I was stopped by a cop for speeding. I told him I had a gun in the glove compartment and that I didn't have a ccl...

I was stopped by a cop for speeding. I told him I had a gun in the glove compartment and that I didn't have a ccl. After he took the gun and verified it was mines, he said that it's illegal for it to be in the glove compartment of my car and without a license the only place I could have it was in the trunk. He said he could have me arrested but didn't, anyways I wad pretty fucking damn sure that my 9mm could be in that place without a license. Was the officer right or wrong? FL btw.

Attached: 20180131_075024.jpg (2353x4084, 805K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tallahasseedefense.com/legal-carry-gun-car/
leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.25.html
leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.001.html
youtube.com/watch?v=jRKXa59PdEk
floridafirearmslaw.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hes wrong.
Cops are anti-rights cucks who think only they should have guns because theyre super operators or something like that.

if you don't have a permit it needs to be unloaded and in a locked case

The officer is full of shit. Fuck anti-gun cops.
>tallahasseedefense.com/legal-carry-gun-car/

"securely encased", not locked, and certainly not in a trunk only. See

>cops
>anti gun
Nah senpai. We're anti gang banging. I don't care who has a gun as long as they don't shoot anyone with it.

Know the specifics of your state laws and what is considered concealed carry regarding a vehicle.

in PA at least, if you dont have any paperwork, having a loaded weapon basically anywhere is illegal, glove compartment is considered conceal carry, etc. weapon needs to be unloaded and placed in the vehicle seperate from ammunition.

i'm sure other states' laws nitpick circles around that but if you look it up it's probably very clear cut what is and is not concealed carry in a vehicle

Oh what do you know, a cop doesn’t acfually know what the law is and is a fucking retard.
You can have a gun in your glove box.
Funny how not knowing the law is only an excuse for cops and politicians and the wealthy.

leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.25.html
>(3)LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:
>(l)A person traveling by private conveyance when the weapon is securely encased or in a public conveyance when the weapon is securely encased and not in the person’s manual possession;

leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.001.html
>790.001Definitions.—As used in this chapter, except where the context otherwise requires:
>(17)“Securely encased” means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

Took me a minute to look up. Stop being a lazy faggot, OP.

In Texas iirc cars count as an extension of your home and can be defended as such, bud idk if it works like that in boomerang state.

>dont care as long as you dont shoot anyone with it
Exactly my point, you arent the judge faggot.
By all cops cuck logic, if you have a gun and use it to defend yourself in the same situation a cop would, you will go to prison for nothing while the cop get paid leave and media hero attention.
You guys are pussies who hide behind jew stars and subjugate your fellow people to harsh prison sentences and fines.
You are trash of the highest caliber.

>paid leave and media hero attention
Stop living in the past.

It can't be unlocked and within reach if you don't have a permit.

The concept of needing a permit to carry is a violation of the 2a and is thinly guised gun control. That said, I don't have a problem with it because this law is commonly used to prosecute minorities who shove their gat in the wasteband and drive up murder rates.

Get your permit.

>the present is the past
Look how delusional you cucks are?
And you still wonder why nobody respects you.
>throws flashbang into baby crib
>tazes deaf old woman
>shoots any unarmed person out of spite because they watched BHD too mamy times and think real life is Mogadishu circa 1993
Wew lad.

Attached: 1501162506326.jpg (1409x1598, 291K)

>444
>22
acknowledged.
check your states laws yourself. your laziness is your own problem.
in my state a gun needs to be unloaded and in a case when transporting. it can be anywhere in the vehicle, doesn't have to be the trunk. unloaded, in a case. also required is your dealer providing a lock. it doesnt say at no charge. but the seller must provide a lock.
this shit is all on the world wide web. do an alta-vista or lycos webcrawler search.

Stop living in the past?

The pig who shot the dude in his backyard with a cellhpone is on paid leave right now you fuckin state sucking dickhead. Fuck you.

Dont bother, man. Most people know cops aren't anti gun. This dude is just throwing a fit that he cant do anything he wants and get away with it anymore. Mommy let him do anything and the real world is mean and scary.

