Does prepping autism belong more on Jow Forums or /out/

Does prepping autism belong more on Jow Forums or /out/

Attached: Doomsday Prepper Crying.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MDV010lTwcc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. It's not autism. It's just common sense.
2. It belongs on both.

>1. It's not autism. It's just common sense.
A lot of people don't have common sense.
You see a lot of manchildren in the hobby talking about SHTF and running around with a Load Bearing Harness / Battle Belt setup and patches all over everything. When in reality, you're asking to get shot doing shit like that.

Attached: 0534A5C4-6906-4F42-A33B-8A3B97AD96B6.jpg (225x225, 19K)

Thats the thing, Ive noticed, everyone has such weapon heavy kits but not plans for food, not survival craft skills, little to no personal first aid skills, and no backpacking skills

People have bug out bags but not the right stuff

Most people don't have work gloves with them. This user will not be trying to survive while getting blisters.

Actually learned to carry gloves 24/7 while working as a sawyer, carry a pair of PIG gloves in the pack I always carry

Most of us realize if we have to resort to bug out bags then the world will be absolute shit. You can stick it out and deal with the hunger, disease, uncertainty, loss of loved ones, etc. If you were born into those sort of conditions then it wouldn't seem so bad since everything is relative, but going from what we have now to that? Yeah, you can have it. The cities will fall apart, any game in the countryside will disappear and we'll cut down all the trees in the first winter to use them as fuel. Anyone left alive will simply be lording over the ashes of what once was. You can have it. I have my guns simply because I want to take as many commies with me as possible. I have a couple months worth of food simply because it's the prudent thing to do. If the world requires me to have more than that then fuck it, I don't want to stick around and see how bad things get.

Why he crying?

Where would one even get those skills if they don't know anyone personally who has those?
Are there classes and things like that or is it a mixture of books/video guides and DIY?

OP YOU BEAUTIFUL PERSON

That one is the best episode ever

Attached: Steve_Vanasse.jpg (1870x953, 130K)

He jizzed in the brownies, he's Jow Forums for sure.

Attached: Steve_Vanasse3.jpg (1898x1026, 129K)

Bro you'll cry shtf when some obese user comes to your rescue magdumping a 7" 5.56 AR right next to your face

His friend blew his ear drum out by shooting next to his head inside an enclosed deer blind. He cries like a bitch.

they were showing off their combat drills and the guy in black fired a rifle near him and temporarily deafened him

it is a great show, and that episode is the tits

Attached: Steve_Vanasse2.jpg (1905x1005, 146K)

He was wearing hearing protection too. Should have doubled up

shoot with your ring finger kid, if you wanna ring dem bells

Bugging in =/= bugging out. If it’s gotten to the point of bugging out, I’m shooting every motherfucker I see and taking his shit.

On this same topic why are so many "survivalists" fat? I mean they think they'll survive the end of the world but I don't think they're going to survive to see 50.

What episode was it?

If they have water and electrolytes/water soluble vitamins, they could potentially survive off of their own fat for a year

Unless the heart disease, diabetes, or just not being able to stay mobile once the fuels gone (a shockingly short time frame by the way) kills them first.

s02e04

youtube.com/watch?v=MDV010lTwcc

Attached: Hurr.jpg (626x582, 46K)

I agree man. What's the point to live past the peak of humanity? at least the peak I will see in my lifetime. If it gets so bad that in America we're eating our pets... Nah. Good game everyone. I'm out. And I too will take as many commies with me as I can.

I just fill my bags with stuff I think I'd maybe need for a few days. It's just normal stuff. With some food and water. Most of the BOB threads are just about showing off some tacticool shit people got and are never going to use. It's like when people say the best gun is the one you'll carry around with you rather than the one you leave at home. I don't know why people bother putting these types of bags together if they're never going to carry it around with them.
>ruh roh shaggy shtf better go home and get my bug out bag to bug out

Prepping belongs on Jow Forums, because it's done by clueless paranoids, and mainly focuses on hoarding an odd collection of supplies.

/out/ is for backpacking, which is what a bug out bag would look like if it was designed by someone that had ever actually gone innawoods, something no one calling themselves a "prepper" ever has done.

36:51 for crying and puking prepper

>I don't want to stick around and see how bad things get.

In some parts of the world they wouldn't even notice anything has changed, the same places you guys have been trying to bring into the modern world, it can't be that bad can it? tribal fighting, cattle stealing, revenge killings, dying from an ingrown toenail. say la veeeeee dawg, kay sarah sarah

Attached: idiots.jpg (720x960, 48K)

>Ive noticed, everyone has such weapon heavy kits but not plans for food
Because their plan is to be bandits.

those life straws are pretty great, i'd probably get one of those.

but the people who make threads about;
>what is your primary
>what is your secondary

what the fuck are they on about?

