Galil Ace Too Ugly To Buy?

I'm looking into buying a Galil Ace, but I've heard complaints that, despite home defense not being a beauty contest, the rifle is just too fugly to buy. What do you guys think?

Attached: GalilAce308.jpg (3840x2160, 993K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cr-gYwuNgSI
gunbroker.com/item/762133062
apexgunparts.com/galil-35rd-magazine-5-56x45-223-good.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its fucking ugly

It's pretty damn ugly, but the .308 version seems like it'd be useful enough of a tool for me to overlook it.

I wouldn't buy it. If I wanted to make the relatively big investment required for it I'd want something that I'd love to look at. Then again, it's your money OP, do what you want.

I hear you. Midwest Industries has made an extended m-lok rifle-length handguard for it, but that doesn't fix that ugly-ass stock.

Attached: MI-GA556XR-3.png (1200x900, 2.97M)

That's a nice looking handguard.
I get what DIE JUDEN were trying to do with this rifle. I just think that I can build a better "tactical AK" from. It might be my disdain for polymer lowers that's turning me away from this rifle tbqh.

If I'm not mistaken, the actual receiver is steel. The polymer part is that weird piece for the magazine well, pistol grip, and trigger guard. I could be wrong, though

change that fucking stock if you buy it

Yeah don't buy the ACE It's too ugly.
Totally not the same as the original galil in every fucking way except for the fucking charging handle and gasblock. Not at all.

Attached: 1491361996924.jpg (1024x308, 118K)

It does look way better with that stock on it. Much closer to the original Galil.

The receiver is the exact same as the original.
Original parts fit it, as pictured. Nobody seems to get this, that if you want a good modernized Galil it's a minimum amount of work to achieve.

Well shit. Why's everyone bitching that it doesn't look like the original then? wtf? Good point

Because people are fucking retarded and don't look into anything beyond pictures.

I have to hock these things and explain this to every prospective buyer. The 5.56 ACE even has the fucking front tab milled out for the original mags.

Attached: 1494985781189.jpg (500x749, 89K)

Attached: e69.png (523x663, 288K)

why do people even want a galil?
is it just autism?
do people just suck Israel's cock?
I don't get why you would buy one over an Arsenal/Tavor/[insert generic piston gun here].
maybe it's just not for me.

The .308 ACE seems to really be the only one worthwhile, desu. I'd take and
advice if i bought one. I wish the grip wasn't aids though, since it appears integral to the lower and mag-well.

I wish there was a 5.45x39 galil or one in 6.5Grendel or 6.5Creedmoor.

Replace the stock and handguard.

MagPul Zhukov handguards can be made to fit, and so can the classic steel folding stock.

Attached: Galil Zhukov.jpg (998x691, 238K)

Attached: Galil ACE modified.jpg (1024x308, 221K)

It looks like they've gone for a 70's sci-fi aesthetic

Attached: 11-dingen-waaraan-een-echte-man-volgens-de-dames-voldoet_crop1000x500.jpg (999x499, 265K)

why doesn't IWI just ship the damn things with a Zhukov and the classic stock, or better yet, a wood furniture version, just like the original. You had one job, IMI.
ONE JOB

seriously, if you want some unique ak+ar amalgamation just buy daewoo

Attached: tumblr_nqo44qyaVh1qzf5l2o1_1280.jpg (1280x719, 233K)

From what I heard, you *CAN* remove the plastic lower pistol grip/magwell assembly. If you have the money to burn, a Galil ACE would be a good base for a new project, but I'm not sure how I feel about spending $1600 on a gun that I'd have to spend hundreds more on pistol grips, handguards, etc to actually love.

That railed dust cover/gas tube also looks like ass, though it's still functional for sure. Basically, the ACE seems like a triumph of features over looks and everyone I know who owns one loves shooting it. It's like that girl who's ugly with a little too much arm/back hair and smells a little funny who's allegedly incredible in the sack and gives the best head your friends ever experienced and yet you still don't know if you could ever bring yourself to hit it.

Yeah, looks like something that the sandmen would use to chase down runners.

Dugan is why I bought a Daewoo. The rifle is dope as fuck.

>gives the best head your friends ever experienced and yet you still don't know if you could ever bring yourself to hit it
guns you don't enjoy to shoot are guns you won't ever be proficient with.
sometimes looks DO matter.

the T91 is cool in the same way.
Asia does it right sometimes, man.
wew.