Bump.
I want more Anons shitting on asshole cops and for normies to see them as they really are.

Fucking goddamn motherfucking cops gave me a speeding ticket. Fuck those wak ass pasty crusty crakas. I don't need 911 when I got a gun you dumb faggots. Keep eating up my tax dollars to protect the sheep you fucking niggers because I fucking love it. Might as well call me cuckboi mccop guzzle jr. Go fuck yourself kikes

That dude was a piece of shit, didn't deserve to die but was a piece of shit. You anti cop fags sound like wiggers and chicks.

>hur if you dont like licking boots youre city fags and chicks
Idk user, pretty sure theres a LOAD of Americans who arent any of those things who hate cops guts for thinking they are the righteous while murdering innocents over "muh safety" while simultaneously claiming they are fear-proof operators.

Attached: 1501157018734.gif (360x240, 1.83M)

You homos paint yourself into a corner running mouth about cops like that. Call me a bootlicker like an antifa chick would.

Cops and antifa are both bootlickers.
The cops literally were antifas muscle in the early days.
Cops let these methed out faggots march around with AKs pointing them at people and did nothing.
Meanwhile Joe Bob Veteran packs a pistol and prints and you pussy cunts gun him down for no reason.
Eat shit faggot.

Attached: 1500707874891.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

This guy was at parkland

Attached: 15FC0DC3-1ED5-4CFD-8C90-58746C3E259E.jpg (1137x780, 183K)

>you will go to prison
if you live in NY or CA

in every other state, as long as the intent was clear self defense, you're fine

>Funny how not knowing the law is only an excuse for cops and politicians and the wealthy
Im stealing this quote. And you cant stop me

Attached: undocumented.jpg (626x484, 32K)

Look up Texas for me. Im lazy and I have been wearing google out over gun related shit.

Attached: images.jpg (183x275, 9K)

That pic is hilarious

>live in TX
>have a pistol stolen
>report it to cops
>4 years later
>hey user we found your gun the month after you reported it and never let you know till 4 years later after it was (((destroyed aka fast and furioused))) by us and no we will not pay you back for our total criminal negligence
Eat shit fucklord cop.
Even in TX if they can keep you from your guns, they will.
I would sue but I dont see the point in spending 5000+ in lawyer fees over a 600 handgun.

Attached: 1501050197294.png (600x319, 263K)

I was stopped in Fl before I had my ccl and I told the cop I had a gun under the seat. He took it out, looked at it, asked if it was loaded. I told him it had a full mag, but none in the chamber. He told me I should keep one in the chamber and let me go.

You should know the law before you do something, OP.

Also, how did you come to the conclusion that something good would come to you by volunteering such information?

Lol. He was a piece of shit for minding his own buisness and being a nigger, lets kill him!

Do you understand how fucking retarded you sound? And you Pro cop twats sound like a bunch of boot licking soccer moms. Fuck you just as equally.

He's a stupid faggot, probably new to the job or just tarded. slim possibility he's just antigun and fucking with you.

Surprising how ignorant of the law cops can be. Got pulled over while armed once, around 8 months after my state passed permitless CCW and the officer felt it necessary to make a huge deal out of how it was legal to have a firearm in my car but that carrying outside it was a felony. I just nodded and acted like he was right and i was apprised of the law. My number one fear while carrying is that ill get assaulted or drawn on by a twitchy ignorant cop for printing or something. Which would be funny if i didn't get shot, considering stopping somebody for carrying a weapon is explicitly illegal.

***depends on your state laws***

Then sue them for the gun AND legal fees

>My number one fear while carrying is that ill get assaulted or drawn on by a twitchy ignorant cop for printing or something

Start wearing Kevlar.

this

Dude, you're being ignorant and misunderstand what cops are about.
I dont care who has guns, more power to them.
Its easier to protect an armed populace than an unarmed one.
As for OP, i wonder if he has a felony on his record or not..

Don’t need a lawyer to sue. Stop spreading this bs.

Youre right ill just fight a liberal courted fuckworld out of my own pocket.
Get real faggot, my court fees would go far beyond my savings.

