Best P226 model

Looking to buy a 226 but what model is the best one?

Attached: muhanchor.jpg (900x601, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

k-var.com/truglo-tritium-rex-zero-1-pistol-night-sights
gunbroker.com/item/759899236
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The cheapest one with the SRT trigger. The MK25 has this phosphate finish that wears off the barrel 10x faster than normal and the rest of them are just tacticool shit you pay 100s more for. The only one truly worth it is the extra cash is the stainless frame model. I have the all stainless P229 and it’s 11/10. It’s

Ignore the typos I’m typing on the shitter

get a Legion

Attached: IMG_20170527_023246455.jpg (4160x2340, 3.56M)

An Arex.

This

x-six

I've had 2 legions, a p229 and the SAO p226.
I like the 226 general and am left handed.

If I were going to trade these in and get a new p226, I'm not sure which one I would get. The PVD coating on the Legion is garbage IMO and the beaver tail kind of pokes me a little in my fat midsection making it less comfy. On the other hand, the x-ray 3 sights are absolutely fantastic, as is the Bruce Grey trigger. The solid and heavy guide rod and g-10 grips are also nice. You're paying a premium for the legion though and I don't think it shoots any better than the scorpion. I also don't believe the SAO trigger is much better than the DA/SA Bruce Grey one.

I like the idea of the mk25 but I've heard multiple people say what this guy is saying about the finish. It seems SIG finishes wear pretty bad. Although, the duracoat/cerekote (?) ones seem fine.

Let me look at their website for you:
>pic related
You can drop an SRT in any of them though iirc.

Attached: Sig p226.png (1015x609, 176K)

is that a feature that comes on them or can you ask for it to be installed?
ive seen before you can buy it seperate and do it yourself

P226 navy, but good luck finding one. No I don't mean the craptastic mk25.

disregard the Scorpion, I just double checked, it used to be a better finish, now it's that PVD crap.

Attached: Sig p226.png (1015x609, 187K)

>phosphate finish that wears off the barrel
It's for water use, but you're right, it does wear faster. Luckily it's mostly the diposable parts that experience wear. Got a mk25 at ~8,500 rounds, the barrel is almost stainless it's so worn down lol

Absolutely this.

Attached: Rex Zero 1CP Snow Range Day.jpg (1057x1410, 348K)

What the heck are these things? They look like knock off P226/229s.

Pretty much, yeah. Only in this case the knockoff is arguably superior to the original. Also like 1/2 the price.

The from Slovenia and they are kind of knock offs but they seem to be decent guns. The triggers and especially the sights are not as good as on SIG's but they did better in MAC's torture test so everyone has a hard on for them. Plus, they're from the same country as Melania Trump. I actually really like the grip size of the AREX, fills my hand, points naturally, love it (large hands though). The sights are shit though and at the time, there were no aftermarket parts for them, no holsters, no magazines to be had. These are small market share guns which carries a penalty.
Maybe an AREX owner can tell us if the options have gotten better.

For real world use or competition?
Real world P226 X5 Tactical (first version not the "enhanced" due to mag compatibility)
Competition P226 X6 "enhanced"
Good luck getting either of these thanks to the ban on sig importing to the US imposed by the German Govt.
On the more affordable side an older German made model with 3 matching serial numbers. They run around $600 on armslist.
Better fit and feel (not finish) than the modern us made p226's and higher quality internals. The old German made guns have all machined bar stock internals vs the ami made MIM internals. This is all thanks to a certain (((someone))) who is the same prick who cheapened up and ruined kimber. The only superior american made part is the slide itself, every other aspect of the german P226 is better whether old or newer X-line production.

P250 9mm with flashlight attachment = best self defense weapon on the planet.

Attached: Sig-P250.Commander.Hogue.Veridian--small.jpg (908x575, 148K)

>so good they got discontinued because nobody liked them
I mean seriously, the double action trigger is smooth but who puts a double action only trigger on a modern pistol?

You get a free holster for registering with FIME.

I really like what I am seeing, too bad there aren't night sights and different grips for them.

user, do what I did: buy a cop sig for under $500, and refinish with cerakote (Sig won't touch alloy frames), and upgrade the internals/sights/grip.