The Galil Ace, minus the handgaurd, is objectively the best AK derived rifle ever made

From what I understand you can fit them with Zukov handgaurds from Magpul with only minor modification of the polymer

I'm sure it's great to shoot once you decide to take the plunge, it's just that taking the plunge is pretty daunting with such a minger of a gun.

Fucking this, I have little love for the galil.

Thank you based Dugan.

Galils are cool guns. The Tavor isn't very cool to me.

The older Galil is way cooler than the new one.

Get an old school galil if you want one. No point in getting an ace over literally any other modern rifle that performs the same.

The K2 is baller as fuck, and I want one of those too, but it's only in 5.56mm

>T91
>no brass deflector
sure do

I actually really like the aesthtics of the ACE, am I retarded?

Attached: 1497933046483.jpg (720x666, 135K)

The lower can be taken off, then you can weld on the trigger guard and the magazine release assembly, then put on a pistol grip.

Original mags will still fit and feed.

>AK derived
that's a long list, user.
personally I'd take an AK5(FNC) over a Galil ACE.
>SAKO RK95TP rifles are better than the ACE, desu, with the classic folding stock and a much better hand-guard, vent system and tend to be less over-gassed than the RK62 (and by extension the Galil).
>The Vektor R5 (in 16 inch export version) has a much lighter, shortened gas system that has a reputation for soft shooting and old batches easily rivaled SAKO production.
>the Italian license produced (but heavily modified) Bernardelli VB-SR is arguably superior with the STANAG magwell integral to the rest of the lower and several ergonomic changes the ACE-N has tried to adopt since.
>the Vektor CR-21 and Armenian K3 are both novel for extensive use of polymer (moreso than the Galil ACE) and for being bullpup in a world of standard configurations.
>Kalishnikov-USA designs promise to improve upon the AK-100 series even further with more options, calibers and better accessories than IMI (quite ambitious, but we will see)
the list continues, but the ACE is really a lukewarm rehash of (((borrowed))) concepts designed elsewhere by customers of IMI and SAKO decades ago.
Is it an excellent rifle? sure.
Is it OBJECTIVELY the best? not even close.

hey I said sometimes, didn't I? :>

no. Different strokes for different folks, user. you do you.
If I wanted to hack apart a ~1800 dollar rifle to get a different grip, I'd buy something other than an ACE.

>Why would literal jews sell something i want separate from the base product?

>The older Galil is way cooler than the new one.
agreed.
the history present in the RK62 and the original Galil is something special.
The ACE, not so much.

If they were being "(((joos)))" they would do the smart move and sell classic Galil clones and then modern furniture upgrades separate under the guise of being 'current IDF service' to bait shekels from idiots.
the ACE seems like a hastily slapped together afterthought for foreign contract.

I think the Vietnamese adopted the ACE in 7.62x39mm.

It's probably a pretty good rifle

There is such a thing as too ugly, that thing is a fucking mutant. It looks like whatever inbred Hasidic designed it.

Besides, everyone knows home defense means "negro repellent". Objectively, the best option for 30 caliber floppy slotting is the FAL.

>vietcong use AK
>AK get old
>Vietcong buy new AK instead of change
never change, pinko commies.
never change...

this post screams newfag parroting memes.

>give money to literal Jews
>they turn around and give it to politicians who will push for (((gun control)))

Classic.

liberal Jews and Zionist Jews are not the same thing.
go back to and lurk more please. stop shitting up my board and threads.
Thanks.

I'm just so full of resentment that it looks nothing like the original 308 Galil, that I can't help myself.

fuck off leftfag

fair enough. we all wish IMI still pumped out Galatz and Galil clones.

>Spend over $1500 on a literal AK
>Add another $500 to make it aesthetically non-vomit inducing

I'll pass

When i first saw them, i thought they looked like a plastic nightmare but theyve really grown on me. The stock is still pretty ugly to me though

Don't even need to spend even half that to have good looks, see:

>still having to spend money on upgrades on a $1600 AK
WEW

It's just $1600

>just buy this thing that’s really expensive and hard to find
Ok buddy

Theyre not rare or expensive. A preban is around $1600 and a neutered ban era one is about half that.
Spare parts avalibility is an issue though, ill give you that.

I curse 922r every day.

A pre ban is $2500 and a post ban is $1500

I’ll probably be buying one in 5.56x45. It’s down to one of these or a Bren 805 and the 805 is like $200 more expensive.

If I'm going to spend $2000 on a gun it better look good. So, no I wouldn't buy that fugly jew rifle.

