Real GuP

I have done it Jow Forums, I have acquired a Panzer III and a T-38.

I was a bored, slightly depressed guy several years ago when Girl Und Panzer came out. The idea of battling tanks against each other set off a spark in my mind igniting an engine of activity. Over the time since I have been putting resources to bringing the concept to life. I now have land, two crews, and the tanks are nearly done. i hope to run a trial match soon.

I plan to air out matches online for your viewing pleasure. Before that all happens I want to take some suggestions. What laws are there that could impact this? How would you design tank shells and firing device? How should matches be filmed/streamed? Where should we go after 1v1 tanks? Anything you think we should do/add/ show leading up to it?

Attached: Val14.jpg (800x600, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T1eFePf6mWM?t=40s
animemaru.com/newly-formed-senshado-league-disbanded-after-first-match-results-in-heavy-casualties/
youtube.com/watch?v=teyi0ofPOs4
youtube.com/watch?v=EuzMygEVOgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I miss GuP.

wait you fucking what? timestamp now.

Attached: 1520819820736.jpg (657x527, 52K)

Did you not watch the movie or the new OVA?

>Anything you think we should do/add/ show leading up to it?
Occupy france, poland and the benelux countries

Attached: german_occupation.jpg (460x721, 80K)

Just do medieval times, but with tanks.

Next episode in a year.

>How would you design tank shells and firing device?

think paintball but with tanks

Holy fuck how? Chalk rounds?

Relevant: youtu.be/T1eFePf6mWM?t=40s
Additionally - I'd see about making the weight of the paint shells similar to standard ones to simulate accurate reloading. Also, since there'll be some time between shots, use a computer modeling system to "judge" shots to see if it would have penetrated the armor successfully.

Guess its time to make simunitions but with tank shells

Timestamps.

Attached: 1521599625450.png (443x485, 171K)

0w0
Go on, you've made a pretty bold statement. Back it up with some timestamps boi.
Also, a few other Jow Forumsommandos and I have always discussed how to do IRL Senshado, so this makes us very moist (if true).

bullshit, i don't believe you, timestamp of you actually opening the hatches and inside or gtfo
You don't "just" acquire a PzIII and T-38, you took those pics either from the Internet or a museum

Nice FV432, faggot

Yes we have, and it seems we have a rival, or partner, in our discussion and plan.

Also, what is the 2nd tank? Is it a Panzer 38(t), or that weird Soviet light tank? Or is it something else?

aye. Jow Forums is disappoint

>be tank commander in ww2
>die from a loser that teleported behind me
>hope my tank and crew are ok
>check down into earth years later
>see faggot putting anime shit all over my tank

I want to see the tanks tho

Looks to be either a StuG or G.13, not 100% certain

Well we had started work on shells that fire and explode on impact. I am not involved in it, so no idea whats going on in that case.

Panzer III, you are correct. Had to replicate that one ( good eye lad, that's the frame was built off of). The T-38 on the other hand was much easier, just took a trip to Bulgaria.

Attached: Val23INC.jpg (800x600, 131K)

Kinda our thoughts on expanding the whole thing if all goes well and this takes off. Start an american tank league with different divisions dedicated to one countries particular tanks. Hard part so far is coming up with rules to judge shell effect against different tanks. How do you show a Tiger shell vs a Sherman when all you get is an explosion/ colored paint to judge off of and everything is moving and grooving?

Attached: TankOrg.png (800x192, 13K)

Your lame LARP is lame.

Do you have actual girls driving these tanks of yours?

Rebuilt and repro tanks are fine imo, as long as they have similar operating potentials.

If pretending its a LARP helps you throw some feedback in do it user. I will not lie, we are still a ways off from the first match. Still mechanics to be done, camera work, crew drills, land clearing, and of course jazzy uniforms.

Semi-related, we hope to avoid this animemaru.com/newly-formed-senshado-league-disbanded-after-first-match-results-in-heavy-casualties/

So any ideas on firing systems is welcome.

Attached: Val14SS.jpg (800x600, 113K)

Post more pics of both tonks

Mind showing us the T 38?

Attached: I like tonks.png (432x623, 100K)

>Shitty "Replica" tanks

There is a special place in hell for the people who cobble together these abortions

Attached: 1518985355036.jpg (500x447, 55K)

Why not just fire copper jackets filled with sand. They would break up on impact and simulate a hit. Just keeps your hands and head inside the vehicle at all times.

