QTDDTOTT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread.
What's the proper way to reload a Thompson? What's the purpose of tapping the side of the gun with the mag before loading like I've seen in games?

Attached: 1771.jpg (1800x649, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/Day_of_Infamy#M1A1_Thompson
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3jbUSIsNms
support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/222806527--2-00-Verification-Fee
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The point of tapping a magazine on something is to get all the cartridges up against the back wall of the magazine so they feed properly. I don't know how this applies to the Thompson specifically if at all.

Was the game in question Day of Infamy? IIRC they did that to lengthen the reload animation.
imfdb.org/wiki/Day_of_Infamy#M1A1_Thompson
>Reloading the M1928A1 Thompson - The player taps the magazine against the receiver before inserting it. This is because the weapon's bolt correctly locks back and the additional tap is required to lengthen the empty reload.

>tapping a magazine on something is to get all the cartridges up against the back wall of the magazine so they feed properly
neat.

What kind of twist rate is enough to stabilize 60 grain lead 22LR bullets like the Aquila SSS?

My russian piece of shit stabilizes them but Anschutz doesnt

are there some good books to start learning about gunsmithing?

I live in ny and just bought a norinco hunter. Quality 10 round AK mags? Also heard of 30 round mags that are pinned at 10 rounds and ((absolutely wouldnt be converted back to 30 rounds)). Anyone know where ((somebody other than me)) could get their hands on that?

Huh, neat. Thanks.

What .308 bolt action rifles have short action length? Is there a short action Mauser bolt rifle in production? Many if not most 308 rifles seem to have longer than needed action, Tikka T3 probably the worst offender

What are some decent companies for AR-15 uppers in between the bargain basement(PSA, CBC) brands and the high speed stuff? I'm looking for something in the neighborhood of $400 minus BGC and RCH, 16" bbl 5.56 mm. I want to get something that is reliable and guaranteed to be put together right. Not looking for a tack driver or a race gun.

What weapon is this at 2:00? Is there a rifle attached to it? Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3jbUSIsNms

Attached: Screenshot (2).png (1366x768, 513K)

That’s a SMAW.

SMAW does have a spotting rifle.

Add: There is a spotting rifle attached that fires a special round that flies the same ballistic path as the rocket.

I'm thinking of having a reserve ammo and shooting ammo. What's the best combo to have? Shooting ammo is 1/4 of your overall supply? 1/3? 1/5? Reserve ammo is ammo you don't want to shoot because of muh prepping. Once you shoot range ammo you don't shoot more and just restock on range ammo supply.
Here's what I have and let me know what you think.
>2.6k .223
>2k 7.62x39
>1.5k 9mm (scorpion carbine+shotplacement)
>1k .22lr
>100 12gshells
>20 7.62x54

>inb4 more ammo
I have my reasons.

can't you just buy some unmolested ones from out of state and pin them before coming back in?

Maybe rather have an absolute number for each caliber depending on how many guns for the caliber you have and what type they are. Keeping mind not only your own consumption and how much you can carry, but what you could in crisis situation trade away or give to your friends.

Nothing more than video game logic, however the knocking is in effort to get the follower unstuck and Rounds lined up, stoppages due to shitty 20rd m16 mags were very common in vietnam so in combat footage you sometimes see them bang it against their helmet before reloading with the same goal as the Thompson reload you're talking about

Can anything be done on pic related?
I want to do something to mine to maybe modify it to look better and useful. Instead of a stupid fin.
>patches
>rails?
>pouch
I don't fucking know I just hate looking at it
>inb4 change states
I will later on in life when I sell my house.

Attached: assholes.jpg (1226x633, 103K)

Jesus fucking Christ why even have an AR at this point? That thing is an abortion that makes the mini-14 palatable

Are you legally able to drill a hole for your thumb?

Nope.

just buy the parts to uncuck your rifle and shoot somewhere nobody will see you or on a range you know doesn't give a shit about regulations

how about a molded thumbhole?
so the thumb doesnt have access to the other side, but there's like a glove finger for it.

Maybe you could make something that sticks out for you hook your thumb on for better grip?
pic related
I'm a shitty artist and I drew it on the left side even though most people are right handed shooters, but that's just because the left was visible

Attached: fuckcali.png (1402x724, 474K)

1000 hours in MS paint btw

This gives me an idea user.

>buy a regular pistol grip
>affix it directly to the side of that abomination using engineering skills
>create a psuedo trigger thats linked to a bar which actuates the actual trigger
>market it to califags because its clearly not a pistol grip as its not even in line with the rifle

Or you could do what everybody else does and just install a normal mag release

or you can be an asshole and buy an EP armory mag lock and just file it down a little to much

That's actually a pretty good idea.

No clue how to pin them. Also would prefer not driving to ohio for a $14 mag

What would happen if i shot some with the spotting rifle

It would be extremely painful.

Apparently the M1A1's bolt slam forward on an empty mag as most open bolt SMGs do, including the previous Thompson variants.