I really hate how the Bren 805 looks.

I'd buy a fucking Tavor before I'd buy that ugly duckling.
However If I had the dosh I'd buy a Pre-Ban Galil in a heartbeat.

I feel like I must be the voice of reason here

JEW GUN

it's ugly as fuck. buy .308 vepr and be happi

>kike garbage for 2k
>Proven platforms ranging from PTR to SCAR, plus money for optics accessories and ammo.

Pick one, also pic related as it is an obvious security threat to icelanders and exactly what you get for trusting these 'people'

Attached: 5a898fabdbcfc.jpg (640x401, 72K)

>Rabbi not even there for a week and hes aready spewing his bullshit

Jesus christ holocaust 2 when

>voice of reason
>MUH JOOS
you have to go back

youtube.com/watch?v=Cr-gYwuNgSI
he cries out as he strikes you

fuck israel

Attached: 815KaSZCHPL._UX466_.jpg (466x436, 24K)

Jow Forums has always been Jow Forums

its you who needs to go back to /reddit/

>Galil isn't proven
>implying implications
The PTR is nice, particularly given how affordable it is, but a gas operated battle rifle is always nicer to shoot.
The SCAR17 is REALLY good, but it's not $3000 good, thus to me, an ACE looks like a *relatively* good option for a gas operated battle rifle, at least compared to the SCAR.

Of course, it's not too hard to get a good AR10s these days, so you can build or find yourself a good one for like $1000, if budget is a concern.

Veprs are nice but they're no longer imported, which is a shame because the Vepr12 is probably one of the best automatic shotguns on the market.

What a trite meme, I bet you came here in 2014.

Attached: M&P10.jpg (1280x886, 457K)

Nah senpai. You do you. We'll laugh at you for it, but go with whatever you want.

I like how the .308 looks with a Zhukov handguard and oldschool stock.

Standard looks pretty dull.

Israel is great. In fact, all the Jews should go live there.

>I bet you came here in 2014
This was my home board for a while back in 2011. They hated libs back then too, because they shill for gun control.

Its just now they are realizing that liberals shill for gun control because (((they))) want to keep the goyim unarmed

Never forgetti

Attached: 960DCB8A-617E-408F-A8ED-816D18E28F7B.png (750x1334, 234K)

I won't mind buying a gun from a Israeli that may one day be used to solve the question everyone seems so afraid to ask. The irony is palpable and omnipresent. All I know, is that my bullets will strike all flesh with equal fury, come that fateful day. The name on the side of my rifle matters not to the dead.

I like the way it looks but I like AKs more so unless the 805 pops up for $1350 again I’m going ACE.

that's the one thing the rest of world can agree upon.

that's pretty fucking disgusting user

>This was my home board for a while back in 2011
And for me back in 2008. I'm no oldfag or anything but neither are you.

>They hated libs back then too, because they shill for gun control.
Indeed we did. Still do.

>because (((they)))
I don't really believe in that stuff.
>inb4 a torrent of infographs

>Israel is great
Palestine doesn't agree.

have I got a treat for you, user.
gunbroker.com/item/762133062

>I've only been here for 3 years but I think I know what I'm talking about.
That's some pretty wild Dunning Kruger.

it also screams normie with total lack of temporal awareness.

>And for me back in 2008. I'm no oldfag or anything but neither are you.
I was on Jow Forums since chanology, but I was mostly on r9k and /tg/ because of muh 40k.

>sold

>muh shareblue
that guy was obvious an obvious boomer

its still a kike gun

>The 5.56 ACE even has the fucking front tab milled out for the original mags.
That's because the regular military contract IWI ACE uses Galil mags. They only import the AR15 magwell version here because no one in the US will buy a 5.56 rifle that doesn't take "muh pmags"

Can't help but be a bit upset at that because it's hard as fuck to find Galil mags in the US, they easily go at $100 for one in good condition.

If they're still actually making normal Galil mags I wish they'd sell them in the US.

Attached: IMI Micro Galil 5.56x45mm.jpg (1600x808, 200K)

apexgunparts.com/galil-35rd-magazine-5-56x45-223-good.html

You’re thinking of valmet mags

I might be, but I remember seeing Galil mags go for quite a lot too. That's a real good deal if that's a reliable supply of them.

Looking at gunbroker, I see quite variable prices.
Perhaps I'm thinking .308 Galil mags?

Attached: Galil .223.jpg (2895x2206, 2.32M)

hey it was active when I posted it.
I tried.

gaylil xddddD

Rude