ITT: user wants to be a shitty marksman

what's Jow Forums's opinion on a .308 Ruger precision rifle? and also, is it any good for someone who's new to long range shooting?

Attached: rpr.jpg (848x477, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bergarausa.com/bergara_b-14_series_hmr_hunting_and_match_rifle.php
snipercentral.com/ruger-precision-rifle-full-review-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RPR is good to go.

Get a Remington PSR.

.308 should have stayed in the 1950s. The only good thing it ever did for anyone is give us 7mm-08.

Why wouldn't you just the 6.5 creedmoor rifle?

If I were you, I'd just go with a Remington 700 .308. It's just tried and true, known quality. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Ruger, but it's just sort of the econoline of gun for the most part (with the exception of their revolvers).

But I'm also basing that heavily on aesthetics. I'm not a fan of the tacticool look, it just looks like the weapon of some shitty action figure, I really like the minimalist rifles. I'm totally convinced all these unnecessary tactical frills will fall out of style and rifles will go back to the old pre-2000 designs. It's just too shitty looking to be here to stay, like fucking JNCOs or those stupid plastic visors everyone was wearing in the 90s.

6.5 Creed Bergara.

What are some good, simple rifles for baby's first long range gun, and what caliber is a good starting point?

>no bolt action
>why even live

Attached: Featured-881x587.jpg (881x587, 134K)

a .22 handgun and homemade whiskey are an excellent choice for babby's first gunz.

There are mich better options out there, the Bergara , Howa, savage 10, lithgow, the rpr is nicer the a similarly priced r700

Old nigger? Remington quality has plummeted. I can understand wanting a custom rem700 action to build off of for parts commonality but a new, stock rifle?

I think it depends on what you mean by tacticool. I think, for many purposes aluminium chassis are useless extra weight but they are more likely to make a rifle accurate. That the gain in accuracy at the price range might only be 1/4" at 100 yards but it makes a good gun to learn on and possibly compete with.

Attached: 20180205_200557_1517883090154_001.jpg (1330x1994, 805K)

I will add though, if you can get a hold of an old rem700, do it if only for the action.

agreed, what fucking retard still thinks rustington still makes quality?

Bergara B14 HMR. lighter, not such a spacegun, bretty gud, sub half Guarantee.
bergarausa.com/bergara_b-14_series_hmr_hunting_and_match_rifle.php

It's a good rifle.

>rustington

>but it's just sort of the econoline of gun for the most part
Considering what the RPR goes for, it would not be in their budget line.

I've shot my brother's creedmore version and fucking hated it. it just feels absolutely cheap. because it is. because it's ruger. it's a solid gun I guess, but I'd go for something nicer if I were to buy a precision rifle.

Get a Savage stealth 308/6.5/338

Splurge and get a GAP10 instead. Because reasons.

>this

I've got one in .308, she's a cutie.
hasn't let me down.

Savage Stealth, .300 Win Mag.

its a good rifle. 308 is meh. 6.5 creedmor is a better load all around.
if you really do expect to do work or have a range at 800+ yards, 7mm mag into 300 mag (wby or win) and 338 lapua are better rounds.
6.5 creedmor is nice to shoot and will do you up to a grand in good conditions for target shooting

snipercentral.com/ruger-precision-rifle-full-review-2/

> better all around
no, apparently the means of production would rather give you 308. i can pull down 50cent per round 308 all day. That's what a beginner needs, not marginal ballistic benefits not apparent until after 750m.

if you get that gun and don't get six and a half C, i think you've made a mistake.

People who are buying the 700 Police, which is still a very good option for a first precision rifle (even if the HS stock it comes with is kind of dated). Cerberus fucked Remington pretty hard, but the 700P is still made right and shoots well. Source: own a recent-production 700P LTR. Mine's chambered for .223, and it's a laser.

The RPR is a Ruger American in a chassis. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but that's what it is. OP, if you like that then go for it.

Personally, for production rifles I'd be looking at a 700P, maybe the tacticalized Model 70 that FN USA does.

Go with a Savage Stealth or a Tikka T3x.