Attached: IMG_0784.jpg (1280x960, 330K)

They are offered with G10 grips now.

Excuse me user, but k-var.com/truglo-tritium-rex-zero-1-pistol-night-sights

and they now have like a gallion different grips, including wood.

>k-var.com/truglo-tritium-rex-zero-1-pistol-night-sights
Hot damn, those look just like the SIG x-ray 3 sights too. If those were out when I bought my Legion, I might not have bought the Legion.

Nice

>tfw sig has resorted to anime tier weapon names

Attached: 1496947162498.jpg (638x746, 69K)

Glock 17

The tldr version of my previous post is:
Best money can buy - P226 X5 Tactical (expect above 2k)
Best most can afford- Older German P226 with 3 matching serial #s (expect $600-700)

The DA trigger is very heavy (about 12.5 - 13 lbs), but the SA trigger is a very clean and crisp 4.5 - 5 lbs. The final wall of the SA is great imo. I'm not sure what you think makes the stock sights so shit though. They certainly aren't amazing, but I don't think they're bad. Regarding the aftermarket parts availability, it has expanded quite a bit since its release. You can now get truglo night sights, many different grips, and a wide arrange of holsters both IWB and OWB.

My only complaints as an owner are:
>How heavy the DA trigger is
>How to mag release needs broken in after buying new.
>How the safeties get in the way of cocking it while using the rear serrations. Basically, you need to get in the habit of using the front serrations to cock it.

Other than that, for the price it's an excellent gun and "Sig knockoff".

Is this the answer to the Exeter bullshit?

that thumb safety makes Sig fanboys lose their shit.

>Exeter
Who?

I don't follow.

Attached: 1505716817330.jpg (1200x868, 265K)

Still don't follow.

Please get this dumb retard in the loop.

>I mean seriously, the double action trigger is smooth but who puts a double action only trigger on a modern pistol?

Lawyers and people who set down their pistol and call a lawyer after shooting a "teen" whom is in the process of "turning his life around" while jumping fences "on the way to his grandma's house."

You people need to remember any defensive handgun will be collected as evidence and processed for months, stamped, etched, and impounded. Having DAO hammerless is one further method of protectibng yourself if the local DA is some liberal Democrat piece of shit who thinks you should be barefoot, unarmed and working the manor while he is sitting inside the castle looking on.

>buying a Sig not made in Yurop
Don't bother.

I have a P226r and P226 Legion SAO. The SAO is the best P226 I've ever shot. I don't care about the finish. That's the cheapest thing to fix.

Only REAL operators can own a P226, faggot.

>Best money can buy - P226 X5
They're not being imported right now.

Take your dumb ass posts back to peanut butter land and shove them as far up your ass as you can get them.

Definitely this
proof positive that sig has been resting on their laurels a little too long with the 226 design, some slav company undercuts them on price and makes a simply better version of it.

>when the truth hurts so bad it makes you mad

gunbroker man, i consistently see one or 2 for sale around this price. I can find these easier than I can find a proper P210

gunbroker.com/item/759899236

Yugoslavia started manufacturing decent P226 clones back during the 1980s. Later, Yugoslavia fell apart. Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia now manufacture P226 clones.

CZ99 = Serbia
HS95 = Croatia
Rex Zero = Slovenia

Attached: 1522574316730.png (2518x1024, 187K)

really
where is fucking three
this physically hurts me to look at why would you photography something like this if you found the other two how the hell did you skip the one in the middle i mean come the fuck on this is like hanging a painting crooked or just having odd stacks of things with an even amount of things to stack why would you do this

fuck off with your retarded internet fudd lawyering

I didn't get any better groups with it over the legion DA/SA. It is a very, very nice shooting gun though.

Redpill me on P226. Is it decent for IPSC? I mean a CZ would probably be superior but I want to be a somewhat special snowflake as here everyone has a glock or a CZ for IPSC. How is the safety?

Whatever team creep. Keep sucking mini dick

I the only thing that hurts us how shit you team peanutbutter motherfuckers are.

>I didn't get any better groups with it over the legion DA/SA. It is a very, very nice shooting gun though.

