Ye old fun shop

What do you look for in a gun shop? Tell me some funny and or interesting stories about your favorite LGS. Also fun shop general.

>inb4 what you look for at a gun shop is guns

Attached: funshop2.jpg (736x552, 68K)

I don't go to the gun store but I do go to the pawnshop
>always look at the 3 local shops
>Found my WASR for $450 at one
>31rnd factory glockazine for $25 at the other
>Always come across surplus steel mags and drag them down to 10 bucks a pop without tax
Feels great man, never buying new again

do they have interesting firearms besides just your typical +50 wood stock ruger, remington, and savage bolt guns. do they keep milsurp flowing? are they stupid fucking expensive? do they have cool stuff like belt feds and non american made ak's? do they carry harder to find ammo like 5.45x39, 303 brit, 7.7jap?

>varied selection
>halfway decent customer service
>acceptable prices

$450 for a Wasr is good my dude, right on.

I work at a Gun and pawn, I love it. Good times.

Attached: k8.jpg (361x438, 69K)

Few gems in my area- very wealthy county with waspy transplants and good ol boy natives

"Goin' down to the office"
>cute podunk town on way to innawoods
>mainstreet usa, flowers and lamp posts everywhere
>Unassuming exterior
>Inside looks like a living room
>maybe a 3 foot long counter with two glocks and random boxes of ammo
>few wood furniture shotguns and clearly the owner's personal durr raffle standing up behind counter
>one standing wire rack like OP with hoppes cleaning kits and paracord bracelets
>the other 75% of the room is literally the owner in a lazy boy watching tv with his cats, and a messy desk in the corner with what must be personal bills and magazines and shit
he was a nice guy but a store it was not

"My business major makes me a genius, I am the first person to ever think that branding is important"
>new shop opening up
>owner trying to hype shit up, renting booths at every single town function and asking every business if he can put up fliers for his shop
>visit a week after opening
>long counter, only glocks, .22s, and sw revolvers
>rifle rack looks identical to walmart, mav 88s and various bolt actions
>fn15 in its own standing case as the most valuable and rare gun they sell
>say they do not sell ammo because of issues sourcing a distributer
>rest of store only has what genuinely had to be thousands of dollars worth of cheap printed shirts, hoodies, sweatpants, hats, all with the store's logo. All in black.
I'm not kidding, they had a minimum of 300 t shirts set up alone

Im always looking for wasrs, but they are extinct in this wing of town.

>go to local shop
>i shoot straight over to the used section, my favorite.
>lots of shotguns, usually an SKS or two, a couple mosins, and buttloads upon buttloads of gpduck guns and fudd rifles
>something orange catches my eye from the corner.
Holy jesus. What is that. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT.
>its a remington 870
>i instantly think of all the retarded /k memes talking about remshit, but this is ridiculous.
>the shotgun is covered in lesions of rust. Im talking barrel to buttplate.
>i jave never seen a gun in this rough of shape. Literally looks like something pulled from the bottom of the lake everybodys losing their shit in
>it IS still shootable, but hot damn this thing is mars red
And thats the day I decided to steer clear of remingtom

I don't even go to LGSes anymore since I work at a big box store that sells guns and I can get online orders transferred for free.

>Literally looks like something pulled from the bottom of the lake everybodys losing their shit in
heartily laughed, thank you

You made a better decision than I did.

Attached: mildpatina.jpg (4198x2362, 891K)

I work a "LGS".
>Confused a fudd because I refuse to call cartridges "shells" or "bullets"
>Try and fail to hold my tongue around people that think the AR is unfit for civilian hands as it's "military technology" or that the government will just genocide everyone in nuclear fire
>After parkland couple comes in to "look at the gun he used" I didn't care enough to know f the top of my head and they didn't know, told them to use google
>Regularly talk the ear off of anyone that will listen about the minutia of firearms
>One guy called ten times over the course of three days because he couldn't comprehend that filling out a form doesn't make it "his gun" and we won't sell to anyone until NICS clears it, his armchair lawyer friend gave him some bad advice and I had to educate him that the ATF is a sub branch of the FBI and that we reserve the right to refuse a firearm sale to anyone.
>Deal with "just lookers", Fresh off the boats, and wives sent on last minute errands
>How old do you have to be to buy a gun?
>Are those fishing poles?
>Are those real?
>Are those fishing guns?
>Are those real guns or hunting guns?
>Why does anybody need that?
>(pointing to a henry iron frame) it's the olympic!
>Are these guns for hunting?
>Same kid made a hullabaloo falling to the ground crying out "I'm afraid of guns"
>Ghetto trash
>Guy walks up with his mother "these have nothing on what the army has" I try to chat him up, the usually abut humping and marching but "nope, just shooting"
>People want appraisals but don't bring guns
>People bring guns but don't check them
>keep finding cartridges out of box
>Canadians
>Canadians cutting themselves on my counter checking out knives (he was a butcher by trade too)
>Stopping straw purchases can be fun though
>Guy checks shotgun, hands it back saying "she'll take it" neither do
>Old vets coming over just to have someone to talk to.
>People refusing to produce ID and being shocked they can't see a gun.