This

Lifestraws are retarded garbage. The idea of sucking water straight from a ditch is retarded, and the filter is garbage.

Get a Sawyer Squeeze and run it as a squeeze or gravity system. Buy some fittings so you can rig the filter outlet directly to the hose on your hydration bladder. Ignore their marketing to hipsters, the only reason to be carrying around unfiltered water running an in-line filter on demand is if your dirty water bag is punctured.

Thanks!

user, I will gun you down.

All of that stuff is normal. It's not relatively less worse. It sucks just as much now as it would any other time.
I probably wouldn't use one because like the other guy said, I can't see myself drinking straight out of some random puddle of water.
Generally I don't really put too much hiking stuff in mine, the principle to me is just what I think I'd need for 1-3 days if I didn't feel like going home. I don't see myself randomly just going off into the woods or something even if shtf so I just put regular every day stuff in there, maybe some hygiene stuff or a change of clothes. Would be kind of pointless to put something like a hammock in there because when would I ever use it? Even if I bugged out it'd be to go check on people I care about like family or friends. I mean even if the world ended today I don't see water filtrating stuff really being useful in the next 3 days in the spot I live in. There are convenient stores full of water, it's few days after a problem happened that it'd be useful to have that stuff if logistics got fucked up and delivery trucks stop shipping things. Might be different for people that live out in the sticks to begin with.

Is that the fucking Chinese AR from Fallout?

>SHTF
>every store hasn't been stripped of food and drink inside of the first day

>In the haze i saw them, their round figures emerging from the dust,
>their bodies loaded with molle straps, pouches on pouches
>with the soft green glow of phosphorous illuminating their beady eyes.
>In their hands they had weapons, or what may have been once,
>the accessories that adorned them made them front heavy, and they struggled to lift them above what they called 'loreddy'.
>Only two of them, their torch light traced figure eights on the asphalt in front of them as they waddled toward us
>There were two of us in the sentry post made from corrugated iron and 'playcarriers' harvested over the months.
>The entire post blended into the surrounding debris, with only a narrow slit to fire from,
>they could walk within 10 feet of us and not seen us, but they might, and more would come if they gave away our position by firing
>"Don't hit their bellies, it'll make them taste weird" I whispered, readying my suppressed 22
>"Not the chest either, we can trade those playcarriers with the airsoft tribe.", Jed retorted,
>"This ain't my first rodeo", I said, tapping the playcarriers we were leaning on
>It was a mistake and the sound of the tap carried in the night, a torch beam slowly arced towards us as a lightened nickel chromolly alloy bolt carrier group slammed foward in a milled charging handle upper receiver.
>Jed and I fired simultaneously, the sound of bullets striking bone was louder than report of our rifles
>The men slumped down with a loud clattering as the equipment paracorded to their bodies hit the ground at different times
>Our shift was over soon, without a word we rushed from the sentry post worried we would lose our trophies
>As we approached we heard whimpering from one of the men, "I'm a tough bandit, I'm... a tough... mom...."
>it had been months since the last group of 'bandits' approached our position, though we didn't call them that
>and as his last breath escaped into the cold night air I wondered, had we killed the last of the tendies?

Attached: t292a1017i55aca2cfbc5a7.jpg (1200x899, 234K)

>>SHTF
>>every store hasn't been stripped of food and drink inside of the first day
You don't even have to wait for SHTF to see that, just let a blizzard, hurricane, whatever natural inconvince your area has be predicted and watch those shelves empty out.

But bandits in STALKER and IRL (look at Somalians) actually carry food and supplies with them. They're actually pretty prepared all things given.

No it wouldn't. The obvious essentials would sell out quick. Unless it turns into riots everywhere it's just going to be business as usual except it'll be probably just more expensive or difficult to find fuel, water, food, and electricity. It's not like all that stuff is going to disappear at once. It'd take a day or two for most stuff to sell out. Really the only difference will be what shops stay open and how many people continue going to work.

/out/ is kind of anti gun depending on what time of day you are on.

Most are REI hiker cock suckers who dislike any other /out/ activity.

Our area is generally isolated (i.e. in a fucking swamp) and away from poorer areas, so at worst people will be filling gas cans. God I hate those new gas cans.

Of course they carry supplies with them, after they've robbed someone with supplies.

Nice, isolated areas are the way to go if you actually want to survive anything more serious then the aforementioned weather event, which is an obviously unlikely but possible occurrence. Pro tip on the gas cans after market spouts can still be bought and a vent hole can be poked into the other side to make them function as they should, or just buy jerry cans, haven't had any problems finding them around.

