Studies on firearms

I've browsed Jow Forums for quite some time now and will always run into an info-graphic or two. As helpful as they might seem I'm more interested in seeing a robust, peer reviewed study that supports the ideas that firearms are a benefit to society.

Can any of you help me out? Much appreciated.

Attached: 1473493783786.png (1587x2245, 801K)

Other urls found in this thread:

papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1369783
crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Concealed-Carry-Permit-Holders-Across-the-United-States.pdf
crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/CPRC-Mass-Shooting-Analysis-Bloomberg2.pdf
crimeresearch.org/2016/07/new-study-14-5-million-concealed-handgun-permits-last-year-saw-largest-increase-ever-number-permits/?
crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/
ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-4.xls
scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6853&context=jclc
msnbc.com/msnbc/counterpoint-rape-survivor-argues-why-we-need-guns-campus
pewsocialtrends.org/2017/06/22/the-demographics-of-gun-ownership/
washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/04/20/guns-on-university-campuses-the-colorado-experience/?utm_term=.69ccb835da93
law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
docs.google.com/document/d/1TkwYVccFOntXQyDrvfZAy2uSmXJ_HJSs_ba-xIqxNJk/edit?usp=sharing
justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp
nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1#x
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anti gunners do not care about facts, only feelings. It is a waste of your time.

I remember when we made this poster. Were you OP?

I don't think this is true. There are those that aren't capable of being convinced but there are plenty more reasonable folks out there.

Anyway, this thread isn't really for those people. I just want to see some studies first hand to back up a lot of the claims that I happen to make.

No, but I was there for when those threads were happening. Good times eh?

>there are plenty more reasonable folks out there.
Yeah, and they're not pro- or anti- anything they don't understand, because they're reasonable. Antigunners are either unreasonable or malevolent, there is no argument that can persuade them.

Attached: 1518488812210.jpg (906x507, 122K)

SHALL

Yeah

OP of that thread. Here was the final one I printed off and distributed because it is my school colors.

Attached: 11in x 17in.png (1056x1632, 531K)

What state is this for

Here are some good sources:
>Connecticut Law Review, Pretend 'Gun-Free' School Zones: A Deadly Legal Fiction
papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1369783
>Crime Prevention Research Center, Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States
crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Concealed-Carry-Permit-Holders-Across-the-United-States.pdf
>Crime Prevention Research Center, The Myths about Mass Public Shootings: Analysis
crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/CPRC-Mass-Shooting-Analysis-Bloomberg2.pdf
>Crime Prevention Research Center, New Study: Over 14.5 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in the number of permits
crimeresearch.org/2016/07/new-study-14-5-million-concealed-handgun-permits-last-year-saw-largest-increase-ever-number-permits/?
>Crime Prevention Research Center, UPDATED: Comparing Death Rates from Mass Public Shootings and Mass Public Violence in the US and Europe
crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/
>FBI, Expanded Homicide Data Table 4
ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-4.xls
>Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun
scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6853&context=jclc
>MSNBC, Counterpoint: A rape survivor argues why we need guns on campus
msnbc.com/msnbc/counterpoint-rape-survivor-argues-why-we-need-guns-campus
>Pew Research Center, The demographics of gun ownership
pewsocialtrends.org/2017/06/22/the-demographics-of-gun-ownership/
>The Washington Post, Guns on university campuses: The Colorado experience
washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/04/20/guns-on-university-campuses-the-colorado-experience/?utm_term=.69ccb835da93

Jow Forumsansas. We passed constitutional carry a few years ago, and it finally hit college campuses last summer.

What's up, k state user.

law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

Attached: Capture2.png (429x380, 71K)

Good on you. Praying Colorado gets it soon desu.

Answers for Antis:
docs.google.com/document/d/1TkwYVccFOntXQyDrvfZAy2uSmXJ_HJSs_ba-xIqxNJk/edit?usp=sharing

Nothing much. Printing a version of this:
in the school paper on Friday.