Good thing as a cop, my court fees get paid by your tax dollars faggot, cry harder.

>not telling the cop you have a gun in the place where your vehicle info is at
it's like you're asking to get shot for no reason

Unironically been considering this in the colder months. level 2 vests are real low profile these days. after all, guns are typically just a round about way of keeping your insides on the inside.

>keeping your vehicle info in a closed and out of sight container instead of in plain sight
>"he was reaching for something and i thought it was a gun"
it's like you're asking to get shot for no reason

>cop doesn't take the gun or write the user any ticket / take him in for it, just tells him to make sure it's properly stored next time
Yes the cop was wrong but he thought that OP was storing a firearm illegally and let it slide how are you guys saying he's anti gun?
If anything it sounds like the cop in question is pro gun and, having not understood the laws, just doesn't want an anti gun cop to take OP's gun away.

Attached: 1516611930185.png (310x302, 44K)

>As for OP, i wonder if he has a felony on his record or not..
You are a fucking idiot

The cop was wrong, it is not illegal

Cops don't law.

I just said he was wrong.
But even though he was wrong, he thought it was illegal and did nothing

Like imagine if you were conceal carrying in a state without a conceal carry permit on you because you forgot it at home and the cop didn't take your gun or charge you, just remind you to keep your permit on you. It would be like that.

OP just seems butthurt about getting a speeding ticket because he didn't get in trouble for the gun whatsoever.

depends on what state you're in.

This tbqfh

How did any of that even seem like butthurt?

>telling cops you’re packing
I don’t even have to tell them if they ask

Don't tell cops you're carrying
Put both hands on the steering wheel and extend your fingers

They will both
1. Assume you have a gun on you but have no intention of killing them
2. Figure you're either a cop / military / friend of a cop

Extended fingers on the steering wheel is basically the sign for "I'm carrying" by cops to other cops

>soy beta lashes out

Attached: 1521426062320.jpg (600x486, 34K)

Are you 18 or older? Cop is of course wrong! See attached. Find this Fla. Statute online, print it out, and keep it in your glove box with your NON-carry-permitted loaded gun!

Attached: IMG_2462.jpg (3264x2448, 1.25M)

depends on the state, typically a loaded handgun within easy reach in a car counts as a concealed weapon for which you need a permit

Yes
Handgunlaw.us FFS

Lol, not in my city. Especially when the people are hired for diversity quotas.

Imagine being this proud of being a politicians bitchboy, only to end up getting shot by a nigger
>"heh, at least I got to screw Chad over! That'll teach him for being a successful member of society!"

>subjugate your fellow people to harsh prison sentences and fines.

Cops don’t make laws.

>if you live in NY or CA

Maybe NY, CA actually has pretty good SD/HD laws. Castle Doctrine, SYG, even fleeing felon.

In Texas anyone who can legally own a gun carry a handgun in their car without a LTC but it has to be concealed. You can have a rifle out in the open though.

Cops also don’t prosecute lawbreakers.

no idea what it's like in florida, but castle doctrine still applies to your vehicle from what i've heard. So you should have been good.

Even with dubs I remain skeptical.

Op was just wanted clarification. I agree with you on the cop but the only one sounding butthurt here is you.

Who is currently actively enforcing gun laws?
Who is currently actively seizing firearms for X reason because "iss the law"?
Who is currently pissing themselves because citizens carry guns?
Who will actively shoot you if you go to your pocket while not threatening anyone?
Who actively "fears for their lives" and mag dump when a regular citizen nonchalantly reaches on their person?
Who is always on edge because "he mite hab gunz" even tho they swore to uphold the constitution where it says thats I have the right to bear a recreational McNuke™?

muh thin blue line

>As for OP, i wonder if he has a felony on his record or not..
Which is the attitude that gets cops in trouble, when their "wonder" instantly turns into detention, investigation and affirmative confrontation. Your "wonder" shouldn't be the basis for that.