One of my LGS' is made more for wealthy clients, NFA guns as well as the rare stuff.

The cool part is that, aside from the NFA guns, all guns are on racks and can be handled to your heart's content. Even the guns in the displays are fair game. Only one display is locked and it's holding some beautiful quality Lugers.

Despite being a poorfag, I make an effort to go there and buy up all the .303 Brit they have. The staff is really nice as well. The younger Iranian dude usually tries to tempt me to buy their cheaper stock of SKS', Mossberg shotguns and Glocks. It's worked a few times, no tax when paying cash helps.

Attached: 1521874398913m.jpg (1024x916, 73K)

>What do you look for in a gun shop?
good prices on guns
good prices on ammo
unique guns

if they don't have any of the three, they're useless to me.

how much were they asking for it?

>>Are those fishing guns?

Attached: 1514619398445.png (500x500, 112K)

>People refusing to produce ID and being shocked they can't see a gun.
why the fuck would you need to show ID for someone just to look at a gun?

>stoppong staw purchases
>falling for fudd memes
If they're married, not a straw purchase. If its intended to be a gift, not a straw purchase. Says so right on the 4473, hoss.

>7.62x54r
>Milsurp, immediately go to used guns to look for this
>Non-scalper prices on guns
>Magazines for any guns that I own
>Gun socks or hard cases
>AKs
>Milsurp handguns, 1911s, CZ pistols, or S&W guns.

>Really don't give a shit about CS so long as they're friendly and don't charge more than $30 for a transfer fee

Attached: 1362862817601.jpg (1024x772, 225K)

Why would you object to handing a gunshop clerk your ID?

You don't happen to be in Dallas, are you?

The guy sounds like your typical douchebag gunstore wageslave that thinks hes gods gift to the firearms industry. Makes a bad name for all of us.

can you explain one reason why you'd need to see it?
Unless I'm buying a gun and filling out a 4473, there's no reason you need to see my ID.

>If they're married, not a straw purchase
Unless the husband is prohibited from owning firearms, which is a reasonable explanation for why he wouldn't be the one filling out the 4473 when he's already standing there.

A gun store doesn't have to sell you a gun. If they think the transaction is suspicious, they can tell you to fuck right off.

>Am I being detained!?

I'm pretty sure his reason is to get people like you to go away.

Genuinely curious if you can come up with a reason.
I've never once been asked to present ID unless I was actually buying a gun or ammo. Even ammo, the only time I've been asked is at walmart.

>guy walks into a jewelry store with his wife
>wife shops around a whole bunch
>find a necklace she really likes
>jokingly says "he'll take it!"
>retail wage slave refuses transaction because that woman might be barred from owning necklaces
?????????

I swear to fucking God, this sounds just like that fucking

You might be surprised to learn that guns are not regulated the same as necklaces.

>lgs employee thinks he's hot shit denying people their rights
>proceeds to act smug anout "keeping guns off the street"
How many times a month do you draw down on ignorant people for doing mundane shit?

While I communicated it in the form of a joke, I did come up with a reason.

>I've never once been asked to present ID unless I was actually buying a gun or ammo.
Nor have I. But if someone did, I wouldn't mind. I'm a bona fide customer looking to engage in a transaction that requires my personal information. I have no reason to play coy with my identity.

I'm not the guy that posted the greentext, you paranoid retard.

>I'm a bona fide customer looking to engage in a transaction that requires my personal information. I have no reason to play coy with my identity.
There's still no legitimate reason to ask to see ID just to show someone a gun.

>Jow Forums gets triggered by the fact that someone may not be willing to sell a gun to any old sketchy retard that wanders in off the street: the thread

>asking to see a gun is the same as buying it
Maybe that's why
gets triggered over a guy jokingly saying
>she'll take it

>If they're married
They weren't and he was a felon.

>to see you are a state resident
>to see your place of residence
>to see you are legally old enough

There is if you legitimately don't want to show the gun to people that have no intention of purchasing it.