If I get the money, you will see me as a rival in this league, I will have either an M4 Sherman or T-34 from ruskie-land.

Is there a website or social media that we (mainly me) can follow for more information or updates?
Forgive me for being somewhat hesitant, on account of this being a Mongolian basket weaving forum, but it's nice to have some sort of identifier here, ya know?

Attached: 1391228647171.jpg (704x396, 63K)

>wanting to damage legit historical artifacts that should be cherished and shown to future generations

> have acquired a Panzer III and a T-38.

No, you acquired a gutted and aborted FV432, that is attempting to pass off as PZIII,

^THIS

No, All I'm saying is that if you are going to reproduce something, fucking do it right, the second you use pre existing tank parts and chassis / hulls to cut corners you dun fucked yourself. Literally everyone who did this method got some dumpster fire looking abortion.

The only two who pulled it off was a german guy and that team in japan who made a fucking realy good PZIV

Panzer is being finished and i head to Europe soon to check on the T-38 work and arrange shipping.

I posted what I had of the panzer when at the shop, i will snap some photos to send of the t-38 when i am there, so be on the look out for another thread.

Will gladly go to hell after being killed in fiery ammo explosion in the trial match. If you see a news article about "Crazy men dress as Nazis die in tank accident" know you got your wish.

Attached: Val14TD.png (1253x879, 108K)

I mean, you gotta start somewhere, right?
Besides, if this jumps off, then of course more accurate reproductions will follow. But no one is going to invest a ton into recreating old tanks if there wasn't going to be at least some sort of payoff.

OP, where are you based? Please don't be Euro-based, that would kill my boner quicker than the French Army in the Blitzkrieg.

>you acquired
>implying OP is not a larping faggot

Go back to bitching about the StG replica because it doesn’t have 300+ parts in the grip assembly like the original did you cock sucking faggot.

Looks pretty cool. Maybe one day you can replicate those napkin designs like the PZ VII Lowe or E-25.

You're also forgetting about those russkies who built a very convincing Tiger 1 replica for a movie, but it wasn't finished in time for filming

>I mean, you gotta start somewhere, right?

Yeah and as a person who scratch builds tanks for a living this is the first mistake people make. As the suspension on these things is a finger print. There is no dressing up that will fix this. You dick up the lower hull / suspension parts nothing you can do will fix the foundation. This is the problem with every single one of these builds.

I get it, and I get why as to make the actual parts is expensive as balls, but in the end you get results that are much superior to any cobbles turd

As for the internals like the engine / transmission, this is more flexible as for an exterior runner it doesn't make much of a difference, but visually the second you deviate and use tracks suspension parts from something else, game over

>TFW I pre ordered the stg replica back in '15.

These replicas are more like the 10/22 dressed up as a MG34 kit

This was was ok, not perfect but was much better b/c they made copies of original track links. The wheels suck, but the rest was not as bad as the T55 wrecks that have been done through the years

Is there any video of that event

>the suspension isn’t 100% identical! The roadwheels are 2.4mm off!

Kill yourself faggot. Do your parents that solid.

I'm still interested to see where it goes regardless.
It might not be the perfect solution, but it does lend to parts availability as opposed to custom-made or very old surplus parts.
Let's just see where this goes.

This isn't gonna work without carbon coating. Give up while you can.

Attached: 1503157865649.png (393x390, 109K)

BOOF!!!

>autism

You are the cancer killing Jow Forums

For now updates will be posted here. Once we have the tanks here together were people can see its legit and be able to post videos for you boys to give feedback on we will make a social media account then website.

This is the start. Have to cut those corners and be able to demonstrate to people that the idea works so we can gain backing. We prototyped with some cobbled together vehicles with turrets. We may actually run those with the firing system for the tanks as a kind of prerun/hype builder. Pic related kinda captures what I mean

US based, Oklahoma-Texas is current land to run stuff on. We head out to Nevada to run some tests though.

Attached: PorPoSS7.jpg (980x735, 147K)

>Implying FV432 wheels / track look anything like a PZIII

Attached: i0d9q.jpg (300x225, 21K)

>What laws are there that could impact this?
You didn't think to look that up before allegedly buying two tanks?

That's pretty damn accurate though

Attached: 206648058.jpg (800x600, 83K)

>Implying anyone except you cares

Oh man he isn’t using the same exact type of paint and is using a shitty knock off! Holy fuck it’s not going to be fueled with period accurate fuels!