>firearms are a benefit to society.
Pretty dependent on the makeup of your society desu, can be argued either way at this point

Attached: 1508124579972.png (597x441, 24K)

What's wrong with blacks killing each other?

It isn't ethnic cleansing if they're the ones doing the killing.

IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE POOR

Jk, equally poor whites don't commit crime at that rate. It's because they're low iq monkeys. It's because their women are sluts that breed with dead beats, so the children grow up without dad's. And their culture worships thugs and frowns on actual success

Whoops I misunderstood. Yeah there's nothing wrong with the trash taking itself out

Pretty good metasource for BTFOing many gun control arguments

justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

The book “More Guns, Less Crime” by John Lott is made up of his studies which made it through peer review. It’s awesome.

Very good. Glad to see there is some good support for the 2nd amendment on campus. You might want to add that privately own battleships were very common during the writing of the amendment, and the fact that the CDC estimates 500,000 to 3 million uses of firearms in self defense and only 300,000 uses of firearms in violent crimes so its clear that taking guns away would cause more crime in the US.

The paper already talks about gun free zones some, but I always like to bring up the fact that enforcing a gun free zone on campus is literally impossible unless you have guards and metal detectors stationed at the entrances of every building which is obviously too expensive to ever happen. The only difference is people have a false sense of security.

Yeah. The cost is obviously a factor, but practical monetary concerns won't convince them that making campuses gun free is a bad idea. You have to use appeals to emotion like female students getting raped or sexually assaulted because they are defenseless.

Attached: 1_Oq3mDeCzQALUYR-74Pxcyw.png (910x660, 37K)

Attached: 1_zKChnB3xUl75mXoN1HPAMQ.png (910x661, 35K)

Not to get off topic, but I tried to keep the issue afloat over at Jow Forums where that other thread was moved from Jow Forums, and, well, it fell on dead ears there.

We need a "Gun Politics Containment Thread" just like the "AR Containment Thread" here on Jow Forums, or else we'll keep getting political threads when we just wanna talk about boomsticks here (although the laws relate to that, thus this suggestion).

May we thusly do?

>one single gun politics general thread on Jow Forums at any given time when?

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-29 pol - Don't Slide On Me - Politically Incorrect - 4chan.png (1352x1081, 209K)

Honestly I would challenge the idea that firearms must be beneficial to society by some empirical standpoint, you shouldn't have to have a reason for the right to own something, the government should have a reason to take it away.

Look at the survey conducted by the CDC under Obama, I believe it reported at least 60,000 defensive use of firearms per year (this is the lowest estimate).

Attached: 1_DYEWVlxGEzMwTNqGFJSLuw.png (910x661, 41K)

>^original thread which my thread referred to
Yeah, it totally got sent by the mods to Jow Forums to die. Just sayin', it looks like we need *one* gun politics thread on Jow Forums at all times, much like the ar general & brg threads, because these are all topics which we are very vocal and care to talk about here.

>plz

Attached: 1521499122561.jpg (900x607, 29K)

Attached: 1_qkttu1NCvSeoKv824G02pw.png (910x661, 33K)

>IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE POOR
wow racist wtf dude I bet rich blacks don't commi--

Attached: sep_hm_by_per_capita_income.png (761x689, 102K)

I just had a look at it again, it actually reports between 500,000 and 3 million.

Fuck off back to r/guns queer we can talk about politics as much as we like here.

can you link it senpai? I wanna use it for a debate next week.

nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1#x
gotchu senpai

appreciate it senpai

Attached: 1453953636543.jpg (550x676, 70K)

>Fuck off back to r/guns queer we can talk about politics as much as we like here.
Literally read the sticky, this isn't 2013 anymore

Yeah but that rule is gay and unconstitutional.

unironically a shit study, don't have to be a gun grabber to see the various issues relating to unreliable county level data and rural state(pro CCW) vs more urban state(negative CCW) issues seriously confounding his results if not rendering them meaningless.