Help lads, I'm interested in getting some cool swords/axes etc to decorate my room, are there any good websites that sell "functional" melee weapons? I don't wanna waste money on cheap Chinese shit

he’s a big guy

you're gonna look like a massive faggot

can you sidestep a 45acp from a Thompson at its maximum range of 150m? (serious answers please)

Anyone reload .303 brit on here, was wondering what anyone got the price per round down to?

I heard somewhere that accu-wedges can wear out the pin holes on your lower. Is that true? i cant imagine how a piece of rubber can wear down aluminum.

uuuu

what kind of rifle is this

Attached: Capture.png (1648x1104, 3.42M)

so I was a nogun fag until about three weeks ago when I bought a m+p sport II online. finally able to pick it up this week and shot it this weekend. but what ammo do I get? 556? 223? or whatever is cheaper?

Croatian VHS.

Depends on what you mean and where it's aiming. You can't see a bullet and knowingly dodge it, you aren't fast enough, but if you start to move by chance just as it fires, and aims where it'd just graze you, you could dodge (more like miss) the bullet. The bullet would arrive in around .4 seconds, so of course if you don't follow a running target at all they can run a few feet in that time, more than enough to make you miss.

But if you were in a controlled experiment and you knew that as soon as you heard a shot you had side step could you do it?

Games do that shit to lengthen the reload animation. In COD back in the day the BAR reload animation had your hand slip up while trying to take out the mag. It looked retarded.

>speed of sound around 1100 fps, little more than .4 seconds to target
>speed of bullet around 950, 0.5 seconds
>sound reaction time .17 seconds
You'd be hit before you could react. If you could see the muzzle flash it might be a different story, I'm too lazy for that much math right now.

Which one?

Is wolf steel case 223 corrosive?

223 and 556 both do. Depends on what kind of range you have available. You probably dont reload so if you have indoors or short range get cheap steel case or cheapest bulk brass first, it'll work. If you can also shoot 100+ yds prone or supported, you can get some slightly costlier ammo too to see what kind of groups you can shoot, as it'll reward you more than the steel shit that will be all over the place

its not, I think it says so on the package

No. Wolf doesn't make corrosive ammo anymore (or ever) to my knowledge. Surplus ammo is the only place you need to be careful about anymore.

Cool. Thanks bros. Just sighted in my ar build this weekend and was wondering.

Has anyone here made buckshot out of birdshot shells? Is it possible to just buy cheapo birdshot and a bunch of lead and make your own buckshot loads for $.20 a pop?

It's called "reloading" and lots of people do it every day.

Its a fall

Any other pithy ideas for posters like this? Trying to run something of an opposition to the "march for our lives" posters still encrusting every inch of my university's bulletin boards.

Attached: mockup-universal-link.png (816x1056, 227K)

not bad man

2000 rounds minimum for any rifle or pistol that you'd take into a fight (AR, AK, Glock, whatever). Selco from SHTFSchool recommends this as a rule of thumb.

Don't get so Jewish with your ammo that you never shoot it and end up let your skills getting dull, though. It won't do you any good to have your shots miss their mark when you need them most.

1/7

lol you cant create a new narrative based on whatever liberals claim their reasoning is and then expect them to follow it. They follow the narratives they hear from other liberals and on talk shows, they aren't going to read your pamphlet and change their minds, it wont even phase them. Don't waste your time

Liberals that are fully set in their ways are not the intended target audience of posters such as that, though.

Best milsurp website?

Badger mountain supply dot com

I cant find new rimfires with that steep twist. Bummer.

can I import a sks from Canada into America?
would it be cheaper to do this and take off the mag limiter?

Is there really a difference in rifles chambered in 5.56 and .223? The way I've heard it explained is 5.56 is basically .223 +P

So I dremeled off the lower handguard retainer from my AK rifle to install a Midwest Industries forend on my AK. I am thinking of returning it back to its wooden glory. Now I have a Draco pistol with the retainer intact.

Should I remove it and install it on the rifle or just buy a bolt-on one? Is it hard to get the front sight base and gas block off the AK? I wasn't thinking I'd want to put wood back on my AK rifle but after tacticooling it out I'd rather do it to the draco.

Remington 700

Damnit, I just want a badass Warhammer in case I have to fend off ghosts or niggers.

Hearing the shot, no -- for basically any gun at any range.
On seeing the muzzle flash, it should be possible at very long ranges, but not at 150m.

Some people buy cheap birdshot, melt the shot, cast it into slugs, and reload it in the same shells. You could certainly do the same with buckshot, though I don't know anyone who does that.

Standard .22s are 1:16"; 1:9" is commonly recommended for 60gr, and really the only readily available alternative, but you don't need to go that fast -- some people suggest 1:11" or so should be ideal if you want to shoot both standard 40gr and 60gr. But that remains very much a custom item, whereas you can buy 1:9" barrels for e.g. a 10/22 off the shelf.

