Airborne Atomic Waste

World War 3 has started, and its as bad as everyone feared. You look out your window and you see this white fluffy shit falling all round your house. What do you do?

>HINT: Its not snow.

Attached: images-1.jpg (251x201, 6K)

If the airborne contaminate is that bad you're worrying about far more than inhaling it at that point.

"MOPP 4 MOPP 4"

>Do hand signal for CBRN
>Everyone dons MOPP 4
>Get to decontaminate facility
>Prepare to gat goddless russians

Attached: 4576dbb6fa507f2e79b4.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

>What do you do?

Die.

Most preppers are aware of this contingency, and still make peace with things that are out of their control.

The best thing you can do is not live in a city that has a likelihood of getting nuked in a global war scenario.

tape windows shut, let all the sinks, bottles, pots and tubs run full with water and hope it's not as bad as it looks

Nothing you CAN do. Shit is the definition of volatile and inescapable.
>source: Enewetak

Make a "not snow"-man.

Walk outside and fall to the snow and pray for forgiveness before dying. If that doesn't kill me, call my mother one last time to tell her how much I love her and how I'm sorry for all those awful years she had to put up with me. Then call my father to say sorry for being such an awful waste of money and a shitty son and tell him to care for my half-brother better than me or any of my 8 siblings. Then I'll say down and maybe hum a tune as the radiation takes me. Die with a smile on my face, unafraid of death

Run around screaming "ANUU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE" and drink absurd amounts of vodka

Get out of here, stalker

How about "not snow"-cones?

Aren't ya kinda fucked? I don't think that's survivable without a sealed bunker with air scrubbers.

Not immediately. You'd have time to travel some distance in a car or seek shelter/supplies

Don't eat the yellow "not snow"

That's quitter talk

I guess you've got two options if you're surrounded by fallout. Grab your gear and drive until the sky is clear or stick around until your skin sloughs off. I'll pick the former. Bundle up in thick clothes and cover myself in trash bags, tie a rag around my face because I don't have a gas mask, and try to acquire as much iodine as I can find because I'm gonna be fighting radiation sickness hard. I guess this is as good a time as ever to finally wear my duster I avoided wearing because lol autism. Gonna sling my SBR under there, too. I'm headed for where the jetstream cuts a clear valley.

Attached: 1516518571964.jpg (720x960, 80K)

Kill myself.

wouldnt the jetstream just keep pulling in more fallout?

Snort it and get cancer like user suggested.

Try and get on the other side of a mountain so radiation falls in a slower rate then try to set up long term shelter there

I mean it looks like cocaine, wouldn't hurt to try

ALARM RED, MOPP LEVEL 4, ALARM RED, MOPP LEVEL 4, AIR ATTACK TAKE COVER

Attached: 1484255336131.gif (500x350, 1.26M)

If it's that bad, you've already taken a fatal dose by the time you've noticed it. A couple more hours and you'll be insensate with radiation poisoning. You'll be dead in a day or two.

>drink, eat something nice, read something meaningful, listen to my favorite songs, put a bullet in my head

Stop this clowning around at once. The stuff you can see shouldn't worry you, that is easily filtered. The stuff you can't see, that's the nasty stuff because it gets into your system far more readily causing much worse damage.

Decent advice

Very bad advice, you will die incredibly slowly and in an incredible, indescribable amount of pain, better to just off yourself after your final phone calls.

Rev up those makarovs and sawn offs

Maybe. I want to go to some valley that is avoided by weather patterns.

Why don't you make those phone calls right now? Why wait til youre about to die to patch things up with your folks?

Same as all the literature says to do. Unless I can get somewhere I somehow know is out of the fallout range or with better protection in about 15mins I seal off doors and windows, get to the basement, construct a shelter in the center of the room with the water heater one side and waterbuckets as the other walls and ceiling (our basement is entirely below ground). Add in the bags of cement we have and anything else massive. In 7 hours, the radiation level with be 1/10th of what it was. In 2 days, 1/100th.
Fallout is dangerous, but its not un-survivable.
You might be to young to remember the 7/10 factor rule but thats one of the worst things to do. Depending on how long it takes you to get out and how thick its falling, it'll be your skin sloughing off, not those sheltering in place. Fallout has a pretty quick half life, and your car is not good protection.

Well, I fill up my bathtub full of fresh water while I can. Don a mask, move everything to the basement, use my ham to see if there is any news, kill my pets. Its a start.

Attached: 27973150_206302919950907_4366472846908508747_n.jpg (583x422, 51K)

I live near a major metropolitan city, and pretty close to another major metropolitan city, so if I'm not dead from the nuke, I am going to be stuck in traffic if I try to go anywhere. I've likely slept through the period of time I have to react and I've already been exposed to too much radiation to survive, so I guess I will just prepare to die.

Build a fucking snowman anyway because yolo

>Itt. people underestimating how horrible a death due to radiation sickness is
I'd rather shoot myself than die like that.

>HINT: Its not snow.
Then what it is? It can't be that "airborne atomic waste" since it's more or less invisible.

> Take iodine tabs
>eat oz of shroomz
>half mask respirator
>trash bag and duct tape mop suit
>bug out bag and ak
>ponder ones mortality as skin melts off

Ash that has been mixed with raidoactive particulate.

>You look out your window and you see this white fluffy shit falling all round your house. What do you do?
Since I live in Colorado I'd probably assume it was snow at first, anyway I'd get my wife and kid to the storm shelter me and my father built and make sure the seals and filtration was functioning then probably have to go report for NG duty.

Chalk up a few lines of the stuff, shit post all over the internet while snorting ash, kill myself when the pain becomes too much.

If you have a house then stay inside and block all ventilation to prevent the shit from getting inside, if you have a gas mask or even a dust mask now is the time to wear it. Primary hazard of fallout is inhaling it or ingesting it in contaminated food and drink. If you are outdoors then put on your rainclothes or something like that, remove the top soil from around your campsite and do your best to get the dust off of your tent and other things, once you are done get rid of the raincoat/other overcoat you were wearing during the decontamination