Drop dead.

Attached: 1F0EAE61-498A-416E-876F-6933A063CF1E.jpg (459x320, 35K)

>Autism,
No... I just have standards.

That's like taking a woman home only to find out she's got a dick, and be like "ok close enough"

again, I get it, and I wish you luck... I just really really really fucking hate those knock offs with a god damn passion. Hopefully this works out for you and you get the funds to get better builds

>That front side armor thickness where the U hooks go
>dat sprocket

Learn 2 tiger buddy

>Imyping the two are the same
>Implying you’ve ever fucked anything besides an obese slamhog that was 120Lbs over spec

>Comparing fuels / paint to the fact the fucking thing is a god damn eye soar.

Fucking seriously dude?

Hey, if your threads go down for whatever reason, feel free to come on the /ak/ discord and shill them. We have no problem with that as long as it's interesting.
Also
>Texas/Okie
Fuck yea, I can literally come and talk it up if I wanted to. That's awesome.

From a glance, it looks like a Pz. III. Is it a legit one? No. But it looks the part, better than some other repros I've seen.

Attached: 1477267333691.png (1854x1490, 1.68M)

or he uses soft shells, like paintballs to show strikes

>Having standards = wanted to fuck fat chicks
wow, ok dude, project much?

Tow hooks are too thick, yes. Drive sprocket is accurate

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

>goes on thread to bitch about roadwheels being off demension.

>still the only one bitching about it and is offended others don’t care

Yup, it’s austism

>From a glance, it looks like a Pz. III. Is it a legit one? No. But it looks the part, better than some other repros I've seen.

Agree to diss agree on that one

>the tow hooks are too big! Wah!

Fucking die, loser.

I'm not complaining that the tow hooks are too large, faggot. I was comparing them to the replica built for White Tiger

The sprocket center hub is from a T55, which means the outer teeth ring you see is a all welded steel cage that is bolted to the T55 Center hub, the Tiger I sprocket was a single cast unit and the teeth would bolt to the outside of the casted spoke rings,

Because of this the center hub is off visually

Call it autism if you like, but I just know my tanks / tank parts

Don’t let daggot McAustisc get you down. It’sa good reproduction and more than
Will ever do in his life besides bitch at others like a spoiled brat.

Get out faggot.

You should make a trip so that we know it's you

Boof!

Did you ever figure out what H&H scope goes on that prototype brit rifle?

Holy shit that’s my hometown field in that picture. I go to Fulda Gap every year.

>implying I don't scratch build large scale working tank models for museums and people as a living

wew

Attached: 64592_128078827352836_607434848_n.jpg (640x480, 114K)

Leave this user alone, he in fact does know his tanks and people like him will be of help later when moving on to other tanks.

I will be frank, this is a stupid expensive venture with ridiculous amounts of time just to get here. My friends outside this visibly cringe when the word "armor" or "tank" come up now. Most people look down on it, but way I see it there are guys spending this much time and money on normal boring cars, and have less passion for them. I literally sell plasma and slave every ounce of free time away doing odd jobs to make this happen.

I can tell you though it will all be worth it to put on the hat, pick up the mic, and say "Panzer Vor" for the first time.

Until you realize that all that time and money spent was utterly wasted, because nobody gives a shit. Just like that giant robot fight

user, that's awesome! Wouldn't mind telling more more about this would you? How long does it take, Do you have a team? What have you made? How much do they cost?

I care user

At least you can use tanks for more than just fighting. Things like showing off, movie props, etc.
Those robots were still way too primitive to be of any real substance, but tanks have over 100 years of knowledge and technology behind them.

Don't just discount his opinion though. If this was to become something, then you'd want people who have technical expertise like him to help make it more authentic and fun.

Attached: 1388645932954.jpg (900x693, 181K)

I don't go into specifics, but a Full RC build at the end will start at about $15,000.00

They usually take me about 6 months to a year to build, longer lately as I've been swamped with work projects. I've also been contacted by a few folks who want to get into the repro biz, to which I tell them basically how to do it

As for my company It's a one man operation but recently I've hired a few guy to do my 3d work for printing.

As for what I've made... mostly all the WWII US and german tanks, more can be seen on the website and facebook page

eastcoastarmory.com

Take them to The Big Sandy Shoot.

youtube.com/watch?v=teyi0ofPOs4

American and Russian tanks are fuck all easy to build/restore. Stop shitting on this guy for scratch build By something as as purposely destroyed with no reguard until the 90s came around.