Attached: Jerrycan.jpg (322x450, 29K)

I agree
I've got a bunch of normal (old) gas cans I keep locked up, if someone steals them I'll be pissed

Stupid gas can regulation bullshit, I get more gas on myself trying to use these than I ever did with normal cans

Robbing someone of a sausage is kinda desperate user. Nah, they do their own farming and hunting too.

Why would you even want a bunch of gas cans anymore? It's not useful to store unless you plan on using it rather immediately like a few days. Phase separation and what not it'd spoil if you tried hoarding a lot of it for a few months.

So has the EPA actually acknowledged this was a really bad idea? Like Gold King Mine bad?

Eh, having a modest gun collection and stockpile of ammo is not bad, it's only when guys have built house extentions to store 200,000 rounds of ammo and hundreds of guns as if starting an army, does it get weird.

Get about 3 months worth of freeze dried food, water and other essentials, a generator and some solar panels, a pump shotgun, a semi auto shotgun, a pair of AR-15's, a semi auto full size pistol, a full sized revolver, and a compact revolver

500 rounds of Buckshot

500 rounds of slugs

1000 rounds of birdshot

3000 rounds of 5.56x45

2000 rounds of 9MM

1000 rounds of .38 spl

500 rounds of .357 mag

Shotgun and full sized revolver is mostly for hunting

AR and pistol is for self defense.

If you want replace the full sized .357 mag revolver for a long barreled .22lr revolver and use that to shoot small game so replace the 500 rounds of .357 mag with 2,000 rounds of .22lr

Mechanix are cheap I keep two pairs in my car.

The EPA acknowledge they screwed something up? Hang on let me phone Satan and get the weather report for down there first.

This is why you double with plugs and muff.

Scope. Deep in Eye socket

I know it's a 22lr but you don't want to form a bad habbit.

Vigilantes will lynch raiders.

Fat people tend to survive famines...though what is inexcusable is not being fit enough to do pull ups or run a mile while still being fat.

A few months is longer than most emergencies last

The new gas cans are complete shit a woman had to be behind the design

ok buddy, name one occasion in the last 100 years when being a prepper and spending thousands on that shit paid off.

inb4 katrina and shit like that, preparing for natural disasters that are common to your area is common sense, being a ''prepper'' cuz the goverment will collapse etc it's not common sense.

>practice buggin out drill twice a month

Holy shit my sides.

Cannibals will be purged for being ghouls, which is recognised a degenerate world wide.

On a side note...one should be a little on guard when approached by "heathy weight" people in a post apoc...usually neans they are bandits because they gorge themselves on food stocks they find or take, or they are ftom a prosperous settlement and are wealthy or high ranked people.

I like to think I have pretty good wilderness survival skills. I've made bows and arrows entirely out of scavenged natural materials. I know how to make a few traps as well and where to put them. Where to find specific animals, at least in areas similar to my own. Things like that. I don't really have big stockpiles of ammo, food, and guns and all that though. So in all honesty in a situation where SHTF I would probably be fine to just head out into the local mountains with some trusted folk with minimal supplies. You wouldn't see me anywhere near the cities, the only time I would ever come back is if we desperately needed resources.
But to be honest, I don't think a situation like that will ever happen and I didn't develop my skills for that purpose. A more realistic SHTF scenario would probably end up with me in a militia or something.

That's nutin fancy tier right there.

Well yeah but I mean unless you just have it sitting around already instead of running out to get it around that time chances are it's just going to go bad sitting around.

The entire Great Depression.
>inb4 Katrina and shit like that
That’s literally what prepping is for you dumb motherfucker.

I'm sure these 2 fegs will produce less tears than their poorurpean counter parts lol.

come purge us, and bring your tendie friends

Attached: problemsolver.jpg (388x554, 46K)

Fuck that. ANY people are going to be a problem in a post apoc. Those who aren't strong enough to take stuff from you by force, will be asking for your stuff as help. It's not going to be nice. Imagine owning a food shop in Syria.

katrina

Well, at the rate the US is going there will come a day when we are unable to service the interest on the national debt and the US gov will default on its loans.
When that happens, any one on a fixed income such as pensions, SSI as well as medicare will immediately be bankrupt.
Plus the stock market, US treasury bond market, and housing market will crash too so the only safe place to store money is in arable land, precious metals, and firearms/survival tools.

Aside from that, there is a possibility that a second civil war could break out before then. This is extremely unlikely but it is possible.
At the rate that the left is pushing gun control it may actually happen if they start advocating repealing the second amendment and/or confiscation of firearms, both of which we have seen in the past week.
Like I said, the second part is extremely unlikely but the first point will happen one day. Its just a matter of when.

/out/ is Jow Forums's daughter with /an/, newfag. We share interests.