>Who actively "fears for their lives" and mag dump when a regular citizen nonchalantly reaches on their person?
>regular citizen
You misspelled nigger but your point still stands

>He said he could have me arrested but didn't
Seems totally legit

This

>be me
>pulled over for headlight that has been put for the last two days
>cop shines his light through my door
>"just a heads up, head light is out. Just gunna print you put a warning saying why i pulled you over
>thanks for letting me know
>"hey, you a shooter? What kinda guns you have?"
>uhh, yeah. I have an ar, a shotgun, all kinds of fun stuff
>"oh nice, you shoot skeet?"
>just clays now and then, just for fun
>"right on, you have a good night"
Never nervous, never even touched his holster, friendly the whole time. Gee, its almost not like being a fucking sperg means people will be nice to you.

Why did you mention it, for one. And was it loaded? I'm willing to bet it was in which case you're a dumbass.

Reminder that cops aren't lawyers or sevurity guards but law enforcers. They know basic laws but even the average citizen doesn't know shit compared to them. Everyone's a lawyer until they get slapped with charge they didn't see coming because they thought they were in the right.

Considering the last time I had to use my pistol, I got a Glock shoved in my chest, fuck off statist cuck.

Nigra, you dumb.

That's Tennessee you're talking about, not Texas.

>Don't tell cops you're carrying
In Ohio a CHL not announcing you're carrying as pretty much the first words out of your mouth during a stop is a crime in itself.

>nonchalantly
He wuz a gudboi dindu nuffin wrang.
youtube.com/watch?v=jRKXa59PdEk

>shot him with a cellphone
Did he use a slingshot?

Eat shit and die pig faggot

Attached: signal-2018-02-25-004252.jpg (720x480, 25K)

When the day of the rope comes you zogbots will be the first to hang.

And again, that’s an excuse for the police but not civilians, at least if you’re not a politician or exceptionally wealthy. Also, if you’re enforcing a law you should fucking know what the law is. Not my fault they hire literal retards and make it policy not to hire someone over a certain iq.

Buy and read this book to learn everything about guns/defensive gun uses under FL law.

floridafirearmslaw.com/

Yes you can have a loaded pistol in your glovebox without a ccw.

You're lucky he did not arrest you and took your gun away dumbass.

Why did you tell him about the gun? Are you retarded?

>telling a cop you have a gun in your car for absolutely no reason when he would have just given you a ticket and let you go within ten minutes or less

Attached: 1519951934414.gif (222x330, 545K)

did he do anything wrong?

Attached: wp-1468207635741.jpg (223x280, 22K)

Some states are duty to inform my man.

Reminder to Jow Forums that gun control laws wouldn't be a concern, if cops were truly "pro-gun". If they were, they'd ignore the laws and let you continue as you were. The very fact that you worry for gun control reveals your (justified) deep suspicion that cops will enforce the law, good little myrmidons they are. The police aren't pro-gun, and they definitely aren't your friends. The day a new gun control law goes into effect is the day they either quit the force, or reveal just how far (not at all) they're willing to go for their supposed "pro-gun" beliefs.

>I told him

Stopped reading right there. You fucked up.

Attached: dave chappelle-fif, fifth amendment, indictment versus arrest.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

As has been stated before, in FL you could pretty much have a full mag with one in the chamber in a shoebox on the passenger seat next to you and it’s legal

>shoebox
where can i get a tactical shoebox?

Right next to the tactical Tupperware

I've had multiple run ins with LEOs over my life. The SW is the best spot for decent LEOs but they can be assholes everywhere. Keep in mind LEOs are normal people, theres nice people, mean people, and people who are dumb enough to owe 30 grand to Citi bank in Credit Card debt at 29.99 APR but for some reason are considered intelligent enough by the state to have the ability to enforce the law.

Those who cant remember to pay thier minimum due by the 5th of each month are expected to remember legal regulations. Seems pants on head retarded to me.

>>inb4 criminal

I have had one parking ticket in my life. Been pulled over dozens of times because the rental my firm provided for me "looked suspicious"

In California, he's right.
Laws vary from state to state, but in California guns need to be in a locked compartment that is not either your glove compartment or your console.

This is correct

Wrong

heck off government