What's the best rail light?

>Small
>Bright
>Won't break from normal use
>Cheap

I really like the look of the force but reviews imply fragility.

Attached: IMG_3285.jpg (300x277, 30K)

These legitimately are very good for pump shotguns

I got one for my AR and honestly wasn't a fan. Having to keep your thumb on it for light isn't what I wanted, I realized, and it secures to a rail with a clip that uses a plastic screw to tighten. If I torque the light to the left, there's play and that bummed me out. Sprung for the surefire m300 and SR07 switch and I love it. Spend the cash and never worry about it again.

>won't break
>Cheap
Pick one.
Let me pick for you. Surefire M600 on rifles, x300u on anything else

I put one of those on a rifle that I keep in a tennis racket bag under my bed, and the battery eventually went dead. I don't know if the button got depressed somehow, or if it just bled dry. I haven't replaced the battery yet since I keep forgetting.

Look at Streamlight. Surefires are fantastic but overpriced imo. I have messed with both Surefire and Streamlight and both feel almost identical quality at significantly different price points.

Streamlight TLR-1 HL
Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount
Surefire G2X

why did insight discontinue their wmx200? Are there better options now for dual white/ir?

This is perfect thank you!!!

how come tactical flashlights have been getting shilled so often in the last year or so?

Doubt that's the case but for me, I don't want a red dot but I do want to be able to aim at night.

There is a switch/lever on the left side you can flip so you don't have to hold it.

No problem

Nothing will break from operating in mom's basement

See, firstly that's not true. I've owned a number of seemingly decent aluminum bodied high lumen flashlights that stopped working because the switch wore out or the battery springs compressed or whatever. Look at the inforce reviews, the plastic screw gives out over time.
Secondly, that's why I put "normal use" because I'm not looking for something that can hold up to being shot like surefire claims or to do ridiculous torture tests on. I just want something that won't break from being turned on and off or from recoil.

You did properly read the thing you responded to and you then made a false statement. Please evaluate yourself.

Yes this. I have the trl1 hl on my p09 and the protac rail mount on my ar. It is probably the best bargain out there, protac.

TLR-1 HL

OP here, thanks for the advice. I got to thinking of having that light hanging on my AR when it's not needed and the batteries going dead if stored in the light or them leaking if left in a hot trunk and I ordered this instead.

Attached: Trijicon Front post.png (268x398, 72K)

don't streamlight also have government contracts as well? So it's not like they're shit vs. surefire.

Inforce APLc, while it works, has some nice paddle control, and is small and sleek, the one I had began to parasitically drain more and more. The battery drain used to be a few months. Then it began to drain a few weeks, and I just sent it back to inforce because the battery would literally drain out after a week.

I was thinking of getting these at one point, but the lack of fine adjustment and the fatter post makes precise fire a lot harder. You're genuinely better off with the stock post and a good light, both for quick target acquisition and identification.

I think they fixed the issues with the WML version 2.

Either way, mine is rugged and I like the ergos and lack of weight.

Because 1/2 your life is spent in darkness faggot

It sucks compared to a real light. Plus the Gen2 Inforce WML fixed the problems of the Gen1

>tfw you summer in northern Alaska and winter in Antarctica

I suck at irons anyway and it's going on an AR pistol. I'm only getting 3" groups at 25 yards. Gun is good, I'm not. It does rapid fire well, I can basically mag dump into a 13"-14" circle at 25 yards. I'd say that's where it blows a standard pistol away.
At any rate, these come in 2 sizes, I got the slim one and unlike standard post it's rounded so I'm hoping to naturally aim better with it through the rear diopter, it also being a circle. It'll also help differentiate the post from its protective wings/ears more. You might be right though. I just decided that the thought of batteries left baking in a light in a hot trunk bothered me, plus wanting to keep the gun low drag. Icing on the cake is that it's much cheaper than the streamlight too so if I'm wrong, not like I'll be out a bunch.

Attached: IMG_3065.jpg (216x275, 32K)

It's not going to help if you already suck at iron sights and it's so damn easier to look up than get a sight picture on a small green dot desu.

Plus batteries should be changed out as needed

Just ductape a flashlight to the barrel

20 IQ. Lithium batteries don't leak. You need a light to target ID.

>having to keep your thumb on it for the light isnt what I wanted

There is literally a switch on it that changes it to press on/press off. Did you not even try and play around with it?

Attached: retard.png (645x614, 83K)

I just want a flashlight that sits flush with my goddamn barrel, is that so much to ask? Inforce would, but apparently it's a piece of shit.

So what non-piece-of-shit flashlight will sit flush and not break when I look at it?

Inforce.

What mouth breathing retard told you it was a piece of shit? they are pretty quality desu

Nearly every review ever written says they don't hold up and drain batteries left in them.

No I don't.

Attached: IMG_3070.jpg (316x400, 42K)

maglite

I really like my TLR1 long gun kit. I'd prefer an Arisaka or Surefire, but I already had the TLR1 so it made sense to grab the kit. Works well, and they provide mounting hardware for the tape switch.

Olight PL Mini Valkyrie?

Thoughts?

The NCstar one with the integrated front sight post :^)