>That M18
If I'm not mistaken those guys were all killed when their reloaded 76mm rnd was overpressured and disintegrated the breech killing everyone in the turret including the owner and his son

Yeah, I heard that.
A real shame. But hopefully full-powered rounds won't be used in this. Because remember: anime physics =/= real-world physics, kids!

>Real GuP
Are you a cute school girl? If not, then its not really GuP

It would probably have to be underpowered paint/chalk rounds

Funny as I haven't built anything Russian until last month... I'm mostly known for German / USA builds

>easy to scratch build... ok lets see some of your builds then?

Attached: 14639772_654699938024053_7567806294703834714_n.jpg (960x720, 114K)

It would make the most sense. But they would have to have at least sufficient velocity to reach distances that are semi-accurate (meaning the paintball tanks wouldn't work, as they couldn't reach more than a few hundred feet).

>not just importing tons of cute Japanese girls/traps
It can be if we want it to be.

From chatting with some military vehicle collector guys I know they told me that after the police report and the insurance investigation was done the tank was hosed off and sold to a new owner via the widow. If I can remember the tank is now somewhere in the Southern states

yeah, chalk rounds may be a good option since chalk can retain shape over the heat, and is relatively soft on impact, plus has some weight to it to be able to maintain accuracy

And it's also a good and safe way to fire at tanks without fear of actual armor spalling.

only problem would be it being fired and able to actually get out of the barrel intact while accepting the rifling of the barrel to get accuracy

I think the three biggest issues you are going to have is you are going to need lots of property, Insurance is going to be up your ass, and also just maintenance for the vehicles.

I can tell you for a fact the biggest cost of these things is just keeping them up and running... they love to break down and break down at the most shitty time. parts are heavy and expensive, plus you need a whole garage that is capable of servicing / hoisting parts of this size and weight. Not to mention Fuel which will be the least of your issues

>a Panzer III

Tell me the letter.

Attached: 1457679686701.gif (256x182, 1.9M)

>GuP will become real in my lifetime
>I can finally get either the fluffy tank autist or the jap pretending to be a brit
yes please

Well, it might have to have some sort of sabot to help with accuracy, like sub-caliber rounds.

>land
He said Texas, Okie, and maybe Nevada. Plenty of land to go around.
>insurance
That's going to probably be the biggest hurdle, legally speaking. Even the guns are easier to deal with if you know the right people.
>maintenance
Depending on whether retrofit tanks or full-scale repros are made, fixing them shouldn't be terrible as long as you have a team of people willing to fix stuff, which you can easily find here in the US. Plenty of motorheads who just want to fix, fix, fix all day long for the thrill of it.

As for the other costs, it can be mitigated if you have each of the teams worry about those costs themselves. It doesn't seem like having all x amount of tanks owned by one person is really feasible unless said person is super rich and wants to be super charitable.

Not to mention the cannon is going to be an NFA item... and I don't think a civilian can make large caliber artillery parts new, This is why all tank guys track down old NOS breach blocks and faces

I think you are going to have to use a compressed air system and have a air compressor in the tank possibly patched into the main engine so when the tank drives it's filling uo the air tank... this will give you some balance as the refill time will simulate the reload.

Bruh, it's still ongoing.

>needing a staff to fix them
Yes true but it will still need to be factored in to the bottom line of the company and can / may cut into profits

youtube.com/watch?v=EuzMygEVOgM

Something someone had mentioned to us. Although, imagining the tank exploding and being killed by a massive air cannon failure does scare me a bit.

Property we bagged, insurance and the ATF up our ass will be a problem. May very well do the trial match regardless as anons so we at least have one recorded match using the things, then talk to them. If we get denied at all corners, well, at least we got to do it once. (Though we'd likely keep making user videos of it till we died or got caught)

Attached: TankGFBestGF.jpg (700x691, 75K)

I think you see it as a central company that runs all the tanks out of their own pocket for a cost, like a amusement ride.
I see it as more of a sports federation (like the show portrays), with a central organizing committee, but each team having to deal with such costs as fuel, ammo, maintenance, etc on their own dime (with some possible allowances from said central committee).
I mean, having tank battles sound rad as fuck, but you have to have some organization and regulations to make it fun and fair for all, otherwise it's just a clusterfuck.

Attached: 1467151319403.jpg (5000x2817, 2.91M)