Convince me NOT to buy this?

Building an AR.

Consider the Durabolt Black BCG from F1.

It seems like this would be great for optimum reliability.

Is it a meme?

Any genuine reason I should buy another BCG over this one that isn't $/cost related?

Attached: TRX_F1_5660__37081.1456937627.380.500.jpg (380x253, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGNIBBDG
deltateamtactical.com/Fail-Zero-M16-AR-15-Nickel-Boron-M16-Bolt-Carrier-Group-BCG-NIB-Limited-Time-Price_p_4325.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks cool I guess. I would love to see it in electric blue.
IDK why these designer companies still use carpenter 158 alloy for the bolt head. that shit's old hat.

even the shittiest phosphate or parkerized BCG function reliably. if you want something nice for the price, get a NiB BCG. if you want gucci-tier, get a cryptic coating BCG

I got AIM's brand. I defy anyone to tell me why a different one would have been better.

aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGNIBBDG

the only way anything would've been better is if it was cheaper

>I got AIM's brand. I defy anyone to tell me why a different one would have been better.
Has the steel debate been settled? I went for a 158 bolt.

Please don't.

Why not get a Toolcraft for $80?

I don't know what you mean. I've been to the range once with it. Put 160 rounds through it, mostly to build up carbon under the gas ring and make sure it'll stay put. When I went to clean it, the cam seems like kind of a snug fit, little tighter than I'm used to, but everything looked just fine.

Carpenter 158 is the military spec steel for AR bolts. Carrier steel is usually always 8620. Most top-tier bolts are 158 and 'standard' bolts are 9310. This is usually because 9310 is easier to source and manufacture over 158 which is a proprietary steel to Carpenter.

I see. Thank you for explaining. 9310 has never had any issue that I am aware of but I'm sure there will always be a better steel out there. People still argue about tool steel vs. stainless vs powder extruded whatever steels for pocket knives. I doubt those debates will ever end.
Would there ever be any perceptible difference betwee 9310 and 158 though even if one were much better?

Are you the fag with the electric blue SCAR? How does your ass survive so much dick going into it?

can anyone tell me what makes the BCM bolt carrier groups special compared to say a mil-spec or aim surplus bolt?

Fail Zero's are better and they are only $125
deltateamtactical.com/Fail-Zero-M16-AR-15-Nickel-Boron-M16-Bolt-Carrier-Group-BCG-NIB-Limited-Time-Price_p_4325.html

>old hat
Not an argument.
What is wrong with the Durabolt Black?
>Nib
>.5 friction coefficient
>durabolt black
>.02 friction coefficient

>gucci/cryptic
It says their comparable coating (mystic black) is out of stock.

Why not?

Let's not flame.
There's /b/ for that.

BCMs are chromed on the inside, idk if everybody else does that.

Milspec is the bare minimum, shittiest tolerances btw. Don't hold it out there like it is a high standard.

>Flame.

I looked upon you and saw the dawn of the internet, and Usenet. Hello my brudda. I spit on you.

>Let's not flame.
>There's /b/ for that.
holy fuck reddit, go and stay go, no part of Jow Forums is a hugbox

yeah I wasn't implying that mil-spec was a gold standard. but say compared to the bcm and a EXO treated bcg like the ones sold by aim or failzero, which would be the better quality.

I have a failzero and it is fantastic and am considering either buying another or going the bcm route... if they are better

Attached: 1518836486029.jpg (700x642, 84K)

Coatings are memes.

How do you know it is fantastic? What metrics are you looking at here? Is the fit really good? Or is it just shiny and you like shiny things like some kind of birb?

>Would there ever be any perceptible difference betwee 9310 and 158 though even if one were much better?
You would have to do some extreme operating(i.e. fight for your life full-auto fire) to ever have to worry about it. I bought 158 cuz I got it for like $120 shipped(black friday sale). I wouldn't hate on a 9310 bolt. Besides, a bolt can break no matter what steel its made from, so buy a spare complete bolt for SHTF anyway. As long as your carrier gas key doesn't get loose, you'll be golden.

Attached: magpulboltingrip.jpg (3000x2250, 544K)

>better
Why are they better?

the fit seems pretty good, but mainly its way easier to clean. cycling feels smoother and the entire bolt surface itself seems to feel smooth and slick to the touch unlike say a generic BCG

Is this a productive use of your time?
Is there some positive psychological feedback from this type of communication?

Explain why?

LMT Enhanced BCG is the best BCG tested.

There was very little difference between other branded BCGs.

Attached: LMT_Enhanced_BCG_L7Q3_parts.jpg (1280x1280, 88K)

>LMT Enhanced BCG is the best BCG tested.
ONLY FOR CARBINE LENGTH GAS SYSTEMS.

Otherwise the bolt is top notch for every carrier.

Speaking as a person who once fell for the nickel boron mene, I only trust milspec parkarized BCGs with Carpenter 158 bolts.

>Does the rifle function reliably without it?
if yes delete
if no retain

Occam’s Razor

>Milspec is the bare minimum, shittiest tolerances btw. Don't hold it out there like it is a high standard.
i don't think anyone is making that claim. milspec ain't great, but it runs and runs fairly consistently if you keep your gun regularly cleaned/maintained

I will add, there was also very little difference between the enhanced BCG and other BCGs. For private use there is no point spending large amounts on a BCG when ultimate reliability is determined by the user properly lubricating and maintaining the working parts or their rifle.

Attached: L7Q3.png (1207x324, 437K)

>Milspec is the bare minimum, shittiest tolerances
Not the case when comes to the bolt and carrier. What proof do you have that there are better tolerances of aftermarket bolts? The only improvements are memes of coatings that can wipe clean instead of taking a spend casing to remove carbon buildup. LMT redesigned the bolt and cam pin. That was the most advanced they could make a bolt. Otherwise its 158/8620/Chrome lined/Manganese phosphate finish.