Or if you legitimately like looking at peoples driver's license photos.

Or if you legitimately want to waste someone's time.

Or if you legitimately already forgot their name, and legitimately don't want to ask them to repeat it.

Or if you illegitimately enjoy looking at peoples driver's license photos.

Or...

Upstate NY.

Piss off or follow the rules of the private business.

You don't have the right to hold a firearm that doesn't belong to you, but you can look at it all you want n the wall.

Wasn't a joke, he wanted her to do the paperwork.

>to see you are a state resident
doesn't matter if they're just looking.
>to see your place of residence
>to see you are legally old enough
>don't want to show the gun to people that have no intention of purchasing it.
Not your responsibility to decide who does and doesn't get to look at your merchandise. This is essentially what
is talking about.
>like looking at peoples driver's license photos.
Literally the dumbest reasoning I've heard
>want to waste someone's time.
just makes you a cunt
>already forgot their name, and legitimately don't want to ask them to repeat it
We're not friends, I don't care if you know my name.

>doesn't matter if they're just looking.
It does to me. And if you let me see it I skirt the rules.
>Not your responsibility to decide who does and doesn't get to look at your merchandise.
Yes it is, and especially handling.

Maybe he was just checking out a gun for her since she's a noguns, and she trusts his opinion.

see
What shop do you work at? I'll bet either cabelas, walmart, or big 5.

>Not your responsibility to decide who does and doesn't get to look at your merchandise.
I'd say that's one of the defining responsibilities of a clerk.

Walmart may not mind when you rub your greasy hands over all of their merchandise, but that doesn't mean you have a right to do it.

>Maybe he was just checking out a gun for her since she's a noguns, and she trusts his opinion.
Then he would explain things to her, show her and let her hold it to get her opinion, I've seen enough off that to know when something's off.

>doesn't matter if they're just looking

It's a gun *store*, not a place to fingerbang guns. If you're not buying, the door's to your left.

I only go to gun shops when I don't want to wait for the delivery. Primers, Cleaning supplies I forgot to buy, some targets, maybe even ammo on sale or other small stuff if it's not too overpriced.
I also go there to finger guns but always make sure to purchase something small any time I go in and not buy a gun. If I like the gun I fingerd I will buy from them after talking down the price to an acceptable level. If they don't have the gun I want I'll order online or through someone who doesn't make me haggle and gives me a good deal right away.

Dick's.
Call me what you want, just follow the rules and where cool.

I've checked out guns for people before. By explaining everything to the person that's buying it, giving them my recommendation, then wandering off to another part of the store while they conduct the transaction.

>Dick's
Forgot they even sold guns, honestly. Might as well be walmart or big 5.

My local gun shop has a minigun on display. Their handgun selection is nothing but Glocks, S&W, and HKs though.

Basically. There's no reason to stop by unless you won a raffle or there's a deal you can't pass up.

>anti-2A store
>called Dick's
>Clerk acts like a dick

checks out

Won't argue with that. But he deserved it.

>the rules
>providing ID just to fingerfuck some guns
I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if that were a rule at dick's. I think you're confused about the purpose of this thread though. it was to discuss your lgs, not a liberal antigun shithole.

It is a gun store that is local, and sometimes memorable things happen, cantankerous self rightious fools among them. It might be a liberal anti-fun shithole, but don't complain when you go t that shithole of your own free will.

brand ain't shit. logo ain't shit.
your reputation among the ppl is the gold.

first time buyers' money only cover the ad and rents, to make money, you need return costomers.

Youth handgun act. Can't let you even hold a handgun if you're not 18.

How do you catch straw purchasers?

This particular incident involved an unmarried couple, the man was looking over a shotgun, this is normal if the woman is no-guns, but this particular instance was strange, he looked it over, shouldered it and said she was taking it, meaning she would fill out the paper work and take ownership, but she didn't look the slightest bit interested, no questions, no remarks, she didn't even touch it, so I compromised having both of them fill out the 4473, at this he ached and moaned like no tomorrow "I've never been treated like this". Now hers goes through clean, but he checked off convicted felon, and our system automatically denies those. There was another instance of a young middle eastern gentleman handling firearms on behalf of his father who did not speak english and did not want to fill out paper work, in short you catch the stupid ones, but some are more clever, like feigning couples, handing off money outside, one even sent a friend in with a raffle ticket because he was impatient after a delay.