Some nominally 1:16" barrels (especially longer ones) seem to work just fine with 60gr, and some work reliably in summer but not in winter, so really just about anything faster than that should be fine.

No they're virtually the same. The only real difference is a slight increase in pressure over 5.56 and slightly different dimensions. No, 5.56 is not "+p 223" the difference in pressure is negligible on performance. I would be pressed of if you could tell the difference

but I dont want a rustington.

Chambers designed for .223 are ever so slightly different shape than those meant for 5.56mm.

.223 and 5.56mm are rated to create similar maximum pressures. However, loading 5.56mm into a chamber sized for .223 *can* cause pressures that exceed the specified amounts which in turn can cause a catastrophic malfunction. The same is not true in reverse.

>.223 and 5.56mm are rated to create similar maximum pressures. However, loading 5.56mm into a chamber sized for .223 *can* cause pressures that exceed the specified amounts which in turn can cause a catastrophic malfunction. The same is not true in reverse.
This hasn't really been true for a long time now. Most modern Firearms chambered for the round can take them both easily. Most rifles in it are labeled 223/556 or sometimes in New AR15s called 223 wylde

Thanks user

Buying my first Glock. Looking at G19. Prrice aside, should I go gen4 or gen5?

Attached: 1464113610137.jpg (839x627, 68K)

It really depends of your hands. I regret the gen 5 because I like finger grooves. I also regret the 19 instead of 17 because the 17 fits my hands so much better.

That’s why I put ** around “can”. And that was for guns that are only labeled “.223”. Guns labeled for 5.56 have chambers that can take 5.56 no issues, obviously. I’m aware this is for really old guns since it is dumb to make rifles that can’t handle 5.56 in the modern market.

Is there a basic bitch AR for like $700-800 or less that has common commercial improvements like a mid-length gas system, free float handguard, nitrided barrel without a retarded barrel profile, standard+ (like magpul) furniture? Not necessarily looking for Gucci, just a better starting point than an M4gery.

>I don't know how this applies to the Thompson specifically if at all.
I've never owned a thompson but watching
"the mummy" I've learned that there is a stereotype that the thompson jams.
It could be that this stereotype has been perpetuated and made it's way into videogames.

Well its pretty easy to tell. Go to manufacturers site, if a model is chambered in anything longer than .308 or .338 Federal, then it's a long action (.30-06, .270, 6.5x55, magnums).

I've bought 15rd FAL and AK74 mags from country spirit. They do all sorts of ban state mags, Highly recommended.

no actually you can and that’s the best way to win over liberals.

I would just recommend building your own at this point

>you can't convert the fanatics so don't even bother trying because the fence-sitters don't matter even though there's way fucking more of them lmao
This is your brain on extremism.

Dude the first few posts in the thread answered the question. It was to lengthen the animation.

Looking at getting a new cc pistol. 5'9 170, so stocky manlet. Is the P10c grip pretty concealable for appendix, or should I just go with a Glock?

Anybody else get a $2 charge from Gunbroker recently?

Aight. Do you think a build like I said with $800 is reasonable. I'm trying to have the gun, optics, a sling and a few mags be $1200 or less.

Here's a minor chuckle

>be user
>go to basic
>weapons constantly malfunction
>realize the tapping the mags in the movie was them seating the rounds
>begin tapping my mags off my ACH like in the movies
>cuts down on malfunctions
>becomes habit
>back home after basic
>friends invite me out shooting
>bring new AR bought with sweet taxpayer monies
>fire first mag
>go to load next mag
>tap mag off my ACH
>realize I'm not wearing any sort of head gear
>give myself small head ache like the tard I am

Fucking Gamers

Gj m8. Buy ACH. Only shoot with ACH. Be the guy who cannot shoot without his ACH.

Dafuq dis nigga be holding? (The one on the right.) Its Ugandan PDF on "peacekeeping" missions in Somalia according to WIB.

Thats a pretty big barrel for it just to be an ugly lmg. Also that grip is all kinds of weird.

Attached: photo_2018-04-05_18-02-37.jpg (750x350, 41K)

Would something like this be a good alternative for a crossbow pistol target or am I retarded?

Attached: Screenshot_20180405-104713.png (1080x2220, 411K)

chinese semiautomatic grenade launcher

Yeah you'll be fine, you can do that sort of build with 800 given your goals.
That's actually pretty similar to the build idea I'm doing right now. Sort of a basic bitch +1, though I'm going for a meme barrel profile.
I think mine is coming out to around 700-750 before optics and irons. You just need to be patient and piece it together as things go on sale

what makes the usas12 a destructive device and other magazine fed semi automatic shotguns "ok"

thanks I was thinking about getting sako or cz 22lr and they're unfortunately both 1:16" twist

So I live in nonchicago Illinois. My girlfriend is 20, I am 21, she doesn't have a FOID card. Can I still take her shooting with my pistol?

Would those be difficult for a criminal to convert back to original capacity? Dont want them falling into the wrong hands if so

Did you sell something?
>support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/222806527--2-00-Verification-Fee