?

we use an airport to fly cargo jets from. there are ground crews stationed there. it's just a fucking fedex hub painted grey. actually a lot of these 'bases' around the world a little more than logistics hubs for shipping not anything like an actually base. just a hanger and some warehouse space. personal stay at hotels in town half the time with no actual barracks,

>too bad the patriot system is absolute shit

What is really important about this purchase is not Patriot, but IBCS system. Poland will be first country in the world - along with USA - to obtain it, and it would enable Poland to "plug-and-play" with future anti-missile systems that are currently in development: based on laser beam and hypersonic intercepting vehicles.

The Polish government is modernizing its armed forces, and has selected the state-of-the-art Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Battle Command System (IBCS) to serve as the centerpiece of its modernization strategy for air and missile defence capability. The foundation for the U.S. Army’s air and missile defence force, Northrop Grumman’s IBCS will deliver the most advanced and capable C4I system for IAMD in Poland. Our approach to integrating sensors, weapons and command and control (C2) tools is transformational. The truly open-system IBCS developed for the U.S. forces delivers the ultimate sensor and shooter agnostic integrated environment. Operating as the C2 nerve-centre for air and missile defence systems, IBCS also takes the common operating picture to new levels and provides unparalleled flexibility for different operations and future upgrades.

northropgrumman.com/AboutUs/OurGlobalPresence/Europe/Poland/Pages/default.aspx?&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uzVBRDkARIsALkZAdl47FJ9do1Hhg7hO_pNAg0IEmqY4doZco28ofskHmglCZaAYHY4rkMaAoQLEALw_wcB

Attached: 3b519e9bda814c04bc74deed2a3e9bc9.jpg (640x480, 116K)

Tbh whole this post sounds like cheap promotional text.

>Tbh whole this post sounds like cheap promotional text.

youtube.com/watch?v=vtNw8NDP6sM

Support IBCS, Best Missile Defense C2 We’ve Got: Former MDA Tester

The Army’s embattled missile defense network, IBCS, passed a major field test at Yuma Proving Ground in October, contractor Northrop Grumman announced today. In stark contrast to chronic software crashes early on, the command-and-control system accurately tracked everything from drones to helicopters to fighter jets, both Army aircraft and Marine ones. It drew data from Patriot and Sentinel radars that were not designed to work together. And it kept doing this for days all this despite active jamming by a live adversary, the kind of challenge Army Chief of Staff Mark Milley fears existing Army networks may not survive in a high-tech conflict with Russia or China.

The most recent test was the most complex yet. Cued by both Patriot and Sentinel radar, ICBS sent a PAC-2 interceptor against an incoming cruise missile target and a PAC-3 against an incoming ballistic missile. While a low-tier adversary such as Yemen’s Houthi rebels might fire off just one missile at a time, even a mid-tier threat like Iran or North Korea — let alone China or Russia — would likely launch a whole salvo at once to overwhelm missile defenses. That makes multi-target tests particularly important.

Well, I was right.

One promising system — Karako calls it the Army’s “poster boy” and put it on the cover of his report — is the new Multi-Mission Launcher (MML). It’s the first component of the Indirect Fire Protection Capability (IFPC) to shoot down drones, rockets, and artillery shells, which will eventually include other weapons such as lasers as well.

Unlike Patriot, THAAD, and other legacy systems, the MML isn’t being built with its own fire control system and command posts: Instead, it’s being designed from the first to plug into IBCS. Also unlike Patriot, THAAD, et al, the MML isn’t custom-built to accommodate a specific kind of missile. Instead, it’s a general purpose “box ‘o rockets” that has successfully test-fired Stingers, AIM-9X Sidewinders, Longbow Hellfires, Miniature Hit-To-Kill (MHTK) missiles, and Tamirs from the Israel Iron Dome system. In fact, the MML can load different missiles side-by-side at the same time and fire whichever one has the best shot at the current target. (Some Patriot launchers can accommodate different variants of Patriot at the same time, but that’s nothing like MML’s versatility.)

breakingdefense.com/2018/01/missile-defense-vs-china-russia-decentralize-disperse-hide/

yeah but if you're poland, and your main expected adversary will be russia, would you really trust a high-end russian missile system to not have some sort of a backdoor feature for the russians?

The Multi-Mission Launcher, or MML, is a truck-mounted weapon used as part of a Soldier protection system called Integrated Fire Protection Capability - Inc. 2. The system, which uses a Sentinel radar and fire control technology to identify and destroy approaching enemy fire and protect forward-deployed forces. The technology uses a command and control system called Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System, or IBCS.

The MML launcher can rotate 360 degrees and elevate from 0-90 degrees in order to identify and knock out approaching fire from any direction or angle.

"The MML consists of fifteen tubes, each of which can hold either a single large interceptor or multiple smaller interceptors. Developed using an open systems architecture, the launcher will interface to the IBCS Engagement Operations Center to support and coordinate target engagements," an Army statement said.

nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-us-armys-new-missile-launcher-has-super-game-changing-19074

>that pic
>freedom intensifies

T-I-G-E-R-S

Attached: 1522162955945.png (225x225, 7K)

Why Poland always acts like some sort of angsty kid?
>hurr we will make Poland strong
>hurr we will show them this time
>one lost war+occupation later
>n-next time for sure!

Finally! Air defense system of this caliber is a must have for any self respecting European country, especially one that borders Russia.

yeah buying defensive weapons is truly warmongering

>Air defense system of this caliber

What caliber? Ancient, decades old, Soviet missiles can defeat it.

M-I-S-S-I-L-E-S

Wow, Poland congrats, best American vassal confirmed.

Poland will fulfill it's historical destiny of being a disposable speed-bump and throw-away actor to antagonize greater actors.

Attached: 1518739455001.jpg (1000x857, 175K)

>Pollaks get suckered into buying Jew shit instead of developing their own technology and industry

oh lol, perpetual servile nation of people.

Attached: 1519257491666.jpg (600x791, 41K)

So how do you end up with governments that fall for all of the Anglo-Zionist crap?

You people realize you're being used to antagonize Russia?

Look what happened to Ukraine. America stages a coup, installs a junta and a ruinous civil war results.

You want to see this on your soils?

Too long since you had a war I guess?

Attached: 1514037148001.png (680x720, 362K)

>instead of developing their own technology and industry
Poland is incapable of producing training jets and tanks other than t72, do you seriously think that it has potential to develop its own AM system?

LASERS

FUCKING

WHEN

why are people ITT bullying Poles this much?

Lol. For a country that doesn't support homosexuals, it sure has a helluva AIDS problem.

You want the best, you have to buy from the best comrade.

Could be worse. They could be russian. Then they would have an economy on par with Italy, millions of people dying from krocodile, alcoholism, and AIDS, a declining population, and the lowest average male life expectancy outside of Africa!

>the lowest average male life expectancy outside of Africa!

really? What the fuck is wrong with Russia?

It's full of Russians. Just for funsies, go to your search engine of choice and type in "russian children" in the image search. Take a look at the results. Fetal alcohol syndrome pretty much defines the country.

We let Poland get swallowed by the Russians and turned into a shithole.

America owes the bastards.