>doesn't matter if they're just looking
then they can look at it sitting in the case, faggot.
My shop isn't a god damn playground to finger bang shit and not buy anything. Make me waste my time having to stand in front of you to while you finger fuck the m&p 9.
How about this reason; if you have they're ID and you hand them the gun and they attempt to steal it, then it's nice to have their ID huh?

So what's the best negotiating tactic when fucking with a pawn shop? The prices at the ones near me are heart attack inducing. Higher than armslist pricing.

I work at an LGS.
>Gang-bangers referring to snap-caps as "quiet bullets"
>"Yo can I see that AK47"
>People boldface telling be they put stocks on their AR pistols 'just to try it'
>"Y'all gotta any extra safety detent springs and plungers for an AR-15"
>People not having their current address on their ID
>people knowing nothing about ar's and buying them before the gubmint bans them
>Jews whining about prices
>Autistic full grown adults talking about weird gun shit that I don't give 2 fucks about
>"How can I get this gun out of my girlfriends name?"
>"Is this automatic?"
>"Clips"
>People bringing in unholstered loaded firearms
The usual shit. You know, I bag on people for being stupid with guns, but for those that come in that actually want to learn I can't hate them for that.
Also
>Our CCW instructor has massive titties
>Our gunsmith browses Jow Forums

Attached: 1500335732193.jpg (400x300, 12K)

1) nonretarded prices, I don't expect you to directly compete with online sales but the convenience fee shouldn't be egregious

2) good selection of firearms and ammo, if all you've got is fuddshit or literal walls full of basic bitch ARs I'm not interested

3) staff who aren't complete cunts, if you ignore me, treat me like a nuisance, or spout condescension you get none of my business

That's pretty much all it takes.

>So what's the best negotiating tactic when fucking with a pawn shop?
Feign disinterest, don't be afraid to walk away, wait a while and come back, if it's been sitting there a while make an offer, any money is good money.

>People not having their current address on their ID
At least the stickers from the DMV count for something.
>"Is this automatic?"
Somebdy asked that about a mossberg MVP.

Damn, I didn't think people would be so stupid and blatant about it.

they probably meant semi-automatic

Nope, he asked verbatim "Is this semi or fully automatic"?

Are you ever worried about letting people check out guns? I watched a video of some guy asking to look at an AR in a gun store, and then he loads a magazine that he was carrying in his jacket and starts shooting.

Some are, I'm sure not all of them so like it or not if I feel off about something I have to but them through the process. That middle eastern guy didn't even happen at our store, we got the notice and that day he walks in, my boss asks him "was this you?" and he says yes!

I'm always looking for the old stuff.

Some of the stuff I've in local pawn shops lately have been:

>M1 Garand
>Winchester 1897
>Finn-capture Mosin 91/30
>Colt Police Positive

Not him but no, our location has trigger locks and at least we keep an eye on them, other stores do away with locks in favor of carrying.

Some states prevent under 18 from handling weapons, including knives. More importantly if I'm running a gun shop I don't want to waste time talking price with a person who's under age, or from California.

Gun shop in Tulsa:
>10 years back used to be THE place with huge selection and knowledgable staff
>I'm in the area again, lets check it out
>Walk in, hear staff telling a guy that he doesn't suggest a Taurus Judge for CCW because "As far as the police are concerned thats like having a sawn off shotgun"
>WTactualF? but ok, maybe he's just fucking with the guy.. he CAN'T be that dumb
>browse around, selection is still good but I remember it being better
>Ask staff if they have any semi-auto UZIs in stock
>Guy hands me a jericho pistol
>lolwhut.jpg
>explain no I mean a semi-auto version of the SMG the Israeli's used
>"Oh, you mean this?"
>Hands me a MPA10
>leave the store disgusted.

The amount of disinformation out there is crazy, I had a guy come in because he lost his receipt, he was under the impression of his cop friend that if you didn't have the receipt on you or some other proof of purchase the police could confiscate your firearm. Also a lot of people think I'm a substitute for a lawyer.

I have very little use for a gun shop these days. Primary concern is FFL transfer fee.

>Built up a relationship with LGS.
>50 yard range on site with 12 booths.
>Huge selection that isn't all Glocks n ARs with a used section that has oddballs and antiques.
>Misc accessories, clothes, optics, lights, knives, mags, novelties, books, cleaning and reloading gear on sale too.
>Classes offered.
>Owner is open to haggling and fair on trades.
>Gunsmith isn't retarded.
>Favorite hangout for cops because retired LEOs work there.Trashy people tend to avoid the store
>Everyone is friendly and mostly knowledgeable.