The trigger is absolutely amazing. Tuned 1911 feeling. If you couldn't do better with that you might be retarded.

Definitely get one with a SRT trigger. You could always buy one used and put in an aftermarket trigger (the trigger group is a motherfucker to disassemble though) Regardless out of the box they have the nicest triggers, but the SRT trigger is a nice improvement.

Do you want a rail on the front? Older ones don't have that. But they're cool in their own way just because of that. West German would be even cooler.

Also grease. Sigs like grease (slide rails in particular) TW-25B. A little bit goes a long way.

Welcome to the Sig Master Race. Glocks ain't shit.

Mec Gar makes 18rd flush mags.

>legion SAO
I have one too, it’s a fantastic shooting gun (probably the best I’ve shot pistol wise). But dammit that safety is dangerous, it’s so easy to accidentally switch. Coupled with how light the trigger is, I’d never use it for anything but range time.

Fuck you chocolate fag. These are legion groups.

Attached: IMG_2753.jpg (967x1854, 241K)

And these are Glock 20 groups.
All a nice trigger does is act as a handicap for chocolate fags that can't shoot, chocolate fag.

Attached: IMG_2751.jpg (997x1876, 255K)

Sorry that intelligent conversation is scary. Grow the fuck up. Also, eat shit you miserable underaged faggot videogame bitch. You don't even own a firearm, asshole.

Everything you said was wrong and dumb.

You're an idiot. Your precious elite Gold Dragon Mountain Dew Legion Extreme dovetail superrail pistol that you discharged at Tyrone (and of course, missed) is now in the evidence locker being engraved by the ballistics tech and cataloged by the reporting officer. You may get it back in 7 months but it will need to go to a gunsmith to be functional again.

Some of the pistols posted in this thread are gorgeous and more accurate than the shooter. However, it'd be a total waste to carry one and use for defensive purposes. But hey, continue being an asshole like this little fuck:

You're fudd lawyering again, kid.

There are a lot of aftermarket options coming out since they have gained popularity in the US. Polenar Tactical is leading the way in bringing innovation to the Arex.
Personally I like the sights on mine just fine and will upgrade to the night sights soon, its just the stock grips aren't very pretty. Solid gun though. I EDC the compact model with an inforce apl in a custom made IWB from Renaissance Firearms

Attached: 22BFD1B7-2745-4CAE-8CBC-8ECCD56D1AA3.jpg (1419x1070, 522K)

>All a nice trigger does is act as a handicap

I guess a slowfire shooter like yourself will never appreciate a good trigger. I shouldn't be surprised since you posted UFO targets like a weirdo.

Is there a better place to discuss firearms that Jow Forums that doesn't require membership, is infected with grandpa blackpowder, or former Tier One operators? This place has gone to utter shit. Filled with under 21, filled with gamer geeks, anime cartoon schizoids, foreigners with zero actual firearm experience, and well, posers.

Just wondering. I used to like this place.

You're being an angsty teenager again, boy. Step aside and let the adults talk. Your limp wrists cannot even hold a firearm nevermind handle the recoil of one. Besides, you're probably in like Bolivia or some shithole.

I don't need an ultra short reset, just a positive feedback and smooth trigger. Shoot more and you'll come to realize that a super short reset doesn't really help you stay on target better. Keep trying, you might get there some day my little coco puff.

>t. Chocolate lover

You're definitetely a Pink Peep.

>Been shooting for 30 years
>Snowflake thinks he needs to tell me how to shoot

Thanks, manbun. I'll continue to compete with my own method.

See
It's a typical post nowadays. Low information, all theoretical pathetic try-hards. Blame Hollywood, blame Silicon Valley, but really it's just an example of someone who sees a firearm as power and appropriates a "culture" around it to find strength and power. You know, because it can't do 10 pushups or competitively outshoot 15 other people. So, back to whatever shit Microsoft gaming has turned out.

I want one so bad

I too want a Taurus-tier piece of shit ripoff. Because nothing screams poverty than a clone. See Hyundai and Kia.

>why would you do this
my local comic shop only had 1,2,4. didn't have 3.

The problem is SIG USA is making Taurus tier guns these days.

Kek. stop memeing.