Only downside is that the guns are pricey because the owner expects haggling. If you don't haggle you get gouged. Also they spoil you for other gun stores. Other than that the place is great and I've never had a Jow Forums LGS story. 9/10 place bretty good.

My local LGS
>$250 CMMG stripped lowers
>$80 non-hk Mp5 mags
>$899 Gen IV glock 17
>$1,700 for a fucking CAI C308
>Dirty, un-cared for bolt guns in fudd calibers that haven't sold in years
>Used single barrel shotguns for $400
>$100 "pre-made" AR cleaning kits with a fucking rod, patches and spray in a fishing kit

I have no idea how they stay in business, I go to cabellas because the ammo is 40% cheaper

Attached: richelieu-cardinal-image.jpg (300x300, 17K)

saw a shotgun with a sears and roebuck stamp on it yesterday at a lgs. thought that was very interesting, harkened back to simpler time when firearms were sold by catalog. gave me a history boner even though its probably a relatively uninteresting firearm

Anyone know any gunstores in mid-Michigan that have a lot of milsurp? Seems pretty rare around here.

I don't usually go to the local gun stores because their shit is well overpriced and they have slim selections on most ammo, but I try to buy things like targets from them because I like to support local businesses and it's more convenient than ordering targets online. The gunsmith here knows his stuff though.
>go to gun store
>Ask if they have.300 Savage
>Guy like at back shelves says they ain't got any
>Order some, should take about a week
>20 days later no call about it coming in
>Go to store
>Ask about ammo
>It was never ordered because they've had the same six boxes of .300 Savage in stock since 2011
>Gave me free grilled chicken as apology

I am the assistant manager at a pawn and gun shop in upstate New York, about 30 minutes east of Rochester.
We have a bunch of random guns come in, and we try to keep it about 30/70 between new and used guns. Cheap ARs and Glock 43's are our best sellers.
I absolutely love when people bring in old guns chambered in popular calibers. The coolest gun that's come in so far is either a Luxembourg FN-49 or a 12ga browning A5 with a stupid-low serial number (40,000's).
A lot of people come in looking for guns that we don't have at the moment, but I know they're just blowing hot air. I always like seeing guys come in who build their own ARs, and I REALLY love when they sell us spare parts, then come in two months later and buy them back for a small profit.

...collectors firearms? They’re “normal” guns are usually a little overpriced, but holy fuck I love looking through their impossibly huge collection of old and rare shit

We have 3 gun shops in my town
-A farm supply store, just new shit
-A pawn shop, owner keeps all the cool stuff for his personal collection but there is a good deal every now and then
-A hole in the wall gun shop, mostly fudd guns, some glocks and a few ARs. They also have a consignment rack(very small)
>vist hole in the wall shop weekly
>always check consignment rack
>usually beat up fuddshit, single shot shotguns or cheap muzzleloaders
>been doing the since they opened 5 years ago
>as I walk in I look to the consignment rack
>double take as I see an enfield magazine poking out from behind an old shotgun
>hurry over to it
>it’s been sporterized, price tag $350
>nope
>look to left and see a rifle with a spray painted camouflage stock
>pick it up
>it’s a Type 38 Arisaka
>original stock cut down and painted
>receiver drilled and tapped for a scope
>price tag $300
>allofmydisgust.jpg
I hate fudds so fucking much

Because it gets contentious assholes like you to fuck off

Hello Ian

>not carrying at work

Have fun getting robbed since you'll get shot trying to take a trigger lock off

>$900 Glock 17
You can get TWO Glock 17's for damn near that amount. Holy shit there's no way this place survives. Even retarded normies aren't that retarded.

Kurt is it?

I'll be sure to stop by EST with some charge handles, grips, random bits, and a carbine handguard when I get time. Trade fo sum ammo. Is panick buying still in full swing? I was thinking about selling my Stage arms AR if there was enough dosh to make.

Yeah, my lgs has 4-5 employees stationed at different counters around the interior perimeter of the store, all of them carrying. If anyone tries something in there, they’ll be perforated from three different angles in a heartbeat

They'd probably hit each other in the crossfire.

Last time I was out The Gunbarn in Otisville had a good chunk. I can't vouch for prices or service however, but I did get to finger fuck a mint Gewehr 43

Poor maintenance & storage by shotgun owner

Unless he kept it in a fucking aquarium no quality shotgun should ever do this.

>not wiping down and oiling your rustington every 2 hours is considered poor maintenance
kek the damage control from this remdrone

Because this is America and the 2nd Amendment, you OWE ME A GUN!!